Billy Graham's
Message to
America - Video

How I Escaped
the
Mormon Temple

TOP NEWS - Worldwide Kingdom/Revival NEWS
OpenHeaven.com Forum : TOP NEWS - Worldwide Kingdom/Revival NEWS
Subject Topic: Author Makes Sense Out of Suffering, Reveals Beauty Treatments For the Bride Post Reply Post New Topic
Author
News Editor

Online Status: Offline
Posted: 11/15/2008 at 2:51pm | IP Logged Quote News Editor

Christine Beadsworth

Christine Beadsworth, author of Beauty Treatments For the Bride

Author Makes Sense Out of Suffering, Reveals Beauty Treatments For the Bride

by Steve Eastman, OpenHeaven.com TOP News

Christine Beadsworth is a prophetic artist, poet and speaker from South Africa who has wrestled with the meaning of suffering in her personal life.  Now she shares satisfying answers in “Beauty Treatments for the Bride.”

What experiences in your life prepared you for the revelations you share in Beauty Treatments For the Bride?

From my earliest walk with Jesus, I have had a hunger to know the hidden depths of the treasure of His Word. I remember as a teenager, praying from psalm 118, 'open my eyes to behold wondrous things out of Your Word' and asking for the Spirit of wisdom and revelation to be my portion. Of course I did not realize until much later that God would use my own life experiences and painful trials in order to open up His living Word to me.

Having been involved in an adulterous relationship many years ago, I know only too clearly from personal experience, the pathway of idolatry which leads the church to spiritual adultery. However, I have experienced too the heart of God expressed in Hosea, as He reaches out to an unfaithful wife and uses the wilderness experience to bring her back to Himself. Disentanglement from uncleanness and being set-apart in holiness for the Bridegroom is the journey of my life and the message this vessel brings to the Church.

You and several other authors I have been reading lately make a distinction between the Church and the Bride. Would you explain this?

Just as Eve was formed out of a rib from Adam's body, so too will the Bride of Christ be formed out of the Body of Christ who is the Last Adam. Eve was prepared in secret while Adam was in a deep sleep and then presented to him. So too is the Bride prepared away from the eyes of man, while the Body is in a state of slumber,  and she is molded into just the right shape to please her Bridegroom! Also, we are born again and become children of God - but Jesus is not coming for a child-bride. So there is a process of growth and maturity that has to take place and also surrender and being set-apart in preparation for the Bridegroom.

In what sense was the Bride taken out of Jesus’ side?

At the cross, water and blood flowed from Jesus' side, signifying the birth of the Church. However. Eve was formed from a rib, which is a portion of the body right over the heart. Intimacy is the hallmark of the Bride's walk with Christ.

What is left for that portion of the Church which doesn’t transition to the Bride?

Immaturity disqualifies one from release into positions of spiritual authority where one rules and reigns with Christ. Ezekiel also speaks of the Zadok priesthood who remained faithful when the rest of the people of God went astray.

Some priests were only allowed to minister to the people and take part in the daily tasks of the temple but the Zadok priests were allowed to minister to the Lord and come near Him and had an anointing to teach God's people to discern between the clean and the unclean. They also had authority to rule in disputes. This distinction between the two groups of priests is a picture of the distinction God is bringing as He measures His Church with His righteous Plumb-line, which is Christ.

Can meditating on the Word and acting on it while things are going well take the place of a Joseph-styled period of learning?

I believe that all believers are appointed seasons of trial by the Lord in order to bring change in their hearts. There are lessons to be forged in our hearts which can only be learned in the prison of preparation, in the hard places where we go through a process of refining.

However Paul does say that there are many vessels in the Master's house, some for noble purposes and some for common purposes. He goes on to say that those who desire to be a vessel of gold, must separate themselves from all that is unclean. So I think it does depend upon the desire of our hearts and just what kind of vessel we desire to be - and also how close to Jesus we want to be.

Can you think of any modern day equivalents of Uzzah, who tried to hold the ark steady when the oxen stumbled?

I can't think of a specific example right now but I think there have been many instances in the history of the Church, when the clever plans of men to bring back the presence of God have got a bit shaky and people have stepped in to keep things going, using their own human strength and initiative. It never works for any length of time and always sends us back to the drawing board so to speak.

What kinds of idols are causing problems in the Church today?

Well, I think the main idols are the doctrines of men which deprive the Word of God of its power. The hyper-prosperity movement and the self-realization teaching (be your best self) are also largely responsible for luring a great portion of the western church into slumber in the tentacles of humanism, which is basically the worship of the creature (self) rather than the creator.

Could you explain the two abuses of the prophetic – spilling out words too soon and holding them back for too long.

It all involves the right time for the sowing of the seed of the Word. When God speaks and gives a messenger a Word to deliver, it is vital to discern the right time to release it.

Immaturity on the part of the messenger makes him or her hasty and sometimes the seed falls to the ground and is wasted. Proverbs says 'a word spoken at the right time is like apples of gold in settings of silver'. Often, the Word given to the messenger is required to touch and work in that person's life first before he can deliver it. The Spirit gives understanding and places the spoken Word in its right setting in the whole Word. We are not just channels with no accountability for the words we speak. Sometimes when a word is released too soon, it is full of mixture – our own understanding and emotions or desires 'muddy' the message and an unclear sound comes forth. Our lives must be authentic living messages, hence the time in the prison of preparation to produce a trustworthy vessel.

On the other hand, a message held back for too long becomes stale bread, hard and unpalatable and difficult to digest as its main nutrients are no longer viable. The prophetic word delivered at the right time is sharper than a two-edged sword dividing between the thought and intents of the heart. It has a powerful effect upon the heart of people as it enters and is embraced.

My whole walk with God has been a learning curve about this process of speaking a word at the right time. I am still learning and still making mistakes. This book is an example of a seed released in God's timing. When I thought it was time, God closed all the doors - and now suddenly, in His timing, the way was made wide open for me to release it.

It seems some people short-circuit the plan and manifest God’s power before they are ready?  What would you like to share about this?

Well, I think Moses is a good example of this. He knew that he was called to be a deliverer of his people but he acted in the flesh, out of God's timing, relying on his own strength. That took him on a 40-year journey of humbling and learning to hear God clearly and be obedient. Then, when he thought he was completely unqualified for the task, God released him because He was then completely dependent upon God and not himself. The pride of life had been removed from his heart – and amazingly, he wasn't late for his assignment, he was right on time, according to God's calendar!

Can you elaborate on your statement “… it is time for each member of the Body of Christ to stop looking at the pulpit of its mother, the Church, and to begin to sit at the Father’s feet and receive personal instruction under the guidance of the Spirit.”?

The head of the Body is Christ and just as in the human body, each part receives its instruction from the head in order to function harmoniously as a whole, so too the members of the Body of Christ need to learn to receive instruction straight from the Head instead of waiting for a man to bring them a message. The people of Israel didn't want to talk to God themselves, they said Moses must talk to Him and pass the message on.

When we wait for Sunday and the message from the pulpit in order to walk with God, then we are degenerating back into religion. Christ is in us and we as His sheep can hear His voice moment by moment in a living growing relationship. In the days that lie ahead of us, it will be vital to be able to hear and instantly obey instruction right from Headquarters.

You mention the Third Day several times in the book.  For those who have never heard this term, what does it represent?

The Word tells us that with God a thousand years is like a day. We have now entered the third thousand-year period since the first coming of Jesus. There are numerous references to significant spiritual events occurring on the third day in the Word, including the resurrection of Christ. They are types and shadows which the Lord intends to fulfill in our time.

You speak of a “… changing of the guard in the Spirit” with Simeon and Anna, the two elderly people who prophesied over the infant Jesus in the temple, as examples.  Could you identify the old and new guard in the Church today?

Well, Simeon was one who came to the temple and left according to specific times and days. It speaks of a religious pattern rather than a continual ongoing relationship. So I would say the old guard would be a rigid pattern of meetings on certain days under the control and direction of a hierarchy and man's understanding.

The new guard is a movement of believer priests, living in vibrant relationship with God wherever they are, in the marketplace, in the home, in their neighborhoods, just wherever the Spirit is leading them to be the light.

Where may we expect years of learning through trials and tribulations to lead?

The Word says that trials are for the perfecting of our faith, so that we may be fully equipped. God equips us for His purposes. Just as a vessel is formed on the potter's wheel, fired and glazed and then used for a purpose, so too all we have been through is moving us towards a period of great usefulness in the hands of the Master.

Joseph is a good example of this. In prison, the Word of the Lord tried and tested him. Then finally the day came where he was elevated to a position of great responsibility and authority. God could trust him because he had been through the fire.

How would you suggest a newly awakened seeker pursue God – memorizing Bible verses, spending hours in prayer a day or something else?

I would say, the important thing is to develop a deeper relationship with Jesus through His Spirit. Just as with a human being, this involves time spent together. However, just as a relationship with one's husband is flexible and ever-growing, so too,one's relationship with Jesus is the same. It doesn't start out very deep but as you get to know each other more and more, sharing hearts’ thoughts together, then your love for the person grows deeper and deeper.

The most important thing is to learn to recognize His voice. He speaks in many different ways, not only through the written Word but sometimes through music or creation or another person. The baptism in the Holy Spirit is absolutely vital in pursuing God because it is the Holy Spirit who teaches us everything we need to know about the beauty of Jesus and what is going to happen in the future.

Have I missed anything you’d like the reader to take away from Beauty Treatments For the Bride?

I just want people to know that suffering is never for no purpose and that God's plans for their lives are still unfolding even in the hard places and the dark places. He has us in His hand and is bringing to pass His purposes for us, even though the way may be very confusing at times. I also sense that time to separate from the things that muddy our garments is running out. We must return to the simplicity of walking with our Beloved in the cool of the day and leave the useless doctrines of man on the dung-heap where they belong!

Christine Beadsworth may be contacted at freshoil@polka.co.za.

Read Steve Eastman's review of Christine Beadsworth's Beauty Treatments For the Bride.

Edited by News Editor on 11/15/2008 at 2:52pm
View News Editor's Profile Search for other posts by News Editor

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version