Published by Ron & Barbara McGatlin - Basileia Publishing

In This Issue
1. Heart to Heart
2. Pressing On To The Goal
Top News Headlines

Subscribe to OpenHeaven.com Digest

1. Heart to Heart

By Ron McGatlin
Beyond the conscious reality of natural life awaits the heart of God. Beyond ministry, beyond doing and serving, far beyond our concerns of natural life, God waits longing for His people to respond to His love call to become one with Him.
In the hearts of His people a deep desire is emerging troubling our way of life – our values – our beliefs – our routines of life. The things that once gave us pleasure and a sense of worth – our studies, ministry, serving, and even our secret self pleasures have become as dry land void of fruitfulness to our hearts and souls. The craving of our inner being can no longer be satisfied with earthly fare.
Even in times of plenty our hearts are famished.
Our souls are barren even in times of great productivity. Our heads, filled with knowledge about God from His written word from the past, no longer satisfy our hungry hearts. We long for the personal reality of intimately relating with Him. We have sought religiously for Him and longed for intimate oneness with Him but did not find Him in that way. In our religion we found much knowledge about many things but did not find the love relationship with Him we longed for.
Song 3:1-4: By night on my bed I sought the one I love; I sought him, but I did not find him. "I will rise now," I said, "And go about the city; In the streets and in the squares I will seek the one I love." I sought him, but I did not find him. The watchmen who go about the city found me; I said, "Have you seen the one I love?" Scarcely had I passed by them, when I found the one I love. I held him and would not let him go.
A spiritual call from the deep is wooing, drawing us to the longing heart of God. Calling us to a spiritual life of perfect union and communion – a life beyond life – a life of passionate peace and beauty far beyond understanding – a life of intense fulfillment of insatiable hunger – a never ending life of love, power, wisdom, and peace beyond natural understanding in the heavenly spiritual realm of joy unspeakable and full of glory.
God is speaking love in and to our hearts from His heart. From the depths of our inner being it flows upward into our minds and outward through our bodies. Supernaturally the life of Christ is forming in us by His Spirit in an atmosphere of pure and holy heavenly love.
This is the first thing – the beginning thing – the one thing from which the kingdom of God from heaven is manifest on earth. The perfect order of God’s kingdom on earth begins in your heart and mine. It does not begin in our heads or our souls; it begins first in the “first thing” of becoming one with God in His spiritual wedding chamber of love in perfect communion heart to heart.
From this beginning point and only from this point, the life of Christ can fully flow through us touching and changing the world around us into the kingdom of God on earth as it is in heaven. This is from start to finish the work of God.
Through the spiritual pipeline of oneness in the love of God flows the grace empowerment of the life of Christ to complete the work Jesus began at His first incarnation. God’s grace empowerment of the resurrected life of Christ was first multiplied into His people by His Spirit at Pentecost and continues to flow the life of Christ in His prepared people by His Spirit.
The Full Kingdom Redemption 
The continuing work of Jesus is the full redemption of the world that God so loved that He sent His only begotten Son (John 3:16). This same Son of God living in many redeemed sons is working in the world to return the kingdoms of this world to the kingdoms of our God.
Gal 4:4-7: But when the fullness of the time had come, God sent forth His Son, born of a woman, born under the law, to redeem those who were under the law, that we might receive the adoption as sons. And because you are sons, God has sent forth the Spirit of His Son into your hearts, crying out, "Abba, Father!" Therefore you are no longer a slave but a son, and if a son, then an heir of God through Christ.
Eph 1:10: that in the dispensation of the fullness of the times He might gather together in one all things in Christ, both which are in heaven and which are on earth; in Him.
All things will rightfully culminate in Christ, and the kingdoms of this earth will be delivered to the Father. All enemies of Christ will be put under His feet (1 Cor 15:25-28).
The kingdoms of this world will be the kingdoms of our God. The heavens will rejoice as the world is again in the righteous order of God.
Rev 11:15: Then the seventh angel sounded: And there were loud voices in heaven, saying, "The kingdoms of this world have become the kingdoms of our Lord and of His Christ, and He shall reign forever and ever!"
 Seeking Him with Our Whole Hearts
If you feel a longing for Him, I assure you that He is calling you to be fully into the heavenly realm with Him. He will be found of those who seek Him – His kingdom and His righteousness first above all else. It is not our work. It is His work. Our part is to believe and be willing.
"Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.”
Keep on pursuing love. It never fails
and His kingdom never ends.

Ron McGatlin

archive.openheaven.com
basileia@earthlink.net 

2. PRESSING ON TO THE GOAL

The other day Father showed me a place in the realm of the Spirit that He had prepared for me, He asked me, "Do you want to sit there?" My reply was "Yes, more then anything." He said " It will cost you EVERYTHING!" This once again brought me to a surrender of everything and what I thought I knew and understood in order that He would show me His way. He began to reveal to me more places of self serving within me that were hindering me from progressing into the knowledge of Him, His kingdom, and His ways. 

Walking in the reality of the kingdom of God goes against the wisdom of the natural mind and the comfort of the flesh. If we are not continually being challenged and stretched by the reality of the kingdom, the revelation of the nature of it, and how it is demonstrated, we might want to question whether we have become sidetracked by a deceptive comfortable substitute.  

Brethren, I do not reckon to have laid hold of it yet, but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind and extending myself unto those things which are ahead, I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus. ~Paul~ The apostle Paul's constant state of mind was pressing on in His pursuit of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus. While he was content in any circumstance of abundance or lack, he was not content in his journey to obtain the high call of God in Christ Jesus. He was continually "pressing" into knowing Him.

COUNTING THE COST, LOSING OUR LIVES
For whoever will save his life shall lose it; but whoever shall lose his life for my sake and the gospel’s, the same shall save it. ~Jesus~ We must continually count the cost and press in, even though we may have come many times to a place of surrender and death to our own ways. No one who retains their right to keep their own life and reputation will walk in the place of kingdom life Father has destined them to walk. We must continually remain in a place where we can do NOTHING but what we see Father doing. What God builds He will defend. We don't have to defend ourselves or present ourselves, our works, and our lives in Him in such a way as to please others. If we must defend it, He didn't build it. This does not mean He does not use us to speak in a situation where He is defending His own. We've simply got no point to prove anymore, no person to impress, no reputation or doctrine to defend.  

We must make the transition from being servants that defend truth, to being sons that contain and express it. This is a place of Rest. It increases as we lay down our need to justify or vindicate ourselves in the eyes of men. It is a pressing battle to understand, embrace, and demonstrate the true gospel of the kingdom. What many have called "kingdom" is simply building men's kingdoms and agendas with men's wisdom. The battle is not one of defending or promoting a doctrine, the battle is to enter into being a living demonstration of the kingdom that expresses who He is. It is a battle for sonship.

THE KINGDOM IS TAKEN BY FORCE
We are not battling with simply flesh and blood, but principalities, powers, and rulers. The greatest battle for the kingdom is the battle for the kingdom within you. Jesus said, "...for the Prince of this world is coming. And yet in me he has nothing..." There is a spiritual realm within each of us that can still have "places of occupation" for the enemy. When the inward land is taken it takes less effort to take the outward land. The battle is inward but the victory is manifest outward as we simply rest in the Victory of God we have within; doing and saying only what He is doing and saying. The kingdom is not simply in words of doctrine or debate about kingdom understanding; it is in POWER that manifests from WITHIN YOU, and is executed perfectly as by faith we go forward into the places He sends us to "occupy". When we are sent by God to a place to establish His kingdom we can expect Him to move with His kingdom authority. Why? Not becasue we are great, but because He only sends us where we have conquered the INWARD land that correlates to the stronghold of the OUTWARD land He is sending us. 

WHAT GOAL ARE WE PRESSING TOWARD?
There is a generation that will inherit all the promises of God and reach the goal. I am pressing to be of that generation and by faith apprehend it. The goal we are pressing toward is conformity as sons to the person of Jesus Christ in our inner being. As the varying colors of the light spectrum come together form bright white. So, together in common unity we are all being individually and corporately transformed into His image. As we collectively press in and are transformed, we will by His grace reach the goal. We are crossing over into the promised land together, not as individuals who have received a portion, but as our portions are freely shared and mingled together in love and relationship we will all come into the fullness that is intended for a people whose greatest kingdom attribute is love, even as Christ loved them.

In His Love
Kriston Couchey
http://my.opera.com/Boanerges/blog/

3. Top News Headlines 

Violence and incredible church growth in Nigeria - It is not all bad news from this huge West African country - 1/12/2011
There were rumors in Nigeria that the Christmas Eve bombings in Jos and Maiduguri, could have been a "dress rehearsal" for a more devastating attack on New Year's Eve or New Year's Day. Sure enough, on December 31, 2010, another bomb went off at the Market. Initial report indicated that 30 people were killed in this bomb blast; however the BBC later reported only 11. Read On: http://archive.openheaven.com/forums/forum_posts.asp?TID=35278&a mp;a mp;PN=1&TPN=1

Haiti One Year Later -- A Ray Of Hope in 'Miracle Village' for Earthquake Victims - 1/12/2011
It's been almost one year since the catastrophic 7.0 magnitude earthquake devastated the small country of Haiti. Amidst reports of sidetracked donations and widespread ineffectiveness there is a ray of hope for survivors living in a tent city outside Fond Parisien. A new 'miracle' village is being built in part by its future inhabitants in the immense suffering. Read On: http://archive.openheaven.com/forums/forum_posts.asp?TID=35276&a mp;a mp;PN=1&TPN=1

'Unshaken' Quake Survivor Rises from the Ruins - 1/12/2011
It's been one year since a powerful earthquake rocked Haiti, Jan. 12, 2010, killing more than 200,000 people. In the middle of the tragedy, there were amazing stories of survival. Dan Woolley's rescue from the ruins of the collapsed Hotel Montana made headlines around the world. "I never could have predicted that this would be such a dividing line in my life," Read On: http://archive.openheaven.com/forums/forum_posts.asp?TID=35271&a mp;a mp;PN=1&TPN=1

Haiti Quake Solution: Best Hope is Native Missionaries Preaching the Gospel - 1/13/2011
“Millions of dollars poured in, and foreigners flooded the country. But humanitarian aid alone will never solve the problems of Haiti.” “A million are homeless. Naturally speaking, the situation is hopeless. But the gospel of Christ brings hope. Their spiritual life will affect their physical life. Christ will do it through them. It is not imposed on them from the outside. Read On: http://archive.openheaven.com/forums/forum_posts.asp?TID=35290&a mp;a mp;PN=1&TPN=1

Murder of Governor in Pakistan Darkens ‘Blasphemy’ Case - 1/7/2011
Think of it like an Islamic Mafia. Radical clerics declared Governor Salman Taseer and Asia Bibi "liable to be killed." He ended up being gunned down by one of his police bodyguards in broad daylight this week. Bibi, who is also known as Noreen, is in jail on a trumped-up charge of blasphemy. Her hope for pardon is not looking so good since her best supporter was murdered. Read On: http://archive.openheaven.com/forums/forum_posts.asp?TID=35226&a mp;a mp;PN=1&TPN=1

Asia Bibi, the Christian woman who triggered a blasphemy furor in Pakistan facing threat of suicide attack - 1/13/2011
Asia Bibi, the Christian woman in whose defense Punjab Governor Salman Taseer lost his life, is facing a threat of a suicide attack inside a jail where she is housed. She denied the charge and said she was framed by a group of Muslim women. "Taseer, was gunned down by a police guard who said he was angered by the Governor's criticism of the blasphemy law." Read On: http://archive.openheaven.com/forums/forum_posts.asp?TID=35289&a mp;a mp;PN=1&TPN=1

Youssef Calls on Clinton to Confront Egyptian Government - 1/13/2011
23 people were killed and more than 90 injured in the New Year's Day attack on Egyptian Christians, some leaders are looking to the U.S. government to step in. "This so-called religion of peace sent out another message of carnage and bloodshed in Egypt on New Year's Day" A car bomb was used with the words "More to come" written on the car. Read On: http://archive.openheaven.com/forums/forum_posts.asp?TID=35288&a mp;a mp;PN=1&TPN=1

Growing Numbers in Britain Convert to Islam - 1/9/2011
Thousands of Britons are converting to Islam every year — with more women becoming Muslims than men. That's according to a Welsh study which suggests the number converting to the religion last year may have nearly doubled from the 60,669 in 2001. 56% of converts to Islam were white British, with 62% being female. The average age at conversion is 27.5. Read On: http://archive.openheaven.com/forums/forum_posts.asp?TID=35246&a mp;a mp;PN=1&TPN=1

Survey Shows a Mixed Bag of Beliefs for British Christians - 1/10/2011
David believes evolution and Christianity are compatible although Julie isn't so sure. David donates – or tithes – part of his monthly income to his church, while Julie does not. But what these two people have in common is their belief that Jesus is the only way to God. ‘David’ and ‘Julie’ are fictitious but they are not untypical among evangelical Christians in Britain. Read On: http://archive.openheaven.com/forums/forum_posts.asp?TID=35255&a mp;a mp;PN=1&TPN=1

John Piper Returns to Pulpit after Eight Month Sabbatical - 1/10/2011
John Piper returned to the pulpit after an eight month leave to reexamine his soul and work on his family life. He got more specific on his blog. "I would label my decades-long, besetting sins in this relationship as selfishness, self-pity, anger, blaming and sullenness." This was the well-known Baptist pastor's first ever break from 30 years of ministry. Read On: http://archive.openheaven.com/forums/forum_posts.asp?TID=35256&a mp;a mp;PN=1&TPN=1

Psych Studies Ordered for Jailed Homeschooling Dad - 1/3/2011
It's another case of European social workers inferring a link between homeschooling and conjectured psychiatric problems. Unspecified psychological studies or evaluations have been ordered for Christer Johansson. He's the father of a boy placed with social services, because he was homeschooled. The family was about to move to India, where Mrs. Johansson is from. Read On: 
http://archive.openheaven.com/forums/forum_posts.asp?TID=35177&a mp;a mp;PN=1&TPN=1

Multi-Year Televangelists Probe Ends with a Whimper - 1/7/2011
History may be repeating itself. In 1977 Senator Mark Hatfield told evangelicals they must police themselves financially or face additional government legislation. That's how the Evangelical Council for Financial Accountability was formed. Now Senator Charles Grassley is saying something similar after finding several big-money televangelists did not actually break the law. Read On: http://archive.openheaven.com/forums/forum_posts.asp?TID=35228&a mp;a mp;PN=1&TPN=1

Over Two Million Children Are Now Homeschooled - 1/7/2011
Just 30 years ago there were only about 20 thousand homeschooled children. Now, according to a study released by the National Home Education Research Institute, there are more than two million. That's one out of every 25 children. Today, homeschoolers can be found in all walks of life with a proven record of academic and social success. Read On: http://archive.openheaven.com/forums/forum_posts.asp?TID=35224&a mp;a mp;PN=1&TPN=1

Forty-One Percent Of New York City Pregnancies End in Abortion - 1/8/2011
Statistics from the Health Department show the rate for minorities is even higher. Blacks have the highest abortion rate — 59.8%. Hispanics have a 41.3% rate. For Asians, it's 22.7%. And non-Hispanic Whites have a 20.4% abortion rate.  Perhaps it's no coincidence Planned Parenthood founder Margaret Sanger once spoke at a Ku Klux Klan rally.
Read On: http://archive.openheaven.com/forums/forum_posts.asp?TID=35229&a mp;a mp;PN=1&TPN=1

For More Top News Headlines, Go Here: http://archive.openheaven.com/news/headlines/ 

Unlimited permission to copy and post or reprint without altering text or profiteering is hereby granted subject to proper credits and inclusion of this web address: http://archive.openheaven.com . However, if an item not written by Ron McGatlin is marked Copyright, you should contact the original publisher for permission to reproduce.

Thank you for forwarding the OpenHeaven.com Digest to your mail list.

Edited by Ron McGatlin on 02/04/2011 at 10:29am
View Moderator's Profile Search for other posts by Moderator

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version