Author
Ron McGatlin
Admin Group
Admin Group

Online Status: Offline
Posted: 07/10/2008 at 7:30am | IP Logged Quote Ron McGatlin

New Venue for Kingdom Expansion

By Ron McGatlin

Love is the greatest mystery in the world. There is no other force or power in the world as great as love. Love will cause us to give up our very lives. Only after love motivates us to die to our self-focused life, can we know resurrection life. Just as Jesus gave up His life for others and was resurrected to a far greater life, we will experience a far greater life now on earth as love motivates us to selflessly serve. The Babylonian-style world cannot comprehend the value of the love of God. It is a mystery to the people of Babylon.

The love of God will cause us to lay down our lives for our brothers. We will seek to provide for our brothers' needs. Jesus' love coming forth in us will cause us to serve one another. We become humble servants and not proud rulers. We keep His commandments to love God and love one another.

The desire to serve stemming from love is the foundation of kingdom enterprise. We serve Jesus as we serve mankind by providing for peoples' needs. We are able to do a good job of providing because love has ordered our lives. Love brings unity and cooperation that enables greater production.
We are to do good to all people but especially to the people of God.

Gal 6:10: Therefore, as we have opportunity, let us do good to all, especially to those who are of the household of faith.

The Expanding Kingdom of Love and Power

The future of the expanding kingdom of God will look very different from the beginning planting and sprouting of the kingdom that came through Christian churches, ministries, and schools. The practical gospel of the kingdom will not fully grow into the world through the venue of religious church and ministry type structures. Kingdom expansion and discipleship is of such a practical, real-life nature that it must flow through practical real-life venues apart from the religion focused structures. God is Spirit and His kingdom originates from the spiritual realm and flows into the natural realm. His spiritual kingdom is manifest in practical reality on the earth. It is a “down to earth” kingdom from heaven that operates by love.

In the western world our way of thinking about the kingdom of God needs to be renewed. Our compartmentalized view of life is not the way of God. The separation between secular and sacred is not God’s idea and does not exist in the reality of kingdom understanding and practice. Separating God from education, government, business, and other aspects of life is an evil plot of the enemy to prevent the kingdom of God from flowing into our nations.

There will never be a lasting prosperous nation, tribe, or people who exclude God, their creator, from their society and culture. Only that which is of the kingdom of God shall last; all other governments and nations shall eventually fail and will not be found on the face of the earth.
The fatal flaw of western secular nations is separating and locking up the kingdom of God into only the religious segment of the society and culture.

Psa 33:12: Blessed is the nation whose God is the LORD, The people He has chosen as His own inheritance.

Isa 9:6-7: For unto us a Child is born, unto us a Son is given; and the government will be upon His shoulder. And His name will be called Wonderful, Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace. Of the increase of His government and peace there will be no end, Upon the throne of David and over His kingdom, To order it and establish it with judgment and justice from that time forward, even forever. The zeal of the LORD of hosts will perform this.

Psa 145:13: Your kingdom is an everlasting kingdom, And Your dominion endures throughout all generations.

Dan 7:27:
Then the kingdom and dominion, and the greatness of the kingdoms under the whole heaven, shall be given to the people, the saints of the Most High. His kingdom is an everlasting kingdom, And all dominions shall serve and obey Him.

Where or what is the new venue or vehicle for expanding the maturing kingdom of God on earth?

The new venue in a broad sense is all of natural life
. The invasion of the supernatural spiritual kingdom into the headship of the natural world and all life is the venue of kingdom expansion and maturity.

The primary facility or facilitator of the kingdom transition is business. All of the other major venues are linked to and dependent upon the production and activity of men and women facilitating the means of sustained life on the planet. All aspects of kingdom expansion are dependent on the production of human enterprise or activity under heavenly headship and empowerment. Think about this for a moment. All of the other major factors of life are fed by and dependent upon the production of business. The family is core but cannot function without provision. Government is highly important but cannot function without the provision of business. Education is fundamental but is non-functional without funds derived from business activity. Ministry will not function without the provision or activity of business.

Kingdom expansion cannot come until the division between secular and spiritual is repaired and flow as one to transform all life on earth. The kingdom of God is invading all aspects of our life and world. Human beings filled with the reality of Christ by the Holy Spirit will continue to flow the love and mindset of Christ into the world, changing the way people think and impregnating business and all life with the ways of God.

Business must be radically transformed from the core foundation to the ultimate purpose and production.

Business as we are speaking of it here is every enterprise, work, or production of mankind. All production of goods and services whether financial, educational, medical, entertainment, food production and distribution, manufacturing, transportation, communication, scientific research, energy, construction, all buying and selling, and any other form of industry or commerce or any form of productive enterprise or occupation. Business is what we do.

Transformation has begun among a small portion of business people. A few visionary Christian business people have begun to realize that God has a higher purpose for business than satisfying the lust and greed of self-seeking business owners, operators and shareholders. We will investigate the transformation further in a moment.

The Need of Transformation in Current Business

Western business in general became a Babylonian-style phenomenon based on the need and greed of people. It is in opposition to the New Jerusalem values and style of living. The hearts of men have been trained by ungodly people in ungodly, self-oriented, competitive business principles and practices based upon self-fulfillment, self-glory, lust, greed, and strife. For the most part, business worldwide has become a stronghold of the enemy. It is filled with every foul spirit and has made caged animals of mankind living in bondage, entrapped by their own lustful desires.

In my opinion, this is perhaps one of the greatest robberies of all time. It is as if the world had been raped by a vicious evil conspiracy to create generations of greatly damaged people who are unable to see the reality of love and power of the kingdom of God. Their own strong needs which stem from the abuses of the enemy have blinded their spiritual eyes to the reality of God and His kingdom of love, power, and service.

Without intimate relationship with God by the Holy Spirit, there is a driving continuous inner perception of lack and need that drives people to strive to gain more. Fear of not having enough becomes pride in people who are successful in their quest to gain wealth and power to build their personal kingdom bigger and better than others. However, when other competitors threaten to take some of their kingdom their pride turns back into fear. Thus Babylonian-style businesses and markets are driven by fear and pride stemming from need and greed.

Transition from Babylonian-Style Business to Kingdom Business

Remember there is no compartmentalized view of life in the kingdom of God. God’s ultimate purpose for one area of our lives is exactly the same as all others. The many facets of life differ greatly in the specific parts they supply. But all parts fit together to accomplish the same ultimate purpose of establishing the glorious kingdom of God. Man has no ultimate purpose on earth beyond the glory and kingdom of God.

In the religious church-emphasis age a big distinction was made between business and ministry. The purpose and the rules for doing each were very different. In the kingdom emphasis age we are seeing that there is no difference in God’s ultimate purpose for either business or ministry. Business was seen as a means of getting and ministry as a means of serving God by meeting needs of people.
In the kingdom of God, both ministry and business have exactly the same basic foundational purpose.

In the kingdom, the primary purpose of business or ministry is to serve God by providing for the needs of mankind and the world around us.

Kingdom business or ministry is caring for God's people and managing the resources of His earth.

God's love is the primary motivational force of all kingdom business and ministry. Through love, people serve one another.

In the kingdom both ministry and business exist for the primary purpose of meeting needs. The distinction between ministry and business has been the type of needs met. Business people are ministers of God in the kingdom, and we all do business.

In the kingdom business is done by the wisdom, guidance, and empowerment of the Lord and King of the entire kingdom through the Holy Spirit. Yes, all the spiritual gifts can flow through the leadership of elders to proclaim and demonstrate the gospel of the kingdom. Funding for all the needs of the kingdom are funneled through the ekklesia business people. The gatherings of worship are held in the structures of homes, businesses facilities, meeting houses, auditoriums, stadiums, and all areas of life. The purpose and plans of God are paramount everywhere, and the kingdom of God is real and visible to all in every aspect of life. The business of government is provided and funded by godly elders and operates by the love, wisdom, and power of God.
Love serves.

The next great venue and vehicle of kingdom expansion will be more business and home than religion. The kingdom of God is inseparable from all areas of life in the world and will never again be boxed up in segmented religious structures. God rules.

For much more on the kingdom of God reformation of business see Kingdom Growth Guide (#026)

Keep on pursuing love.
It never fails.

Ron McGatlin

archive.openheaven.com
basileia@earthlink.net

Edited by Ron McGatlin on 06/02/2010 at 5:06pm
View Ron McGatlin's Profile Search for other posts by Ron McGatlin Visit Ron McGatlin's Homepage
Ron McGatlin
Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: 07/11/2008 at 6:37am | IP Logged Quote Ron McGatlin

In the kingdom of God our motive for getting up and going to work is greater than a pay check. It is providing for the needs of people, especially God's faithful people. We do this by whatever the company we work for produces. Perhaps, housing or clothing or education or spiritual impartation and understanding or food or fuel or medical care or an endless list of services and products that serve God by serving His people and His planet, always with the objective of establishing God's glorious kingdom on earth. If you are a believer in God this is your purpose in life.

If you are a believer in any other god you are about establishing the rule of your god in your life an subsequently into the world. If your god is pleasure, your life is spent propagating your god into the world. If your god is fame and fortune or sports or games or sex or food or dope or alcohol or anything else then your god is not the God Who created all things and Who is saviour of the world and Lord of the heavens and earth. You have a counterfeit god. In reality your god is you. What you want, what you need, that which pleasures you, where you get your delight, that which makes you feel alive is your god.

Until the kingdom of God is manifest in all the activities of the people it dose not rule the earth and the glory of God is not going to cover the earth. Praise and worship God full out with every breath, every action and every word that flows from our lips. God will have all of you or you will have none of Him. To know God and seek other gods to fulfill our lives is the way to perdition (means utter destruction) in this life. For us today, "turn or burn" means seek God with all your life and live in godly peace and prosperity of soul or continue to seek other gods of self  (self-satisfaction, self-fulfillment) and meet perdition head on. Let God have your whole life. Worship Him in prayer, communion, business, school, job, family and in every aspect of life. Selah (means pause and think about that).

Ron

Edited by Ron McGatlin on 07/11/2008 at 6:52am
View Ron McGatlin's Profile Search for other posts by Ron McGatlin Visit Ron McGatlin's Homepage
mariateresatee

Posted: 07/12/2008 at 1:43am | IP Logged Quote mariateresatee

"The next great venue and vehicle of kingdom expansion will be more business and home than religion. The kingdom of God is inseparable from all areas of life in the world and will never again be boxed up in segmented religious structures. God rules."

Hi brother Ron,

Father has been revealing this truth to me beginning late last year during a family vacation. It was actually the whole clan vacationing--our mom (my father is deceased), all seven sisters and our families, and our two brothers and their families.

As we were in the same place, we all went to the church which one of my brothers-in-law is pastoring. Five of us seven sisters are married to pastors. So this pastor brother-in-law sort of "proudly" introduced the other pastor brothers-in-law in the family. I felt a tinge of sadness as the four other pastor brothers-in-law (including my husband) stood up to smile at the congregation. The sadness was focused on my two brothers, who seemed to have been bypassed because they are "not pastors". They are, instead businessmen, one in an architectural business and the other in a garments business.

About six months later, my brother, who's in the garments business, was having business problems. While he was consulting me about it, Holy Spirit spoke to me, "Why do you treat your brother with kids' gloves? It's time he is confronted with the issues of the Kingdom." He was actually telling me about his money woes, his tax-paying problems, and his worries about not having enough to pay his workers rightly. And I was sort of skirting the issue of righteousness in business dealings because I felt he was not mature enough in the Lord.

When I heard what Holy Spirit said, it seemed like words began to flow through my mouth as I talked with my brother on the phone. I said, "You know, bro, Jesus said to seek first His kingdom and His righteousness. If you do what you know is right concerning taxes and workers' salaries, the Lord will give you the money that you need to be able to do that, and to meet your family's and others' needs as well. But you can't rely on your business ability. I believe that God has called you to be a businessman in the same way that I've been called to be a "church worker". If a church worker (or any ordinary Christian) prayed for a sick person without depending on Holy Spirit to heal, do you think the sick would be healed? If someone called by God to be in business ran it without depending on Holy Spirit to supply all that he needs, do you think he would be able to stay in business and be righteous at the same time?"

My brother suddenly "saw". It's been months now and he is still struggling with the issues of the kingdom, but he is, I believe, on the right road.

And my other brother, who was there as I was talking to the other one on the phone, heard and, likewise, seemed to have discovered his calling. Actually, at that moment, I felt the three of us realized it wasn't only the "pastors' wives" in the family who have been "called". The two of them, my brothers, have as much been called--to be kingdom businessmen, that is.

Meanwhile, my "pastor" husband and I have begun to break out from the "religion venue" to the "home venue".

These things are really simple matters of the kingdom, but it takes revelation to break a religious mindset such I had, I guess.

God is sooo good!

View mariateresatee's Profile Search for other posts by mariateresatee Visit mariateresatee's Homepage
Denise Detwiler

Posted: 07/12/2008 at 6:14am | IP Logged Quote Denise Detwiler

The time is so critical now, that we move from the compartmentalized thinking and life, into the seamless existence! 

For me it began somewhere around 30 years ago when I was a teenager.  The dual, no, not even dual lifestyle was nauseating to me. I was disgusted by the wide variance between what 'beliefs' our ultra conservative rigid doctrinally correct fundamentalist group believed and the way the lives were lived.  People I loved and had reason to love. 

After three major splits in the church which were fueled by spouse-swapping and Peyton Place type living running rampant, gossip, lies, hatred, hidden sins of abuse, molestation, drug and alcoholism in addition to the very different lifestyle and faces people put on in business settings and in the neighborhoods. 

I was defiled and felt violated at the behavior of church leaders to a man who was mentally deficient and who had a REAL wicked stepmother and brothers who fed him dog food in a dog dish outdoors and tied him with a leash and collar, not to name other things.  This man was one of the few who REALLY met Jesus and REALLY fell in love with Him and exhibited His nature and character.  There were a few bright lights there....and some church leaders mocked him and made fun of his stutter, they behaved cruelly to him.  They were so mean hearted toward his deficiency...he was full of sweetness and purity.  He was not wicked but fully transformed by Jesus.  He continually read children's bible story books (his bible) was soooo hungry for Jesus...

This affected my own house.  We sure knew quite well what to believe - we were well taught. 

It was not even dual - it was a very tiny compartment in our life.  Very few gave very much of themselves for others in any venue - financially, time, love, anything.  What was given by most was grudgingly and needing much recognition and reward. But it was not truly giving, it was really all taking. It was all self focused in one way or another...or should I say most of it.  It was all in order to meet some self want or need.  So it bore that fruit I mentioned above in full harvest.

I tend to cringe when someone says - I only have to give "this much" to God, right?  The rest I get to keep for myself, right?  Or even worse - I don't "have to" give anything to God in thus and such area...only because of the darkness I lived in.  I do realize that for a life in total surrender to Him, under HIS Lordship "my people will volunteer willingly in the day of MY power" and they will have God's laws written on their hearts and their nature will be changed so that they WILL not under or by compulsion, LIVE the law of God - the law of life...

Out of that God put me in with the first collective group who lived and breathed what your article writes of here.  Every one of us who had a job (which most of the elders did too) or a business - saw these as well as neighbors familys everything WAS an outworking of their faith.  A venue for the kingdom to be advanced.  The church came to be because men had started a business and in the business setting several people and their families had met the Lord.  And so on. 

This was a very incomplete manifestation and a beginning seed of what is written here.  I had coworkers and bosses in my job who were or who became Christians.  We did real ministry, evangelism, musical worship (one engineer was a professional musician before he met the Lord and he'd bring his guitar, I would sing and the people would gather.  Several of these became believers)  I saw real healings come about - gallstones dissappeared, cancer - those were the biggies - and a few of these new believers also came with me into our fellowship.  Others went different places.  But in the workplace we were all one together.  I started a break time prayer group to pray for revival in the company and we had a little mini-revival.

In the midst of all this though, God also had been unfolding to me year after year after year the embedded layers of division and compromise in my own heart and breaking that and transforming me. 

One huge area was the area Tere mentions in thinking that all that was going on was not "real ministry" but it was some lesser thing from actually being a "full time minister" - this is a total lie!

Most of the rest of the areas involve my own heart and where I was very divided in that my "beliefs" did not at all match or apply to my actual life.  I was headed for the same exact destruction I had seen among the older generation I was so disgusted with...I came actually quite close to it several times -- mostly over the edge.  And God loved me so that in His favor He made sure I got caught for EVERYTHING.  He clearly told me so I had no excuse....and then I was radically caught for EVERY deviation.  I couldn't get away with the stuff others could....

Today, however, is a different day and we do not have time for 30 or 35 years treks -- it's time and there's grace to be RADICALLY saved.  Those of us who have travelled the long road havea depth of understanding the new ones can draw from and should...

Edited by Denise Detwiler on 07/12/2008 at 6:21am
View Denise Detwiler's Profile Search for other posts by Denise Detwiler
Ron McGatlin
Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: 07/13/2008 at 5:50pm | IP Logged Quote Ron McGatlin

Amen Denise

Denise wrote:
Quote:
The time is so critical now, that we move from the compartmentalized thinking and life, into the seamless existence! 

One God - One Kingdom - One seamless life!

Critical urgency increases.

Ron

Ann Doupont

Posted: 07/13/2008 at 7:04pm | IP Logged Quote Ann Doupont

Another new venue for Kingdom expansion -- wherever God opens a door.

Today, the youth were ministering at the church where I was. They'd just returned from a missions trip to Mexico. They're doing some video things, asked if anyone had any ideas to give them...instantly, I had about 4-5 ideas.

I've not worked much with youth before. However, I saw another way of expanding the Kingdom. We exchanged email addresses and they actually want my help with it, not just my ideas.

When we pray "More, Lord," He takes us seriously.

Ann

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version