RaisingThe
Dead

Billy Graham's
Message to
America - Video

How I Escaped
the
Mormon Temple

Older Book Reviews by Steve Eastman (Forum Locked Forum Locked)
OpenHeaven.com Forum : Older Book Reviews by Steve Eastman
Subject Topic: A Review of Thomas Horn’s "Apollyon Rising 2012" Post Reply Post New Topic
Author
Steve Eastman
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Online Status: Offline
Posted: 04/24/2011 at 1:12pm | IP Logged Quote Steve Eastman

A Review of Apollyon Rising 2012 bookcoverThomas Horn’s Apollyon Rising 2012

by Steve Eastman

It would be easy to dismiss Thomas Horn’s Apollyon Rising 2012 as speculative, but that assessment would be intellectually dishonest.  Certainly there is a measure of speculation, but what is more significant is the high degree of scholarship, tracking down clues that most writers in the “last days” field have overlooked.  For this reason, it has something unique to say.  The book documents the plans of those who would use the powers of government to install a new spiritual leader, in an attempt to take the place of Christ.  Thomas Horn’s 233 footnotes prove beyond a shadow of a doubt that this group considers 2012 to be a critical year. 

One of the first bombshells that goes off in the book is the work of Chris Pinto, not Thomas Horn.  Pinto wrote the 25-page Preface, which is a summary of his film The Hidden Faith of the Founding Fathers. While acknowledging the godliness of the Puritans, Pinto exposes a side of Paine, Jefferson, Franklin, Adams and Washington that promoters of the Christian Nation theory of the US do not want you to see.  Using the founders’ own words and the words of those who knew them well, plus evidence from recent archeological excavations, Pinto paints a picture of Rationalism, Freemasonry and sexual debauchery.  He demonstrates that many of the famous pro-Christian quotes linked to the founders are taken out of context; sometimes they come from parodies.

Everyone is familiar with a dollar bill, but few have looked for the origin of a phrase that appears on the back — novus ordo seclorum, “a new order of the ages.”  Horn’s research has uncovered an official record stating that Great Seal designer Charles Thompson adapted the phrase from Magnus ab integro seclorum nascitur ordo (Vergil’s Ecologue IV, line5).  This second phrase means “And the majestic roll of circling centuries begins anew.”  Vergil, a Roman poet, attributes the words to the Cumaean Sibyl, a pagan prophetess of Apollo.  A succession of Sibyls prophesied until around the time of Constantine.  They hunched over fires burning marijuana and other mind-altering substances.  The Sibylline prophecies were unusually accurate, although their source was demonic.  The particular prophecy in question seems to be a reference to the return of Apollo.  Although saeclorum is normally spelt with the diphthong “ae”, the a is dropped on the dollar bill, to better fit an occult numerology pattern.

Horn uncovers other references to the Greek and Roman god, noting “Numerous scholarly and classical works identify ‘Apollyon’ as the god ‘Apollo.’ “  He also links Apollo to the Egyptian god Osiris and the Biblical rebel, Nimrod.  Apollyon, of course, appears in the book of Revelation.

Horn quotes a variety of sources close to Freemasonry to prove the organization expects a major change in this country on December 21, 2012, which would be followed by the seating of Apollo on the top of the symbolic pyramid on the back of the dollar bill in 2016.  It seems the Masons of the late 1700s were knowledgeable of the prophecies related to the end of the Mayan calendar.  Entry-level Masons know little, if anything, of these matters.

I wish to emphasize Horn is not guaranteeing that the timetable supported by various occultists is failsafe.  He is just documenting what they hope to accomplish. 

Thomas Horn and myself come from different eschatological and Kingdom perspectives.  I am a Historicist, believing with the early Reformers that much of Revelation has already been fulfilled.  He is a Futurist, who believes that much of Revelation has not been fulfilled, but will be in the future.  My attitude toward Futurism is  “been there, done that,” nevertheless I consider Horn to be one of the influences who helps me leave the door cracked open enough to allow for still another set of fulfillments

The funny thing is 2012 could come and go with no more  impact than Y2K, because God has the final say on timing, not His challengers.  But Apollyon Rising 2012 will remain on my bookshelf regardless.  Thomas Horn provides an important piece of the puzzle.

Visit the book's webpage.

Edited by Steve Eastman on 04/24/2011 at 7:09pm
View Steve Eastman's Profile Search for other posts by Steve Eastman

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This forum has been locked by a forum administrator.

Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version