Dead

Billy Graham's
Message to
America - Video

How I Escaped
the
Mormon Temple

KINGDOM/APOSTOLIC Transformation & Reformation ARTICLES & Discussion
OpenHeaven.com Forum : KINGDOM/APOSTOLIC Transformation & Reformation ARTICLES & Discussion
Subject Topic: Having disarmed principalities and powers - Herb Dean Post Reply Post New Topic
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group

Online Status: Offline
Posted: 03/25/2008 at 9:31am | IP Logged Quote Moderator

Having disarmed principalities and powers.......Col. 2:15

Dear friends,

Greetings to you in the name of our Lord. Today I would like to share a few thoughts on spiritual warfare. These thoughts will be different from most you've heard. I pray that this will be an encouragement to you and that you will prayerfully consider these words.

Having disarmed principalities and powers, He made a public spectacle of them, triumphing over them in it. Col. 2:15

The event described above was the greatest single act of spiritual warfare and apart from this all attempts to overcome the enemy are vain. The event ,of course, was the crucifixion of Jesus Christ. How was it that this act spoiled the principalities and powers and crushed the very head of satan? I'll attempt to answer that question, but first let me share what my idea of spiritual warfare was. I would pray loud, energetic prayers rebuking this spirit and that demon, pulling down this principality and power and that principality and power. It was often invigorating, but there was very little change. I also got beat up a few times. Over the years the Lord began to show me that there were spheres of authority and that the only way to displace principalities and powers was corporate repentance. It is repentance that prepares the way of the kingdom.

For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that He might destroy the works of the devil. 1John 3:8b

The Bible clearly states that the purpose of Jesus was to destroy the works of the devil. The word destroy in the Greek is the word "luo" which means to loose what is bound. Jesus came to release us from the bondage of sin, the bondage of sin in which the enemy had us bound. What was His message?
From that day Jesus began to preach and say, " Repent for the kingdom of heaven is at hand."
Matt. 4:17.  Jesus preached and demonstrated the kingdom of God (the rule, reign, and dominion of God).
As He demonstrated kingdom authority people were healed and delivered from the oppression of the devil.
Many expected Him to establish His earthly kingdom  and there would be peace and prosperity, but Jesus clearly stated that the kingdom didn't come with signs to be observed and that His kingdom was not of this world. The kingdom was in the Spirit and He (the Holy Spirit) could not come to be in them and upon them unless Jesus went away. They couldn't understand why He must go away. His talking about His dying fell on deaf ears or in the case of Peter was adversely reacted to. He had taught and modeled the way we were to live and now His time was at hand. There had to be a deathblow to sin and satan. The justice of God had to be satisfied. This could only be accomplished by the perfect Lamb of God.

For He made Him who knew no sin to be sin for us, that we might become the righteousness of God in Him. 2 Cor.5:21

Jesus became sin for us that the body of sin might be destroyed, that we should no longer be enslaved to sin. Luo (loosed) 

Satan the epitome of pride, selfishness, anger, and hatred had his works made a spectacle of in the ultimate act of selflessness, humility, compassion, and love.

But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Much more then having now been justified by His blood, we shall be saved from wrath through Him. For if when we were enemies we were reconciled to God through the death of His Son, much more, having been reconciled, we shall be saved by His life. Romans 5:8-10

It was love that put Jesus on the cross. For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten son that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life. John 3:16.
Agape,  The God kind of love, the selfless, humble, compassionate love overcomes the selfish hateful antithesis of love. Love is the greatest weapon of spiritual warfare.
    There was another great factor in this greatest act of spiritual warfare and that was obedience.  The father of rebellion and lies had his works made a public spectacle  by the ultimate act of obedience.

He (Jesus) humbled Himself and became obedient to the point of death, even the death of the cross. Phil. 2:9.

I was reading in Proverbs 28 one day and the Lord quickened some things in my spirit. In verse 2 it says Because of the transgression of a land, many are its princes. The thought hit me that in the spiritual the sins of the people gives principalities legal right to invade. It is the repentance of the people and the acknowledgement of what Jesus has done that displaces these powers. Then in verse 4 He showed me something else. Those who forsake the law praise the wicked. I know we are not under law, but look at the principle. Those who disobey the word of the Lord are bringing praise to satan's hordes. The second part of the verse says, But such as keep the law contend with them. Those who walk in obedience to the word of the Lord do battle with the enemy.

Obedience is spiritual warfare.

Are there times when we bind and loose or take authority over enemies? Yes. Within the sphere of authority we have been given we should be casting out demons and pulling down strongholds in obedience to Him. We never see in scripture Jesus or Paul rebuking principalities and powers, but we do see them declaring the kingdom (the rule, reign, and dominion of God), casting out demons, healing the sick, raising the dead and so must we. When a demon is cast out, a sick person healed, or a lost person saved  the kingdom has come in your midst.

Remember this: Hope will sustain you, faith will make you an overcomer, but love will make you more than a conqueror.

And now abide faith, hope, and love, these three; but the greatest of these is love. 1 Cor.13:13

Yet in all these things we are more than conquerors  through Him who loved us. Romans 8:37

Be blessed today my friends.
In His love,
Herb Dean
RborVitae5@aol.com

Edited by Moderator on 03/25/2008 at 9:32am
View Moderator's Profile Search for other posts by Moderator

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version