Billy Graham's
Message to
America - Video

How I Escaped
the
Mormon Temple

ARTICLES and Discussion
OpenHeaven.com Forum : ARTICLES and Discussion
Subject Topic: New Testament Works of the SPIRIT - Gary McGatlin Post Reply Post New Topic
Author
Ron McGatlin
Admin Group
Admin Group

Online Status: Offline
Posted: 05/08/2008 at 2:23pm | IP Logged Quote Ron McGatlin

New Testament Works of the SPIRIT

Compiled by Gary McGatlin

(Note by Ron) Wow, 151 different works of the Holy Spirit given in the New Testament. I was taught that we should not pay much attention to the Holy Spirit. The implication was that Holy Spirit was sort of a go-between lesser member of the God Head. Honestly, I had know idea of the magnitude of the work of the Holy Spirit until I read this work by Gary. I probably could have named 6 to 10 works of the Spirit. I have a new awesome respect for the work of the Holy Spirit after reading these Scriptures and I think you may also. Thanks Gary - Ron (Dad)

Conception of Christ
Matthew 1:18 Now the birth of Jesus Christ was as follows: when His mother Mary had been betrothed to Joseph, before they came together she was found to be with child by the Holy Spirit.
Matthew 1:20 But when he had considered this, behold, an angel of the Lord appeared to him in a dream, saying, "Joseph, son of David, do not be afraid to take Mary as your wife; for the Child who has been conceived in her is of the Holy Spirit.
Luke 1:35 The angel answered and said to her, "The Holy Spirit will come upon you, and the power of the Most High will overshadow you; and for that reason the holy Child shall be called the Son of God.

Jesus will Baptize us w/ Holy Spirit
Matthew 3:11 "As for me, I baptize you with water for repentance, but He who is coming after me is mightier than I, and I am not fit to remove His sandals; He will baptize you with the Holy Spirit and fire.
Mark 1:8 "I baptized you with water; but He will baptize you with the Holy Spirit."
Luke 3:16 John answered and said to them all, "As for me, I baptize you with water; but One is coming who is mightier than I, and I am not fit to untie the thong of His sandals; He will baptize you with the Holy Spirit and fire.

Jesus Baptized w/ Holy Spirit
Matthew 3:16 After being baptized, Jesus came up immediately from the water; and behold, the heavens were opened, and he saw the Spirit of God descending as a dove and lighting on Him,
Mark 1:10 Immediately coming up out of the water, He saw the heavens opening, and the Spirit like a dove descending upon Him;
Luke 3:22 and the Holy Spirit descended upon Him in bodily form like a dove, and a voice came out of heaven, "You are My beloved Son, in You I am well-pleased."
John 1:32 John testified saying, "I have seen the Spirit descending as a dove out of heaven, and He remained upon Him.
John 1:33 "I did not recognize Him, but He who sent me to baptize in water said to me, "He upon whom you see the Spirit descending and remaining upon Him, this is the One who baptizes in the Holy Spirit.'

Jesus led by Holy Spirit
Matthew 4:1 (The Temptation of Jesus) Then Jesus was led up by the Spirit into the wilderness to be tempted by the devil.
Mark 1:12 Immediately the Spirit impelled Him to go out into the wilderness.
Luke 4:1 (The Temptation of Jesus) Jesus, full of the Holy Spirit, returned from the Jordan and was led around by the Spirit in the wilderness

Spirit can speak through us
Matthew 10:20 "For it is not you who speak, but it is the Spirit of your Father who speaks in you.
Mark 13:11 "When they arrest you and hand you over, do not worry beforehand about what you are to say, but say whatever is given you in that hour; for it is not you who speak, but it is the Holy Spirit.  
Luke 12:12 for the Holy Spirit will teach you in that very hour what you ought to say."

Jesus cast out demons by the Spirit
Matthew 12:28 "But if I cast out demons by the Spirit of God, then the kingdom of God has come upon you.

Blasphemy against the Spirit
Matthew 12:31 "Therefore I say to you, any sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven people, but blasphemy against the Spirit shall not be forgiven.
Matthew 12:32 "Whoever speaks a word against the Son of Man, it shall be forgiven him; but whoever speaks against the Holy Spirit, it shall not be forgiven him, either in this age or in the age to come.
Mark 3:29 but whoever blasphemes against the Holy Spirit never has forgiveness, but is guilty of an eternal sin" --  
Luke 12:10 "And everyone who speaks a word against the Son of Man, it will be forgiven him; but he who blasphemes against the Holy Spirit, it will not be forgiven him.

David in the Spirit speaks
Matthew 22:43 He said to them, "Then how does David in the Spirit call Him "Lord,' saying,
Mark 12:36 "David himself said in the Holy Spirit,
'THE LORD SAID TO MY LORD,
"SIT AT MY RIGHT HAND,
UNTIL I PUT YOUR ENEMIES BENEATH YOUR FEET."'  

We baptize in the name of the Spirit
Matthew 28:19 "Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit,

John the Baptist Filled w/ Spirit
Luke 1:15 "For he will be great in the sight of the Lord; and he will drink no wine or liquor, and he will be filled with the Holy Spirit while yet in his mother's womb.

Elizabeth Filled w/ Spirit
Luke 1:41 When Elizabeth heard Mary's greeting, the baby leaped in her womb; and Elizabeth was filled with the Holy Spirit.

Zacharias Filled w/ Spirit
Luke 1:67 And his father Zacharias was filled with the Holy Spirit, and prophesied, saying:

Simeon under the influence of the Spirit
Luke 2:25 And there was a man in Jerusalem whose name was Simeon; and this man was righteous and devout, looking for the consolation of Israel; and the Holy Spirit was upon him.
Luke 2:26 And it had been revealed to him by the Holy Spirit that he would not see death before he had seen the Lord's Christ.
Luke 2:27 And he came in the Spirit into the temple; and when the parents brought in the child Jesus, to carry out for Him the custom of the Law,

Jesus’ Power from the Spirit
Luke 4:14 And Jesus returned to Galilee in the power of the Spirit, and news about Him spread through all the surrounding district.

Jesus Rejoiced in the Spirit
Luke 10:21 At that very time He rejoiced greatly in the Holy Spirit, and said, “I praise You, O Father, Lord of heaven and earth, that You have hidden these things from the wise and intelligent and have revealed them to infants. Yes, Father, for this way was well-pleasing in Your sight.

Father’s Gift
Luke 11:13 "If you then, being evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to those who ask Him?"

Born Again by the Spirit
John 3:5 Jesus answered, “Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born of water and the Spirit he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.
John 3:6 “That which is born of the flesh is flesh, and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.
John 3:8 “The wind blows where it wishes and you hear the sound of it, but do not know where it comes from and where it is going; so is everyone who is born of the Spirit.” 

God gives Jesus the Spirit
John 3:34 "For He whom God has sent speaks the words of God; for He gives the Spirit without measure.

Spirit gives life / Flesh profits nothing
John 6:63 "It is the Spirit who gives life; the flesh profits nothing; the words that I have spoken to you are spirit and are life.

Spirit given when Jesus Glorified (Rivers of Living Water)
John 7:37 Now on the last day, the great day of the feast, Jesus stood and cried out, saying, "If anyone is thirsty, let him come to Me and drink.
38 "He who believes in Me, as the Scripture said, "From his innermost being will flow rivers of living water.'" 
39 But this He spoke of the Spirit, whom those who believed in Him were to receive; for the Spirit was not yet given, because Jesus was not yet glorified.

Spirit of Truth, In Us, Not in World
John 14:17 that is the Spirit of truth, whom the world cannot receive, because it does not see Him or know Him, but you know Him because He abides with you and will be in you.
Worship in Spirit & Truth
John 4:23 "But an hour is coming, and now is, when the true worshipers will worship the Father in Spirit and truth; for such people the Father seeks to be His worshipers.
24 "God is Spirit, and those who worship Him must worship in Spirit and truth." 

Helper / Teaches us all things
John 14:26 “But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, He will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all that I said to you.
Testifies of Jesus
John 15:26 “When the Helper comes, whom I will send to you from the Father, that is the Spirit of truth who proceeds from the Father, He will testify about Me,

Teaches us all things
John 16:4 "But these things I have spoken to you, so that when their hour comes, you may remember that I told you of them. These things I did not say to you at the beginning, because I was with you.
(The Holy Spirit Promised) John 16:13 “But when He, the Spirit of truth, comes, He will guide you into all the truth; for He will not speak on His own initiative, but whatever He hears, He will speak; and He will disclose to you what is to come.
Temporary Gift by Jesus
John 20:22 And when He had said this, He breathed on them and said to them, "Receive the Holy Spirit.

Wait for the Filling
Acts 1:2 until the day when He was taken up to heaven, after He had by the Holy Spirit given orders to the apostles whom He had chosen.
3 To these He also presented Himself alive after His suffering, by many convincing proofs, appearing to them over a period of forty days and speaking of the things concerning the kingdom of God.
4 Gathering them together, He commanded them not to leave Jerusalem, but to wait for what the Father had promised, "Which," He said, "you heard of from Me;
5 for John baptized with water, but you will be baptized with the Holy Spirit not many days from now." 
Acts 1:8 but you will receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you; and you shall be My witnesses both in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and even to the remotest part of the earth."

Spirit spoke through David
Acts 1:16 “Brethren, the Scripture had to be fulfilled, which the Holy Spirit foretold by the mouth of David concerning Judas, who became a guide to those who arrested Jesus.

Promise Fulfilled!
Acts 2:4 And they were all filled with the Holy Spirit and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit was giving them utterance.
Acts 2:33 "Therefore having been exalted to the right hand of God, and having received from the Father the promise of the Holy Spirit, He has poured forth this which you both see and hear.

For all who Repent and Receive Jesus
Acts 2:38 Peter said to them, “Repent, and each of you be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins; and you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.

Peter spoke by the Filling of the Spirit
Acts 4:8 Then Peter, filled with the Holy Spirit, said to them, "Rulers and elders of the people,
David spoke by the Spirit
Acts 4:25 who by the Holy Spirit, through the mouth of our father David Your servant, said,
‘WHY DID THE GENTILES RAGE,
AND THE PEOPLES DEVISE FUTILE THINGS?

All Filled / Building Shook
Acts 4:31 And when they had prayed, the place where they had gathered together was shaken, and they were all filled with the Holy Spirit and began to speak the word of God with boldness.

Consequence of Lying to the Spirit
Acts 5:3 But Peter said, "Ananias, why has Satan filled your heart to lie to the Holy Spirit and to keep back some of the price of the land?
Acts 5:9 Then Peter said to her, "Why is it that you have agreed together to put the Spirit of the Lord to the test? Behold, the feet of those who have buried your husband are at the door, and they will carry you out as well."

Spirit given to those who obey Him
Acts 5:32 “And we are witnesses of these things; and so is the Holy Spirit, whom God has given to those who obey Him.”
Stephen a man Filled w/ Spirit
Acts 6:3 "Therefore, brethren, select from among you seven men of good reputation, full of the Spirit and of wisdom, whom we may put in charge of this task.
Acts 6:5 The statement found approval with the whole congregation; and they chose Stephen, a man full of faith and of the Holy Spirit, and Philip, Prochorus, Nicanor, Timon, Parmenas and Nicolas, a proselyte from Antioch.

Stephen speaking with the power of the Spirit
Acts 6:10 But they were unable to cope with the wisdom and the Spirit with which he was speaking.  

Stephen speaks of Resisting the Spirit
Acts 7:51 “You men who are stiff-necked and uncircumcised in heart and ears are always resisting the Holy Spirit; you are doing just as your fathers did.

Stephen sees Jesus by the power of the Spirit
Acts 7:55 But being full of the Holy Spirit, he gazed intently into heaven and saw the glory of God, and Jesus standing at the right hand of God;

Holy Spirit Received (after water baptism) by the laying on of Hands
Acts 8:12 But when they believed Philip preaching the good news about the kingdom of God and the name of Jesus Christ, they were being baptized, men and women alike. …
14 Now when the apostles in Jerusalem heard that Samaria had received the word of God, they sent them Peter and John,
15 who came down and prayed for them that they might receive the Holy Spirit. …
17 Then they began laying their hands on them, and they were receiving the Holy Spirit.

Fleshly Motive for the Spirit Condemned
Acts 8:18 Now when Simon saw that the Spirit was bestowed through the laying on of the apostles’ hands, he offered them money,
Acts 8:19 saying, “Give this authority to me as well, so that everyone on whom I lay my hands may receive the Holy Spirit.”

Spirit speaks to Philip
Acts 8:29 Then the Spirit said to Philip, “Go up and join this chariot.”

Spirit transports Philip
Acts 8:39 When they came up out of the water, the Spirit of the Lord snatched Philip away; and the eunuch no longer saw him, but went on his way rejoicing.

Paul receives Spirit by laying on of Hands
Acts 9:17 So Ananias departed and entered the house, and after laying his hands on him said, “Brother Saul, the Lord Jesus, who appeared to you on the road by which you were coming, has sent me so that you may regain your sight and be filled with the Holy Spirit.”

Comfort from the Spirit
Acts 9:31 So the church throughout all Judea and Galilee and Samaria enjoyed peace, being built up; and going on in the fear of the Lord and in the comfort of the Holy Spirit, it continued to increase.

Spirit spoke to Peter
Acts 10:19 While Peter was reflecting on the vision, the Spirit said to him, "Behold, three men are looking for you.

Jesus anointed with the Spirit
Acts 10:38 "You know of Jesus of Nazareth, how God anointed Him with the Holy Spirit and with power, and how He went about doing good and healing all who were oppressed by the devil, for God was with Him.

Gentiles receive the Spirit (before water)
Acts 10:44 While Peter was still speaking these words, the Holy Spirit fell upon all those who were listening to the message.
45 All the circumcised believers who came with Peter were amazed, because the gift of the Holy Spirit had been poured out on the Gentiles also. …
47 "Surely no one can refuse the water for these to be baptized who have received the Holy Spirit just as we did, can he?"

Spirit spoke to Peter
Acts 11:12 "The Spirit told me to go with them without misgivings. These six brethren also went with me and we entered the man's house.

Spirit Poured out on the Gentiles
Acts 11:15 "And as I began to speak, the Holy Spirit fell upon them just as He did upon us at the beginning.
16 "And I remembered the word of the Lord, how He used to say, "John baptized with water, but you will be baptized with the Holy Spirit.'

Barnabas a Spirit Filled man
Acts 11:24 for he was a good man, and full of the Holy Spirit and of faith. And considerable numbers were brought to the Lord.

Agabus prophesied by the Spirit
Acts 11:28 One of them named Agabus stood up and began to indicate by the Spirit that there would certainly be a great famine all over the world. And this took place in the reign of Claudius.

Spirit Spoke Corporately / Sets Apart
Acts 13:2 While they were ministering to the Lord and fasting, the Holy Spirit said, “Set apart for Me Barnabas and Saul for the work to which I have called them.”
Acts 13:4 So, being sent out by the Holy Spirit, they went down to Seleucia and from there they sailed to Cyprus.

Paul speaks by Filling of the Spirit
Acts 13:9 But Saul, who was also known as Paul, filled with the Holy Spirit, fixed his gaze on him,

Disciples Filled w/ Spirit
Acts 13:52 And the disciples were continually filled with joy and with the Holy Spirit.

Spirit sign of God’s acceptance
Acts 15:8 “And God, who knows the heart, testified to them giving them the Holy Spirit, just as He also did to us;

Spirit gives Instructions
Acts 15:28 "For it seemed good to the Holy Spirit and to us to lay upon you no greater burden than these essentials:

Spirit Directs Ministry
Acts 16:6 They passed through the Phrygian and Galatian region, having been forbidden by the Holy Spirit to speak the word in Asia;
7 and after they came to Mysia, they were trying to go into Bithynia, and the Spirit of Jesus did not permit them;

Spirit Given after Salvation
Acts 19:2 He said to them, “Did you receive the Holy Spirit when you believed?” And they said to him, “No, we have not even heard whether there is a Holy Spirit.”

Spirit given by laying on of Hands
Acts 19:6 And when Paul had laid his hands upon them, the Holy Spirit came on them, and they began speaking with tongues and prophesying.

Spirit Reveals Personal Future Events
Acts 20:23 except that the Holy Spirit solemnly testifies to me in every city, saying that bonds and afflictions await me.

Spirit Appoints Overseers
Acts 20:28 "Be on guard for yourselves and for all the flock, among which the Holy Spirit has made you overseers, to shepherd the church of God which He purchased with His own blood.

Spirit gives personal Directives
Acts 21:4 After looking up the disciples, we stayed there seven days; and they kept telling Paul through the Spirit not to set foot in Jerusalem.
Acts 21:11 And coming to us, he took Paul's belt and bound his own feet and hands, and said, "This is what the Holy Spirit says: "In this way the Jews at Jerusalem will bind the man who owns this belt and deliver him into the hands of the Gentiles.'"

Spirit Spoke by OT Prophets
Acts 28:25 And when they did not agree with one another, they began leaving after Paul had spoken one parting word, “The Holy Spirit rightly spoke through Isaiah the prophet to your fathers,

Spirit, the Power of the Resurrection
Romans 1:4 who was declared the Son of God with power by the resurrection from the dead, according to the Spirit of holiness, Jesus Christ our Lord,

Spirit removes the Fleshly Desires of the Heart
Romans 2:29 But he is a Jew who is one inwardly; and circumcision is that which is of the heart, by the Spirit, not by the letter; and his praise is not from men, but from God.

Spirit puts God’s love in our Hearts
Romans 5:5 and hope does not disappoint, because the love of God has been poured out within our hearts through the Holy Spirit who was given to us.

Serve in the Spirit / Not letter of the Law
Romans 7:6 But now we have been released from the Law, having died to that by which we were bound, so that we serve in newness of the Spirit and not in oldness of the letter.
Romans 8:2 For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus has set you free from the law of sin and of death.

Walking in the Spirit = Fulfillment of the Law
Romans 8:4 so that the requirement of the Law might be fulfilled in us, who do not walk according to the flesh but according to the Spirit.

Mind set on Spirit
Romans 8:5 For those who are according to the flesh set their minds on the things of the flesh, but those who are according to the Spirit, the things of the Spirit.
Romans 8:6 For the mind set on the flesh is death, but the mind set on the Spirit is life and peace,
Romans 8:9 However, you are not in the flesh but in the Spirit, if indeed the Spirit of God dwells in you. But if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, he does not belong to Him.

Spirit Gives Life
Romans 8:11 But if the Spirit of Him who raised Jesus from the dead dwells in you, He who raised Christ Jesus from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies through His Spirit who dwells in you.
Romans 8:13 for if you are living according to the flesh, you must die; but if by the Spirit you are putting to death the deeds of the body, you will live.

Led by Spirit
Romans 8:14 For all who are being led by the Spirit of God, these are sons of God.

Spirit Assures our Spirit
Romans 8:16 The Spirit Himself testifies with our spirit that we are children of God,

Fruit of Spirit Gives us Hope of Redemption
Romans 8:23 And not only this, but also we ourselves, having the first fruits of the Spirit, even we ourselves groan within ourselves, waiting eagerly for our adoption as sons, the redemption of our body.

Spirit Intercedes
Romans 8:26 In the same way the Spirit also helps our weakness; for we do not know how to pray as we should, but the Spirit Himself intercedes for us with groanings too deep for words;
27 and He who searches the hearts knows what the mind of the Spirit is, because He intercedes for the saints according to the will of God.

Witness of the Spirit
Romans 9:1 I am telling the truth in Christ, I am not lying, my conscience testifies with me in the Holy Spirit,

Kingdom is in the Spirit / Not Earthly
Romans 14:17 for the kingdom of God is not eating and drinking, but righteousness and peace and joy in the Holy Spirit.

Spirit gives Power to Hope
Romans 15:13 Now may the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, so that you will abound in hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.

Spirit Sanctifies Ministry
Romans 15:16 to be a minister of Christ Jesus to the Gentiles, ministering as a priest the gospel of God, so that my offering of the Gentiles may become acceptable, sanctified by the Holy Spirit.

Preach in the power of the Spirit
Romans 15:19 in the power of signs and wonders, in the power of the Spirit; so that from Jerusalem and round about as far as Illyricum I have fully preached the gospel of Christ.
Spirit gives us power to Love One Another
Romans 15:30 Now I urge you, brethren, by our Lord Jesus Christ and by the love of the Spirit, to strive together with me in your prayers to God for me,

Preach by the power of the Spirit
1 Corinthians 2:1 (Paul’s Reliance upon the Spirit) And when I came to you, brethren, I did not come with superiority of speech or of wisdom, proclaiming to you the testimony of God.
1 Corinthians 2:4 and my message and my preaching were not in persuasive words of wisdom, but in demonstration of the Spirit and of power,

Spirit gives the understanding of the Gospel
1 Corinthians 2:10 For to us God revealed them through the Spirit; for the Spirit searches all things, even the depths of God.
11 For who among men knows the thoughts of a man except the spirit of the man which is in him? Even so the thoughts of God no one knows except the Spirit of God.
12 Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the Spirit who is from God, so that we may know the things freely given to us by God,
13 which things we also speak, not in words taught by human wisdom, but in those taught by the Spirit, combining spiritual thoughts with spiritual words. 
14 But a natural man does not accept the things of the Spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him; and he cannot understand them, because they are spiritually appraised.

Temple of God / Spirit Dwells in Us
1 Corinthians 3:16 Do you not know that you are a temple of God and that the Spirit of God dwells in you?

Spirit Sanctifies
1 Corinthians 6:11 Such were some of you; but you were washed, but you were sanctified, but you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and in the Spirit of our God.

Bodies the Temple of the Spirit
1 Corinthians 6:19 Or do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit who is in you, whom you have from God, and that you are not your own?

Spirit encourages singleness to devotion to Christ
1 Corinthians 7:40 But in my opinion she is happier if she remains as she is; and I think that I also have the Spirit of God.

Speaking by the Spirit makes Jesus Lord
1 Corinthians 12:3 Therefore I make known to you that no one speaking by the Spirit of God says, "Jesus is accursed"; and no one can say, "Jesus is Lord," except by the Holy Spirit.

Spirit gives Gifts
1 Corinthians 12:4 Now there are varieties of gifts, but the same Spirit. …
7 But to each one is given the manifestation of the Spirit for the common good.
8 For to one is given the word of wisdom through the Spirit, and to another the word of knowledge according to the same Spirit;
9 to another faith by the same Spirit, and to another gifts of healing by the one Spirit,
11 But one and the same Spirit works all these things, distributing to each one individually just as He wills.

Spirit baptism makes us One
1 Corinthians 12:13 For by one Spirit we were all baptized into one body, whether Jews or Greeks, whether slaves or free, and we were all made to drink of one Spirit.

Spirit is God’s Pledge to eternal life
2 Corinthians 1:22 who also sealed us and gave us the Spirit in our hearts as a pledge.

Spirit Changes our Hearts
2 Corinthians 3:3 being manifested that you are a letter of Christ, cared for by us, written not with ink but with the Spirit of the living God, not on tablets of stone but on tablets of human hearts.

Spirit gives Life / Letter Kills
2 Corinthians 3:6 who also made us adequate as servants of a new covenant, not of the letter but of the Spirit; for the letter kills, but the Spirit gives life.

Spirit’s ministry brings Glory
2 Corinthians 3:8 how will the ministry of the Spirit fail to be even more with glory?

Lord is Spirit / Spirit gives Liberty
2 Corinthians 3:17 Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.

Spirit transforms and brings Glory
2 Corinthians 3:18 But we all, with unveiled face, beholding as in a mirror the glory of the Lord, are being transformed into the same image from glory to glory, just as from the Lord, the Spirit.

Spirit is God’s pledge to Us
2 Corinthians 5:5 Now He who prepared us for this very purpose is God, who gave to us the Spirit as a pledge.

Servants, In the Spirit
2 Corinthians 6:6 in purity, in knowledge, in patience, in kindness, in the Holy Spirit, in genuine love,

Fellowship in the Spirit
2 Corinthians 13:14 The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the fellowship of the Holy Spirit, be with you all.

Spirit by Faith / Not Law
Galatians 3:2 This is the only thing I want to find out from you: did you receive the Spirit by the works of the Law, or by hearing with faith?

Perfection by the Spirit / Not Law
Galatians 3:3 Are you so foolish? Having begun by the Spirit, are you now being perfected by the flesh?

Miracles by the Spirit / Not Law
Galatians 3:5 So then, does He who provides you with the Spirit and works miracles among you, do it by the works of the Law, or by hearing with faith?

Spirit by Faith / Law brings Curse
Galatians 3:14 in order that in Christ Jesus the blessing of Abraham might come to the Gentiles, so that we would receive the promise of the Spirit through faith.

Spirit makes God our Father
Galatians 4:6 Because you are sons, God has sent forth the Spirit of His Son into our hearts, crying, “Abba! Father!”

Fleshly person persecutes the Spirit person
Galatians 4:29 But as at that time he who was born according to the flesh persecuted him who was born according to the Spirit, so it is now also.

Walk by the Spirit / Freedom by Spirit / Law is Slavery
Galatians 5:1 (Walk by the Spirit) It was for freedom that Christ set us free; therefore keep standing firm and do not be subject again to a yoke of slavery.

Spirit = Justification / Law = fallen from grace
Galatians 5:5
5 For we through the Spirit, by faith, are waiting for the hope of righteousness.

Spirit living overcomes Fleshly Desires
Galatians 5:16 But I say, walk by the Spirit, and you will not carry out the desire of the flesh.
17 For the flesh sets its desire against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh; for these are in opposition to one another, so that you may not do the things that you please.
18 But if you are led by the Spirit, you are not under the Law.

Spirit Fruit
Galatians 5:22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness,

Live by – Walk in: the Spirit
Galatians 5:25 If we live by the Spirit, let us also walk by the Spirit.

Living by the Spirit gives Life / Flesh = Death
Galatians 6:8 For the one who sows to his own flesh will from the flesh reap corruption, but the one who sows to the Spirit will from the Spirit reap eternal life.

Sealed by the Spirit after Salvation
Ephesians 1:13 In Him, you also, after listening to the message of truth, the gospel of your salvation – having also believed, you were sealed in Him with the Holy Spirit of promise,

Spirit makes all One
Ephesians 2:18 for through Him we both have our access in one Spirit to the Father.
22 in whom you also are being built together into a dwelling of God in the Spirit.

Revelation comes by the Spirit
Ephesians 3:5 which in other generations was not made known to the sons of men, as it has now been revealed to His holy apostles and prophets in the Spirit;

Spirit gives Power
Ephesians 3:16 that He would grant you, according to the riches of His glory, to be strengthened with power through His Spirit in the inner man,

Unity by the Spirit
Ephesians 4:1 (Unity of the Spirit) Therefore I, the prisoner of the Lord, implore you to walk in a manner worthy of the calling with which you have been called,
Ephesians 4:3 being diligent to preserve the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace.
4 There is one body and one Spirit, just as also you were called in one hope of your calling;

Sin & Division Grieve the Spirit
Ephesians 4:30 Do not grieve the Holy Spirit of God, by whom you were sealed for the day of redemption.

Command: Be filled with the Spirit
Ephesians 5:18 And do not get drunk with wine, for that is dissipation, but be filled with the Spirit,

Word of God is the SWORD of the Spirit
Ephesians 6:17 And take THE HELMET OF SALVATION, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God.

Pray in the Spirit
Ephesians 6:18 With all prayer and petition pray at all times in the Spirit, and with this in view, be on the alert with all perseverance and petition for all the saints,

Spirit is our Provision
Philippians 1:19 for I know that this will turn out for my deliverance through your prayers and the provision of the Spirit of Jesus Christ,

Spirit gives fellowship
Philippians 2:1 (Be Like Christ) Therefore if there is any encouragement in Christ, if there is any consolation of love, if there is any fellowship of the Spirit, if any affection and compassion,

True Worshipers worship in the Spirit
Philippians 3:3 for we are the true circumcision, who worship in the Spirit of God and glory in Christ Jesus and put no confidence in the flesh,

Love is in the Spirit
Colossians 1:8 and he also informed us of your love in the Spirit.

Preach by power of the Spirit
1 Thessalonians 1:5 for our gospel did not come to you in word only, but also in power and in the Holy Spirit and with full conviction; just as you know what kind of men we proved to be among you for your sake.

Spirit brings Joy
1 Thessalonians 1:6 You also became imitators of us and of the Lord, having received the word in much tribulation with the joy of the Holy Spirit,

Spirit is from God
1 Thessalonians 4:8 So, he who rejects this is not rejecting man but the God who gives His Holy Spirit to you.

To Despise prophetic utterances is to Quench the Spirit
1 Thessalonians 5:19 Do not quench the Spirit; do not despise prophetic utterances.

Sanctification by the Spirit brings Salvation
2 Thessalonians 2:13 But we should always give thanks to God for you, brethren beloved by the Lord, because God has chosen you from the beginning for salvation through sanctification by the Spirit and faith in the truth.

Jesus vindicated in the Spirit
1 Timothy 3:16 By common confession, great is the mystery of godliness:
He who was revealed in the flesh,
Was vindicated in the Spirit,
Seen by angels,
Proclaimed among the nations,
Believed on in the world,
Taken up in glory.

Spirit Speaks Prophecy to Us
1 Timothy 4:1 But the Spirit explicitly says that in later times some will fall away from the faith, paying attention to deceitful spirits and doctrines of demons,

Spirit Reliance Guards our Knowledge of the Gospel
2 Timothy 1:14 Guard, through the Holy Spirit who dwells in us, the treasure which has been entrusted to you.

Regeneration and Renewing a work of the Spirit
Titus 3:5 He saved us, not on the basis of deeds which we have done in righteousness, but according to His mercy, by the washing of regeneration and renewing by the Holy Spirit,

Gifts of the Spirit, Miracles, is God’s Testifying
Hebrews 2:4 God also testifying with them, both by signs and wonders and by various miracles and by gifts of the Holy Spirit according to His own will.

Spirit Speaks to Us
Hebrews 3:7 Therefore, just as the Holy Spirit says,
"TODAY IF YOU HEAR HIS VOICE,

Spirit partakers can fall Away
Hebrews 6:4 For in the case of those who have once been enlightened and have tasted of the heavenly gift and have been made partakers of the Holy Spirit,

Spirit speaks & gives Revelation of the Word
Hebrews 9:8 The Holy Spirit is signifying this, that the way into the holy place has not yet been disclosed while the outer tabernacle is still standing,

Jesus’, by the Spirit, accomplished the Work of the Cross
Hebrews 9:14 how much more will the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered Himself without blemish to God, cleanse your conscience from dead works to serve the living God?

Spirit speaks through the word, writing the word on our Hearts
Hebrews 10:15 And the Holy Spirit also testifies to us; for after saying,
16 "THIS IS THE COVENANT THAT I WILL MAKE WITH THEM
AFTER THOSE DAYS, SAYS THE LORD:
I WILL PUT MY LAWS UPON THEIR HEART,
AND ON THEIR MIND I WILL WRITE THEM,"
17 "AND THEIR SINS AND THEIR LAWLESS DEEDS
I WILL REMEMBER NO MORE."

Continuing in Sin, Insults the Holy Spirit
Hebrews 10:29 How much severer punishment do you think he will deserve who has trampled under foot the Son of God, and has regarded as unclean the blood of the covenant by which he was sanctified, and has insulted the Spirit of grace?

Friends w/ the World is to anger God because His Spirit is in Us
James 4:5 Or do you think that the Scripture speaks to no purpose: "He jealously desires the Spirit which He has made to dwell in us"?

Spirit Sanctifies
1 Peter 1:2 according to the foreknowledge of God the Father, by the sanctifying work of the Spirit, to obey Jesus Christ and be sprinkled with His blood: May grace and peace be yours in the fullest measure.

OT Prophesies are from the Spirit of Christ
1 Peter 1:11 seeking to know what person or time the Spirit of Christ within them was indicating as He predicted the sufferings of Christ and the glories to follow.

Gospel preached by the Spirit to Us
1 Peter 1:12 It was revealed to them that they were not serving themselves, but you, in these things which now have been announced to you through those who preached the gospel to you by the Holy Spirit sent from heaven – things into which angels long to look.

Persecution for Christ demonstrates the Spirit is in Us
1 Peter 4:14 If you are reviled for the name of Christ, you are blessed, because the Spirit of glory and of God rests on you.

The Word is from the Spirit / Not Humans
2 Peter 1:21 for no prophecy was ever made by an act of human will, but men moved by the Holy Spirit spoke from God.

Evidence of the Spirit in us, is Evidence that we are abiding in Jesus
1 John 3:24 The one who keeps His commandments abides in Him, and He in him. We know by this that He abides in us, by the Spirit whom He has given us.

Evidence the Spirit is God’s: Jesus is their Lord
1 John 4:2 By this you know the Spirit of God: every spirit that confesses that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is from God;

Evidence of the Spirit in us, is Evidence that we are abiding in Jesus
1 John 4:13 By this we know that we abide in Him and He in us, because He has given us of His Spirit.

Spirit Testifies of Jesus
1 John 5:6 This is the One who came by water and blood, Jesus Christ; not with the water only, but with the water and with the blood. It is the Spirit who testifies, because the Spirit is the truth.
1 John 5:8 the Spirit and the water and the blood; and the three are in agreement.
Evidence of not having the Spirit
Jude 19 These are the ones who cause divisions, worldly-minded, devoid of the Spirit.

Pray in the Spirit
Jude 20 But you, beloved, building yourselves up on your most holy faith, praying in the Holy Spirit,

John: In The Spirit (Experiencing the spiritual so literally so as to be unaware of the physical)
Revelation 1:10 I was in the Spirit on the Lord’s day, and I heard behind me a loud voice like the sound of a trumpet,

Spirit speaks to Us
Revelation 2:7 "He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches. To him who overcomes, I will grant to eat of the tree of life which is in the Paradise of God.'

Revelation 2:11 "He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches. He who overcomes will not be hurt by the second death.'

Revelation 2:17 "He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches. To him who overcomes, to him I will give some of the hidden manna, and I will give him a white stone, and a new name written on the stone which no one knows but he who receives it.'
Revelation 2:29 "He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches.'

Revelation 3:6 "He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches.'

Revelation 3:13 "He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches.'

Revelation 3:22 "He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches.'"

John: In The Spirit (Experiencing the spiritual so literally so as to be unaware of the physical)
Revelation 4:2 Immediately I was in the Spirit; and behold, a throne was standing in heaven, and One sitting on the throne.
Spirit Speaks
Revelation 14:13 And I heard a voice from heaven, saying, "Write, "Blessed are the dead who die in the Lord from now on!'" "Yes," says the Spirit, "so that they may rest from their labors, for their deeds follow with them."

Revelation 17:3 And he carried me away in the Spirit into a wilderness; and I saw a woman sitting on a scarlet beast, full of blasphemous names, having seven heads and ten horns.
Revelation 21:10 And he carried me away in the Spirit to a great and high mountain, and showed me the holy city, Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God,

Spirit Speaks with Us
Revelation 22:17 The Spirit and the bride say, "Come." And let the one who hears say, "Come." And let the one who is thirsty come; let the one who wishes take the water of life without cost.

Edited by Ron McGatlin on 05/08/2008 at 2:57pm
View Ron McGatlin's Profile Search for other posts by Ron McGatlin Visit Ron McGatlin's Homepage
Gayle Getz

Posted: 05/08/2008 at 8:34pm | IP Logged Quote Gayle Getz

I agree Brother Ron, WOW!!! Need to stop looking out there and take a look in here where HE resides and soooo wants to lead...COME!    Love you ALL-prayin' & rejoicin'

mariateresatee

Posted: 05/08/2008 at 11:53pm | IP Logged Quote mariateresatee

Thank you, Spirit of wisdom and revelation. Make us more aware of You and Your leading us in the things and works of Jesus. Praise Father, Son, and Holy Spirit!

View mariateresatee's Profile Search for other posts by mariateresatee Visit mariateresatee's Homepage

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version