Published by Ron & Barbara McGatlin - Basileia Publishing

In This Edition
1. Living Beyond
2. Entering The Kingdom
3. Top News Headlines

Subscribe To OpenHeaven.com Digest

1. Living Beyond 

By Ron McGatlin

Many people of God believe that the nations of the world are headed into a time of strong corrective judgment. There are a number of views about what this means and how to prepare or respond in light of the impending season of potentially severe difficulty. Is it possible to live in peace and have a prosperous soul in such times as appear to be coming upon the world? The next question that arises is what, if anything is beyond this potentially difficult and destructive season?
God is opening a door before His people, a door to a life far beyond the life we have been living.
Far beyond the cares of this life, a door has opened for those who will to enter.
Beyond the noise of strife and struggle lies an ocean of peace and quiet – unlimited power awaits those who will enter. The potential of the ages has come to rest upon those who will receive it. The life for which many have striven passes away beyond the door.
The glory of our accomplishments and achievements fades – our previous life melts like heated wax. Substance of natural human mind-power and human strength of soul is like a wax statue in the heat of this day of the Lord.
Peace is a place beyond understanding - above knowledge and activity. It is a place of ultimate strength and assurance – a place where faith is easy and labor is not hard – it is truly a place where our yokes are easy and our burdens light.
Entering this open door is an individual personal thing. No natural person can carry you through. Only Christ Jesus can walk with you through the door to peace. The door’s name is oneness with God. Becoming one with God through Christ Jesus by the Holy Spirit is the door to REST. No longer alone and no longer striving to do or become. It is a place of having arrived at living beyond all need. Nothing is lacking that is needed to be at a place of rest in peace. Truly all is well with our soul and our anchor holds in the solid rock when the sea billows roll. Natural circumstances have nothing at all to do with this rest in God.
Oneness with God precedes unity with others.
How shall two walk together except they be agreed, and what fellowship has light with darkness?
Becoming one Spirit with Christ Jesus leads to having the mind of Christ. His will becomes our will. His character and nature become ours. We become as Christ is in this world. True unity first develops between us and God. We then have the potential to be in perfect unity with every other person who is also walking in oneness with God. After becoming one with Christ we need only to connect and gather with others who are one with God to experience walking in true unity with one another.
"I do not pray for these alone, but also for those who will believe in Me through their word; that they all may be one, as You, Father, are in Me, and I in You; that they also may be one in Us, that the world may believe that You sent Me. And the glory which You gave Me I have given them, that they may be one just as We are one: I in them, and You in Me; that they may be made perfect in one, and that the world may know that You have sent Me, and have loved them as You have loved Me.” ~ Jesus
Entering the open door into peace is the beginning of entering into fruitful productive living.  Walking in oneness with Christ brings limitless love, power, and wisdom to begin to effect spiritual change in the natural world. Coming together in unity (oneness) with others multiplies the potential to bring change to the world.
"Again I say to you that if two of you agree on earth concerning anything that they ask, it will be done for them by My Father in heaven. For where two or three are gathered together in My name, I am there in the midst of them." ~ Jesus
Where there are two or more in true unity, there is increased power to bring forth the kingdom of God. Being gathered together in His name speaks of a gathering of individuals who are one with Christ and with each other. There is a powerful supernatural corporate presence of Christ in the midst of believers, who are one with Christ and gathered together in agreement. Multitudes truly walking in oneness with Christ could have tremendous impact upon the world.
A group in oneness with Christ has awesome potential in prayer. Agreement in prayer is vital to the kingdom coming forth in a community and in the world. A powerful manifest presence of God can show up among a gathering where all those present are in agreement in Christ. However, when there are people present as part of a gathering who are not becoming one with Christ, the power and manifest presence in the group will be lacking.
If we are one with Christ, we will experience a lack of intimate relationship at the same spiritual depth of oneness with those who are not. Those who are not becoming one with God will not be in full unity with those who are. There can and should be relationship. But there will not be same depth of full unity. In oneness with Christ there is always the love of God flowing to everyone. However, there will not be the same level of receiving from everyone.
God will not become one with that which is not holy.
God’s mercy and the blood of Christ shed on the cross are for redemption of sinners. The grace of God is the cleansing work of Christ in the Holy Spirit indwelling and empowering the redeemed to become pure and holy people of God. True holiness in this life is a possibility and God’s desire for every person who comes to Christ. However, to enter into full REST in this life, we must mature through the process of cleansing from mixture by fully cooperating with and appropriating the finished work of Christ in us by the Holy Spirit. The Holy Spirit of God will not fill completely and fully abide in vessels of unholy mixture. The Spirit and the blood are present to save, heal, and deliver us in preparation for our being completely saturated and filled with the Spirit of God. Saved and cleansed we become clean vessels set apart to become one Spirit with Christ. Father in Christ, Christ in us, and us in Christ, we become one with God.
All this and more is possible for each of us, IF we will seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness and set our minds on things above, not on things on the earth.
But above all these things put on love, which is the bond of perfection. And let the peace of God rule in your hearts, to which also you were called in one body; and be thankful. ~ Paul
Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus. ~ Paul

Keep on pursuing love. It never fails
and His kingdom never ends.

Ron McGatlin

archive.openheaven.com
basileia@earthlink.net

2. Entering The Kingdom

SEEING THE KINGDOM
Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God
. While being born of the Spirit gives the ability to see the kingdom; seeing the kingdom and entering it are not the same. We can stand at the border of a city and observe its activities and how people travel to and from that city and still not enter that city. Seeing it does not mean we partake of its lifestyle or becoming a citizen of that city. As it regards the kingdom of God, Jesus spoke clearly about the manner in which the kingdom of God is entered. From what He showed us there are conditions or prerequisites to entering the kingdom.

LOSING YOUR OWN LIFE Then said Jesus to his disciples, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me. For whoever will save his life shall lose it: and whoever will lose his life for my sake shall find it. The Gospel of the kingdom is like a seed. A seed may be planted in the ground, but the growth and the bearing of fruit of that seed is dependent upon right soil conditions. Jesus made it clear in the Parable of the Sower that there were conditions of the heart that either hindered or helped the seed grow to become a mature plant that bears fruit. There is one paramount heart condition: Truly, truly, I say to you, Except a corn of wheat fall into the ground and die, it stays alone: but if it die, it brings forth much fruit. There came a time after years of Spirit filled "ministry" when I personally lost my life and abandoned all and stood before Him empty without the baggage of ministry, church, doctrines, anointing, gifts, and call. It became a time of just beholding Him. I began to experience a kingdom reality that transcended my understanding and spiritual gifts. In that place of losing my own life, I found it in Him.

LIKE A CHILD Truly I say to you, Whoever shall not receive the kingdom of God as a little child shall in no wise enter therein "Humble teachableness" is the word that comes to me when I think of a child. Humble teachableness means flexible and changeable to align our beliefs, our being, and our actions according to WHATEVER our Father would desire of us. The kingdom is not complicated, and it only takes the faith of child to receive and enter the kingdom. A child believes what His Father says, and does what he sees his Father do. It is such as these that enter the kingdom. This is rest; to simply believe, accept, love, and trust Father fully in every circumstance, like a child.

DOING HIS WILL Not everyone who says to me, 'Lord, Lord,' will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only he who does the will of my Father who is in heaven.Those who have entered the kingdom do His will. The kingdom of God is manifest as the will of God is done FIRST within us, and then through us. Entering the kingdom is realized as we become the very dwelling place of God on the earth, and express that oneness in obedience to His will. From this dwelling of union with Him; His will is done, His kingdom comes upon the earth as it is heaven. For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God. The kingdom of God is what Jesus demonstrated as a Son in perfect oneness with Father God's will. All those who are led by His Spirit do His will, and are sons in the kingdom of their Father. 

ENTERING THE KINGDOM
The greatest hindrance to the gospel of the kingdom for Jesus was not from sinners. They welcomed Him as He brought them healing and wholeness. In Jesus' day the established "system" of religion resisted and killed Jesus. ...for you shut up the kingdom of heaven against men: for you neither go in yourselves, neither suffer you them that are entering to go in.  The gospel of the kingdom is still resisted by the same religious mindset that is unwilling to lose it's life and holds selfishly to it's ministry, it's traditional church structure, it's position of influence, it's monetary gain; and will not enter the kingdom. We each must lose our own life as it regards the religious mindset that opposes the kingdom. We must also not let "well meaning" men and women bound to religious mindsets hinder us from entering the kingdom.  

I believe there are some reading this who are truly seeking to find Life in Christ that has eluded them in their experience with church life. You have been born again, you have been filled with the Spirit, but you are unsatisfied and see the emptiness of man's religion. Your ONLY hope is to lose your life and abandon everything you have known or think you know and come before Him like a little child. No complex doctrine. No gift or ministry credentials. Nothing to prove. Just come face to face with Him with NOTHING but a simple faith as a child who loves their Dad. And where He leads you, GO!

In His Love
Kriston Couchey
http://my.opera.com/Boanerges/blog/

3. Top News Headlines 

Netanyahu Speech Gets Mixed Reviews in Israel - 5/25/2011
While Netanyahu declared Jerusalem would remain united under Israeli rule, he also acknowledged that some Jewish "settlements" would end up beyond Israel's borders in any future peace agreement. "What we saw today, that the prime minister accepted the vision of President Obama with only one change, major change, that he says that Jerusalem will be united," Read On: http://archive.openheaven.com/forums/forum_posts.asp?TID=36700&a mp;PN=1&TPN=1

Seniors Hold Prayer Despite Atheist's Threats - 5/25/2011
At the recommendation of an attorney, school administrators reprinted all the announcements to rid any mention of prayer in the program. Instead, a "Moment of Silence" was listed. But when graduating senior Laci Rae Mattice stood to lead the moment of silence, she instead recited the Lord's Prayer. "I feel that I can't go on without giving glory to my Lord today," Read On: http://archive.openheaven.com/forums/forum_posts.asp?TID=36702&a mp;PN=1&TPN=1

Has the Baton Been Passed to the Asian Church? - 5/25/2011
Last week in Singapore I saw the future of Christianity—and it has a definite Chinese flavor. “Missionary strategists have already predicted that by 2035 China will be a Christian nation. Then nations of Asia, including Singapore, are positioned to be 21st century Antiochs.” Hundreds of young mostly Chinese, jammed to the front on their knees sobbing singing. Read On: http://archive.openheaven.com/forums/forum_posts.asp?TID=36705&a mp;PN=1&TPN=1

Bill Keeping Homosexuality Out of Elementary and Middle School Curricula Passes Tennessee Senate - 5/21/2011
Sometimes progress means returning to something that has worked well in the past. The Tennessee Senate has taken a step in that direction by restricting curricula that discuss homosexuality to high school. The House is expected to take up the measure next year. The sponsor of the bill is Senator Stacy Campfield, who describes himself as a Christian on his webpage. Read On: http://archive.openheaven.com/forums/forum_posts.asp?TID=36653&a mp;PN=1&TPN=1

Two Sisters Say the Girl Scouts Are No Longer Family Friendly - 5/21/2011
Sydney and Tess Volanski are fighting to stand up for what they believe in, even if it means leaving everything they’ve worked for during the past eight years. The first “eye-opening and jaw-dropping” example of their difference in values occurred in March. That's when the Girl Scouts let Planned Parenthood distribute brochures with sexually explicit material. Read On: http://archive.openheaven.com/forums/forum_posts.asp?TID=36652&a mp;PN=1&TPN=1

Nebraska Passes Law Making ‘Telemed’ Abortions a Felony - 5/23/2011
Nebraska may only have a one-chamber legislature, but it has just done more to fight abortion than many states with both a House and a Senate. A new measure stops chemical webcam abortions before they start in the state. Planned Parenthood began offering the procedure in neighboring Iowa in 2008. It allows urban doctors to offer their killing services to rural customers. Read On: http://archive.openheaven.com/forums/forum_posts.asp?TID=36674&a mp;PN=1&TPN=1

Ex-Megachurch Pastor Arrested on Drunk Driving Charge - 5/23/2011
We haven't heard much from Randy White since his divorce from wife, Paula, and Senator Grassley's televangelist investigation. But now he's in the news again. The former pastor of Church Without Walls, in Tampa, is free on $500 bond after a drunk driving arrest. Police say his blood-alcohol level exceeded Florida's legal limit. Read On: http://archive.openheaven.com/forums/forum_posts.asp?TID=36677&a mp;PN=1&TPN=1

Christian Doctor Investigated for Jesus Talk - 5/23/2011
A British doctor could lose his job for talking to a patient about Jesus Christ. Dr. Richard Scott, a family general practitioner, told a 24 year-old man that Jesus could give him comfort and strength. The patient's mother filed a complaint, claiming the doctor pushed religion on her son. Scott denies that claim and says the patient consented to the conversation. Read On: http://archive.openheaven.com/forums/forum_posts.asp?TID=36679&a mp;PN=1&TPN=1

The All Pakistan Minorities Alliance (APMA) Vows to Carry Forward Shahbaz Bhatti's Mission - 5/25/2011
Bhatti was gunned down on March 2, 2011, in Islamabad by assassins who sprayed the Christian minister's car with gunfire. Dr. Paul Bhatti, brother of Shahbaz Bhatti, the new Chairman of The All Pakistan Minorities Alliance said "I love my homeland and I want to die for a cause like my brother did, I want to make his dream come true and I'll lead my people like he used to." Read On: http://archive.openheaven.com/forums/forum_posts.asp?TID=36704&a mp;PN=1&TPN=1

T.D. Jakes to Franklin Graham: Apologize to Obama - 5/20/2011
T. D. Jakes says Obama is a Christian and so does Franklin Graham, so what's the problem? Evidently the bishop is uncomfortable with the reverend's nuanced approach that recognizes the contrary perception by Muslim countries and the fact that Obama has Islamic roots. According to the Pew Forum on Religion and Public Life, 18% of Americans believe Obama is Muslim. Read On: http://archive.openheaven.com/forums/forum_posts.asp?TID=36646&a mp;PN=1&TPN=1

Zurich Votes to Keep 'Suicide Tourism' Alive - 5/20/2011
The Swiss government is fighting to cut down on suicide tourism. But voters in the canton of Zurich recently turned down intiatives to ban the business as well as assisted suicide in general. More than 1,000 foreigners committed suicide last year in Switzerland, over half from Germany. It's a pay in advance business that's giving the country an unwelcome reputation. Read On: http://archive.openheaven.com/forums/forum_posts.asp?TID=36647&a mp;PN=1&TPN=1

North Carolina County Officials Battle to Keep Open Prayer Podium at Public Meetings - 5/21/2011
Forsyth County, North Carolina is a region with deep spiritual roots. The Moravians settled in what is now Winston Salem in 1753. Today, the Forsyth County Commissioners respect religious diversity. They send identical invitations to every religious leader to pray before county board meetings. But the ACLU is upset that some leaders use the name of Jesus in prayer. Read On: http://archive.openheaven.com/forums/forum_posts.asp?TID=36651&a mp;PN=1&TPN=1

For More Top News Headlines, Go Here: http://archive.openheaven.com/news/headlines/

Unlimited permission to copy and post or reprint without altering text or profiteering is hereby granted subject to proper credits and inclusion of this web address: http://archive.openheaven.com . However, if an item not written by Ron McGatlin is marked Copyright, you should contact the original publisher for permission to reproduce.

Thank you for forwarding the OpenHeaven.com Digest to your mail list.

View Ron McGatlin's Profile Search for other posts by Ron McGatlin Visit Ron McGatlin's Homepage

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version