Billy Graham's
Message to
America - Video

How I Escaped
the
Mormon Temple

ARTICLES and Discussion
OpenHeaven.com Forum : ARTICLES and Discussion
Subject Topic: The Rapture Revealed PT 1 & 2 - Nathan Leal Post Reply Post New Topic
Author
Julie Gilbert

Online Status: Offline
Posted: 01/06/2009 at 9:50pm | IP Logged Quote Julie Gilbert

The Rapture Revealed - Part 1
Nathan Leal - June 6, 2008
http://www.watchmanscry.com/archives.html

In this lesson, when I say the word “Rapture” I am referring to the Pre-Tribulation Rapture. This definition entails a future event where some believe that Jesus will remove all of the Christians off of the earth before the tribulation period starts.

Introduction

The rapture, what is it? So many images come to mind don’t they? We have seen them in movies. Read about them in books, and heard preachers describing various “scary” rapture scenarios. Unfortunately, these popular images of the “rapture” are the cause of Christians not knowing the REAL truth about this subject.

What do I mean? Well let me explain. The “Rapture” is portrayed in people’s minds under a false point of view.  What point of view is that? 

Before I answer, let me ask you a question.

If I were to ask you, “What is the reason for the Rapture?” What would your answer be?  What would most Christians say?

Give up?  I will tell you.

Most people would say that the reason for the rapture is so that Christians won’t have to be in the tribulation.

Based on this answer alone, the rapture doctrine nullifies itself! Why? Because people think that the reason for the Rapture is to escape pain and suffering.

A Challenge

By the time you are finished reading this lesson, you will see what I mean.

I will even go as far as to say this, “If you believe that the reason for the rapture is so that you will not have to face the pain and trials of the tribulation, then you are denying the main focus of the gospel of Christ!”

Strong words huh? I assume that I have your attention now!

It would take volumes to biblically explain in the long version, so I will try to teach this in a short version.

Whenever we desire truth, we must always use the scriptures. When we use the scriptures, we must follow certain rules.

1. We must arrive at any doctrinal conclusion by using the “whole” sum of the scriptures. “The sum of Your word is truth,” Psalms 119:160 (This means that we cannot arrive at a doctrinal conclusion based on only one verse in the Bible.)

2. We must have at our disposal, Biblical Word study helps like a concordance to see the original meaning of the words that we are studying. The original words often have a deeper meaning than the translated words.

3. We must realize that some words in the scriptures are not in the original texts. The translators often added words to give the words a better flow. This is often noted in good Bibles by printing those types of words in italics.

4. Without the Spirit of God to open your eyes, you WILL NOT comprehend truth in the scriptures. Therefore always pray and ask God to open your eyes and reveal His mysteries to you.

A Foundation

Okay, now that we have that out of the way, let’s begin.

In order to learn a doctrine, we cannot start in the middle. We have to start at the beginning.

“Therefore leaving the principles of the doctrine of Christ, let us go on unto perfection; not laying again the foundation of repentance from dead works, and of faith toward God, Of the doctrine of baptisms, and of laying on of hands, and of resurrection of the dead,..” 
Hebrews 6:1

According to this verse, there are some parts of doctrine that everyone SHOULD be taught as baby Christians, and also SHOULD know. In other words a mature Christian should not be struggling with these basic things.

So I ask you brethren, how many of you have been thoroughly taught these basic things?

1. Repentance form dead works...
  2. Faith toward God…
  3. Doctrine of baptisms…
  4. Laying on of hands (this one obviously has not been taught, look at the Todd Bentley mess! Christians are flocking to this seer possessed with a spirit of divination and letting him lay hands on them!)
  5. And of Resurrection of the dead…

So there you go folks, a brief list of basics that the church HAS NOT been taught about.

The Resurrection

For now, I want to focus on (# 5) “And of Resurrection of the dead…”  Now did you see anywhere on this basic list, the rapture mentioned? Which again, is the event to rescue Christians from the “mean” antichrist?  I do not see it!

What I do see is the word “resurrection”. What is the resurrection? Well, that one is easy. It is when dead people come back to life. Just like Jesus did.

By nature, humans are so foolish, blind and arrogant, including Christians. And Christians have the silly audacity to think that the rapture is about “Rescue”, no, no, no!

Brethren Jesus said that He was the “resurrection and the life" (John 11:25). Even though He died, he was raised. The hope of the gospel is for those that have died, that they might be raised to eternal life!

Do you see it yet brethren, our Lord has 6000 years of godly dead people that need resurrecting! So the “Rapture” is NOT about rescuing Christians from an unpleasant time period. In fact the word “rapture” is not in the Bible anywhere. I will tell you what IS in the Bible, the word “Resurrection!”

Do you see now why I said that if one thinks that the rapture is about rescue, then that person is denying the gospel? The gospel is about resurrection to eternal life, NOT escape from the tribulation!

So let’s go on. Now, if sometime in the period of mankind, God is going to resurrect all of His dead children to eternal life, common sense tells us that some group of living people will witness it during their lives.

Common sense also says that God will have to use a different plan for the living people. That plan of course would be that the living people will not have to taste death. So as an “icing on the cake”, after the big resurrection event of the dead, the living get to join them.

We Shall be Changed

The living will take part in the resurrection by having their bodies change to an immortal body.

“Behold, I shew you a mystery; we shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed, In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.” 1 Corinthians 15:51

So it is about resurrection, folks, not rescue!

Now that we know that truth, the next logical question would be, “When will the resurrection happen?”  What does the Bible say? We want truth, right brethren, not the words or traditions of men.

“For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive, But every man in his own order: Christ the first fruits; afterward they that are Christ's at his coming.” 
1 Corinthians 15:22, 23

Several things are mentioned in these verses. First, there are only two groups of resurrected people.

1. Christ
  2. Those that are His at his coming. This would be all the dead in Christ throughout history and also those living.

All in Their Order

The other thing that is mentioned is that each is resurrected in his own “order”. 

So the order is:
Christ - first
The dead and living – second

When does this happen? It also tells us, “at his coming.” 

But where on the timeline does this resurrection happen? The Bible does tell us. Look at the next verse in that same passage:

“Then cometh the end, when he shall have delivered up the kingdom to God, even the Father; when he shall have put down all rule and all authority and power.” 
1 Corinthians 15:24

So according to this verse, right after the resurrection, is the end. It did not say, “Then cometh seven years of tribulation!”

At the Last Day

There are more verses to confirm this timing.

“And this is the Father's will which hath sent me, that of all which he hath given me I should lose nothing, but should raise it up again at the last day.” John 6:39

And

“And this is the will of him that sent me, that every one which seeth the Son, and believeth on him, may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at the last day.”
John 6:40

And

“No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him: and I will raise him up at the last day.” John 6:44

And

“So man lieth down, and riseth not: till the heavens are no more, they shall not awake, nor be raised out of their sleep.” Job 14:12  

Could it be any more clear brethren? Our hope is the resurrection which will occur at the “LAST DAY!”

The last day of what, you ask? The last day of this age!

Now some could “weakly” try to argue that it means the last day before the tribulation starts.

But did you read what Job 14:12 said? We stay dead “till the heavens are no more!” 

Could the earth have the heavens being no more, but still have seven years added to it? Absurd!

Conclusion: Folks the Rapture is a fictional tradition of men. We should instead be referring to this event as the "resurrection as our hope".

In part two, I will show where the resurrection happens in Revelation.

The Rapture Revealed - Part 2
Nathan Leal - June 22, 2008

Part one - Read

In part one, we learned that the “resurrection” was the “foundational reason” or “truth” for the “Rapture event.”  (If you have not read part one, it is recommended.)

In this lesson we are going to discuss an event that will occur right after the “resurrection.”

But I must warn you, this lesson gets pretty DEEP! So you may have to read it twice. I also recommend that you pray right now and ask God to open your eyes to the “Manna” that you are about to receive!

Foreshadows

Many of the biblical traditions that we practice on earth are a shadow of Heaven’s realities. At the beginning of man’s creation, God ordained the institution of marriage.

Marriage between a man and a woman was established by God to illustrate the relationship that we will have with Christ for all eternity. When I say, “We,” I am talking about the “Church” or “Body of Christ.”

As members of the Christ’s Church, we are a part of his “ekklesia,” or “called out ones.” We are the bride of Christ. After this age is over, we will be united in marriage to Christ.

John the Baptist understood this truth. And he prophetically spoke of it:

"He who has the bride is the bridegroom; but the friend of the bridegroom, who stands and hears him, rejoices greatly because of the bridegroom's voice. Therefore this joy of mine is fulfilled. He must increase, but I must decrease."  John 3:29,30

What John meant was that his friend “Jesus” was the bridegroom, and hearing the voice of Jesus speaking to His future “bride” (the redeemed of Israel) brought John much joy.

The amazing and precious truth about the Bride being married to Christ will be fulfilled when the two segments of His bride, as “one unit” marry Christ at His coming.

Huh?

Are you confused? What do I mean by two segments? I used the term “two segments” for illustration purposes.

And actually in God’s eyes, there are not two segments of the bride, but one segment.

Unfortunately, many of today’s Christian’s do not understand this truth.

This truth is a great mystery.

Let me explain, The future bride of Christ Is ISRAEL!

Israel exists in the form of the original branch of “Old Testament Israel” and the grafted branch of the “New Testament Body of Christ” which is new Israel.

The scriptures confirm this truth in the passage referring to Israel of the Old Testament:

"For thy Maker is thine husband; the LORD of hosts is his name; and thy Redeemer the Holy One of Israel; The God of the whole earth shall he be called."  Isaiah 54:5

The following scripture refers to the New Testament Body of Christ being the bride:

“For this cause shall a man leave his father and mother, and shall be joined unto his wife, and they two shall be one flesh. This is a great mystery: but I speak concerning Christ and the church.”  Ephesians 5:31,32

So in these two verses, we can see that the “bride” of Christ consists of the original branch – “Israel” and the “New Testament Church” in “unity” married as “one” body to Christ. 

There is One Israel

A deception and false teaching of man tries to separate Israel into one group and the Church as another group, but according to scripture Israel is Israel. There is ONE Israel!

The church through the mercies of God is a "grafted branch" into the same tree as Israel.

In God’s eyes, the church today IS Israel:

"But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvelous light:

Which in time past were not a people, but are now the people of God: which had not obtained mercy, but now have obtained mercy."     I Peter 2:9,10

This is exciting Brethren because the bride of Christ is “ONE” group of people, Israel and the church combined!!

Look what Ephesians says about us and how the church is the bride:

"Husbands love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it; That he might sanctify and cleanse it with the washing of water by the word,

That he might present it to himself a glorious church, not having spot, or wrinkle, or any such thing; but that it should be holy and without blemish."  Ephesians 5:25-27

So here, the church is called the wife of Christ.

What About the Rapture?

Now, some of you are probably wondering, “What does this have to do with the rapture?”

Well, I explained this so that the rest of this lesson will make more sense. It is important to understand that the “resurrection” event is also a “WEDDING” event.

Folks, it is exciting that Israel and the Church “together” will be married to Christ when He returns.

Now, when we have weddings here on earth, we also have a time of celebration or a reception.  Depending on the culture there can be a “little bit of food” or “a lot of food.”  A wedding feast!

It is the same with God.

Some day soon brethren, when we are united and married to Christ at His return, He has promised to give us a wedding reception and feast to celebrate with Him. God calls it the “Marriage Supper of the Lamb” or “Wedding Feast.”

Error in The Church

Now here is where a false teaching and traditions of man have spoiled the truth of God’s Word.

And it is unfortunate, because I have heard this falsehood repeated over and over by ministers behind pulpits to believing Christians. 

The sad part is that these pastors are supposed to be educated scholars of the scriptures. They should be accurately handling the Word of truth.

What am I talking about?

The fable that the “marriage supper of the lamb” will occur right after the pre-tribulation rapture and seven years before Jesus returns to earth.

You've heard this haven’t you? While the church is up in heaven at the start of the 7 year
tribulation, “terrible trouble” will break loose on the earth.

And while those that are “left behind” on the earth are suffering for 7 years, the church will be eating the heavenly food of the “wedding feast”.

See Picture chart…….

rapture

But friends, does the Bible really say this?

We cannot have any biblical beliefs if they cannot be found in scripture. Can we?

So let’s see what the scriptures tell us.

At the end of the Book of Revelation, we find the “Second Coming of Christ.”

“And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.”
Revelation 19:11

Most of us have read this verse and can agree that this is the “Second Coming of Jesus”, right?

By the time that we arrive to this part of Revelation, the great tribulation is at its end. The arrival of Jesus will end this horrible time on earth.

But I want to draw your attention to something.

The Feast

Let’s go back a few verses in Chapter 19 and read what it says. Precisely four verses sooner;

"Let us be glad and rejoice, and give honour to him: for the marriage of the Lamb is come, and his wife hath made herself ready.

And to her was granted that she should be arrayed in fine linen, clean and white: for the fine linen is the righteousness of saints."   Revelation 19:8,9

Do you see that brethren? “The Marriage of the Lord is come.”  and, “His wife has made herself ready…”   

Now here comes the truth that we cannot ignore folks.  We were just told that the “bride hath made herself ready.”

The “Bride” is finally ready and we are at the END of the tribulation period! We are in Revelation chapter 19. The bride is not ready till Revelation 19. But we are given the fable by preachers across the country that the bride gets raptured in Revelation chapter 4. That is absurd!

How did the bride become ready? By purging!

The only way this can be accomplished is by enduring the Great Tribulation, which means no pre-tribulation rapture snatched away the Christians seven years prior!

And now let’s look at the next verse folks, Revelation 19:9:

“And he saith unto me, Write, Blessed are they which are called unto the marriage supper of the Lamb. And he saith unto me, These are the true sayings of God.”   Revelation 19:9

Do you see it? We just read that the time for the “Wedding Feast” or “Marriage Supper of the Lamb” is at the end of the tribulation!

When Jesus arrives on his white horse, the tribulation period will be finished and complete. And it is at the end of the timeline that we see the marriage supper mentioned and occurring.

So according to your Bible and my Bible… The “Marriage Supper of the Lamb” does not happen seven years prior to the return of Christ!

Why the Error?

So now, I must ask an honest question folks.”Why are pastors telling us that the wedding feast is seven years prior?”

I will tell you why, because the fable of the Pre-tribulation rapture is built on a “false” house of cards. And part of the fable needs the “wedding feast” to happen seven years prior to the “Return of Christ.”

But we just studied and read that it does not happen seven years sooner at the beginning of the Tribulation. So if the timing for the wedding feast is wrong for pre-tribulationists. Their fable cannot stand!

So, I ask you folks? Why do preachers teach this?

Because they believe in the fable of the pre-tribulation rapture!

I have often wondered why it is so hard for these ministers to believe otherwise!

I have observed that the doctrine of the pre-tribulation rapture teaching is held almost as high as salvation itself with some of these teachers.

Why is that, brethren? I don’t know?

Folks, there is so much deception out there and twisting of scripture, that it is no wonder the church is in a state of immaturity and in need of purging. 

But good news for us brethren, we are children of truth.  With the light of God’s Word we can be among the wise ones.

I pray that this lesson blesses you and helps you to understand this “Mystery of God!”

( To Be Continued )

God bless you,

Nathan - A Watchman

------------------------------------------------------------ ---------------------

Edited by Julie Gilbert on 01/06/2009 at 9:51pm

richard gilman

Posted: 01/16/2009 at 3:40pm | IP Logged Quote richard gilman

And how is going through the tribualtion, in any sane way a blessed hope, or written to comfort believers? Personally i am ready to go through it if that is Abbas plan but in both the old and new covenants our God is seen as one who delivers.

I think perhaps we need to do a study of the tribulation, its purpose is to pour out the wrath of the Lamb on those who have not bowed and kissed the son, to include the bride in this event maligns the very character of YHWH..

Crystal Thorne

Posted: 10/01/2009 at 7:07am | IP Logged Quote Crystal Thorne

The word does say those that endure to the end will be saved.  Just like God delivered Noah and his family from the flood.  Noah was not taken out of the world.  The word is so plain in explaining to us they were on the ark, and the ark was on the waters, and the waters were on the earth and not heaven. I now laugh at my total ignorance of believing the teaching of men instead of the word concerning the rapture. I was an idiot. Noah is not a good illustration to use as an example of the rapture

In fact, the unrighteous ones were  removed from the earth. The word is clear the meek shall inherit the earth (ta-da, Noah did). It says in Psalms the righteous shall inherit the land (Noah did).  The righteous ones always are delivered out of trouble and the unrighteous are taken away.

Lot is not a good example of the rapture either.  He was removed from the city, but not the earth.  He was told where to go while the city was being destroyed. The unrighteous Sodomites were destroyed with the other cities in the plain.

Lot is an example for Christians during the next few years.  Christians will be told where to go while the unrighteous are being destroyed. The righteous are guaranteed to inherit the land (earth). There will be  righteous ones here when Jesus returns to rule the next thousand years.

My doctrine is not mine,but His who sent me. Jn 7:16
View Crystal Thorne's Profile Search for other posts by Crystal Thorne
Julie Gilbert

Posted: 10/01/2009 at 11:19am | IP Logged Quote Julie Gilbert

Crystal .. I have found some excellent solid biblical teaching on the rapture by a brother named Bill Britton. Here are links to that teaching and a link to the website housing many more of his teachings:
http://www.dimensionsoftruth.org/Bill_Britton/index.html
Enjoy!

Kriston Couchey

Posted: 10/01/2009 at 12:44pm | IP Logged Quote Kriston Couchey

good to hear from you Richard!!!

View Kriston Couchey's Profile Search for other posts by Kriston Couchey
Kevin D. James

Posted: 10/09/2009 at 4:58pm | IP Logged Quote Kevin D. James

I want to send a Holy salute out to each person that has
commented thus far. It's great to see feedback on this
highly controversial subject done with tremendous
grace, wisdom, respect for others.

There are millions of precious believers in Messiah who
believe that the rapture is a literal 'physical
disappearance' and vanishing from the earth. God bless
them in their strong convictions. There are others such
as myself who can't find a shred of scripture to support
the notion of a 'physical disappearance' from the earth.
I too love Yeshua Messiah as my precious Savior and God.

The non-confrontational fellowship and sharing is quite
refreshing! I love OPEN HEAVEN!

Edited by Kevin D. James on 12/05/2009 at 10:30pm

'Herein is our love made perfect, that we may have boldness in the day of judgment: because as He is, so are we in this world.' - I John 4:17
View Kevin D. James's Profile Search for other posts by Kevin D. James Visit Kevin D. James's Homepage
jaketribble

Posted: 10/10/2009 at 7:22am | IP Logged Quote jaketribble

Welcome to OH Crystal. Thanks Julie for posting those links. Good to hear from you Richard. Kris, I have learned much from you.
I agree with  you Kevin, OH is and should continue to be a place for fellowship, learning and unity in the bond and Spirit of Love.
I pray that our hearts burn with passion for those who desire to know Truth, that they be fed from God's WORD. Guided into this Truth by Holy Spirit, correctly teaching us all, concerning Christ and HIS resurrection.
More time spent on our faces before HIM, clears our hearts and minds from the deception of man's doctrines. The eyes and ears of HIS Bride, must be focused strictly upon the Bridegroom. It will only be when ABBA Father tells the Son, 'it is time to receive YOUR Bride'.
The Body of Christ must remain Faithful, purged and purified, waiting with great expectation for that Glorious Day. May we all continue growing into maturity and obedience as Sons and Daughters in the Kingdom Family of God.

For HIS Glory,
Jake

Edited by jaketribble on 10/10/2009 at 7:24am
View jaketribble's Profile Search for other posts by jaketribble Visit jaketribble's Homepage
Julia Pletcher

Posted: 11/26/2009 at 11:42am | IP Logged Quote Julia Pletcher

Im leaning towards the idea there will be a rapture ..but not every christian will go.
I believe his Bride.. will go... and the ones who are  virgins( called apart but not ready) will b e left behind.
 I think we will go through many tribulations ..the people in the dark ages suffered horribly and they may have thought they were in the Great Tribulation. We can got through a very rough and turbulent time in American and suffer wrath,, but that does not necessary mean when we see that its the great tribulation.
 I guess right now im beliveing we all of us will see  changes and shifting and many birth pangs that will look like tribulation.... but im still leaning towards that right before the BIG TRIB the bride will be taken.

Its my own feel on it for now.... i dont have the last word on it... and o may be wrong.. im just not convinced we all will be here for the Big Tribulation.. as i think to many would fall away. I think Jesus will give us all  a chance to prepare and be  made willing to be his bride,,,, so keep your lamps trimmed.

Kevin D. James

Posted: 11/26/2009 at 10:15pm | IP Logged Quote Kevin D. James

John 17:15
"I DO NOT ask that Thou mayest take them out of the
world, but that Thou mayest keep them out of the evil."

Proverbs 11:6
'The righteousness of the upright shall deliver them; but
the transgressors SHALL BE TAKEN in their own
naughtiness'.

Proverbs 10:30.
'The righteous shall never be removed: but the wicked
shall not inhabit the earth.'

Psalm 37:29
'The righteous will inherit the land, and dwell in it
forever.'

Proverbs 2:22
'But the wicked will be cut off from the land, and the
treacherous will be uprooted from it.

'Herein is our love made perfect, that we may have boldness in the day of judgment: because as He is, so are we in this world.' - I John 4:17
View Kevin D. James's Profile Search for other posts by Kevin D. James Visit Kevin D. James's Homepage
Leslie Grewing

Posted: 11/30/2009 at 5:20pm | IP Logged Quote Leslie Grewing

Well, first of all, that was a really llllloooooooonnnnnngggg article. Mercy!

Secondly, I think folks might want to read Ron's Kingdom Growth Guides if they haven't already read them.

Third, if the kingdom of God is coming to earth and Jesus returned in the Holy Spirit and we are to become like him doing those things he did and doing what the Father tells us to do, then why do we need a rapture? Is the church so screwed up that it can't change the earth and, therefore, needs to exit stage left and give it over to the enemy? How is that God-like? How about we grow up into sons and daughters of God, become holy and pure vessels and then go kick some butt and bring the Kingdom of God to earth? How about we realize the enemy can only mess with us and the earth because we have given him license to do it? How about we realize who we are by allowing the Holy Spirit to reveal to us God's plan for our lives.

There's some folks that believe the rapture doctrine was the result of some 16-year old girl's vision back in the 1600 or 1700s and some folks went to seed on it.

For some good radical processing in the Spirit, I suggest folks read carefully Ron's growth guides and Laurence Lilley's articles. Those articles will help you "get the vision" and realize what wonderful plans God has for those that chooose to grow up into sons and daughters of God. The earth is Gods. Adam dropped the ball and Satan got earth. Jesus came back and got the earth back and two thousand years later we're still supposed to get the earth back and return it to God. Not take a powder in a mass flight out of here. ("Take a powder" is a 1960s expression to leave a place.)

View Leslie Grewing's Profile Search for other posts by Leslie Grewing
Kathy Bippus

Posted: 12/01/2009 at 10:14am | IP Logged Quote Kathy Bippus

Leslie Grewing wrote:
if the kingdom of God is coming to earth and Jesus returned in the Holy Spirit and we are to become like him doing those things he did and doing what the Father tells us to do, then why do we need a rapture? Is the church so screwed up that it can't change the earth and, therefore, needs to exit stage left and give it over to the enemy? How is that God-like? How about we grow up into sons and daughters of God, become holy and pure vessels and then go kick some butt and bring the Kingdom of God to earth? How about we realize the enemy can only mess with us and the earth because we have given him license to do it? How about we realize who we are by allowing the Holy Spirit to reveal to us God's plan for our lives.

well said Leslie, yes!, how about we realize He did return and quit gazing around still looking for an event. How about we realize the New Wine has been poured into new wineskins( new creatures).  How about we realize when He cried out "it is finished," He meant it, it is completely completed and as Laurence would say, 'quit mucking around.' : )

View Kathy Bippus's Profile Search for other posts by Kathy Bippus
Vince Sucec

Posted: 12/01/2009 at 12:14pm | IP Logged Quote Vince Sucec

NEEDFUL THINGS - The Churchs' of Mary and Martha

"Now it came to pass, as they went, that he entered into a certain village: and a certain woman named Martha received him into her house. And she had a sister called Mary, which also sat at Jesus' feet, and heard his word. But Martha was cumbered about much serving, and came to him, and said, Lord, dost thou not care that my sister hath left me to serve alone? bid her therefore that she help me. And Jesus answered and said unto her, Martha, Martha, thou art careful and troubled about many things: But one thing is needful: and Mary hath chosen that good part, which shall not be taken away from her".

Luke 10:38-42

"It is finished!"  

Have we been charged with building the kingdom of God so that He will - HE CAN come again?

Sound familiar?

As if His coming is contingent upon human works  ...

If God has un-finished buisness it must mean that "buisness" that is un-finished will be something that the rest of the world - the other people - wont be ready for.... I mean time will be "up" right ???

Havent they been warned?

Then is our charge to again warn the other people to flee God's wrath - TO PREPARE THE WAY for a God who demands our works?   

Or is His Buisness something we dont completley understand yet - a business that has already been laid to rest - finished?

Edited by Vince Sucec on 12/01/2009 at 1:21pm

Julia Pletcher

Posted: 12/01/2009 at 2:12pm | IP Logged Quote Julia Pletcher

I cant explain it,,,, but in my innards i believe there will be a rapture.
 First when Noah was spared,,, yes  he wasn't put into apace capsule but he wasn't on the earth either. He  was' above" the earth nearby the sky so to speak...the wicked were under the waters of wrath dying. Noah was above the earth so to speak.
 Call it a stretch but that what i see.
 IM not sure when the rapture will be but i do believe its  coming. The great tribulation will be such a terrible time that im not sure people will even wantto live. IT will be the worst time this earth has EVER SEEN...
I believe the church goes through sufferings of many kinds and tribulation...but the Great tribulation is like no other.
 When it will be ? Before or during the T Rib?  I  dont know... but i believe we are going to get one... and a lot will be surprised. the pones that go and the ones that may be sadly left behind.

Kathy Bippus

Posted: 12/01/2009 at 3:01pm | IP Logged Quote Kathy Bippus

It seems that it is with these three( Martha, Mary and Lazarus), their lives, their home, He found a place to rest His head. : ) Not so much because of who they were, or did(doings) but because He could show Himself to be Who He is. "I Am the Resurrection and the Life"

Mary chose a beneficial thing, Martha chose a beneficial thing as well..as soon as she heard that Jesus was coming she went out and met Him, but Mary sat still(fixed) in the house. a bit later..Martha runs to Mary..the Master is come and He calls for you.

"Then is our charge to again warn the other people to flee God's wrath - TO PREPARE THE WAY for a God who demands our works?   

Or is His Buisness something we dont completley understand yet - a business that has already been laid to rest - finished? "

i'm with you on this Vince..our Kingdom(business) being sons of our Father's Kingdom is to proclaim in demonstration of Spirit and power, His Kindom...leavening the whole lump with "it is finished'..sowing His Kingdom on earth, therefore reaping His Kingdom on earth.

understanding His wrath as spoken of in revelation, we need understand the the Lamb of God Who bore the wrath of God, Who took the cup...the sinless, spotless Lamb of God Who takes away the sin of the world. He Who knew no sin became sin for us that we might be made the righteousness of God. He became the curse(death) for us that we receive blessing(Life). Who is now our High Priest after the order of Melchizedek...King of Peace, Jerusalem...New Jerusalem. John saw New Jerusalem coming down in Spirit. : )

it's a business that is already laid to rest..finished. only believe. whatever a man believes, he will act upon...will manifest his belief aka faith without works is dead. and we see some of the `why' as Leslie brought out in her statement/question "Is the church so screwed up that it can't change the earth and, therefore, needs to exit stage left and give it over to the enemy? How about we grow up into sons and daughters of God, become holy and pure vessels and then go kick some butt and bring the Kingdom of God to earth?"

Vince Sucec

Posted: 12/01/2009 at 3:38pm | IP Logged Quote Vince Sucec

Kathy ~ "... understanding His wrath as spoken of in revelation, we need understand the the Lamb of God Who bore the wrath of God, Who took the cup...the sinless, spotless Lamb of God Who takes away the sin of the world..."  

Yes it is interesting to me that John the Baptist said, "Who warned you to FLEE the wrath to come?" at first glance this dosent make much sense because arent we supposed to FLEE wrath ???

Unless we dont understand "wrath" thus creating a false polarity between the Lamb and Grace.  

Edited by Vince Sucec on 12/01/2009 at 3:40pm

Kathy Bippus

Posted: 12/01/2009 at 5:09pm | IP Logged Quote Kathy Bippus

first Vince, let me say, thank you for seeing past all the typo's i made lol but this one is pretty cool "His Kindom" eh? : )

you wrote "Yes it is interesting to me that John the Baptist said, "Who warned you to FLEE the wrath to come?" at first glance this dosent make much sense because arent we supposed to FLEE wrath ???"  lol excellent Vince! absolutely excellent! yes John the baptist who pointed to Him..the Lamb of God

yeah, the false polarity is propagated by/through unbelief : )

Edited by Kathy Bippus on 12/01/2009 at 5:12pm

Kevin D. James

Posted: 12/01/2009 at 5:17pm | IP Logged Quote Kevin D. James

I love those who believe in the rapture and gladly
embrace them as my precious brothers and sisters in
Christ.

However, I cannot accept the doctrine of the rapture, a
future coming 'man of sin', nor a future mark of the
beast. In essence, I can't accept FUTURISM.

Here are reasons why I can not accept modern beliefs
specifically 'futurism', its' secret rapture and coming
mark of the beast:

Revelation chapter 13 introduces the subject of 'the Mark
of the Beast'. It makes no difference whether one
embraces a pre-tribulation, mid-tribulation or post-trib
rapture position. All three groups believe in a future
'anti-Christ' led political and religious system that
will enforce 'a mark' on all citizens of the earth.
Here's where all three groups miss it:

1. The Greek word "charagma" χάραγμα, "mark" was used in
Revelation 13:16.

During the lifetime of John of Patmos, {the author
of the Book of Revelation} and those who lived in the 1st
and 2nd century, that word referred to an official
government imprint on documents or coins.

A 'charagma' or mark was the imperial seal of the Roman
Empire. In Latin it was called, 'libellatici', or
libellus, which means “certificate”.

Revelation 13:17-18, '...no one will be able to buy or to
sell, except the one who has the mark, either the name of
the beast or the number of his name.'

2. The charagma {mark} was relevant for believers of that
era. Saint John of Patmos was writing an urgent message
to believers in his lifetime - not to us.

Believers of his era had no choice but to accept the
charagma of the Roman government or die. They could
not buy, sell, or do business without an official
certificate issued by a Roman magistrate.

To receive the certificate bearing the seal of Rome was
an indication that the certificate holder had submitted
to (actually worshiped) the Emperor. Many cultures
worship their Emperor. Rome was no different.

Surprise, surprise - the mark of the beast has already
come and gone! First and second century believers fought
against the beast system and many lost their lives
refusing to worship the beast-like religious and
political system.

Today, many Christians are still living in submission to
the teachings and doctrines of the Nicolatians, Balaam
and the Harlot church system. As a result, God's children
will continue looking in heaven waiting on an event
instead of revealing the glory, the nature and kingdom of
Christ which is already present in us.

Reference Sources:

a. Volume V16, Page 538 of the 1911 Encyclopedia
Britannica.
http://encyclopedia.jrank.org/LEO_LOB/LIBELLATICI.html

b. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lapsi_(Christian)

c. The Original Catholic Encyclopedia
http://oce.catholic.com/index.php?
title=Libelli_and_Libellatici

d. The Concise Oxford Dictionary of the Christian Church
| 2000 | E. A. LIVINGSTONE
http://www.encyclopedia.com/doc/1O95-libellatici.html

Edited by Kevin D. James on 12/05/2009 at 10:34pm

Kevin D. James

Posted: 12/01/2009 at 11:16pm | IP Logged Quote Kevin D. James

Will flesh and blood inherit the kingdom of god? The
answer is NO.

I Corinthians 15:50(NKJV), 'Now this I say, brethren,
that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God;
nor does corruption inherit incorruption. 51) Behold, I
tell you a mystery: We shall not all sleep, but we shall
all be changed— 52 in a moment, in the twinkling of an
eye, at the last trumpet. For the trumpet will sound, and
the dead will be raised incorruptible, and we shall be
changed.

Do we not understand that carnality and the
physical body is not needed in the glory realm? Haven't
we read the scriptures telling us that 'corruption does
not inherit incorruption'? Mortality will not inherit
immortality?

CHANGE IN SUBSTANCE
There must be 'a change' as Paul so clearly explains!
This aging, unhealthy, imperfect vessel of flesh will not
be snatched and seized {harpazo} into the air for seven
years. Instead, there must be a change!

In verse 52 Saint Paul tells us that the dead will be
RAISED (not raptured) as an incorruptible-spirit body!

I Corinthians 15:44 NKJV '...It is sown a natural body,
it is raised a spiritual body. There is a natural body,
and there is a spiritual body.'

RESURRECTION OF THE DEAD AND THOSE WHO SLEEP
Saint Paul explains what happens in the resurrection and
on the Day of the Lord.

He uses the specific phrase 'resurrection of the dead'
(not a disappearing, vanishing, or rapture).
The resurrection of the dead is a doctrine held in
Rabbinic Judaism. Listen to Saint Paul;

I Corinthians 15:42,'So also is {the resurrection of the
dead}. The body is sown in corruption, it is raised in
incorruption. 43) It is sown in dishonor, it is raised in
glory. It is sown in weakness, it is raised in power. 44)
It is sown a natural body, it is raised a spiritual body.
There is a natural body, and there is a spiritual body.'

49 And as we have borne the image of the man of dust, we
shall also bear[f] the image of the heavenly Man.

MORTALITY MUST PUT ON IMMORTALITY (not disappear)

50) 'Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood
cannot inherit the kingdom of God; nor does corruption
inherit incorruption. 51) Behold, I tell you a mystery:
We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed— 52
in a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last
trumpet. For the trumpet will sound, and the dead will be
raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed. 53) For
this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this
mortal must put on immortality.'

Edited by Kevin D. James on 12/02/2009 at 9:42am

Vince Sucec

Posted: 12/02/2009 at 6:59am | IP Logged Quote Vince Sucec

Kevin very good points  ~

Futurism tends to push into the future the ramifications of his coming to the earth - Emmanuel, God is WITH US. 

If we deny the Present Manifestation of God then we delegate to the future an escapism - we must escape an evil projected as those others who are less than elite.

There is even a "christian" video game out now - shooting non-christians in the streets at the END OF DAYS

Edited by Vince Sucec on 12/02/2009 at 7:39am

Kevin D. James

Posted: 12/02/2009 at 8:53am | IP Logged Quote Kevin D. James

Vince, your comment is powerful! May I expound on your
theme?

I John 4:2-4, makes a clear distinction between pure
doctrine from the Spirit of God and false doctrine from
an antichrist spirit.To deny 'THE RIGHT NOW ABIDING
PRESENCE OF CHRIST' in His true temple is to embrace
anti-christ doctrine.

I John 4:2-4'Hereby know you the Spirit of God: Every
spirit that confesses that Jesus Christ IS COME in the
flesh is of God: 3 And every spirit that confesses not
that Jesus Christ IS COME in the flesh is not of God: and
this is that spirit of antichrist, where of you have
heard
that it should come; and even now already is it in the
world. 4 You are of God, little children, and have
overcome them: because greater IS HE that IS IN YOU, than
he that is in the world.'

{Comment: The phrase 'IS COME IN THE FLESH' suggests a
present tense reality. Christ is present right now in His
people! He came and IS NOW COME in the flesh.} Saint Paul
discovered this truth on the Damascus road, Acts 9,
'Saul, Saul, why do you persecute me? Saul was
persecuting believers therefore he was persecuting Christ
Himself.

How sad that the modern church does not discern the
Lord's body} I John 4:4 '...greater {IS He} who {IS} in
you than he who is in the world.'Comment: How can we deny
the 'IS COME' revelation?

It's no accident that in the same sentence where Saint
John speaks of antichrist spirits refusing to confess
that Christ "IS COME" in the flesh', John reminds us that
we've overcome that false doctrine because - greater IS
HE who is in us. How can we fail to see this beautiful
covenant connection between Jesus and His many membered
body?}

Wake up Ekklesia! You are an already 'called out,
snatched, seized and ransomed.

Christ has made His abode in you. For this reason, the
next event on the Master's calendar is the Marriage
Supper of the Lamb. There, we celebrate what has already
transpired at Calvary and through the New Birth!

Edited by Kevin D. James on 12/05/2009 at 10:42pm

Vince Sucec

Posted: 12/02/2009 at 10:09am | IP Logged Quote Vince Sucec

wow Kevin yes - He has come in the flesh ...

The Anti-Christ spirit is culminating in the futurist (militaristic) mentality that is created by a denial of the manifestation of God in our brothers.

Below expounds upon Emmanuel (God is WITH US) and His Nature

So if the Kingdom of God is in the future (the throne - the establishment of heaven) and we will, through working it slowly now, will meet a culmination of sorts, a line crossed, a critical mass reached - and then he will come in great fury and anger ???

I guess the point today is the same point that the disciples had – Lord pleeeeeease kick "their" butts!!!

See the point?

I mean if he kicks their butts now or in the future he is still coming to kick their butts right?

See the extra dimensional – timeless perspective of his throne?

His throne is outside of time – therefore in trying to establish his throne NOW - by pulling it into time, what is merciful becomes judgmental – by even ascending to his throne in time we are cast back down to earth –

- it is like Emmanuel was the ultimate Trojan Horse, by our own judgments (pulling his kingdom down) we are judged.  

Edited by Vince Sucec on 12/02/2009 at 10:27am

Julia Pletcher

Posted: 12/02/2009 at 12:59pm | IP Logged Quote Julia Pletcher

IM not  theologian or great  master of the bible... i cant even say im all that close to God our Father or hear Jesus speak to me clearly every day... I'm not one of those rare Christians that have those exceptional walks with Christ i would like to have...
 I just have my know er,,, in me and the bible. We do live in a Antichrist world where that spirit has been in force scene the days of Adam, The early church faced it in their day, who of us woudl have l,liked to lived in the days of Nero?    Many Antichrist have come and gone.. Hitler.. Stalin,,, many over the centuries...
 But The A.C THE . man of sin i believe is still to rise to power .  I dont know who he is and dont want to, propel speculate but no ones knows But God and whoever The Father may have revealed it to. He ha sent me.. But i believe whoever he is ,is is alive and ready to take his place on the world stage....

SO no i dont believe that all Jesus prophecies have been fulfilled,,, i believe much of the book of Rev us being currently fulfilled and would be  in a future date....

There is a rapture. We wont present a glorious earth's to Jesus but a destroyed weakened sad  earth with barely any faith left in it,, a WORLD HANGING ON TO BU A THREAD... i Believe there maybe Christians here,,, especially the 144 thousand Jewish men who i believe are probably evangelists...
But his bride will we with him and will come back with him on white horses....
 This my opinion,,,,, my inner belief right now and what i see is s most  close tot he truth.
 That begin said i have heard and believe there ill be more then likely a great outpouring of Gods spirit before the rapture. The bible speaks of a early and latter rain to bring in the ful harvest. The early rain being the birth of the church,,, the later rain has probably begun to fall ........  it may last three years..co siding with Jesus ministry,,, ( opinion again),,, then after this great harvest when the net is full and bursting,,, and before the really super serious stuff happens ( Gods wrath)  the rapture will happen...Again... not prophesying ,,just my own  belief...
 The thing is will every christian go?
This is where we have to examine our selves.
 I guess im  the only one here that believes like this,,,,

Kathy Bippus

Posted: 12/02/2009 at 2:58pm | IP Logged Quote Kathy Bippus

Kevin wrote, "How can fail to see this beautiful
covenant connection between Jesus and His many membered
body?}

Wake up Ekklesia! You are an already 'called out,
snatched, seized and ransomed. "

yes and set apart by the indwelling Spirit of His Son Who cries out, Abba Father in our hearts.

Vince, all : )  the Eternal entered time and as then, is now, God is with us in Spirit reconciling all things unto Himself.  His throne(rule/governing/kingdom) is established within us and through us. He is our Head, He is our Husband now. the sceptre of His throne is righteousness..that which makes the crooked places straight, being just.

mercy triumphed over judgment through Christ Jesus..the cross, death, burial and resurrection. if this oh so great salvation be disregarded, how will we flee? to whom can we go? there is no other deliverance, wholeness, there is no other authority given among men.  there is no other mediation.

now He has chosen in and through us, His habitation, to make Himself and His Kingdom known. being given the keys to the Kingdom/governing/rule of heaven(God), whatsoever we bind on earth is bound in heaven and whatsoever we loose on earth is loosed in heaven.

Life and death are in the power of the tongue..who can tame it? the Spirit of the Living God..out of the abundance of the heart, the mouth speaks. our words will locate our living out of. His Kingdom/governing/rule of Love, Life, Light or the kingdom of darkness..death, fear, unbelief, self-ish, pride, etc. just in this little tidbit of seeing, the kingdom of darkness for what it is..we can see why and where the doctrine of the rapture comes from. demonically inspired/looks like light, to kill, steal and destroy the seed/word of the Kingdom from within the hearts of men. doctrines of demons, traditions of men pervert to prevent the walking out on earth..kings and priests unto God..now. the doctrine will place it within a futuristic context, when it is all already completed in Christ( it is finished) and the sending of His Spirit..only believe! as man thinks in his heart, so is he.

if indeed "as He is so are we in this world"..and He is bodily Resurrected and seated at the right hand of Father and we are in Him and in this our Love is made perfect(consummated) and in this we have boldness in the day of judgment(Divine Law)...what is being said? and who is bewitching from the pure gospel..Christ Crucified, Christ the power of God, Christ the wisdom of God?

Kriston Couchey

Posted: 12/02/2009 at 3:17pm | IP Logged Quote Kriston Couchey

The flesh driven church has an aversion to persecution, and is desperately looking for an evil representative to fight in the flesh. They will get what they are looking for and get their behinds whooped. They have already taken the mark on their hand and forehead and been overcome(mans wisdom=forehead and mans works=hand). They have had the mark for 1700 years...

Meanwhile the true church that has no buildings, man-made organizations, rights, and tax status to defend will fully establish God's kingdom while the whore of Babylon (the flesh driven church)is being destroyed, as it has been put in the heart of the beast to do so... He always loves to torment the deceived and self serving...

Kris

Julie Gilbert

Posted: 12/02/2009 at 3:24pm | IP Logged Quote Julie Gilbert

Kris.. your explanation here resounds in my spirit.. you are spot on... this is why God is calling the true believers OUT of the system of church which is only the religious arm of the system of the world...

Your simple dialogue above clarifies so much for me.. thank you :)

Merry 'Jesus is the reason for the season' Christmas all!!

Kathy Bippus

Posted: 12/02/2009 at 4:43pm | IP Logged Quote Kathy Bippus

Kriston wrote, "mans wisdom=forehead and mans works=hand."

yes, the first adam.

what saddens me Kriston and i'm not pointing this out to you or about you or any such thing or way, but this is what we do..."it's they or them"  which  reveals the adamic nature still yet living, not reckoning/judging him as dead, crucified with Christ. though one may remove oneself from said, "buildings, man-made organizations, rights, and tax status" these things still exist within.  and so what is really the deeper issue?

Edited by Kathy Bippus on 12/02/2009 at 4:44pm

Kriston Couchey

Posted: 12/02/2009 at 5:09pm | IP Logged Quote Kriston Couchey

Kathy,

I understand what you are saying. These are just "holding places" externally for a those with heart that is far from God. I know "out of church" individuals that are as far from Father as anyone, and I know those still bound to the system who have right hearts.

The fact is, "they or them" exist as well as false structures. And whether the idolatry is in our hearts or manifest in our actions the same holds true for anything that is not of Him. That is why it is important to come out from among "her" in practice and in our hearts. The spiritual fall of Babylon is manifesting in the fall of the flesh of men.

I think it is important to recognize the spirit of Antichrist is simply manifests as this: ANYTHING that replaces or takes the place of Christ within His people. Antichrist means "instead of or in place of" In many cases today that is a false system that is oppressing and deceiving many with hearts to follow Father, but are bound by deception.

But there is a root which is in the heart that is not necessarily always manifested externally. This i believe is what you are talking about. It is the battle against this spirit in our own hearts. That spirit within wants to replace the reality of Christ in me with ANYTHING other then Christ himself and His kingship over my heart.

i fight that battle every day...

Kris

Kathy Bippus

Posted: 12/02/2009 at 6:42pm | IP Logged Quote Kathy Bippus

yeah, it's an issue of the heart, our not yet made new soul or renewed soul to His thoughts producing ways. i think Kevin and Vince brought this out earlier: anything that opposes, whether in word or deed, that Jesus is come in the flesh, is anti-christ. simply put, it is the governing of the flesh, instead of Christ Jesus and His Kingdom/Governing.

i am finding more and more, the gospel of His Kingdom is a Love that far surpasses them all : )

Leslie Grewing

Posted: 12/02/2009 at 7:05pm | IP Logged Quote Leslie Grewing

Julia, may I make a suggestion to you since you are a new participant on OH? A really good thing to begin doing when first coming onto this site is to read Ron McGatlin's Kingdom Growth Guides. They are really, really good and so very informative. Since you admit that you aren't a great biblical scholar, etc., then you might want to read the Kingdom Growth Guides. I'm promising you that they will change your life and probably give you a larger understanding of what God has designed you to do and be. If you read them then I think you will be understand some of the things that are spoken here. I'm reading them again and would enjoy discussing them with you if you'd like to do something like that. Whacha think?
Kevin D. James

Posted: 12/02/2009 at 7:32pm | IP Logged Quote Kevin D. James

'...I do not ask that thou mayest take them out of the world, but that thou mayest keep them out of the evil.'

{Comment: Our Lord was praying to the Father just before going to Calvary. Does  it sound  like He wants His people to disappear and vanish from the earth? What do you think?}

Judas (not Iscariot) had an interesting conversation with our Lord in John chapter 14:22. Look at the question he asked Messiah and notice the answer...

John 14:21, 'He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him. 22 Judas saith unto him, not Iscariot, Lord, how is it that thou wilt manifest thyself unto us, and not unto the world?

23 Jesus answered and said unto him, "If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him".

Pop Quiz:

- Did Judas want to know - how the Lord would {manifest Himself, reveal Himself, unveil Himself} to the disciples but not to the rest of the world?  (Select one: Yes or No)

- Did Jesus explain that He and the Father would {manifest themselves, reveal and unveil themselves} by making their abode in the disciples? (Select one: Yes or No)

-  Is it true, based on John 17:15, that Jesus Christ prayed to the Father asking that believers not be removed or taken away from the earth? (Select one: Yes or No)

< id="gwProxy" ="">< ="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" ="">
< id="gwProxy" ="">< ="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" ="">

Edited by Kevin D. James on 12/02/2009 at 8:24pm

Julia Pletcher

Posted: 12/03/2009 at 12:22am | IP Logged Quote Julia Pletcher

I cant promise anything. I have a very full plate taking care of my son and young daughter and i have a college girl at home..( another girl with tow kids i need to keep a eye on). i am a member of a art club and have exhausted myself trying to finish a Christmas painting,,tomorrow i have a meeting with help me grow people for my daughter,,,, Christmas shopping... decorating and baking and other books on my plate.
 I see that im not on the same growth level or thinking of most here... if this is a thing that continue where most have a different way of seeing things sych as The Antichrist,, rapture... ect all hot topics... and if cant find common ground i will have to stay with the topics i can participate in or may have to quietly leave,
Its OK if it ends up that way,,, people stick together in circles where they are like minded.
I have  come to the conclusion almost anyone can prove anything from the bible.  denominations are existing because of the mentality that they have the revelation, Books are written by the hundreds ion the christian subculture,,,many are very good, some are probably  man made and some perhaps wolves in sheep clothing ... some of a mixture, But i have heard it before" this is what the bible says.. and its from opposing views. In the end the controversy divides the body and people get offended.

I might find a place here... in the new year. I have a cyber home i have been at for about 4 years , its a christian dream site where im a part of their community and they know me quite well, But i like to find  new friends and not just stick to one board,. so i have been surfing here and there,

I  right now just believe int he rapture and that ts sound doctrine and will more then likely take place before the great trib., That does not mean  dont think Christians wont suffer persecution,,, before that.,.in America or go through some really tough and scary times... im just not sure we will fee the BIG TRIB.
 In the end , whats going to happen will happen... and me beliveing this wont change a thing. ....
 IM sorry im out of sync here with most. I agree many speak of things and its above my head.
 Thank u so kindly for the suggestion,,,,, if i can get slowed down a bit and settled some good reading may  be enjoyable his winter,,, Thank u,.

Leslie Grewing

Posted: 12/03/2009 at 5:31am | IP Logged Quote Leslie Grewing

Julia, I can see that you've got a busy month ahead of you and it's good that you are associated cyber-wise with folks. That's a good thing. Do you ever read Ron's weekly offerings? If I can make one last comment and then I'll leave you to your baking and decorating. Ron's Kingdom Growth Guides are more than good reading. I think they would/could change your life and help you encounter God in a way that you haven't. Perhaps when you have your quiet time you could pull up one of his articles and ask the Holy Spirit what it is that He wants you to know. By the by, Cooks.com is a good site for recipes for the holidays. However, I cheat and go to Sam's Club and get their $11 large metal boxes of German Christmas cookies.
Vince Sucec

Posted: 12/03/2009 at 8:23am | IP Logged Quote Vince Sucec

THE THRONE OF SECONDS

Kriston ~ The flesh driven church has an aversion to persecution, and is desperately looking for an evil representative to fight in the flesh.

Kathy ~  the doctrine will place it within a futuristic context, when it is all already completed in Christ ( it is finished) 

Kevin ~ Is it true, based on John 17:15, that Jesus Christ prayed to the Father asking that believers not be removed or taken away from the earth?

All revelation and wisdom of the nature of Emmanuel.

If I deny that the manifestation of God has come to the flesh then I will look for an evil representative because I am denying Emmanuel God is with US.

Jesus coming to the flesh - is completion, it is perfect in its grace - there is no law above it, no criteria for OUR acceptence.

Jesus coming to the flesh reveals to us the Ancient of Days - that at the End of Days we need not be removed  from the earth to avoid his wrath ~ but that wrath is already upon those who judge others.

The spirit of antichrist denies that Jesus Christ has come to the flesh therefore re-placing his throne with the One who has always ruled in humility.

The spirit of anti-christ is being cast down from the 2nd "heavens" as we give rightful place to the lowly carpenter.

In the first heaven everyone is first.

Edited by Vince Sucec on 12/03/2009 at 8:53am

Kriston Couchey

Posted: 12/03/2009 at 10:30am | IP Logged Quote Kriston Couchey

Vince Sucec wrote:
The Anti-Christ spirit is culminating in the futurist (militaristic) mentality that is created by a denial of the manifestation of God in our brothers.

I would add that racism is the height of Antichrist expression.

Not all are our brothers, but some are sons of their father the devil

He answered and said unto them, He that soweth the good seed is the Son of man; The field is the world; the good seed are the children of the kingdom; but the tares are the children of the wicked one;The enemy that sowed them is the devil; the harvest is the end of the world; and the reapers are the angels. As therefore the tares are gathered and burned in the fire; so shall it be in the end of this world.

Lets not pretend there is no judgment or wrath for men who refuse to believe in the Lord Jesus. Mens sins have been Paid for, but now judgment is according to those who believe and those who do not.

There are too many scriptures of seasons of tribulation and wrath to be using theological gymnastics to make God in the image we want Him to be in.

We must enter fully into the provision in Christ ALREADY MADE AND OURS by faith. It IS finished. But it is not manifest yet. Let's not pretend it is for anyone on the earth who does not repent. Let us make our calling and election sure. And save as many as will believe.

Kris

Edited by Kriston Couchey on 12/03/2009 at 4:45pm

Vince Sucec

Posted: 12/03/2009 at 11:41am | IP Logged Quote Vince Sucec

Edited by Vince Sucec on 12/03/2009 at 12:04pm

Kriston Couchey

Posted: 12/03/2009 at 1:04pm | IP Logged Quote Kriston Couchey

When he opened the fifth seal, I saw under the altar the souls of those who had been slain because of the word of God and the testimony they had maintained. They called out in a loud voice, "How long, Sovereign Lord, holy and true, until you judge the inhabitants of the earth and avenge our blood?"

John 3:36 NIV

Whoever believes in the Son has eternal life, but whoever rejects the Son will not see life, for God's wrath remains on him."

[God's Wrath Against Mankind] The wrath of God is being revealed from heaven against all the godlessness and wickedness of men who suppress the truth by their wickedness,

Romans 2:5 NIV

But because of your stubbornness and your unrepentant heart, you are storing up wrath against yourself for the day of God's wrath, when his righteous judgment will be revealed.

Romans 2:8 NIV

But for those who are self-seeking and who reject the truth and follow evil, there will be wrath and anger.

Ephesians 5:6 NIV

Let no one deceive you with empty words, for because of such things God's wrath comes on those who are disobedient.

5 Put to death, therefore, whatever belongs to your earthly nature: sexual immorality, impurity, lust, evil desires and greed, which is idolatry. 6 Because of these, the wrath of God is coming.

1 Thessalonians 1:10 NIV

and to wait for his Son from heaven, whom he raised from the dead--Jesus, who rescues us from the coming wrath.

For you, brothers, became imitators of God's churches in Judea, which are in Christ Jesus: You suffered from your own countrymen the same things those churches suffered from the Jews, 15 who killed the Lord Jesus and the prophets and also drove us out. They displease God and are hostile to all men 16 in their effort to keep us from speaking to the Gentiles so that they may be saved. In this way they always heap up their sins to the limit. The wrath of God has come upon them at last.

Revelation 6:17 NIV

For the great day of their wrath has come, and who can stand?"

A third angel followed them and said in a loud voice: "If anyone worships the beast and his image and receives his mark on the forehead or on the hand, 10 he, too, will drink of the wine of God's fury, which has been poured full strength into the cup of his wrath. He will be tormented with burning sulfur in the presence of the holy angels and of the Lamb.

Revelation 16:19 NIV

The great city split into three parts, and the cities of the nations collapsed. God remembered Babylon the Great and gave her the cup filled with the wine of the fury of his wrath.

Revelation 19:15 NIV

Out of his mouth comes a sharp sword with which to strike down the nations. "He will rule them with an iron scepter." He treads the wine press of the fury of the wrath of God Almighty.

I am sure you have read all of these verses before, they are POST cross verses. I think that regardless of the way in which the powerless kingdom teachers who want to hold to a doctrine of their own making, it is obvious, even with their choosing to interpret the Greek their own way, that God is not expressing delight when He is pouring out "wrath" at an appointed time, and not just on Jerusalem in 70 ad.

This error of God not caring and ignoring the blatant rebellion of men anymore because Christ paid the price is simply a doctrine of demons. As a matter of fact men are MORE culpable and under more of a judgment because the way has been made alreay in Christ

Therefore, there is now NO CONDEMNATION for those who are in Christ Jesus.
Notice.... For those who are in Christ Jesus. Whoa to those who are not, for if we who are of him are barely saved? what will the end result be for the world.

Behold both the kindness AND the severity of God, Kindness to those who repent and believe, and severity toward those who do not!

Kris

Kriston Couchey

Posted: 12/03/2009 at 2:57pm | IP Logged Quote Kriston Couchey

Here is the error of certian kingdom teachers who have made up thier minds they want to believe something regardless of the truth

They take one scripture that fits what they want to believe. then they nullify any modifying scripture that clarifies further what God is trying to say in the testimony of scripture.

Example: Chrsit died for all and bore the wrath of God for all mankind. True! 

False Conclusion: all are saved regardless of whether they believe or not...

Modifying truth found in MANY, MANY, MANY, places in scriptures: Salvation is only to those who believe. I am not addressing UR teaching neccessarily. I am addressing the way in which we are saved. There are those who teach salvation is not dependant upon faith because of the false conclusion they make over ONE scripture. This is a lie!

Romans 1:16 NIV

I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile.

This is the clarifying truth that is jettisoned in error by those who are like blind teachers leading the blind... It happens the same in cults and divisive denominations.

So when it comes to the subject of God's wrath the same error is in place. Even using obscure greek meanings cannot change this truth in scripture...

Funny how some theologians establish error by quoting scripture and then scripture is ignored to believe the lie...

I am not sorry if this is offensive, there is error that will siderack and and hinder many people for the destiny they have in Christ if they will continue to cling to doctrines and not Christ Himself.

Kriston

Kathy Bippus

Posted: 12/03/2009 at 4:47pm | IP Logged Quote Kathy Bippus

agree Leslie, the Kingdom Growth Guides are an excellent tool which Holy Spirit has used and uses : )

the former and latter rain came in the pouring out of Holy Spirit to dwell within. the former rain was moderate..Holy Spirit came upon some men/women. He now abides within and upon men/women, being baptized, fully whet, immersed. Peter rose up and said " This is that which was spoken by the prophet Joel..." 

in Holy Spirit came the Kingdom/government/rule of God. the Kingdom of God is.. righteousness, peace and joy in Holy Spirit.

if you read through the first chapter of the book of Acts, Jesus with the disciples spoke with them things pertaining to the Kingdom of God. the disciples still yet did not understand the coming Governing/Kingdom in Holy Spirit and sought naturally a natural restoration of the rule(kingdom) of Israel as a nation favored above the nations. But He was not speaking naturally nor of natural Israel. He spoke of a Spirit birthed nation being born in a day. He told them to wait for the promise ( the announcement) of the Father which the delegation of times and seasons was in His authority.  when Jesus was taken up/seized up and they stood gazing up into heaven, two angels stood and said, "why stand you here gazing up into heaven? This same Jesus which was taken up from you into heaven, will so come in like manner as you have seen Him go."

He returned in the same manner which they had beheld. the Resurrected Life of Christ Jesus came in the Person of Holy Spirit, of Whom they received.  in Him came the Governing/Kingdom of God/Heaven, of which Jesus spoke, taught, preached and demonstrated.

having shared this, it is Holy Spirit Who convinces. It is finished, the whole of creation and we within ourselves groan for, look for in patient hope, expecting fully the manifestation( unveiling) of the sons of God. The sinless, spotless Lamb will live His Life in and through. carnality, earthly, fleshly = corruption(adam) gives way to incorruption(Last Adam). doctrines of men, doctrines of demons and traditions of men that have occupied, gives way to the knoweldge of the Truth.

~if you abide in my Divine Expression then are you My disciples indeed; and you will know the Truth and the Truth will make you free.~

His Kingdom is increasing(rising) within and will increase(rise) without(externally). it is a Glorious Mountain that lays to waste all other mountains.

being sons of a King Who owns the earth and the fullness thereof..we will walk as such, we will speak as such ..laying claim, His claim to.  it is not that God is doing something new, it is that we have not gone this way before and so new to us. Holy Spirit is leading. : )

first things first..there must be a death before there can be a resurrection. we must be willing to die to all that one may hold to, all that one may think one knows. Except a grain of corn fall into the ground and die, it abides alone. but if it die, it brings forth much fruit. death, burial, resurrection.

a good read is Matt.5 : )

p.s that grain of corn is one hardshell( pride of man)  ....but thanks be unto God Who gives us the victory through Christ Jesus our Lord! Glory to God!

i've been writing here and there while doing other things, so not sure where this will be on the thread. i may have missed some other posts.

Kriston Couchey

Posted: 12/03/2009 at 8:10pm | IP Logged Quote Kriston Couchey

After coming on so strongly let me explain a few things. I am not a doom and gloom end of the world person. I do not relish the destruction and judgment of the wicked.

I speak what I do about wrath and judgment because of what I know in my spirit is true by what i have been taught by the Lord, and that is also witnessed to by the testimony of scripture.

Wrath is not for sons. This particular hour is not the day of wrath as it relates to the world. It is a day of purifying as it relates to the church.

We have entered this season already and Father in great love and tenderness is bringing his people to himself and purifying them. He is judging people within the walls of the church and sifting them as wheat. It is also having a collateral effect on the world. as what He is doing is shaking the very earth and it's foundations.

When He is done with this, He will turn His attention to the world. And through his people He will make known His goodness and mercy, and also His justice. We will see the wrath of God upon unrepentant wickedness in this time. You will see it also in the church as well as it pertains to rebellion and lack of repentance.

This is not about some theology that determines to exact punishment on evil in enjoyment. Nor does the theology that clears everyone of all wrongs and sees no evil have any viability. Christ made a way to God, and came to make us righteous in practice and enable us to walk Holy as sons. There is a greater wrath for the earth today then in the days of Noah. I don't care who doesn't like to hear this. Greater light, greater glory, greater judgment.

God is bringing His glory to bear and it will destroy wickedness as a fire consumes dead wood. In the days of Noah water, and in the days of sons it is fire.

Kris

Kathy Bippus

Posted: 12/03/2009 at 10:32pm | IP Logged Quote Kathy Bippus

Kriston wrote, "God is bringing His glory to bear and it will destroy wickedness as a fire consumes dead wood. In the days of Noah water, and in the days of sons it is fire. "

fully agree. and fully agree about UR being a false teaching. Salvation/deliverence comes to those who appropriate Him and adhering to through faith. which faith which works by Love produces obedience to Father.

from what i am coming to understand Kriston is that His wrath is not as man might would equate..but is a violent passion executing righteousness. so, yes..we co-labor with Him in it. there has been the patient awaiting of the mature fruit.

i would also add the chaff(junk) is being removed from those who are without the four walls...maturing in Love. which really, who or what can stand against?

i look at it this way..you can't kill a dead man. you can't offend a dead man.  a dead man is not puffed up, a dead man doesn't demand his rights..etc. he's already laid down his life. a dead man doesn't go his own way. he'd have to be carried. it is by His Spirit we are borne/carried..not by might nor by power but by My Spirit says the Lord. how can we execute righteous judgment when adam(the adamic nature) is still alive and kicking?

there is so much more, soooo much more if we would but reckon our-self dead and alive unto God through Christ Jesus...put on the Lord Jesus Christ.

Ken Hornsby

Posted: 12/04/2009 at 7:35am | IP Logged Quote Ken Hornsby

Kathy, You are correct in understanding that what/the manner in which man has equated as wrath is incorrect. It is His passion, in both Hebrew and Greek. I am not a linguist or a theologian, nor do I need to twist their meanings to fit my image of God. Christians and non-christians alike need to have their image of God re-shaped by God Himself, not by religion, church, or any other doctrine. Wrath, in Greek, is where we get our word "orgy" - can we selah on that one awhile? Wrath is the full weight of God's passion "poured out/directed at" that which is bringing harm to the object of His desire. My wording could be better there - I'll edit it later - but you get the idea. His wrath is poured out against sin. He doesn't love us one minute and whack us the next. But we may feel His wrath within us as the old dies away. And being dead - yes! Dead men have no rights. If that is us, then it would preclude us from standing on the sideline cheering scripture as we watch God whacking everyone else who doesn't believe as we do.

In His Great Love,

Ken

View Ken Hornsby's Profile Search for other posts by Ken Hornsby
Tina Dean

Posted: 12/04/2009 at 7:45am | IP Logged Quote Tina Dean

It is simply amazing to me to see so many people creating God in and by their own image.  The Holy Spirit is quite capable of saying what He means and meaning what He said.  Then and now.

This is a HOLY GOD folks.  When the GLORY falls you will see just how HOLY.  Now is not the time to play patty cake and entertain the I'm good, you're good, we're all good mentality.  It is time to weep between the porch and the altar and submit to His dealings and His process to eradicate SIN in each of us

His wrath IS being and WILL be poured out on those who are disbelieving and outside of His grace, friend and foe alike.  We cannot water Him down and make Him neutered.  It doesn't work that way, and it never has.

We will enjoy all that He has set forth in HIS Word, IF we meet HIS requirements, and by HIS set process, not those of our own ideologies of His requirements.

Edited by Tina Dean on 12/04/2009 at 2:19pm

View Tina Dean's Profile Search for other posts by Tina Dean
Vince Sucec

Posted: 12/04/2009 at 8:26am | IP Logged Quote Vince Sucec

amen and amen ... good news ...

Edited by Vince Sucec on 12/04/2009 at 8:39am

Ken Hornsby

Posted: 12/04/2009 at 9:06am | IP Logged Quote Ken Hornsby

The Holy Spirit is more than capable!.....unfortunately, religion - worst of all churchianity has been most guilty of watering Him down and neutering Him. Too many Christians have mixed their religious/church understanding with what the Holy Spirit has/is truly saying and the result is a convoluted mixture. God is holy. But His holiness and His passion will neither allow Him to play patty cake nor cops and robbers.  Before Jesus was crucified, He spoke some pretty amazing things that, if not twisted, misquoted or taken out of context, are often times - conveniently perhaps - not in our Christianese repetoire. In John 13 He says "A new commandment I give you, that you love one another, even as I have loved you, that the world may know you are my disciples." 1. Jesus loves us first. 2. We are to love one another just as He loves us. 3. By this the world knows we are His disciples.      I don't think the world knows we are His disciples yet, at least not in the context of this scripture. 1. We really haven't grasped this truth yet. 2. Christians can't even love one another, let alone love one another as Christ loves them. 3. The world is not interested in Christ because they have grown weary of bigoted Christians trying to beat them into submission with their big, fat black Bible. Religion demands that it be right, and uses control, manipulation and fear as it's conversion tactics. Does that "work?" God/Christ/Holy Spirit offer mercy, grace, love and relationship. He works that way. He always has.

Jesus knows me, this I love........He tells me so.

In His Great Love,

Ken

Tina Dean

Posted: 12/04/2009 at 9:11am | IP Logged Quote Tina Dean

Really?  Go back into history at who the Lord used the most and read their words again and tell me if they were not walking and talking in love.  And they all carried big sticks and big Bibles.

God IS love and He does NOT spare the rod in order to spoil the child...the world does that.

Those who get in your face the most are the ones who love you the most.  That is the truth!  They care more about you than those who want to simply appeal to your flesh and who are afraid to risk your rejection.

Julia Pletcher

Posted: 12/04/2009 at 9:30am | IP Logged Quote Julia Pletcher

Tina this is true,,,'
 But people if they feel they are not being loved will shrink away. I'm the kind of person who  has a problem with strong,, overpowering woman... i rebel inside for some reason and my hearer will go off... but God seems t o often use gentle, mother like women to talk to me. They may say things that are hard but in the manner of gentleness and love and when i hear the Love in the words and feel it my hearer hopes back on.

I think God uses different approaches  to get people to listen. Some wont listen unless a tough non nose sen person speaks in their face so these people are needed. But others are needed that use a gentler,,, approach.
 This is why a person must listen inside and be able to hear the Lord on how to talk to a person about Jesus... Some hard... bible thumping is needed for some  people.... but others just wantto feel the hug of the Lord and it just melts their hearts....

Edited by Julia Pletcher on 12/04/2009 at 9:31am

Ken Hornsby

Posted: 12/04/2009 at 10:39am | IP Logged Quote Ken Hornsby

I have found that those who get in my face "in the name of love" are most interested in appeasing their own fleshly, religious motives. This is what religion does. Religion is very appealing to the flesh; that's why there are so many of them. If someone doesn't like mine, they'll just go make up another one. Jesus came to rescue us from sin and show us the way to the Father that loves us. Looking back into history, God has always been about relationship. He shows us this through His pure love which is in Christ. Mankind equates his understanding of love with this and it doesn't work. God did not send Himself (Jesus) to save us from a schizophrenic, abusive father, who one day wants to destroy us and the next day is endeared to us. God is always endeared to us - always. He wants to save us from sin, and He sent Jesus to show us the way. If His true, pure love is in us, we don't need books or sticks to convince anyone else that He is. If He is present within us, upon us - He does the convincing through love. I say "if" - I really should say "since." Sadly, there is much abuse that takes place in the Name of a Holy, Righteous and Loving Father because it is "if" and not since. When a person isn't interested in the "if" Jesus, we resort to strong arm tactics - power evangelism?.. to try to convince them otherwise. If the person is not interested in the "since" Jesus that can be clearly seen within us and upon us, we should simply walk away. It is about Him, after all; not us. If it wasn't accomplished by Him and through Him, I'm not going to try to one-up Him.

In His Great Love,

Ken

Julia Pletcher

Posted: 12/04/2009 at 11:17am | IP Logged Quote Julia Pletcher

Love from Jesus has bound me closer to him. I have been saved scene i was about 14, I have seen God do wonderful things for me. He has saved me from the miry clay many times.
But the last 1 0 years scene my son was diagnosed by man as autistic and especially the last 5 when everything  was once storm aft yer another,,and then the last-three when i felt i was in a full blown tornado... God came with Love. He didn't tell me how mad i was when i was sinning in my misery,,, but how he wanted to restore me and loved me and wanted a better life and that  he could fix what was happeneing if i w would work with him.
He started to pout real tangible love into me and  sent people into my life to speak life( many on the internet) and to pray for me and my son. He sent me books and cds... he sent me  gifts through christian friends on the Internet.... i was even given  what i  believe were prophetic words,,a nd words of wisdom.... I started to melt under the hand of his love.
 It took about three years to pull me out of the deep depression and hopelessness i was in and faith began to rise in my heart as i saw Jesus working . Especially in regards to my beloved son. I saw Miracles happen through the power of prayer... im still seeing them.....
 Then it started to getting in my heart that he really loved me and that he was really watching me and my son and we were on his heart. We went a number but real to him and that  he had a great plan for our lives and that if i would believe and trust him i would see something happen... a miracle.

For me that was love. love love... even q when i was unlovely...  he still chose love and not a hard hand...
  The last year i have been in christian counseling where the power of prayer is utilized and i have seen the great test change in my life.
 From time to time w would read a story about a christian who was in hell and that put the fright into me and i think i need that sometimes.... so it wasn't all cuddles. But then i would be brought back to his all consuming love that is so addicting ,,that i cant live  in this life without him. Him and his angels with me and my children,,working things out and  Being Jesus... Love. Thats what captured my heart.

Tina Dean

Posted: 12/04/2009 at 11:22am | IP Logged Quote Tina Dean

Julia~

I get that one hundred percent.  When I speak out the things the Lord gives me to speak I speak it how I get it.  If it is given strong and forceful I give it that way....if I get it gentle and soft I give it that way too.

I have been broken down to the uttermost to be a vessel that sounds forth His words not mine.  He decides to what wattage it goes out and He has His reasons.

If you knew me as as person you would know that I am all about love and kindness, but I cannot interject 'my' desires into it when speaking His words.  His Word IS LOVE at all times whether soft and gentle or stern and strong.

That is why He uses all of us because we will be to 'someone' exactly what they need us to be and in the right timing.

Blessings to you.....

Kriston Couchey

Posted: 12/04/2009 at 1:18pm | IP Logged Quote Kriston Couchey

Father is the most wonderful loving embracing and gentle being in existence. He is smitten by the widow and the fatherless. He is close to the downcast and brokenhearted.

It is also recorded in scripture; Woe to him by whom offense comes to his little ones. It would be better for them to have millstone tied on their neck and cast into the sea.

Father brings wrath for love, and that wrath doesn't look too good at times. Ananias and Syphyra found out. God not evil or is He vindictive. But it is love that causes Him to release wrath. He did not want to let the leaven of wickedness destroy the work done by the spirit through the early church.

The martyred under the altar are crying for vengeance, and God will give it to them against the wicked. For love, FOR THOSE WHO ARE HIS! We need to understand that God is love as a foundation. And we need to understand for love and mercy He will not let people continue to offend his little ones. I can be a little one if my heart remains as a child.

God is good, NO QUESTION. And He does not take pleasure in the death of the wicked. We cannot define fully the reality of who He is. My point is that to make unilateral statements that there will be no more wrath which is not biblical, and this lie is the building blocks of great error running rampant in the church (UR) is not being true to scripture or the witness of the Holy spirit as to what God will do in wrath to bring holiness and wholeness to his beloved.

I know from experience and from the Lord himself, He gets angry, and He hates with a passion certain things. And do you know he even dislikes certain people because they become in the likeness of their father the devil. That is what repentance is about. Lets not dumb down His person with doctrines created passed by others, but learn to hear what God says personally to us as to who He is, with the scripture as a testimony.

Here are the two words given for wrath in the NT

2372 yumov thumos thoo-mos'

AV-wrath 15, fierceness 2, indignation 1; 18
1) passion, angry, heat, anger forthwith boiling up and soon subsiding again
2) glow, ardour, the wine of passion, inflaming wine (which either drives the drinker mad or kills him with its strength)

3709 orgh orge or-gay'

AV-wrath 31, anger 3, vengeance 1, indignation 1; 36

1) anger, the natural disposition, temper, character
2) movement or agitation of the soul, impulse, desire, any violent emotion, but esp. anger
3) anger, wrath, indignation
4) anger exhibited in punishment, hence used for punishment itself
4a) of punishments inflicted by magistrates

The central meaning of the word is not just passion....

Kris

Kathy Bippus

Posted: 12/04/2009 at 1:54pm | IP Logged Quote Kathy Bippus

yes Ken, we have to be willing to lay down everything..including our biblology : ) which you described very well in "religious/churchianity". religious churchianity runs deep, deeper than what we may yet realize, but He is exposing it for what it is..not Him. Praise God! if we understand His rod is righteouness then it is within the context of right-relationship, right-relating. it is not a rod used to beat one under subjection or into obedience. Jesus learned obedience through the things He suffered. He became man..think about that  for a minute or two or longer lol He knew what it was to be tempted far above anything anyone here has encountered.  the temptation to ` let this cup pass from me'. so strong was the temptation, He sweat great drops of blood. no one here has yet resisted their own will, going their own way, until  sweating great drops of blood.

now we have to stop and think on all this for a moment, or two or longer : ) He took the cup of the wrath of God for us. He became sin Who knew no sin. He became the curse. the wrath of God has been and is fully satisfied in the sacrificial Lamb. if we really know this to be True, intimately..we are lifted up into a Life that far surpasses the thoughts and ways of man(adam).

adam, the adamic nature runs deep...but deeper still runs the Blood of the Lamb Who has redeemed us unto God. 

let me share this, after first calling upon God, i knew nothing of a `sinners prayer', i knew nothing of scripture. Jesus came into my life and delivered me and gave me a new desire. i still did not understand it. two weeks later, after reading a book and this guy kept talking about Holy Spirit..all i knew is, `i want that!' i did not know He is a Person. so in my child like trust, i thought to myself..i will go pee, cuz i needed to lol, i will pray and ask for Holy Spirit and then i will go and tell my dad. and that is exactly what happened. an Endless River flowed within, over and upon..a Pure River of Love.  who knew?! who knew i could be SOOOOOOOOO Loved! i had never been told, i had never heard, up until that time. a short time later, reading about heaven in the scriptures..well it scared me because i didn't understand it and the things of this earth was all i had known. and then i seen Him..in all His Glory. all He is, totally enveloped me, totally filled me. i was in Him, He was in me..one.  His Love, Who He is, removed fear. 

that of course was not the end but the beginning. i eventually, as you shared Ken, became 'churched.'  i'll just say, there is alot of stinkin' thinkin'  that hides itself in the guise/masquerading of Holy Spirit or in His Name...looks like light and is not. i will say this too and this is not directed at anyone here in anyway, shape or form, but if it speaks to, then so be it, even as i will allow it to speak to me. brokeness does not have to proclaim itself broken. the fragrance of Christ will flow out of a broken vessel that will linger in the nostrils of those around. just as Mary broke the alabaster box and anointed Him for His burial and the fragrance filled the room. not that she knew that is what she was doing, she was pouring out her most costly thing upon Him. she was giving Him her present and future..all she had, all she was, is His. the Greater One had come and He was worthy of it all.

it is the surrendered will to the will of Father that manifests Christ..not the `stuff' we've been through. if however, in and through the `stuff' we have learned to be His Divine Expression through the surrendering our own will, humility...then Christ is being seen and heard, smelled, tasted, touched. these five are the equivalent of Grace, that being His Divine Expression within and through ones life.

blessings all,

Tina Dean

Posted: 12/04/2009 at 2:13pm | IP Logged Quote Tina Dean

Well said Kriston!  To God be the Glory!!

Ken Hornsby

Posted: 12/04/2009 at 2:24pm | IP Logged Quote Ken Hornsby

Kathy, You said "Now we have to stop and think..." (2nd paragraph) Yes! To tag onto that, 2 very important points that real messes up our religion. 1. The crucifixion didn't kill Jesus. When He said "It is finished." He was referring to the completion of His consuming the cup of wrath, and the completion of the sacrifice. And it was neither of those that killed Him - He had to bear up under it so it could be fulfilled. Only after it was completed did He say "It is finished." Then He willing died and offered up His Spirit to the Father. 2. Within the sacrifice was the despising of the shame. Religion wants to keep us in shame: "I'm not worthy; I can never do enough; I I I , me me me." He took care of that! Shame teaches us that there still has to be a wrath to come because it is deserved. Adam and Eve didn't hide because they sinned. They hid because they were filled with shame. Jesus redeemed everything at the cross that was lost at the fall. Religion really gets that mixed up, and it twists His words to make it fit fleshly understanding. We don't have to live in shame anymore. Our shame - which He already took care of - feeds our need to put others under shame and condemnation. Sad. There are word to a song that keeps going through my mind "I don't have time to maintain these regrets (sorrow, shame) when I think about the way He love us! Oh! How He loves us!

In His Great Love,

Ken

Edited by Ken Hornsby on 12/04/2009 at 2:26pm
Tina Dean

Posted: 12/04/2009 at 2:29pm | IP Logged Quote Tina Dean

Ken~

With all due respect I hate religion and the religious spirits who inspire it.  I have done battle with it at every turn and I totally get why you detest it as well......but that does not give us license to change God or His ways to suit our particular prejudices or areas of woundedness.  We must still be about the WHOLE counsel of God.

You misunderstand where I am coming from greatly, but that is okay, for I am not above my Master, and I will suffer just as He did in my going.

Blessings to you.

Ken Hornsby

Posted: 12/04/2009 at 2:43pm | IP Logged Quote Ken Hornsby

Tina, With all due respect, I am not interested in changing God, His ways, or His counsel. I am not above thinking that I greatly misunderstand where you are coming from. But neither do I think that the prevalent church view that people have of the Wholeness of God has escaped the confines of religion and its fleshly dictates. The church continues to focus on the church, and is missing the reality of the Love of the Father and the Truth of His Kingdom.

In His Great Love,

Ken

Tina Dean

Posted: 12/04/2009 at 2:48pm | IP Logged Quote Tina Dean

I am not focused on the church I am focused on Him.  When you do that He shows you all of who He is.  And He isn't letting me escape any of the preparation process I can assure you. 

Kathy Bippus

Posted: 12/04/2009 at 4:32pm | IP Logged Quote Kathy Bippus

Jesus did not dislike people, He Loves. He detests the thought producing ways of man(adamic nature). He will remove unrighteous/ unrighteousness, adhering to, loving their darkness rather than Light. it is not His wrath which does so, His wrath has been fully satisfied in Christ. yes He hates sin(pride of man, which is the going ones own way. what is right in his own eyes..etc.) the Good News is He nailed him(adam) to a tree. all the passions of adam..the lust of the eyes, the lust of the flesh and the pride of life has been crucified, no longer having dominion over.

Ananias and Sapphira were an example of His Love, His Goodness, His Mercy that far surpasses our own thinking. the Governing of God had come in Holy Spirit. He removed unbelief from propagating throughout the early church. 

Jeffrey Stewart

Posted: 12/04/2009 at 6:23pm | IP Logged Quote Jeffrey Stewart

"I am Love and I am Holy.  Most people have trouble understanding the two.  They are one.  My Love is all consuming.  It consumes all.  It consumes that which is Love and that which is not Love.   If a Christian were placed in My Presence, He would be consumed, but live, because He is of the same substance as Me,  Love.  If a non Christian were placed in My Presence, He would be consumed, and die, because he is of a different substance.  It is out of Mercy that I isolate myself in Heaven, for the very mountains would melt in my presence, and all would be consumed.  So My Holiness can be understood in terms of My Love, because Love is My Very Nature.  The closest analogy to My Love on earth is Fire.  The characteristics of Fire are analogous to My Holiness.

When you say I do not dislike people, you would be wrong.  I love all, but I do not associate with all.   I made man in My Image.  I invented the concept of Friendship.  And there are those I do not associate with.    I reach out to them, but at a distance, particularly those who are proud.  My Word even says "The Lord knows the proud from afar off".  

Edited by Jeffrey Stewart on 12/04/2009 at 6:25pm

The secret of great faith is being fully convinced of His great faithfulness to keep His Word.
View Jeffrey Stewart's Profile Search for other posts by Jeffrey Stewart Visit Jeffrey Stewart's Homepage
Kathy Bippus

Posted: 12/04/2009 at 10:39pm | IP Logged Quote Kathy Bippus

i hear what you are saying Jeffrey, there may not be certain things i like about people, and taking it one step further, Love about people, but do Love them. the reason i say about is because it is sin and death He hates, not people. and yes, His Love, which is Who He is, is pure, holy, undefiled, unadulterated..there is no love like unto His Love. and yes, pride keeps us afar from Him and the reason a broken and contrite heart He will not despise because it is a heart that draws near to Him. He deeply feels the pain of loss of Love being reciprocated. it is our heart He is after and He does reveal the `why we do what we do.' 

Kevin D. James

Posted: 12/08/2009 at 12:18am | IP Logged Quote Kevin D. James

Great stuff here people! I'm going revisit this rapture
concept briefly and put it to rest.

I Thessalonians 4:16 tells us, “For the Lord Himself will
descend from heaven with a voice, with a shout and with
voice of the Archangel and the trumpet of God”.

Underline these very important words:

a)     ‘voice’,
b)     ‘shout’
c)     ‘voice of the Archangel and trump (shofar) of
God’.

What do we recognize here? What common characteristic in
a voice, a shout and a trumpet message can we identify?

Are they not are vocal activities! Each connotates an
activity with the mouth. An activity whereby sound, a
voice and a word is released "OUT" of the mouth. Even the
sounding of the shofar blast requires using the mouth.
Can we see this?

So what's happening? The Lord Himself is descending in
the form of a mighty Word from heaven! Unfortunately, the
Christian church does not fully understand that the Word
of God - is God. (John 1:1-3) We don't get it. As a
result, institutional religion has produced portraits of
a physical Jesus descending from heaven in a white and
purple robe. But scripture does not support that image.
The Lord will descend in the form of a voice, a shout and
prophetic shofar blast.

Indeed, He is coming in the volume of the Book as Saint
Paul wrote in Hebrews 7:1. We have seen other paintings
of Jesus coming back riding on a white horse with
thousands of horses with him. Scripture supports this
concept, however those horses represent the people of
God, not real horses. Joel 2:1-5, clearly explains that
the army of God coming in the fire of the Holy Spirit
and have the appearance of horses. We are that army. We
are those horses. Look it up for yourself.

I cannot accept the traditional doctrine of the rapture
because scripture is describing the 'coming', the
appearing and unveiling of Messiah as He descends in the
form of a glorious WORD, a shout, a prophetic shofar
blast of awakening. We've looked at the Book of Joel and
see that our Lord is coming back - in and through a
mighty people who are filled with His presence and fire.

Joel mentions nothing about 'disappearing and vanishing'.
Neither does Saint Paul. This is why I pray that the
Bride of Christ makes Herself ready to unveil the
splendor who the ONE who resides within her - not to be
taken away.

'I pray not that thou shouldest take them out of the
world, but that thou shouldest keep them from the evil.'

WHO IS THE ARCHANGEL SOUNDING THE SHOFAR?
The above text reveals that the Lord Himself is coming
from heaven, descending from heaven with - a voice, a
shout and the shofar blast given by an archangel. Can we
agree that the scripture plainly teaches this?

WHO OR WHAT sounds the shofar blast? Who is actually
shouting? Who is releasing this WORD from heaven?

Do we not realize that the church is the instrument of
God's voice in the earth? The "the voice" that God is
using is your mouth? God is using an archangel! But what
is an archangel?

The term Archangel is only mentioned three times in
scripture. In Daniel 12:1, I Thessalonians 4:16 and in
Jude 9. According to Strong's Hebrew and Greek
concordance of the Bible, (word number#743), archangel
comes from the Greek word αρχάγγελος or archaggelos and
means a chief angel or a high messenger. *It is not a
seraphim or cheribum.

"Yet Michael the archangel, when contending with the
devil he disputed about the body of Moses, durst not
bring against him a railing accusation, but said, The
Lord rebuke thee." (Jude 9, KJV)

"Michael", in the Hebrew language means "Who is like unto
God?" or "Who is equal to God?" About right now serious
alarms should be sounding in your spiritual mind. Why?
because the only creature that Elohim created 'LIKE GOD,
in His image and likeness - is MAN!' Cheribum and
Seraphim are not made in the image and likeness of God,
only man!

Now that we understand who the archangel Michael was,
let's look at Gabriel. In the Hebrew language Gabriel
means "Man of God" or "Might of God." He is the appointed
servant of God herald of the mysteries of God. But he is
a MAN OF GOD! He's not a fat little spiritual entity with
wings flying around in the sky. He is a man of God.

Don't take my word for it? Let the scriptures speak;

Daniel 8:15–19 (MKJV): And it happened when I, even I
Daniel, had seen the vision, and sought for the meaning,
then, behold, there stood before me {the form of a man}.

Daniel 9:20–22 (MKJV)
And while I was speaking, and praying, and confessing my
sin, and the sin of my people Israel, and presenting my
cry before Jehovah my God for the holy mountain of my
God; (21) yes, while I was speaking in prayer, even {the
man Gabriel}, whom I had seen in the vision at the
beginning, touched me in my severe exhaustion, about the
time of the evening sacrifice.'

{Comment: We clearly see that both Michael and Gabriel
are men - Holy men of God, sons of God (Ben Elohim), men
who are like God.}

Saint John on the island of Patmos was given the
revelation of Christ by a man of God. John fell to his
knees and almost began to worship the man, but this
'man/angel/messenger' stopped him and explained who he
was.

Revelation 22:9
'Then saith he unto me, See thou do it not: for I am {thy
fellowservant}, and of {thy brethren the prophets}, and
of them which keep the sayings of this book: worship
God.'

Wake up church! Cherubim and Seraphim do not preach the
gospel, God only uses messengers like you and I to preach
the Word!

The VOICE, the SHOUT and shofar of blast awakening is not
a call to disappear or vanish. It's a call to be clothed
in your glorified body. This prophetic Word will be
released on that great Day of the Lord.

WHO'S ALIVE AND REMAINING?
If believers are supposed to disappear and vanish from
the earth as is taught in the rapture doctrine, why does
Saint Paul clearly explain (twice) that believers are
ALIVE AND REMAINING (meaning present on the earth) when
the actual Day of the Lord comes?

I Thessalonians 4:15-17

'Indeed, we tell you this, on the word of the Lord, that
we who are alive, who are left until the coming of the
Lord, will surely not precede those who have fallen
asleep.
16)
For the Lord himself, with a word of command, with the
voice of an archangel and with the trumpet of God, will
come down from heaven, and the dead in Christ will rise
first.
17)
Then we who are alive, who are left, will be caught up
together 4 with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in
the air. Thus we shall always be with the Lord.,

On the Day of Lord, the earth will be destroyed with
fervent heat. All the elements in it will be destroyed.
(II Peter 3:10) Yet, many believers will be - alive and
remaining on the earth when that day comes.

These facts prove conclusively that all the saints will
not be disappear and vanish from the earth only to hover
in mid-air for seven year years. That is a false doctrine
that has to be challenged - line upon line, precept upon
precept. As God's grace enables me, I am doing my best to
present this portion of Light on the subject.

Hebrews 10:7 (KV)
"Then said I, Lo, I come (in the volume of the book it is
written of me,) to do thy will, O God."

May the spirit of wisdom give believers in Christ insight
into the mystery of the WORD being made flesh in His true
tabernacle - the church. Truly, He will descend in the
glory of His word being proclaimed and demonstrated
through His people.

Edited by Kevin D. James on 12/14/2009 at 5:30pm

David Hood

Posted: 12/20/2009 at 10:00am | IP Logged Quote David Hood

Your quote:-

Most people would say that the reason for the rapture is so that Christians wonft have to be in the tribulation

Not true

It is ONE reason put forward - you make it out to be the ONLY one

And MANY others have used this idea to supporting the RAPTURE as a non event

There are many Christians who hold true to the rapture teaching who do not hold the same reason concerning the rapture, as yourself and many others whom you mention, who do NOT see it or view it as means to escape. There is INNUENDO that all who believe in the rapture are escapist. UNFAIR, UNJUST and NOT TRUE

Later on in this section CONCERNING THE RAPTURE - it is also intimated that IF one believes in it - THEN ONE IS NOT SAVED - why is THAT? It is also an OVERCOMPENSATION of viewpoint, that is applied, because many have not understood certain costs of following Christ, I am NOT talking here about martyrdom, though as we know that DOES occur and WILL occur ALWAYS. So its used AGAINST those who have an easy believism walk of Christianity and AGAINST the teaching of the rapture itself, because of some teaching and that type of walk - you try to establish a negative to accentuate YOUR positive

@

Jesus said , that in this world you will have much TROUBLE, tribulation

It is a common mistake to reckon Jesus was talking about the Great Tribulation - and I CAN prove it

For if you take the rapture away - the only time line event left - is the church going through the Tribulation right up to the end of its 7 years, where it is commonly accepted that Christ will return 2nd Advent - SO YOU SAY THE Church will go through the tribulation, the Great one - I will return to this point later!

For with NO rapture one is FORCED to, according to your type of view,  accept enduring the Great Tribulation viewpoint.

Jesus Himself said -

Sufficient is the DAY thereof - Mat 6:34 Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day [is] the evil thereof.

Today has enough trials and troubles WITHOUT gearing oneself up for nothing short of utter destruction for the world - but many of those who believe in the rapture - expect difficulty right up to the time they would be taken by the Rapture, contrary to the statement you believe.

Jesus also said - worrying, especially regards about tomorrow - does NOT ADD godliness or ANYTHING to one - if it doesnft add, I suggest it TAKES AWAY.

Mat 6:27 Which of you by taking thought can add one cubit unto his stature? - does it produce more reward for Him, does it produce more glory for Him, does it produce more righteousness for him? - is it NOT HIM - who has laid out things even before they came into being? And not US by our behaviour?

@

But here is the thing - a theme within this Mat. chapter 6 is about the glory of God - when the glory is mentioned - it is always about Gods own work, his own attributes - who GOD HIMSELF is, WHAT God HIMSELF brings and produces - HE takes time to show the difference - READ IT Mat 6.

In the context of end time - the suffering that will be present does NOT ADD TO GODS GLORY, even as some would call it the glory of the church. For there is NO MERIT in suffering. God can BRING GLORY FOR HIMSELF out OF SUFFERING - but he does not require suffering from us to produce HIS GLORY or any MORE of it - OR merit - it cannot - if it tries it may well HIDE Gods glory by virtue of ITS OWN - in fact it may be LOST and NOT gained.

If your and others idea of suffering of GAINING Gods glory THROUGH the Tribulation is GAIN - then WHY does James say - Jam 1:20 For the wrath of man worketh not the righteousness of God.

Why should the wrath of man NOT work the righteousness of God - why = because it is CONSISTENT with the Great Tribulation NOT being wrath that is laid down for the CHURCH It IS in fact FOR the world and for unbelieving Israel YES - for it is a TIME of Gods Judgement 1Th 5:9 For God hath not appointed us to wrath, but to obtain salvation by our Lord Jesus Christ. If the church as you say is already saved - why would god appoint wrath to SAVE US who are already saved - it is because He is saving the rest of the world and ISRAEL - we are already saved.

It is CLEAR in scripture - that it is not MANS wrath for this period of 7 years but Gods wrath - the judgement of the Church has taken place in the PAST , those that are to COME in this time are going TO COME - it is already decided and known - going through the Tribulation as a believer other than one being a non saved Jew or gentile coming is POINTLESS and worthless - it does NOT ADD to us and NOT to HIM . It does NOT ADD to gods glory - b cos it can only EVER BE HIS OWN - we CANNOT add by suffering to that which is ALREADY His own.

@

@

To hold to these views, that one HAS and WILL go through the Great 7 years Tribulation in fact - actually causes unnecessary concern and also much ensuing unnecessary effort and works - God WARNED His own shepherds about unnecessarily driving the SHEEP - for if the rapture is true and I hold that it is - It also suggests that Christians have to become super Christians for those days - AND SUCH AN ETHOS IS NOT SPIRIT LED, BUT MAN DRIVEN - see article ON Enoch in encouragement section - called accepted , acceptable by David Hood.

I looked at your explanation - not to support the rapture - you said - gTherefore leaving the principles of the doctrine of Christ, let us go on unto perfection; not laying again the foundation of repentance from dead works, and of faith toward God, Of the doctrine of baptisms, and of laying on of hands, and of resurrection of the dead,..h YOU make THIS list -

Hebrews 6:1 which include dead works, faith towards God, of the doctrine of baptisms and of the laying on of hands, and of the resurrection of the saints - Did you realise that the rapture was cognisant WITH the resurrection of the dead? In that SOME dead are RAISED at the point of RAPTURE - And FOR OUR - own new RESSURECTION BODIES BEING GIVEN - The CHURCH, BUT YOU MAKE THE mistake in that you say IT IS NOT GIVEN AT THE RAPTURE - it IS given then.

1Cr 15:52 In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.

Two things going on HERE - the dead raised - those in, buried in the earth, believing Christians who have died and WE - believers AT THAT TIME ALIVE at the rapture moment, though NOT dead, but CHANGED.

Note - this is cognisant with when Christ died and rose FROM the dead - first - Mat 27:52 And the graves were opened; and many bodies of the saints which slept arose,

- the order was FIRST the dead present at the time of Christ, but believers who had died whilst he walked here as Lord - they ROSE - the rest ROSE as HE HIMSELF rose from the dead - PRIOR to His ascension - we roase WHILST living ON earth as the NEW creation the Church . At the rapture He will call to Himself those who have died IN Christ SINCE His ascension to heaven AND those - secondly - as HIS OWN remaining on Earth BEFORE the Great Tribulation. - 1Cr 15:52 In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed. 1Th 4:16 For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first: 1 Cor 15:52 - we - us who are remaining at the Rapture moment - shall be changed - obtain IN THE AIR. Not on the ground, on the earth - resurrection bodies - for at the rapture it is the CHURCH resurrected - at the 2nd Coming it is ISRAEL resurrected and those who come through ISRAEL testimony IN those 7 years and NOT the churches testimony .

One is for the CHURCH

The other is for Israel

@

Looking at what you say is doctrine

@

You use THESE points that are considered NOT to be gone over, Heb 6:1; but leaving as a point saying , that because they DO NOT include mention of the rapture - as if the rapture is insignificant - YET - of the list you give it says - let us NOT GO ON - friend it is AN EXCLUSION NOT AN INCLUSION - if one were NOT to go ON regarding a point - it should be listed - it is not - my guess, it IS that these things that ARE mentioned are ALREADY within the principles of the doctrine of Christ

Do you know that all who hold and teach the doctrine of the rapture TO BE CORRECT - ACTUALLY - INCLUDE IT AS A basic TENNANT TO BE TAUGHT - WHY DO YOU NOT? - is it because those establishments that do not hold to it, do not teach it, but you ignore those that do, and make a misrepresentation in the process !!!you state it is NOT basic and use a false assumption to say it is not there - I know why that is ! And come to the conclusion that what is taught is right.

You make it seem b cause it is not mentioned it is THEREFORE unnecessary and unworthy - read it - if it allows a list saying these NEED not be brought up - but excludes the rapture amongst it - you misunderstand the scripture - why - does not your statement exclude the rapture by DEFAULT 0 is that NOT a preset layer of conditions set by yourself - that is NOT laid down or a layer of scripture?

Edited by David Hood on 12/20/2009 at 11:26am
View David Hood's Profile Search for other posts by David Hood
Kevin D. James

Posted: 01/05/2010 at 9:03pm | IP Logged Quote Kevin D. James

Dear brother David Hood,

Thanks for your contributions to this post. I have tremendous respect for your zealousness and love for the truth of scripture!

As I stated on the very first page of this thread, it makes no difference if a faithful believer in Messiah chooses to embrace the doctrine of the rapture - or not. The rapture has no bearing on a person's eternal destiny.

You and I both share the same Divine Life, the same Spirit, we are one body,  'k'ish echad, b'lev echad' (like one man with one single heart) through faith in Messiah.

Over the years I studied with intrigue  dispensationalism, futurism and eschatological positions held by the church.

My pastoral library includes video material and books produced by Tim LaHaye, Perry Stone, Chuck Missler, Irvin Baxter, and others.

To be blunt but yet loving, I am of the opinion that the doctrine of the rapture is one of the most dangerous false doctrines and grand deceptions to ever invade the church.

Here are a reasons why I am so adamently against the rapture doctrine fallacy.

1. The scriptures do not clearly and explicitly state that all Christians will suddenly at blazing light speed physically and literally disappear and vanish from off the earth. It's not in the Book and you can't find it there.

2. The few scriptures used to support the rapture doctrine have clearly been twisted out of context and repackaged to support either a pre-trib/mid-trib or post-tribulation position. 

The scriptures used to support the rapture demands that we 'assume' the rapture is a legitimate fact.  From that perspective one reads more into the text than what is there. 

{Daniel 9:27, Matthew 24:40, I Thessalonians 4:16-17, I Corinthians 15: 51-52, Revelation 4:1-2} Not one of these passages tells us to prepare to vanish into thin air.

3. In Judaism, (the origin of Christian doctrine), the idea of a rapture is not taught and never has been taught.

4. In Judaism there is a concept known as 'olam haba', which refers to (the world to come). Jews understand that one day there will a resurrection of the righteous and the wicked. Both will be judged according to their works. Saint John wrote of this day of resurrection judgement in Revelation 20:12

• It should be noted that Saint John of Patmos makes no mention whatsover about saints coming back down from out of the clouds where they were supposedly raptured for seven years. This so-called factual event where believers disappear and later descend back down to the earth never mentioned anywhere in the Book of Revelation. Could the reason for this great omission be that it just doesn't exist?

5. The scriptures plainly teach (I Corinthians 15:35-44)
that "flesh and blood" can not and will not inherit the kingdom of God.
Yet, those who teach the rapture want us to believe that dead bodies will fly out of their tombs and float up into the sky and hover there for perhaps 3.5 to 7 years. How can we be so foolish as to cherish a belief that is in direct opposition to scripture?

6. The Greek word 'harpazo', means "to seize, carry off
by force, to claim for one's self eagerly; to snatch out
or away". {I am not amuzed at rapture teachers who intentionally distort this word  out of context to suggest that we will disappear and or vanish}.

7. The doctrine of the rapture is a product of the Catholic church. It's called Futurism.

A Jesuit doctor of theology by the name of Francisco Ribera (1537-1591) is the father of futurist dogma. In his book, entitled ‘In Sacrum Beati Ioannis Apostoli, & Evangelistiae Apocalypsin Commentarij', the idea of the rapture is first presented. This is where the mess started. We can trace it back to the 15th century.

In his work Ribera postulated that the events in the book of
Revelation and the religion-political entity who slaughtered millions of God's people had no connection with the papacy or Rome. Obviously, Ribera was dead wrong. The Roman Catholic church spilled the blood of untold millions who refused to bow to the Roman Emperor.

Ribera  suggested that the Anti-Christ spirit and religious had not yet come, but would come at some unknown period in the distant future.

Here we are today still embracing the false doctrine of futurism. What's really sad about this is that, I can give you names, dates and historical sources but many will refuse to do their homework and discover the truth for themselves.

Rather than seek the truth they'll demonize people like myself in order to protect their sacred religious cow. How sad.

Edited by Kevin D. James on 02/17/2010 at 8:08pm

deb oestermyer

Posted: 02/03/2010 at 8:49pm | IP Logged Quote deb oestermyer

yes as bro kevin has said I also do not believe in the rapture....... A catching away yes.. Will wll suffer persucation yes does Yahwha's wrath abide on His saints no...

Goint through tribulation does not mean wrath...

View deb oestermyer's Profile Search for other posts by deb oestermyer Visit deb oestermyer's Homepage

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version