Published by Ron & Barbara McGatlin - Basileia Publishing

In This Edition
1. A Sharp Turn to Kingdom of God Reality 
2. Prophetic Word 
3. Top News Headlines

Subscribe to OpenHeaven.com Digest

1. A Sharp Turn to Kingdom of God Reality

By Ron McGatlin

We are experiencing what is possibly one of the most spiritually significant and intense seasons of change since the first century. This is possibly one of the most significant changes affecting the Body of Christ since the days of Christ Jesus on earth.
God is bringing forerunners together in gatherings as tiny microcosms of the Body of Christ returning to the kingdom of God reality. True sons of God are returning to our Father – to His ways – His plans – His will – His true kingdom on earth as it is in heaven.
For a very long time most of the church has lived collectively as a prodigal son in the Babylonian world. The church left our Father’s farm (kingdom living) many centuries ago and spent our inheritance in self-aggrandizing religious and foolish living Babylonian style.
In this season when the gospel of the kingdom is again being widely proclaimed for the first time since the first century, God’s forerunners are returning to seeking the kingdom. Babylon is falling and the wasted inheritance is running out.
As far as real kingdom living is concerned, true sons living as the prodigal church are beginning to return to Father and His real kingdom life. The true sons of God are coming to their senses like the prodigal son came to his right mind while feeding pigs and filling his stomach with the same husks. 
The meaning of the word prodigal is wastefully or recklessly extravagant. We are not talking about personal sin and coming back to the church like the prodigal son teaching has been used in the past. That was a good teaching in its season. However, there is a greater kingdom application in the prodigal son story.
We are talking about the collective Body of Christ coming to a sharp turn away from the past toward a real kingdom of God revelation that is transforming our life experience. “As prodigal sons returning, we as the body of Christ are being renewed in the spirit of our minds to our revealed identity. It is revealed identity because behold old things have passed away and all things have become new.” *
In our journey we have received revelation of Christ, the cross, salvation, Holy Spirit baptism and more. All of this has caused us to grow and be progressively changed in our journey toward maturity. However, many, if not most of us, have never fully received a real revelation and impartation of the kingdom of God now on earth. Many of us have been led to believe that the kingdom of God lifestyle was not available to us until after another major work of God in the future.
We have not had the reality of experiencing the fullness of the life of Christ Jesus manifesting His kingly lifestyle in and through us. The valuable kingdom inheritance that has been potentially available to us has been wasted. Because of our not hearing the true gospel of the kingdom we have wasted the kingdom potential. We have spent the gifts and provisions of God’s kingdom on self-centered religious and foolish living.
We are not speaking of only natural potential and resources. The vast potential available to us from our Father in the kingdom of heaven on earth includes such things as spiritual empowerment, love, wisdom, kingdom understanding and more.
A strong desire is developing in the hearts of God’s people to return to who we were created to be – true kingdom sons and daughters of God.
We, the collective true sons of God, long to get back with Father. Feeling we are no longer worthy to be sons of Father God we just want to be servants in His house – in His kingdom. This has set us on a journey from Babylon through the wilderness toward our Father’s house, the true kingdom.
The love, power and wisdom of God to change the world have been there all along. However, we were off in Babylon feeding pigs and starving for the kingdom reality. Wasted lives – centuries of wasting the potential for righteousness, peace and joy on earth as it is in heaven – iscoming to an end in this season.
This is not about us making an emotional decision to turn back to the Father and His kingdom – This is not even primarily about our sin or going to heaven. This is about realizing that we are a tiny part of the worldwide turning to the real King and the real kingdom of heaven coming forth on earth in us.
The real kingdom is coming forth in our day and we get to be a part of it. Praise God! God and His people can turn the upside-down world right side up.
As forerunners, we are now turning the corner.
The prodigal sons of the kingdom are on the road from the life of wasting our Father’s kingdom inheritance. We are on a journey through the wilderness back to connecting with the love, guidance and empowerment that has always been there for us.
I was given two spiritual visions to help understand where we are at this time in this journey. I saw the son walking a narrow mountain road toward home. He is looking down as he ascends the gently sloping road. His head is bowed in the shame for his wasteful living. He is practicing how he will tell his Father that he is no longer worthy to be a son in his Father’s kingdom and how he will plead with Father to let him just be a servant in the kingdom. Ahead is a blind corner. A cliff blocks the view around the corner. Around that corner the kingdom of our Father is in full view at the end of the short straight trail to the kingdom. The first thing he sees as he turns the corner is his longing Father standing looking down the road, watching and waiting for the son of His love (the true church – the sons of God) to return to His kingdom.
Father is looking down the road that we are on, anticipating us turning the corner and coming on to the last stretch of the road toward the kingdom of heaven on earth. Like the father in the parable, our Father has loved us all along and is waiting, looking down the road, longing to see us come around that last corner. He never stopped loving us and has been waiting for many centuries for our return to whom we were created to be. We will never be the same again. We are becoming who we really are in Christ, and Christ in us, the hope of glory.
In Christ, we experience being seated in heavenly places. Christ in us is seated in this world bringing forth His kingdom. We will never again identify with the passions of the past.
  • In Christ – experiencing seated in heavenly places
  • Christ in us – experiencing heaven seated in us on earth
In another vision, I was walking down a familiar-feeling street. Everything along the street was rather plain and a bit out dated in appearance. It was as if it had been this way for a long time. The street ended at a cross street. I turned the corner on to the other street and everything changed. All the businesses were different and excitingly attractive. They were much brighter and more ornate. There was a very different feeling of fresh life on the new street. It was not at all a carnival-type thing. It was a pleasant, safe feeling. It was like the businesses were not attractive to entice people but rather to bless people. It was a joyful peace without fear or strife. Instantly there was a feeling of safely connecting with everything and everyone on this new street.
A Gathering in Liberty
All of the above things came to me prior to attending a gathering this past weekend in Hinesville, Georgia USA. I felt that this gathering would demonstrate all of this from the beginning. I knew that God was heading this gathering into this sharp turn toward kingdom.
I believe that I saw more real change in more people than I have seen in any meeting in the past thirty years. I know that there were more solid relational connections made than I have ever seen in any meeting in my lifetime. Relational gatherings are very real.
Prior to the gathering, I mistakenly thought that I and most, if not all, the others had already left the things of Babylon and the ways of the past. I failed to remember that it is not enough to get out of Babylon; it is also necessary to get Babylon out of us after leaving. I suppose that I just thought we would show up and instantly be around the corner. Well, it didn’t work that way. The first day was not the last day.
On the first day it seemed that most everything reverted back to the past and little or nothing of the expected new kingdom reality showed up. I could not believe that I was speaking the true word from God, but it all came out in the style of the past. In something like a daze, I left speaking from my heart and began preaching in the style of the past. I was speaking the right word from God but in the wrong way and it fell to the ground. And, nothing else seemed very much better.
I know also that there were those who were receiving and really getting it and being blessed. I thank God for that also.
After the first meeting, I and many, if not most, others, were discouraged and greatly disappointed. We were almost sick and broken. It mostly seemed like just more of the same old stuff that we had lost the taste for some time ago. Our search and expectancy for the new seemed to have vanished. I could not understand why things happened as they did and not at all as we expected.
In the end it seems this must have been what God wanted us all to see and feel. I believe now that this first night was an in-our-face presentation of what is passing away that we may be thoroughly turned away from it. We have no appetite in this new season for things that were good and fresh only a short time ago. We were made to see that everything absolutely had to be left behind to enter into the new day that was coming forth. Our hearts were broken and we felt empty.
The next morning started somewhat the same. However, God broke in and stopped what was going on. Many found themselves shut down and on their faces weeping puddles of tears on the floor in very deep repentance. A very real death came to all the stuff of the past era right up to the day before. Stuff died and fell off that we did not know was still there.
The third day there was true resurrection life for many of those who were still there. For me, and I think for many, we became One Spirit with Christ. Absolutely my life and many others I know will never be the same again. There is a bad taste for even the good things of yesterday.
I guess I had forgotten how messy and painful death can be. However, there can be no resurrection until there there has been a death.
Again, I believe that I saw more real change in more people than I have seen in any meeting in the past thirty years. I know that there were more solid relational connections made than I have ever seen in any meeting in my lifetime. Relational gatherings are very real.
Keep on pursuing love. It never fails
and His kingdom never ends.

Ron McGatlin

archive.openheaven.com
basileia@earthlink.net

2. Prophetic Word

by Aline Alexander
September 2010
Turn the corner and don’t look back.
*As prodigal sons returning, we as the body of Christ are being renewed in the spirit of our minds to our revealed identity. It is revealed identity because behold old things have passed away and all things have become new.
In our refusal to grow in hearing his voice, have we gone astray and turned everyone to his own way? We stand before the Lord in this hour, giving account for the body of Christ. Each of us stands and accepts we are our brother’s keeper. When one suffers we all suffer. And so as Daniel did we each have the opportunity to confess the sins of our forefathers. In so doing, we can expect the Lords visitation.

We have come to the point in our migration when it is time for a sharp turn. We have had before us adjustments, deposits, and understandings, and we have made good progress. Now we must prepare to turn the corner and not look back. We must be prepared to never be the same again. We will no longer identify with the passions of the former times. Washed by His word and sprinkled by His blood, the reality of being a chosen people and a holy nation will be rooted in our being. As the seed goes into the ground, dies, germinates and eventually produces, so shall we observe our transformation. Be encouraged as your desires change, and you no longer pursue the goals of assembling your own fortress.

Speak to one another regarding the new vision suddenly appearing complete with creative forces never before imagined. This turn we are taking is about transformation. We will never be the same again. We will never again be invested with manipulating outcomes. We will allow the seed to die, the roots to go in the ground, and the life of God to unfold according to His good pleasure and His creative genius; whose wisdom is unsearchable.

This time is not about doing, it is about being. Be who you are, do what you do and observe that you are changed. It is for us to believe. As we rest in this transforming process and go about our days, acknowledge the eternal. His kingdom, which is not of this world, will permeate the fabric of our existence. As we eat the bread of His presence, and see His appearing during the course of our normal activities, we will be turning the corner that we are meant to turn. No eye has seen, no ear has heard, no mind has conceived what God has prepared for those who love him.

Aline Alexander
Bryan & Aline Alexander
c/o Soleyn Ministries
soleynministries@suddenlink.net

3. Top News Headlines 

Churches a light in the frightening dark for Libya - 3/23/2011
An unknown number of civilians were killed yesterday in the fight between Libyan leader Muammar Gaddafi and opposition forces. The situation is growing increasingly grave for Libyan civilians. People are living off canned food and rainwater and have virtually no access to communications or electricity. SAT-7 is doing their part to encourage them in the name of Christ. Read On: http://archive.openheaven.com/forums/forum_posts.asp?TID=36007&a mp;PN=1&TPN=1

Baby Joseph Gets Tracheotomy, Will Be Able to Go Home - 3/21/2011
A Canadian hospital was planning to take Joseph Maraachli off his venitilator, going against his parents' wishes. But doctors in Missouri have just given him the operation he really needed. Baby Joseph's mom and dad report he's doing well. The child is expected to stay in the pediatric intensive care unit of a Missouri Medical Center for seven to ten days. Read On: http://archive.openheaven.com/forums/forum_posts.asp?TID=35993&a mp;PN=1&TPN=1

Rifqa's Friends Will Not be Charged - 3/21/2011
The six adults that helped the Muslim teenager who converted to Christianity run away from her Ohio home will not be charged. Franklin County, Ohio Prosecutor Ron O’Brien said his decision was due to “a combination of things,” including the difficulty of re-interviewing some of the adults involved. Authorities in Florida closed the case months ago. Read On: http://archive.openheaven.com/forums/forum_posts.asp?TID=35992&a mp;PN=1&TPN=1

Pastor Accused of Withholding Communion Because Tax Refunds Were Not Donated - 3/21/2011
One member of a small Baptist congregation in Houston donated his tax refund to the church. Pastor John Goodman asked who else was going to do it? He also refused to serve communion that Sunday. It's just after that point that the pastor and members disagree. Goodman says the tax refund issue was not the reason he skipped communion. They say it was. Read On: http://archive.openheaven.com/forums/forum_posts.asp?TID=35991&a mp;PN=1&TPN=1

Abstinence Increases: Sexual Counter-Revolution? - 3/21/2011
A new study shows the number of young people who've decided to remain a virgin rose from 22 to 28 percent in just six years. Another study shows the most promiscuous people are also the most depressed, while those who practice sexual restraint are also the happiest. Some Christians are getting organized in order to fight back against a sex-saturated culture. Read On: http://archive.openheaven.com/forums/forum_posts.asp?TID=35990&a mp;PN=1&TPN=1

Report: 75 Percent of Religious Persecution Is Against Christians - 3/19/2011
Seventy five percent of religious persecution in the world is against Christians. That's according to a new report, which says most of the persecution is occurring in the Middle East, Africa and Asia. "Persecuted and Forgotten?" reports countries such as Venezuela, Zimbabwe and even the Holy Land are guilty of religious persecution. Read On: http://archive.openheaven.com/forums/forum_posts.asp?TID=35977&a mp;PN=1&TPN=1

Stalin's 'Railroad of Death' Witnesses Revival - 3/19/2011
In 1949, thousands of Russian political prisoners were ordered to a Siberian labor camp to build a railway. Many died trying to finish the rail line. Today, Pastor Anatoly Marichev is honoring their memory by starting a house of worship, Good News Church, on the very spot that housed many of the prisoners. Among the political captives was Marichev's grandfather. Read On:  http://archive.openheaven.com/forums/forum_posts.asp?TID=35974&a mp;PN=1&TPN=1

Convert from Islam Escapes Egypt with Daughter - 3/23/2011
When the plane carrying Maher El-Gohary and his daughter, Dina Mo'otahssem, took off from Cairo Airport last month, they both wept with joy. After spending two-and-a-half years in hiding for leaving Islam to become Christians, they were elated by their newfound freedom. They hoped that in Syria, they would obtain visas to the United States and start a new life. Read On: http://archive.openheaven.com/forums/forum_posts.asp?TID=36008&a mp;PN=1&TPN=1

Missionaries Arrested After House Prayer Meeting - 3/23/2011
On March 17, they were having one of these home meetings and had just started to pray when a group of anti-Christian extremists broke in and attacked Daya and Garima. The fanatics accused them of forcing people to convert to Christianity, and the police arrested them. Daya and Garima are still in jail and asking for your prayers. Read On: http://archive.openheaven.com/forums/forum_posts.asp?TID=36009&a mp;PN=1&TPN=1

Muslim Student Group a Gateway to Jihad? - 3/23/2011
Radical Islam Incubator - The MSA is a supposedly "mainstream" group that has long operated on college campuses from coast to coast. Yet a 2007 New York Police Department report identified the organization as an "incubator" for Islamic radicalism. The problem can be traced back to the group's roots in the Muslim Brotherhood -- a jihadist movement. Read On: http://archive.openheaven.com/forums/forum_posts.asp?TID=36010&a mp;PN=1&TPN=1

Christian Girl Pulled Out of Class for T-Shirt Mentioning Hell - 3/19/2011
Martin Luther captured public attention by putting Christian words to German beer hall songs. 500 years later Michelle Ramirez used a "curse word" in context to capture the attention of other students. The trouble is her "Jesus, He scares the hell out of you" T-shirt also captured the attention of the school administration, who were not appreciating historical precedent. Read On: http://archive.openheaven.com/forums/forum_posts.asp?TID=35970&a mp;PN=1&TPN=1

State Supreme Court: Homeschooled Girl Must Go to Public School Against Mom’s Wishes - 3/18/2011
Amanda Kurowski started homeschooling in first grade. After her parents divorced, she was forced to see a counselor. Amanda challenged the woman, Janice McLaughlin, on faith issues. McLaughlin recommended the girl needed to face different points of view, instead of drawing so much from her mother's spiritual heritage. The courts have banned Amanda from homeschooling. Read On:  http://archive.openheaven.com/forums/forum_posts.asp?TID=35963&a mp;PN=1&TPN=1 

Legislator Champions Bill to Allow Darwinism to be Questioned - 3/18/2011
Bill Zedler says fear of workplace discrimination is preventing evolution critics from speaking their mind in colleges. Zedler has filed a bill that would change all that. Critic Kathy Miller, of the Texas Freedom Network, hints intelligent design supporters are not being persecuted. Apparently, she has not heard of Dr. Martin Gaskell and the University of Kentucky. Read On: http://archive.openheaven.com/forums/forum_posts.asp?TID=35961&a mp;PN=1&TPN=1

Publisher in China ’legally’ brings out 110 Christian books -- with full government permission - 3/16/2011
An Englishman now living in China has revealed that the company he works for has now brought out 110 Christian books. "I work for an organization called ZDL and we are based in Beijing and are focused on bringing Christian content legally to China,""We also have a number of websites. China is steadily changing and we're trying to work with the government, at their pace." Read On:  http://archive.openheaven.com/forums/forum_posts.asp?TID=35934&a mp;PN=1&TPN=1

Ministry Couple Charged With Mortgage Fraud - 3/14/2011
Clint and Angela Rogers run a large international ministry in Arizona. If they are convicted of 13 counts of conspiracy, money laundering and wire fraud, they could spend years in federal prison. The couple allegedly played around with two-point-five million dollars. Ten others were also arrested. One endorsing minister on their website is already distancing himself. Read On:  http://archive.openheaven.com/forums/forum_posts.asp?TID=35921&a mp;PN=1&TPN=1

Many Outraged Over Prayer Service Held Before Tests - 3/14/2011
Praying for better grades.  That’s what happened inside a Baltimore City school and now legal experts say it violated the separation of church and state. Dozens of students and parents gathered inside Tench Tilghman Elementary and Middle School recently for a Saturday prayer service aimed at motivating students to do well on state testing. Read On:  http://archive.openheaven.com/forums/forum_posts.asp?TID=35920&a mp;PN=1

Former TV Anchor's 15-Year Battle with Alcohol - 3/14/2011
I was ready to get sober, because I was sick and tired of being sick and tired. And I got down on my knees and begged God for help on the morning of March 14, 2007. I said, 'I cannot do this. God help me, and that's when I knew the fight was over. I would not be where I am, which is four years sober — four years without a drink, without God's help. Read On:  http://archive.openheaven.com/forums/forum_posts.asp?TID=35919&a mp;PN=1&TPN=1

Massive quake and tsunami devastate Japan - Drought in Horn of Africa produces dangerous situation - Spiritual nurture helps transform struggling Honduran community - 3/16/2011
"We are now facing the most tragic [natural] disaster in our country's history," said Kenjiro Ban, World Vision's humanitarian and emergency affairs manager in Japan. Ban was part of World Vision's quake response in Haiti this past year. As a child-focused organization, we will focus our efforts on responding to the emotional needs of children. Read On:  http://archive.openheaven.com/forums/forum_posts.asp?TID=35940&a mp;PN=1&TPN=1 

For More Top News Headlines, Go Here: http://archive.openheaven.com/news/headlines/

Unlimited permission to copy and post or reprint without altering text or profiteering is hereby granted subject to proper credits and inclusion of this web address: http://archive.openheaven.com . However, if an item not written by Ron McGatlin is marked Copyright, you should contact the original publisher for permission to reproduce.

Thank you for forwarding the OpenHeaven.com Digest to your mail list.

View Ron McGatlin's Profile Search for other posts by Ron McGatlin Visit Ron McGatlin's Homepage

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version