Published by Ron & Barbara McGatlin - Basileia Publishing

In This Edition
1. As if it Were Your Last Day
2. With Healing in His Wings 
3. Top News Headlines

Subscribe  to OpenHeaven.com Digest

1. AS IF IT WERE YOUR LAST DAY

By Ron McGatlin

What were the thousands of Japanese people who perished in the recent tsunami doing and thinking the day before the ocean rose up and carried them away? I wonder what Osama bin Laden was thinking about the day before a bullet found its target ending his life? And what was going on in the lives of the hundreds of people in southern USA the day before a rash of tornadoes took them away? I wonder how different the day might have been for all these and many others if they had known that tomorrow would be the last day of their lives. You do not know what will happen tomorrow. For what is your life? It is even a vapor that appears for a little time and then vanishes away. ~ James

It’s almost a certainty that there will be a last day and a day before it for every one of us, including those we love the most. Life and relationships with others are very precious gifts. If we knew that today was our last day or the last day for someone we love, we would probably count every moment as very precious. We would seek to make every minute count to the fullest in loving one another. It would seem so terribly wasteful to use even one minute in worry, strife, or anger.

A day without love is a wasted day.
A day without expressing love through praise to God and to the ones next to us is a wasted day. A lifetime of days spent without expressing real love and sincere praise to God and then to those around us is a wasted life.
Kingdom of God living is experienced and fulfilled in the expression of real love through our actions that praise God and those around us.
This is the most fundamental principle of the kingdom of God on earth. All order of kingdom life is rooted in this principle. Every aspect of life on earth is to be ordered (ruled) by the foundational principle of expressed love. God is love. The expression of God’s love from heaven is released into the earth realm through Christ in His people by the Holy Spirit.
All life in the kingdom emanates from love. All governance of life in the kingdom emanates from love. Love is from God. It is not possible to separate God from love. Without God there is no love, and without love there would be no manifestation of God on earth. God is love.
Without real love there is no kingdom of God on earth, and without the Holy Spirit there is no real love on earth.
  • Love produces righteousness.
  • Righteousness leads to peace.
  • Peace brings joy.
The kingdom of God on earth is righteousness, peace, and joy, in the Holy Spirit. God in the Holy Spirit now abides in His humble people.
Thus, the full potential of the kingdom of God to transform the world into God’s heavenly order rests solidly and firmly within the people of God now on earth.
All of the saints of God that have gone before have faithfully done their part and brought us to this time. However, they no longer have the potential to bring forth the kingdom on earth. Their time for that has passed.
After our last day on earth, none of us will have the potential to bring forth the kingdom of heaven on earth. Only in the days in which we are alive and in this world do we have the potential to bring forth the kingdom of God on earth.
Our time is now. Is there anything of greater importance and significance than fully doing our part to bring forth the kingdom of God in this world?

Our part is to be fully available for God to work in and through us to bring forth His love ruling His kingdom on earth. Two major things involved in our being available are that we are WILLING and that we BELIEVE. It is God by His Holy Spirit who is forming the Spirit of Christ in us to do the supernatural works of love, wisdom, and power to transform the world into the kingdom of God on earth as it is in heaven.
A Fresh Outpouring of Life
A fresh surge of life is being poured out in the Spirit – exciting, powerful, and loving kingdom life rushing as a wind from heaven into the hearts and lives of His people.
We do not know how many days or years we have left to bring forth the exciting life of the kingdom of God on earth. Personally, I do not want to waste another one of them. My heart’s desire and passion is to be used of Him every day, including that last one whenever it comes, being fully alive in Him and with all that is within me imparting His love and His kingdom as much as possible to as many as possible.
In this fresh surge of heavenly life that is coming upon us in this season, there is potential for greater and more rapid kingdom advancement than we have ever known before. By the moving of the Spirit, we can do more kingdom business in less time and with seemingly less effort on our parts. Love is powerfully motivating us into relational connections and joint efforts that are a thousand times more potent than we have been separately in the past.
We do not need fleshly human stimulation to arouse our excitement. Our excitement arises from within by the Spirit stirring love and passion for the kingdom in our hearts. Every direction we look there is human weakness and lack of truth and passion in Christians. They are in great need of living examples of the vibrant love and joy of the Lord exploding into great productivity of kingdom life before them.
Even as the smell of death arises from the valley of the shadow, resurrection life is pouring out its fragrance of righteousness. Today God is calling to the living to arise in the joy of love and power to transform that which is before us into the kingdom of our God.
Lift up your eyes and see the glory of the Lord falling upon you illuminating you with the Spirit of brightness and shining out imparting life to the half-dead and joy to the living. Let the strength of the joy of the Lord spread like a godly virus exploding across the Body of Christ that is now coming together by the Spirit.
Arise from the shadows of life into the brightness of holiness in the glory of God. Let your kingdom light shine to the world around you. Stand upon the hill of the Lord and with boldness throw off the coverings of the past. With great affection lift your heart and your face to that which is above. Let the countenance of your face reflect the glory of God streaming down upon you. The joy of the Lord is among us this day – the day of the advancement of the kingdom of God on earth – the day of fulfillment of the sacrificial labor of the saints of history.
Heb 11:37-40: They were stoned, they were sawn in two, were tempted, were slain with the sword. They wandered about in sheepskins and goatskins, being destitute, afflicted, tormented; of whom the world was not worthy. They wandered in deserts and mountains, in dens and caves of the earth. And all these, having obtained a good testimony through faith, did not receive the promise, God having provided something better for us, that they should not be made perfect apart from us.
Father, we pray, in the name of Jesus, help us to finish well the labor of the saints of history in bringing forth the reality of the glory of Your kingdom on earth as it is in heaven. Your kingdom come and Your will be done on earth now, in our lives. Shine forth Your glory of love through Your people that are alive on earth now. Amen.

Keep on pursuing love. It never fails
and His kingdom never ends.

Ron McGatlin

archive.openheaven.com
basileia@earthlink.net

2. With Healing In His Wings

A TURNING OF HEARTS, A TURNING OF THE PAGE

We must lay down what we have known and perceived to be of value. In the face of Father and His great love we are as unfaithful prodigal sons, yet He receives us unreservedly as we approach Him with faith as a child. The ensuing days will be as if we had awakened from a dream, and we will forget the former things, new things have come: When the LORD turned again the captivity of Zion, we were like them that dream. Then was our mouth filled with laughter, and our tongue with singing: then said they among the heathen, The LORD has done great things for them. The LORD has done great things for us; whereof we are glad. Turn again our captivity, O LORD, as the streams in the south. They that sow in tears shall reap in joy. He that goes forth and weeps, bearing precious seed, shall doubtless come again with rejoicing, bringing his sheaves with him.

But unto you that fear my name shall the Sun of righteousness arise with healing in his wings; and ye shall go forth, and grow up as calves of the stall. Father says, "Now is the day of my healing, now is the day in which those who fear my name and honor me shall go forth in freedom leaping as calves who have been kept in a stall, but now are freed. The time of affliction and infirmity of my beloved one has ended, the Day of the Lord is at Hand." Great healing is come to Father's own. Perseverance in the midst of trails and weakness is bearing fruit in this hour. Father says, "I have seen your weakness and you trails, and I now move my hand on your behalf. The world will tremble, the powers will all be shaken, but My name in your midst is a strong tower."  

HEALING IN COMMUNION
While I have experienced healing in many ways in my life, Father has made it clear that for myself and many others another level of healing from the effects of the fall is coming in communion (common union)with others. There is a fullness that is found only in communion with the body. For those able to accept it, It has always been the will of God that Christ would be known in fullness in His body, truly the glory of God in Christ is being revealed in us. We are complete in Him, and we are also ONE IN HIM with others. Their strengths and graces in Him are available to us in relationship, and what He has given us is made available to others; the Life Blood flows and healing comes to the body. It is in effect HIM that we receive in others! There is coming a place of losing distinction as to what is Him and us as we become ONE with Him. There is a healing of mind, body, soul and spirit that is about to burst forth like a dam that has been blocked for nearly an age. 

The healing coming forth is a result of His children returning to Him, and as a result returning to communion (common union) with each other as members of his body. Christ is coming to us in fullness as we receive Him and the portion He is releasing through his people. Truly, our "communion" of fellowship is in His blood, and we are partakers (part) of His body. For His blood courses through the veins of His body bringing life to the separate members. As we come together unified IN HIM, healing and life is flowing. I Cor. 10:16-17 The cup of blessing which we bless, is it not the fellowship of the blood of the Christ? The bread which we break, is it not the fellowship of the body of the Christ? For one loaf of bread means that many are one body, for we are all partakers of that one loaf.

DISCERNING THE BODY
When the body has a severed part the blood does not flow and life leaves the severed part. We must clearly separate from that which is NOT HIM. But, we are expected to be ONE body corporately as we become ONE with Him individually. The weakness and sickliness that have come from not "discerning" His body is ceasing as He bring to an end the division and "cutting off" of the true members of his body.  I Cor. 11:29-30 For he that eats and drinks unworthily, eats and drinks judgment to himself, not discerning the Lord's body. For this cause many are weak and sickly among you, and many sleep. 

We cannot hope to truly discern in the flesh those that are of Him and those that are not. By the Spirit we know apart from doctrinal agreement and diversity of gifts and callings those that are in Him. I was given a prophetic word with this scripture: "If you do away with the yoke of oppression, with the pointing finger and malicious talk, and if you spend yourselves in behalf of the hungry and satisfy the needs of the oppressed, then your light will rise in the darkness, and your night will become like the noonday." I have personally been moved by Holy Spirit to spend my energies on behalf of those hungry for truth and meeting needs of those oppressed by religion. He is delivering me from the need to "point out" the failings of others and begin to build a bridge of common union in Christ with those who are in Him.  

We have transitioned into a new day, where operating gifts in isolation falls short of the glory that He wants to reveal to us and in us. There is love that is in the Spirit that those who are truly His must unite in that breaks down barriers and brings the healing flow. Let there be a healing flow from Him, and let it begin with me.

In His Love
Kriston Couchey
http://my.opera.com/Boanerges/blog/ 

3. Top News Headlines 

David Wilkerson's Son Urges Prayer for His Mother - 5/4/2011
Rev. David Wilkerson's wife, Gwen Wilkerson, is still recovering in the hospital from the crash that killed her husband. On Wednesday, doctors worked to repair a broken hip she suffered during the accident. Gary Wilkerson urged supporters: "Please pray as she in surgery today to repair a broken hip. Pray also for her emotional strength after suffering such a loss."  Read On:
http://archive.openheaven.com/forums/forum_posts.asp?TID=36460&a mp;a mp;PN=1&TPN=1

Pakistan: A mixed reaction on Osama bin Laden's death - 5/2/2011
Moderates soon began celebrating the news including some students at a local university in Islamabad. There were also celebrations from moderates in Islamabad, Lahore and Karachi. Abbottabad, however, is different. The city is deserted. Some of the local media is showing a biased reaction to the news of the killing and appear to be glorifying Osama Bin Laden. Read On:
http://archive.openheaven.com/forums/forum_posts.asp?TID=36435&a mp;a mp;PN=1&TPN=1

Egypt's Christians: A Dying Population? - 4/30/2011
Egyptian Coptics belong to one of the oldest Christian communities in the world. The Apostle Mark established a church in the city of Alexandria just 10 years after Christ's ascension. But today, many Egyptian Christians are considering leaving the country because they fear radical Islamists have hijacked the nation's democratic revolution. Read On:
http://archive.openheaven.com/forums/forum_posts.asp?TID=36405&a mp;a mp;PN=1&TPN=1

Ohio UM Church Promotes Homosexuality as a Gift, Not a Sin - 4/30/2011
A United Methodist Church is challenging the denomination's stand on homosexuality. Its billboard proclaims "Being Gay is a Gift from God." But according to a Methodist church court ruling, performing same sex marriages is a "chargeable offense." One critic raises an interesting question — Why would God bestow this ‘gift’ only to condemn it throughout the Bible? Read On:
http://archive.openheaven.com/forums/forum_posts.asp?TID=36406&a mp;a mp;PN=1&TPN=1

California Highway Patrolman Arrests Man for Reading the Bible - 4/30/2011
Officer Damen Meyer may think twice before he tries to arrest someone for reading the Bible again. Meyer was caught on tape and is being sued for false arrest. It's all on YouTube. The officer charged Mark Mackey with impeding an open business, even though he stood 50 feet from the entrance of the Department of Motor Vehicles, which was not even open at the time. Read On:
http://archive.openheaven.com/forums/forum_posts.asp?TID=36409&a mp;a mp;PN=1&TPN=1

The Selling Of Innocence - 5/4/2011
It looked like a pile of old dirty rags on the sidewalk, but stop, there is a person under the rags. It's a boy? No, a girl..Her head lying on the sidewalk is covered in matted hair, hiding the mostly dirt and soot covered face. My daughter says, "It's a girl. She's always there when I go to class and to the store etc. and she is always asleep." Read On:
http://archive.openheaven.com/forums/forum_posts.asp?TID=36461&a mp;a mp;PN=1&TPN=1

Extremism law continues to cause confusion in Russia - 5/4/2011
Russia still has a Law on extremism, and these days, it's being used as a club. The controversial law has been on the books for nine years and is the target of increasing criticism for its broadness. There are concerns that authorities will exploit the law to persecute religious minorities, intimidate the media and clamp down on opposition activists. Read On:
http://archive.openheaven.com/forums/forum_posts.asp?TID=36462&a mp;a mp;PN=1&TPN=1

Pro-Life Billboard Banned in Australia, But Euthanasia Ad OK - 5/3/2011
The Advertising Standards Bureau (ASB) in Australia has banned billboards that read “The casualty list of every abortion: 1 dead, 1 wounded.” The ASB found the billboard to be “contrary to prevailing community standards on health and safety." But pro-lifers point out the ASB seems to have looser standards when it comes to promoting euthanasia. Read On:
http://archive.openheaven.com/forums/forum_posts.asp?TID=36445&a mp;a mp;PN=1&TPN=1

Report: Christians Live Healthier, Longer - 4/29/2011
Those who go to church regularly generally add seven years to their life expectancy, but for African Americans the average is fourteen extra years. That's according to a study of 20 thousand Americans — one of the studies cited by "Health Benefits of the Christian Faith."  The report is published by the UK-based Christian Medical Fellowship. Read On:
http://archive.openheaven.com/forums/forum_posts.asp?TID=36395&a mp;a mp;PN=1&TPN=1

For More Top News Headlines,
Go Here: http://archive.openheaven.com/news/headlines/

Unlimited permission to copy and post or reprint without altering text or profiteering is hereby granted subject to proper credits and inclusion of this web address: http://archive.openheaven.com . However, if an item not written by Ron McGatlin is marked Copyright, you should contact the original publisher for permission to reproduce.

Thank you for forwarding the OpenHeaven.com Digest to your mail list.

Edited by Ron McGatlin on 05/20/2011 at 7:42am
View Moderator's Profile Search for other posts by Moderator

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version