1. God's Royal Priesthood 
2. Living In The Midst
3. Coming Up From The Wilderness
Top News Headlines

Subscribe

to OpenHeaven.com Digest

1. God’s Royal Priesthood

By Ron McGatlin
In this writing, God is not speaking to us about theological understandings or religious positional truths. He is speaking to us about practical reality of spiritual experience now in this present time. Religious and secular training may have numbed some of us to experiencing the fullness of life in the Spirit.
Life does not originate in the natural but in the Spirit in heavenly places. Walking in the Spirit and abiding in Christ are spiritual truths of utmost importance to fulfill life in the natural. We should not allow religious or secular thinking to erode the reality of God with us now in Christ Jesus by the Holy Spirit. God is bringing marvelous transformation in preparation for the fulfillment of the kingdoms of this world becoming the kingdoms of our God (Rev 11:15).
The Spiritual Family of God
One tribe of holy people taken from every tribe and nation – one family with one Father is coming together. A nation of spirit beings are becoming as one in one Spirit – one spiritual ethnicity from among multitudes of natural ethnicities.
The spiritual family of God is not gathering in one geographical location or one place of intellectual persuasion; it is gathering and becoming one in the spiritual realm. With the same spiritual DNA of Christ many diverse parts of the Body of Christ are assembling bone-to-bone and joint-to-joint in the Spirit.
In the natural, God’s royal priesthood is scattered across the world. However, in the spiritual realm they are of one Spirit in one heavenly place in Christ Jesus. God has raised us up together, and made us sit together in the heavenly places in Christ Jesus, Eph 2:6. Being spiritually seated in Christ connects us to the love, power and wisdom of God who has blessed us with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly places in Christ, Eph 1:3.
Spiritual Common-union
The spiritual communion of all God’s people comes together in one place. Every connection with the one true God in prayer is with the same God in the same place. Every true word of prophecy or gift of the Spirit comes from the same living source. Love, power and wisdom flow by our heavenly connection in intimate communion with our Heavenly Father through Christ Jesus by the Holy Spirit. The entire pattern and the power for the service of ministering to the needs of the people are in Christ Jesus seated in the heavenly spiritual realm. Everything needed to fulfill our part of the Body of Christ on earth flows from the throne of God in Heaven.
Full redemption by the cross of Christ and the restoration of spiritual life re connected into God with the resurrection life of Christ Jesus abiding within us by the Holy Spirit makes us sons in the family of God to function as royal priest in this world. Royal means kingly and priest implies a sacred, holy minister of God. A royal priesthood has to do with reigning with Christ in this world and bringing the things of God to help His people to fully connect into Him. Literally it is the life and rule of Christ Jesus flowing through us to bring the order of the kingdom from heaven into this world (Rev 5:10) (Rom 5:17) (2 Tim 2:12) (Col 1:27).
God’s royal priests are first spirit beings connected into Spirit God in heaven in Christ Jesus. Secondly, we are sent to earth abiding in natural bodies to bring forth the spiritual DNA of Christ to order the world to the heavenly design of Father God.
1 Pet 2:9-10: But you are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, His own special people, that you may proclaim the praises of Him who called you out of darkness into His marvelous light; who once were not a people but are now the people of God….
The royal priesthood is not religious.
The function of the royal priesthood encompasses all aspects of natural life on earth with the unction of Spirit from heaven. God is the creator of Planet Earth and all that exist on it which includes our natural bodies and all living things on earth. Therefore, He knows fully how to direct His people in providing and caring for the earth and all that is on it.
The royal priesthood includes sons actively doing business providing the needs of mankind and the world in all areas of life. All of this is to be done according to the empowerment and direction from God in heaven. Every work ordered by God is potentially the direct function of the royal priesthood. Any occupation God puts us into is for the purpose of serving Him by providing for needs of people and the world around us.
According to God’s plans and purposes, the supernatural realm and the natural realm work together for the heavenly benefit of creation. The kingdom of God is the will of God being done on earth as it is in heaven.
The Pattern From Above
The New Jerusalem from above is the pattern city of the rule of God in His people on earth (Rev 3:12) (Rev 21&22).
Gal 4:26: but the Jerusalem above is free, which is the mother of us all.
In all production of life there is a father and a mother involved. In plant life there is a seed and the soil in the animal life there is a sperm and an egg. In the spiritual production arena there is seed or word and faith or believing. The seed DNA for who we are in the spiritual realm is Christ Jesus – the Word. The seed for what we produce in the world is the written word of God administered by the Spirit. The word of God, spoken or written, is the seed or pattern planted in the soil of the hearts of the royal priesthood and grown into fulfillment into the world by the supernatural natural work of God (Mark 4:26-28).
Contained in the written word describing New Jerusalem is the seed patterns for the ruling city of the governance of God on earth as it is in heaven. This very rich spiritual word containing the DNA of the kingdom is hidden from the natural man in figurative, symbolic language that will only be fully received by the revelation of the Holy Spirit of God.
To further unpack this, please see “Overcoming Life On A Small Planet” chapter 7 page 30, and Chapter 27, - “Kingdom Growth Guides” (#007), (#027) and (#028). Available for free download  archive.openheaven.com .
In Christ and Christ in Us
The term “in Christ” has to do with us as spiritual beings now seated in heavenly places, becoming one with God, and receiving His provision for supernatural spiritual life. The term “Christ in us” relates to our life in the world bringing the things of Christ Jesus from heaven to earth. God’s royal priesthood of mature sons are fully aware as redeemed spirit beings that are one with God in heaven and at the same time on earth in natural bodies bringing the life and works of Christ Jesus to restore this world to our God.
The precious gospel (good news) of the kingdom of God as Jesus really preached it is again being proclaimed in this world among His people. There is no greater message and no greater cause than bringing forth the word of the kingdom of God from heaven on earth.
Col 1:27: To them God willed to make known what are the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles: which is Christ in you, the hope of glory.
Mat 6:33: But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you.

Keep on pursuing love. It never fails
and His kingdom never ends.

Ron McGatlin

archive.openheaven.com
basileia@earthlink.net

2. Living In The Midst

By Ken Hornsby

It recently occurred to me that the season I am currently in, while not unique, is uniquely mine. The chasms separating joy and sorrow, agony and ecstasy, best and worst, seem even more inseparably wide than I had previously imagined; and yet, it seems, there are no chasms at all. How can it be possible to be living in such depths of excruciating pain one moment, and in the very next, swooning from the absolute pleasure of being overwhelmed in the Master’s Presence? I should be so cursed! I should be so blessed!

My life has taken many dramatic turns in the past 2 years. There has been more spiritually seismic activity during this time than in any other. Had I previously known what I would be availing myself to, I might have made different choices. The pain often becomes unbearable. I sometimes question myself if it has been worth it. Likewise, knowing what I know now, I would not change a thing. The quality and depth of relationship that I have with Jesus far outweighs any temporary, light affliction. I am in a most wonderful place.

It began innocently enough, the result of a regular phone greeting between my friend, Dave and me. After shouting out our nicknames to one another and asking the obligatory “What’s up?” to one another (it’s a guy thing), our standard answer had become something to the affect of “I’m livin’ revival, man! It’s the best of times, it’s the worst of times!” We know each other well enough, that we instinctively knew what the other was experiencing at that particular moment - the best or the worst. The high or the low. The joy or the pain.

We had also learned through many personal situations that you could not experience one without the other. To be revived, something has to die; it usually is not pretty. When the pain is over, the joy comes as the new - the “revived” is experienced. Ah, revival!

We had likewise learned to trust one another absolutely during this season; iron was truly sharpening iron.

And then one day, quite suddenly, quite unexpectedly, everything changed. Forever. Everything.
As I drove into my driveway and pressed dial on my cell phone, I heard his familiar greeting in my ear (the guy thing, remember). Only this time, my response was a little different. Through a heavily quivering and barley audible voice, I heard myself scratch out, “It’s the best of times, man.”

Silence.

More silence.

Tears streamed down my face as I struggled through still more silence. He knew something different was “up.”

“Hmmmmmm. Tell me about it.”

My throat was so tight, I could barely speak. I repeated, “It’s the best of times, man. It really is the best of times.” He wasn’t sure if I was trying to convince myself or him, that my condition at that moment could truly qualify as the “best of times.”

As I continued to share out of my brokenness, he became aware that neither one of us needed to be convinced of anything. The presence of God was palpable. And at that moment, that was all that mattered. An Eternal Now moment shared in the midst of friends and their eternal Daddy.

This is only a portion of this article. For the full article Go Here: http://archive.openheaven.com/forums/forum_posts.asp?TID=34329&a mp;a mp;PN=1

3. Coming Up From The Wilderness

Kriston Couchey

The Lord put on my heart to revisit this poem He gave me 8 years ago. This is the time for those coming up out of the wilderness to possess the land of promise. We are coming out of the wilderness and crossing over into the promised land leaning on our beloved

Coming Up From The Wilderness
You go down thinking you came to get equipped 
You come up knowing you just got stripped 
You go down awed at those who claim to know God but just don't get it 
You come up awed at how you claimed to know God and just didn't get it
You go down thinking you are the least of the apostles 
You come out knowing you are the chief of sinners
You go down confident you are God's man for the job 
You come up with no confidence at all in yourself 
You go down saying, "I am different, and it will not take me long." 
You come up saying "I thought it would never end!" 
You go down angry with those who rejected you and the gift on your life 
You come up offering up your life so that those same people are not destroyed 
You go down thinking you are searching for God 
You come up knowing He was seeking you 
You go down preoccupied with the purity of doctrine 
You come up preoccupied with the purity of holiness 
You go down relishing the day you will prophesy like Elijah 
You come up like Moses, convinced you are not qualified for the task 
You go down fantasizing about the great wonders you will do among the multitudes 
You come up preferring solitude with peace and quietness 
You go down a praying man who knows what words to pray 
You come up having lost the meaning of words since you learned to be silent before Him 
You go down concerned about the matters of life and ministry 
You come up knowing nothing matters but Him 
You go down speaking, proclaiming, and calling forth your destiny 
You come up grateful if you get to be a doorkeeper in the outer court 
You go down always having the last word for those who oppose you 
You come up unable to say anything except what you hear your Father saying 
You go down looking for the promised land of rest 
You come up knowing you finally found it in Him 
You go down seeking miracles, power and ministry 
You come up lost in Love, leaning upon your Beloved
In His Love
Kriston Couchey 

http://my.opera.com/Boanerges/blog/

4. Top News Headlines 

From Darkness to Light: A Chilean Miner's Story - 10/28/2010
The 33 miners needed more than food and physical strength to survive 2,000 feet underground during those two months. His faith in God was key in helping his companions to hold on to hope. The Christian miner led devotions twice a day, crying out to God with the other miners. Thanks to his efforts, some of the miners turned their lives over to Jesus. Read On: http://archive.openheaven.com/forums/forum_posts.asp?TID=34570&a mp;a mp;PN=1&TPN=1

Darlene Zschech Leaves Hillsong After 25 Years to Pastor Church Unlimited With Husband - 10/26/2010
Darlene Zschech was worship pastor at Hillsong Church in Sydney Australia from 1996 through 2007. But she continued leading worship there on a regular basis. Zschech and her husband, Mark, have just announced they'll be senior pastors at Church Unlimited in New South Wales. Both congregations are affiliated with the Australian Branch of the Assemblies of God. Read On: http://archive.openheaven.com/forums/forum_posts.asp?TID=34554&a mp;a mp;PN=1&TPN=1

Finally, Obama Includes the ‘Creator’ when He Quotes the Declaration of Independence - 10/26/2010
Perhaps he didn't like the idea that the Declaration of Independence teaches creationism. But for whatever reason, Barack Obama omitted the "Creator" three times in recent weeks when quoting the Declaration. His Press Secretary even side-stepped the issue at a weekly get together with reporters. But the omission was replaced by an inclusion several days ago. Read On: http://archive.openheaven.com/forums/forum_posts.asp?TID=34553&a mp;a mp;PN=1&TPN=1

Woman Walks After Decades in Wheelchair, Gives Mom a Hug - 10/25/2010
Her life was changed forever, at age 25, by a drunk driver. 23 years later Delia Knox's life was changed forever, again. This time she was healed at a Christian revival, with a YouTube video to prove it. You can be sure there wasn't a dry eye on her mother's street the other day, when Delia walked up to her mom and gave her a hug. Read On: http://archive.openheaven.com/forums/forum_posts.asp?TID=34543&a mp;a mp;PN=1&TPN=1

Lausanne Told People More Important than Institutions - 10/25/2010
Ruth Padilla-DeBorst is General Secretary of the Latin American Theological Fellowship and directs Ediciones Certeza Unida publishing house. But don't let her titles fool you. Padilla-DeBorst's feet are planted firmly in the real world. She recently challenged attendees of the Third Lausanne Congress on World Evangelization to have correct priorities. Read On: http://archive.openheaven.com/forums/forum_posts.asp?TID=34542&a mp;a mp;PN=1&TPN=1

Candy Hemphill Christmas Overcomes Depression by Ministering to Homeless - 10/25/2010
It's a "Whatever Became of" story with a lesson for us all. Candy Hemphill was a well-known name in Gospel music several decades ago. She was the talented daughter of Joel and LaBreeska Hemphill. Then she got married and became Candy Christmas. It turns out she was pretty depressed in recent years. But Candy avoided hospitalization by ministering to the homeless. Read On: http://archive.openheaven.com/forums/forum_posts.asp?TID=34541&a mp;a mp;PN=1&TPN=1

Pressure Intensifies to Allow Christian Flag in City Park - 10/24/2010
More than five thousand people rallied in a small North Carolina city this weekend to make their voices heard. Some came from Florida. Others arrived from the mid-west. And hundreds of bikers rolled in from the Christian Motorcycle Association and Rolling Thunder. They're hoping officials will find a way to permanently allow the Christian flag at a Veteran's Memorial. Read On: http://archive.openheaven.com/forums/forum_posts.asp?TID=34533&a mp;a mp;PN=1&TPN=1

Supreme Court Asked to Review If Church Schools Can Specify Faith of Teachers - 10/24/2010
Hosanna-Tabor Evangelical Lutheran Church and School fired teacher Cheryl Perich for religious reasons, but she challenged the decision in a lower court and won. At issue is whether the "ministerial exception" to non-discrimination rules can apply to teachers. Perich taught a full secular curriculum and religious classes. She also led students in prayer and worship. Read On: http://archive.openheaven.com/forums/forum_posts.asp?TID=34531&a mp;a mp;PN=1&TPN=1

Sharia Law Measure Sparks Oklahoma Debate - 10/23/2010
The ballot initiative would prohibit judges from considering Islamic or other international law when ruling on state cases. Representative Rex Duncan says he believes it will pass, setting an example for the nation to follow. It's intended to keep judges from legislating from the bench. Critics say it's constitutionally impossible for Sharia law to be used in the US. Read On:  http://archive.openheaven.com/forums/forum_posts.asp?TID=34525&a mp;a mp;PN=1&TPN=1  

Super-Typhoon Megi Strikes - the most powerful typhoon globally this year. - 10/23/2010
World Vision is rushing emergency supplies to children and families devastated by "Super-Typhoon" Megi, the most powerful typhoon globally this year. In the Philippines alone, more than 600,000 people have been impacted by the storm, and 80,000 homes have been damaged or destroyed. Serious flooding has also hit Thailand and Laos. Read On: http://archive.openheaven.com/forums/forum_posts.asp?TID=34524&a mp;a mp;PN=1

Pending Directive Would Mean Open Season on Christians - 10/22/2010
A little-known directive now pending in the European Union will enable anyone objecting to Christian beliefs to sue. Under the Equal Treatment Directive, an accuser would automatically become a "victim" merely by being "offended." The accuser may then demand virtually any amount of money from the accused. The vague directive may also take away parental rights. Read On: http://archive.openheaven.com/forums/forum_posts.asp?TID=34521&a mp;a mp;PN=1&TPN=1

Google Decides to Make Dead Sea Scrolls Available Online - 10/22/2010
The head of the Israel Antiquities Authority calls the project a "milestone connection between progress and the past." Currently, no more than two scholars at a time are allowed to inspect the originals. The Internet version will have an English translation, expanding accessibility. The documents contain something from every Old Testament book except Esther. Read On:  http://archive.openheaven.com/forums/forum_posts.asp?TID=34519&a mp;a mp;PN=1&TPN=1 

World's Largest Statue of Christ May Put Polish Town on Tourist Map - 10/22/2010
The official reason for the statue is to show gratitude to God, but according to a civic leader, "If we had opened a racetrack or a golf course here, tourists would have come only for the season. But with a statue of Jesus, the season will last the whole year." A 30-meter Jesus statue has worked well for Rio de Janeiro, the most visited city in the Southern Hemisphere. Read On: http://archive.openheaven.com/forums/forum_posts.asp?TID=34518&a mp;a mp;PN=1&TPN=1

For More Top News Headlines, Go Here: http://archive.openheaven.com/news/headlines/

Unlimited permission to copy and post or reprint without altering text or profiteering is hereby granted subject to proper credits and inclusion of this web address: http://archive.openheaven.com . However, if an item not written by Ron McGatlin is marked Copyright, you should contact the original publisher for permission to reproduce.

Thank you for forwarding the OpenHeaven.com Digest to your mail list.

Edited by Ron McGatlin on 02/04/2011 at 10:40am
View News Room's Profile Search for other posts by News Room

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version