Author
Ron McGatlin
Admin Group
Admin Group

Online Status: Offline
Posted: 10/02/2008 at 6:16pm | IP Logged Quote Ron McGatlin

America’s Heart Change

By Ron McGatlin

God is still moving us toward a greater fullness of His kingdom on earth as it is in heaven. What seems like it is meant for our destruction will bring further purification and cleansing. It will serve to further separate us from our fallen-world ways and help purify the beautiful Bride that is yet in preparation. The extreme events will be used as a part of the great transformation from mixtures to true holiness in preparing mature sons of God

The dark clouds coming upon the world are not without silver lining. Things may become desperate and dark for a season, but there is glorious light beyond. And even during the severe times there is peace under the shadow of the almighty. Gathered unto Him and under His protective wings, the joy of the Lord abides. Yes, we all may endure hardships and loss of earthly things, but we will know with greater assurance that our lives do not consist in the things we have.

Many of us may be amazed at how much fallen-world residue yet abides in our lives. We will experience a great increase of love within as God burns the residue out of our lives and leaves us with a tender heart filled with love and compassion, completely freed from the deceitfulness of riches. The kingdom of God is righteousness, peace, and joy in the Holy Spirit.

A major change of heart is ahead for many Americans. Value systems and life attitudes of many people are going to be changed from the inside out. Hard shells around hearts will crack and break open. Hardened hearts filled with rock hard opinions and convictions are going to be mellowed by unexplainable inner feelings of loving care and concern for others.

Ezek 36:26-27:  "I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit within you; I will take the heart of stone out of your flesh and give you a heart of flesh. I will put My Spirit within you and cause you to walk in My statutes, and you will keep My judgments and do them.”

Painful losses and lack of self-indulgent pleasures will have strong affect on the emotions of people. Unstable souls will result from unstable life situations. Anger will surface as one group of people blames another for their plight. Brother will rise against brother. But all this volatility will not prevail forever. God will intervene and change the hearts of many. A supernatural reality of love poured into the hearts of believers will flow out to a broken world filled with people who are as empty cisterns waiting for something real - something pure and true - something that will fill their emptiness and heal their lives. They are waiting for the sons of God to impart rivers of living waters.

And now abide faith, hope, love, these three; but the greatest of these is love (1 Cor 13:13).

Revival will be redefined as a fresh and real heart change begins to sweep across families, neighborhoods, and cities. Sorrow will break many hearts as regret swells within and haunting questions loom in the atmosphere. Why did I not take the time and make the effort to love and honor the truly precious people around me when I could? Why did I not see how empty the things were that I was striving for? Why didn’t I respond to the love of God and seek Him with my whole heart? How could I have wasted the precious love God? Why could I not see the great value of the precious lives of the people around me? How could I have been so self-focused and missed one of life’s greatest joys of pouring out to those near me and receiving them as precious jewels from God? Why was I so harsh and dogmatic instead of bringing the nurturing love of God to precious people searching for life? Feelings of pure love will rise up within like springs of living water.

John 7:38:  "He who believes in Me, as the Scripture has said, out of his heart will flow rivers of living water."

Competition will give way to cooperation.

Believers will connect and cooperate for survival. Business and work in the community will cease being founded on my getting for me. It will become focused on providing for the community. Simple life will become profound, while complex fast-paced life of striving for many things will seem foolishness to the pure hearts of the people of God. Caring for others, especially the little ones will become more important than seeking more pleasure and more things. These and other heart attitude changes will occur. However, by far the greatest attitude change will be from self-sufficient independence to a devout deep dependence upon God and an increased trust in Him.

Real faith will be tried and revealed. Counterfeit or spurious faith will be tried and revealed for what it is as well. The faithless who are not in covenant with God, and who have no faith in Him will be without hope in God unless they turn to Him. The unfaithful that have made covenant with God but have chosen to not keep that covenant are also without hope in God unless they repent and turn back to Him. The unfaithful and those with spurious faith well be led by their own independent spirits or human wisdom and will be in danger. Many will recognize their condition and turn to God or turn back to God with their whole hearts.

A great harvest will come about. Multitudes will encounter the hardships of the season, and in their desperation search for the reality of life in God. God’s people of faith will be there to help get them to Christ Jesus. Those with true faith that are led of the Holy Spirit will have God’s wisdom and protection to survive the times. These will be the ones helping many come to God. They will administer salvation, healing, and deliverance to many hungry desperate people. The blood of Jesus will be applied to many lives.

True supernatural manifestations of the love and power of God will be released into the earth. The showy merchandising of prophesy and miracles of healing will cease, and the real supernatural miracles will flow abundantly through humble people of God motivated by the pure love and passion of God. Spiritual networks will connect people through the Spirit with the specific resources of God needed in each situation.

The preeminence of Christ will be revealed in the manifest presence of the glory of God. No prideful or lofty work of man or other gods will stand. The one true King will be exalted - the One through whom and for whom all things were created and continue to exist.

We must through many tribulations enter the kingdom of God (Acts 14:22).

God is calling for you and me to be STRONG and VERY COURAGEOUS (Josh 1:7). Be strong in the power of His might. Love never fails, and we can do all things through Christ who strengthens us. Arise and give glory to God for your time has come. The ends of the earth call for the glory of God. They call for the Son to arise upon all the earth. Here comes the Son! Arise and shout for the glory of God is risen upon you.

Isa 60:1-5:  Arise, shine; For your light has come! And the glory of the LORD is risen upon you. For behold, the darkness shall cover the earth, And deep darkness the people; But the LORD will arise over you, And His glory will be seen upon you.

Eph 6:10:

Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord and in the power of His might.

Keep on pursuing love.
It never fails.

Ron McGatlin

archive.openheaven.com
basileia@earthlink.net

Edited by Ron McGatlin on 06/02/2010 at 5:35pm
View Ron McGatlin's Profile Search for other posts by Ron McGatlin Visit Ron McGatlin's Homepage
Julie Gilbert

Posted: 10/02/2008 at 11:02pm | IP Logged Quote Julie Gilbert

Amen & thank you Ron... We must through many tribulations enter the kingdom of God (Acts 14:22)  God will watch over all of his children and bring us through as the 'more than conquerers' that we are in Him!  This is a glorious time for the children of God because God will be our all in all.... blessings!

Mandy Gay

Posted: 10/03/2008 at 2:29am | IP Logged Quote Mandy Gay

America’s Heart Change

I pray this extends beyond America!

Love Mandy

View Mandy Gay's Profile Search for other posts by Mandy Gay
Amber Allman

Posted: 10/03/2008 at 6:22am | IP Logged Quote Amber Allman

Amen, Ron. I'm going through some of these very things now...being shown that I am more tied to this fallen world than I realized! Painful, as death (to self)is, but necessary!

Beverly Miller

Posted: 10/03/2008 at 10:10am | IP Logged Quote Beverly Miller

New York Pastor Sees Silver Lining in Financial Crisis
Leighton D. Smith says economic woes preceded a revival in 1857 that at one point recorded 10,000 conversions each week.

New York Pastor Sees Silver Lining in Financial Crisis
[10.01.08] A New York pastor believes the financial meltdown may be a tool God uses to spark revival in America’s financial center and the rest of the nation.

Leighton D. Smith, pastor of Faith Evangelistic Ministries (FEM), which meets in an office building just blocks from the New York Stock Exchange, said the current situation on Wall Street is similar to the conditions that preceded the 1857 Fulton Street Revival led by Jeremiah Lamphier.

At that time, the city was reeling from the Panic of 1857, when a major New York City financial institution collapsed, leaving 30,000 people unemployed and plunging the nation into a deep recession. The prayer meetings Lamphier began in September 1857 in a rented space on Fulton Street eventually drew thousands, spawning prayer groups in other cities and ultimately sparking a nationwide revival.

For a while 10,000 conversions were recorded weekly in New York alone. Many credit the revival with helping to initiate the evangelical social movement of the 19th century.

“What’s happening on Wall Street is so much prophetic to us,” says Smith, whose church leads noonday prayer meetings at its facility on the corner of Fulton and William streets, the same corner where Lamphier’s prayer meetings were held. “They also had an economic collapse when the revival was birthed in 1857. That’s when the Lord moved on Brother Jeremiah to start this prayer meeting. And we see the same conditions.”

Smith says his church’s noonday prayer meeting has seen increased attendance over the last two months. “Things have been shaky on Wall Street for a couple of months, before all this explosion,” says Smith, who is also president of Prompt Courier Service.

With unprecedented job loss and uncertainty, Smith says many in New York are spiritually open. “When the people come in [to the noonday prayer meeting], we can really counsel them,” he says. “We have a sign that says, ‘Come, let us take your problems to God.’ We call it like a lunchtime special.”

Recently FEM set up sound equipment in Battery Park, near Wall Street, posting signs that read: “John 3:16. Come, let’s pray for you,” and presenting the gospel. “The police didn’t even stop us,” he says. “Normally you need a permit.”

Despite the spiritual openness, Smith worries participation will taper off when the dust begins to settle from the financial crisis. “We want them to be consistent, especially the Christians,” Smith says. “After 9/11 people were in prayer, then it tapered off.”

He asks that Christians across the nation join FEM in praying for peace and for revival. “I’m really excited about what’s happening, despite [the crisis]. “God, without our knowing it, placed us right there at Fulton and William. It encourages us.”

View Beverly Miller's Profile Search for other posts by Beverly Miller Visit Beverly Miller's Homepage
Ron McGatlin
Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: 10/04/2008 at 6:33pm | IP Logged Quote Ron McGatlin

Beverly, Thank you for this confirming article. Praise God for the reality that all things still work together for good to those who love God and are called according to His purpose.

Ron

View Ron McGatlin's Profile Search for other posts by Ron McGatlin Visit Ron McGatlin's Homepage
Beverly Miller

Posted: 10/05/2008 at 7:35am | IP Logged Quote Beverly Miller

Yes Ron ~ It truly is a confirmation !   God is is the MIDST of us in the Economic Crisis we realize HE is moving hearts to HIM!  For what does it profit a man to gain the whole world and lose his soul?  May all hearts in America and around the world be turned to HIM !

In Christ,

Beverly Miller

View Beverly Miller's Profile Search for other posts by Beverly Miller Visit Beverly Miller's Homepage
Ron McGatlin
Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: 10/05/2008 at 12:32pm | IP Logged Quote Ron McGatlin

As Families Began Praying Together, I Heard the Heart of America Beginning to Beat Again!

Bill Yount

Bill YountIn the spirit, as I began to hear families praying together, I sensed the Father saying: "I can hear the heart of America beginning to beat again and I can feel its pulse!"

I sense the real warfare over our nation is against the very core of any nation: the family! I have heard of many types of prayer alerts for our nation at this time, but I sense an urgent call from the throne room for "families to pray together at this critical time for our nation."

Power of Prayer in Our Family

I believe we have overlooked and underestimated the power of prayer in our families. There is something about families that touches and moves the heart of God. Besides Adam and Eve, the Lord desired their family to subdue the earth and to bring His Kingdom into the affairs of this world. I believe satan feared the seed of the woman - for it would have the power to destroy him. Man (our children) shall contend with their enemies in the gate (Psalm 127:5).

Before you think that it would be impossible for you to get your whole family to pray together, let alone to just be together, let me remind you of what the Word says:

"...if two of you agree on earth as touching any thing...it shall be done" (Matthew 18:19) or "...one man chase a thousand or two put ten thousand to flight" Deuteronomy 32:30) or "...God has dealt to every man the measure of faith" (Romans 12:3).

Since God has given "every man" a measure of faith, it is already in your family's DNA. As a Believer, (even if you are the only Believer in your household), you can help activate the faith in your family's DNA. Step out by faith and ask them to pray with you and see what happens! I believe your family will feel honored that you asked them and that you actually believe they are capable of praying. And watch what the Holy Spirit does as those in your household even think about praying.

I have seen the Holy Spirit hover over unbelievers in my family as I have asked them to pray for me and God has answered their prayer to prove Himself real. Perhaps we have gone outside the family for prayer too often, when maybe the Lord wants to work from the inside of our families to answer more of our prayers?

I sense with this upcoming election there are many different views in many of our families, but could we at least pray with as many of our family members as possible for God to have His way? At least there could be a bonding together for God to show us His ways as we begin to pray together. It may be clear to some of us already, but the atmosphere of prayer with God's presence can turn the hearts of many to God's will for our nation.

My House Will Serve the Lord!

"As for me and my house, we will serve the LORD." Joshua 24:15

I believe as Joshua was declaring to the nation of Israel, to choose life or death, he was proclaiming the importance of not only his personal choice, but also his heart for his family.

I sensed Joshua's heart for every father and mother was for them to decree that their families would serve the Lord also. Was he sensing the power that families hold in influencing the whole nation from being destroyed? He believed if God could save him, God could save his family. And I further sense that he was believing if God could save his family, He could also save the whole nation!

Acts 16:31, "Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house." I sense that we need to decree now more than ever that our whole household shall be saved and begin to decree over America: "One Nation, Our Nation, Under God!" Our Father still has this dream in His heart that not only your family, but a whole nation can be saved even in a day!

"Who has heard such a thing? Who has seen such things? Shall the earth be made to bring forth in one day? Or shall a nation be born at once? For as soon as Zion travailed, she brought forth her children." Isaiah 66:8

Could it be since the garden of Eden that the enemy well knows that families hold the hidden power to destroy his kingdom and deliver whole nations? Is it any wonder why he unleashes hell upon families?

"And Jonathan said to the young man that bare his armor, Come and let us go over unto the garrison of these uncircumcised: it may be that the Lord will work for us: for there is no restraint to the Lord to save by many or by few. And his armor-bearer said unto him, Do all that is in thine heart: turn thee ,behold, I am with thee according to thy heart." 1 Samuel 14:6-7

Again the power of two agreeing turns the tide of the adversary, for the Lord to overcome their enemies and save a nation in battle.

Build an Altar and Call the Family Together for Prayer!

I don't know about you, but many of my own family members are facing difficult times and I have been praying for them, but I am sensing recently that the Lord is challenging me to pray "with" them.

I know many of you have been praying for your family also. Yet I am sensing an urgent call, as parents, to not only pray for our children, but to build an altar and call the family members together - to pray with them.

I sense our sons and daughters hold the keys to some of our own breakthroughs that we, as parents, desperately need at this time. And, as parents, we hold some keys to our sons and daughters healings and miracles that are needed as well.

I sense there will now be a power released as we gather together as families to pray. Again we cannot force our families to pray together, but even if one family member prays with us, I believe hidden power will be released in our lives, cities and nation, and perhaps, the earth!

THE FAMILY THAT PRAYERS TOGETHER STAYS TOGETHER AND HAS THE STAYING POWER TO UNDERGIRD A NATION!

Let's decree together: "As for me and my house and my nation, we will serve the Lord!"

Bill Yount
Blowing the Shofar Ministries

Email: theshofarhasblown@juno.com

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version