OpenHeaven.com Forum : Old Kingdom/Revival/Apostolic Articles 2002 - 2007
Subject Topic: Charisma - By Wade E. Taylor Post Reply Post New Topic
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group

Online Status: Offline
Posted: 10/16/2009 at 2:01pm | IP Logged Quote Moderator

Charisma - By Wade E. Taylor

"For you see your calling, brethren, how that not many wise men after the flesh, not many mighty, not many noble, are called ... that no flesh should glory in His presence." I Co 1:26-29

The person who ministers the Word of God feeds upon the Lord to receive. Those who sit under this minister then feed upon him to receive the Word.

The "anointing" quickens and imparts the Word as it is spoken. "Charisma" is the quality that makes this messenger "taste" good to those who feed upon him to receive the Word. Thus, anointing relates to the Word, but charisma to the person who ministers the Word.

Very few of those who were born with, or naturally have charisma are called by the Lord to minister His Word. Rather, He chooses those who are lacking, but who will seek Him to develop this quality, that the glory will be the Lord's alone.

At one time or another, each of us has met someone whom we instantly felt we disliked. Many years ago, I had this reaction toward a young man who came to Pinecrest. Later, I realized that the way in which he presented himself would easily cause this to happen. He was just plain obnoxious.

I often worked in my office until late at night. Before going home, I walked through the buildings to be sure all was well. Almost every night, I noticed this young man alone in a classroom, seeking the Lord.

As I observed this, night after night for over a year, his personality gradually changed. He often had a very encouraging word from the Lord to share in Chapel. Later, he began to minister in different churches and today, he is well liked and has a very successful ministry.

Because he spent much time in the presence of the Lord, his nature was changed, and the Lord imparted within him "charisma" - the ability to be liked. No matter what our state of being may be, we cannot lose when we spend quality time in the presence of the Lord.

"And he said, Thy name shall be called no more Jacob, but Israel: for as a prince hast thou power with God and with men, and hast prevailed." Gen 32:28

When Jacob, the deceiver, met the Lord, his personality was totally changed.

Another student, who had a very desirable personality, took the Lord for granted. The Lord blessed his ministry with a visitation and as a result, he became proud. He not only lost the visitation, but also the church.

When we are spending much time in prayer and in waiting on the Lord, we may feel that we are wasting time; but later, the spiritual depth and quality gained during these times, will not only strengthen us in times of difficulty, but will bring us into a higher realm of spiritual understanding and ministry.

During the time we spend in the presence of the Lord, He works within us to correct hidden, potential problems before they surface to create strained relationships, and hinder our ministry.

The Lord does not choose us because we have a desirable personality, but rather because there is a hunger and desire within us that will cause us to spend time in His presence, that we might be changed.

"And base things of the world, and things which are despised, hath God chosen, yea, and things which are not, to bring to nought things that are." I Cor 1:28

Many of us are convinced that the Lord would never use us because we do not have the necessary personality traits for Him to do so. But all we need do is to wait in His presence to receive whatever we may need. And believing, we will indeed receive.

"Another parable put He forth unto them saying, the kingdom of heaven is like unto a grain of mustard seed which a man took and sowed in his field, which indeed is the least of all seeds." Matt 13:31-32a

Our desire to serve the Lord can be compared to this grain of mustard seed. No matter how small it may be (our desire to serve the Lord), all that is needed is exposure to the right elements. As the Son shines upon it, and the rain of the Holy Spirit falls upon it, it will grow. Thus, it is not how much we have, but rather, what we do with what we have that counts.

To minister does not necessarily mean that we must stand in a pulpit. We may experience tremendous ministry results just by speaking the Word of the Lord to another, one on one. Once we become active in this way, the things of this world will become secondary and our ministry, primary.

First, we are to wait upon the Lord to receive His word. Next, we are to wait upon Him to anoint this Word. Then, we wait for Him to lead us to the right person with whom to share. Finally, we are to wait upon the Lord to impart "charisma," that the word which we are to speak will be received.

www.wadetaylor.org

Edited by Moderator on 10/16/2009 at 2:02pm
View Moderator's Profile Search for other posts by Moderator

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version