Billy Graham's
Message to
America - Video

How I Escaped
the
Mormon Temple

OPENHEAVEN.COM DIGEST ARCHIVES
OpenHeaven.com Forum : OPENHEAVEN.COM DIGEST ARCHIVES
Subject Topic: OpenHeaven.com Digest November 26, 2010 Post Reply Post New Topic
Author
Ron McGatlin
Admin Group
Admin Group

Online Status: Online
Posted: 11/26/2010 at 8:45am | IP Logged Quote Ron McGatlin

Worldwide Kingdom Awakening News and Views

Published by Ron & Barbara McGatlin - Basileia Publishing

In This Issue
1. Spiritual Church (Ekklesia)
2. The Word Proceeding From His Mouth

Top News Headlines

Subscribe

to OpenHeaven.com Digest

1. Spiritual Church (Ekklesia)

By Ron McGatlin

We are as explorers moving day by day further into a new land – a land we have never before seen, filled with things we have not yet known. Almost every day of our journey reveals awesome sights about which we may have heard but were unable to understand or even imagine until our eyes feast upon it, and all of our senses are quickened as we examine it with great excitement. Suddenly, what we have only read about and could not fully understand now makes perfect sense as we partake of and experience the reality of that which has previously been only a promise.

The future has come to us now. The glorious reality of God and His kingdom reality is presenting itself more as we reach each new horizon and partake of the previously unseen spiritual reality of God. Truly our eyes are lifted up unto the hills of God far above the darkness of the fallen world unto the heavenly order descending from above. Truly what God has prepared for those that love Him had never entered our natural minds until this blessed day in which the Holy Spirit is revealing it to a new generation of maturing sons of God.

We are more than being revived. We are being made alive in areas where we have never lived before. Our spiritual senses and spiritual lives have been so dulled by centuries of natural living and natural reasoning and understanding that, though we were alive, we were as dead being blind and deaf to supernatural spiritual reality.

The supernatural works of God were foreign and appeared impossible to us. We relegated all current supernatural to only demonic sorcery. The supernatural gifts of the Spirit that should have been part of our daily lives were not functioning. Our natural animal instinctive living led us to look unto our own ways devised by our prideful natural minds to provide for our natural appetites, while the world died spiritually and drifted into a realm of deep darkness far from the light and life of spiritual living in God.

We made church into a human endeavor of natural functions and developed religion in an attempt to reach God with our natural efforts. We took a devious shortcut to life and developed religious forms and ways to eliminate the costly real way of the cross of self denial and acceptance of spiritual reality. In bypassing our personal cross experience, we missed the resurrection life of Jesus that came to move us out of our natural ways and into the supernatural spiritual ways of resurrection life in God.

Praise God we have come to a new horizon, and the brightness of the light of God has appeared. Forerunner scouts have returned to the camp of explorers with glorious reports of real spiritual life of God just ahead, and we are moving out at first daylight to experience the real assembling of God with His people in spiritual gatherings with God.

The Ekklesia church is not a natural thing it is a spiritual reality. The Ekklesia is made up of spiritual beings called out of the natural world and into spiritual reality gathered unto God in the Spirit - a spiritual gathering of living stones – an assembly of Spirit God, Jesus, many angels, and spirits of just men made mature in Jesus. All of our questions about headship, structure, and organization of church are dissolved as the Ekklesia comes together in the Spirit in the heavenly New Jerusalem on earth as it is in heaven.

Heb 12:22-24:  But you have come to Mount Zion and to the city of the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem, to an innumerable company of angels, to the general assembly and church of the firstborn who are registered in heaven, to God the Judge of all, to the spirits of just men made perfect, to Jesus the Mediator of the new covenant, and to the blood of sprinkling that speaks better things than that of Abel. 

For many centuries the church has been, for the most part, a gathering of natural beings with only occasional visitations of the Spirit touching the spirit within mankind. For the most part, natural effort went into performing religious rituals and praying mostly faithless prayers to a perceived distant God. It became a lukewarm church primarily concerned with social order and well-being. Skilled orators preached from a level of a higher caste than the ordinary laity who sat quietly at weekly meetings. Some received a sense of guilt and need for repentance of their sins, while others day-dreamed or fought to stay awake.

Probably no one even thought or dreamed of a gathering of spiritual beings on earth together with an innumerable company of angels, God the judge of all, Jesus the firstborn, and spirits of just men made perfect. We are so accustomed to living in the natural earthly side of our natural/spiritual being that the concept of the spiritual heavenly Jerusalem gathering on earth is hard for us to even think.

I believe God is speaking to His people today to step out of our natural side into our spiritual being side and look over the next horizon into the gathering of spiritual beings with Christ Jesus, Father God, holy angels, and spirits of others redeemed by the blood and living in the better things of the spiritual realm. The Holy Spirit brings all this to pass. Our spirits come together with the Holy Spirit and the entire God family and multitudes of angels.

Can we see it? Can we allow the reality of the spiritual Ekklesia to enter into our minds? Can we prepare now to come together in our next gathering as spiritual beings and not as natural people?
No longer filled with conversation and considerations of natural things but filled with spiritual things – waiting upon the Spirit, instead of natural planning. This is moving into the next horizon of the reality of walking in the Spirit, abiding in Him and He in us. This is God dwelling with His people. The light of His glory will fill the room, and our hearts will knit together with God and one another.

2 Cor 6:16:  ….. For you are the temple of the living God. As God has said: "I will dwell in them And walk among them. I will be their God, And they shall be My people."

Rev 21:3:  And I heard a loud voice from heaven saying,
"Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and He will dwell with them, and they shall be His people. God Himself will be with them and be their God.

Rev 21:23:  The city had no need of the sun or of the moon to shine in it,
for the glory of God illuminated it. The Lamb is its light.

Supernatural will become natural in spiritual gatherings. There will be no need for pumping and hype, no need for natural human intervention and control. The Spirit of God will rule as the headship of Christ Jesus becomes fully evident. It is the family of God from heaven and earth coming together, worshiping the One who sits upon the throne in perfect harmony – multitudes of angels blending their voices with the spirits of justified men in heavenly melody rising to high crescendos and flowing as a mountain stream lightly through the valley and suddenly flowing with great strength and joy into a glorious waterfall to again come into deep pools of fresh sweet clear life in perfect peace - heaven and earth in perfect harmony praising God upon the throne.

Mat 18:20:  "For where two or three are gathered together in My name, I am there in the midst of them."

John 4:23-24:  "But the hour is coming, and now is, when the true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and truth; for the Father is seeking such to worship Him. God is Spirit, and those who worship Him must worship in spirit and truth."
Keep on pursuing love.
It never fails.

Ron McGatlin

archive.openheaven.com

basileia@earthlink.net

1. The Word Proceeding From His Mouth

By Kriston Couchey

FEEDING ON THE WORD OF LIFE

It is written, Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceeds out of the mouth of God. The word "proceeds" could be translated, "..every word that is "right now coming out of" the mouth of God." Jesus himself is the Word become flesh. He is the "Word" that Father is RIGHT NOW actively speaking into the earth to and through the sons of men. This Word, (Christ) is the food of life by which we live as we continually partake of Him. As the living Father has sent me, and I live by the Father: so he that eats me, even he shall live by me. This is that bread which came down from heaven: not as your fathers did eat manna, and are dead: he that eats of this bread shall live for ever... ...It is the spirit that gives life; the flesh profits nothing: the words that I speak (right now actively) to you, they are spirit, and they are life. ~Jesus~  

I do nothing on my own authority but speak thus as the Father taught me.~Jesus~ The Word Himself becomes life in us or "becomes flesh" as we actively do and say what He is actively doing and saying. Just as the firstborn son could not do anything on His own authority but only As his Father taught Him to speak; the Word Himself releases spirit and life in us and through us by what He is right now actively speaking. 

REVELATION OR KNOWLEDGE  
The revelation of the living WORD is what Father Speaks NOW in Christ to us. When the Word Himself speaks, there is transforming revelation that comes forth that is the knowledge of and from Christ HIMSELF.  The knowledge of Jesus Himself is progressive and is a continual process of revelation of the nature and person of Father in the Son and IN us. What He continues to actively speak renews, cleanses, washes, transforms, and gives life and nourishment to our beings.  This can be done with or without the testimony of Holy Spirit inspired scriptures. This does not nullify the work of scripture to correct, train, and testify to the Truth (Jesus) as quickened by the Word Himself.

Scripture is given for a mighty purpose. We need to put into perspective the purpose for which Father inspired scripture; to testify to the incarnation of Jesus Christ, the Word of God, and reveal Him to the hearts of men. We must stop making scripture the end of our means and make it the means to the end: the revelation of Jesus Christ and His purpose to manifest CHRIST IN YOU!  "Search the scriptures; for in them you think you have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me. And you will not come to me, that you might have life." Jesus is the fulfillment of the Law, the prophets, and all scripture. Principles are real and true, but their true source is a Person, not a book. The Person uses the book to speak to and make principles alive to men, but principles apart from the quickening of the Word Himself are dead religion. 

But the word of the LORD was to them precept on precept, precept on precept; line on line, line on line; here a little, and there a little; that they might go, and fall backward, and be broken, and snared, and taken. This verse (Isaiah 28:12-13) is not promoting the teaching method of line upon line. This verse in context is a curse to those who refused to hear the Word and enter into Fathers rest. Yet, this scripture is used as a basis for many ministry teaching practices that take scriptures and make them into precepts to be absorbed mentally. But, these have fallen short of the intimate knowledge of the WORD Himself.  True revelation of the Word Himself transforms men from within, and in turn the Word in them should be transforming others in the same manner. Many can spit out truths, but fail to produce Spirit life that comes from Spirit Revelation.
LIVING BY REVELATION OF THE WORD
We do not live by bread alone, by every continual utterance of the Word Himself. Our food is the bread of heaven (Christ) and His quickened words which become Spirit and life to us. We are progressively receiving revelation of Himself through abiding in Him, and we ourselves are BECOMING expressions of His person as we partake of His divine nature. As Father sent the Son, so the Son (The Word) has sent the sons of Father to walk in the manner in which He walked. We are His sons speaking words of spirit and life to a needy and dying world. 

Now you are clean through the word which I have spoken to you. Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it abide in the vine; no more can you, except you abide in me. I am the vine, you are the branches: He that stays in me, and I in him, the same brings forth much fruit: for without me you can do nothing. If a man abide not in me, he is cast forth as a branch, and is withered; and men gather them, and cast them into the fire, and they are burned. If you abide in me, and my words abide in you, you shall ask what you will, and it shall be done to you.

Abiding In Him 

Kriston Couchey

http://my.opera.com/Boanerges/blog/

3. Top News Headlines 

Kelley Varner Ministries Leaves Its North Carolina Roots - 11/25/2010
The late Kelley Varner's ministry in North Carolina may well have started with a prophecy by Derek Prince. And even in his later years he had expansion plans involving the Tarheel state. But it looks like Varner's son has a different calling, also prophesied. Jonathan Varner and his wife, Angela, are relocating the ministry his father started to Washington State. Read On:
http://archive.openheaven.com/forums/forum_posts.asp?TID=34813&a mp;a mp;a mp;PN=1&TPN=1

Jew Teaches Christians About Jesus - 11/26/2010
For years we've been told the original documents of the New Testament were written in Greek. But doesn't it make sense that a Jewish Tax collector like Matthew would have written in Hebrew? Nehemia Gordon would answer "Yes." He's teaching Christians from a recently discovered Hebrew text of Matthew. It makes a puzzling passage more understandable. Read On:
http://archive.openheaven.com/forums/forum_posts.asp?TID=34818&a mp;a mp;a mp;PN=1&TPN=1

Megachurches Growing Despite Poor Economy - 11/24/2010
Most megachurches continue to see attendance and giving rise, and the bigger the church is, the more likely it is to experience increases. That's according to Leadership Network's "2010 Large Church Economic Outlook Report." A full 100 percent of churches with 8,000 or more attendees experienced growth in attendance and giving from 2009 to 2010. Read On:
http://archive.openheaven.com/forums/forum_posts.asp?TID=34807&a mp;a mp;a mp;PN=1&TPN=1

Prayer Campaign Aims to Restore Monrovia's Previous Name — Christopolis - 11/24/2010
The capital of Liberia was originally named Cape Mesurado by the Portuguese in the 1560s. In 1822 it was renamed Christopolis to honor Christ. Two years later it was renamed again. As Monrovia, it honors the fifth President of the United States, James Monroe. Now a Christian group wants to restore the previous name, which means the city of Christ. Read On:  http://archive.openheaven.com/forums/forum_posts.asp?TID=34808&a mp;a mp;a mp;PN=1&TPN=1

Will Polygamy Be the Next ‘Right’ After Gay Marriage? Observers Eye Canadian Case - 11/23/2010
It's the kind of case the American Civil Liberties Union would probably love to support, except it takes place in Canada. But a comparable organization -- the British Columbia Civil Liberties Association -- is on the side of Winston Blackmore and James Oler. Blackmore has allegedly committed polygamy with 20 women. For Oler it was just two. Read On:
http://archive.openheaven.com/forums/forum_posts.asp?TID=34801&a mp;a mp;a mp;PN=1&TPN=1

Daughters of Pakistani Woman Sentenced to Death Hopeful of Reunion - 11/22/2010
An earlier report out of Pakistan that President Asif Zardari had already pardoned Asia Bibi has proven to be incorrect. She was the first woman sentenced to death for blasphemy. Minister for Minorities Shahbaz Bhatti says the allegations against Bibi are baseless, but only the president has the authority to pardon. The woman's daughters are putting their trust in God. Read On:
http://archive.openheaven.com/forums/forum_posts.asp?TID=34795&a mp;a mp;a mp;PN=1&TPN=1

Bishop Eddie Long Case Heads for Settlement Talks - 11/21/2010
Lawyers for both sides in Bishop Eddie Long's case have met for the first court hearing, saying they want to resolve the dispute quickly. Long, who faces allegations of sexual misconduct from four young men, did not attend. Both parties agreed to a mediation session slated for early next year. If it fails, each lawsuit could be tried either separately or together.
Read On:  http://archive.openheaven.com/forums/forum_posts.asp?TID=34785&a mp;a mp;a mp;PN=1&TPN=1 

Creditors and Feds Object to Crystal Cathedral Salaries - 11/20/2010
The US Trustee Program and creditors are objecting to salaries given out to several employees as the megachurch goes through the bankruptcy process. According to court records, salaries and beneifts of Schuller children and their spouses total more than one million dollars. Schuller's son-in-law Jim Penner denies allegations of nepotism. Read On:
http://archive.openheaven.com/forums/forum_posts.asp?TID=34779&a mp;a mp;a mp;PN=1&TPN=1

For More Top News Headlines,
Go Here: http://archive.openheaven.com/news/headlines/

Unlimited permission to copy and post or reprint without altering text or profiteering is hereby granted subject to proper credits and inclusion of this web address: http://archive.openheaven.com . However, if an item not written by Ron McGatlin is marked Copyright, you should contact the original publisher for permission to reproduce.

Thank you for forwarding the OpenHeaven.com Digest to your mail list.

Edited by Ron McGatlin on 02/04/2011 at 10:35am
View Ron McGatlin's Profile Search for other posts by Ron McGatlin Visit Ron McGatlin's Homepage

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version