Published by Ron & Barbara McGatlin - Basileia Publishing

In This Edition
1. Precious Days of God in and Among Us
2. The Believer's Greatest Ability
3. Top News Headlines

Subscribe To OpenHeaven.com Digest

1. Precious Days of God in and Among Us
By Ron McGatlin
For many people in the western world, less and decrease seems to be the recent trend of their lives. In the USA, where I have experienced life for over 78 years, there has not been in my lifetime, until now, a general overall trend toward decrease of lifestyle. Though there have been bumps along the way, in general the trend has been increase.
I speak of general trends and realize there have certainly been some very different exceptions to the overall general trend of lifestyle change over the past 78 years. Also some more isolated geographical areas have changed more slowly. However, overall and in general there has been great change toward material increase in how we think and live.
I was born shortly after what was called the great depression. Compared to today, times were still very poor in 1933 when I was born. However, things were on the increase from the desperate times of the preceding years of the great depression. From that point forward year by year the overall general lifestyle of the people has increased until in comparison to history we have lived as kings in the world.
Truly we became fat in every since of the word. Fat in biblical terms usually meant a very good thing having to do with a good lifestyle free from desperate want or need. During my childhood, working hard and frugal living were major characteristics of life in the USA. Through the decades, hard work and frugality turned into playing hard and consuming more. Thriftiness and saving were largely replaced by spending and consuming as virtues of the day. Credit buying and debt that were frowned upon in the past became norms of the fat life of recent decades.
We grew fat in Christian religion as well. Sitting on pews in rows and being spoon-fed caused us to be sedentary consumers rather than living active spiritual lives. We were always hearing or receiving but with little or no real spiritual life experience.
Twentieth century revival brought new life.
Spiritual revival brought the restoration of the baptism of the Holy Spirit and powerful spiritual life began awakening segments of the church. Gradually throughout the early and mid 1900s some godly people began to experience spiritual life and the return of supernatural spiritual gifts.
Much of the clergy-led religious church systems fought desperately against this move of God. However, in spite of the resistance, Holy Spirit revival swept across the world from the mid 1900s through the rest of the century. Literally hundreds of millions of people were touched and changed by the return of supernatural spiritual ministry of Christ Jesus through the Holy Spirit. We have seen the beginnings of the reality of the works that Jesus and His disciples did, again coming forth in the world.
Beginning in the last two decades of the 1900s a whole new reality began to be uncovered and revealed to men of God who had experienced all of the freshly restored moves of God. The world-changing WORD OF THE KINGDOM began to be revealed again as it had been in the first century. In the 2000s, the gospel of the kingdom is sweeping the world as did the Holy Spirit restoration in the 1900s. The magnitude of change in the 1900s was huge in changing the hearts and lives of God’s people toward true faith and intimate relationship with an all-loving, all-powerful God. The word of the kingdom move of God is much more powerful in changing the world. The Holy Spirit revival changed God’s people. The kingdom revival is changing God’s world. Literally the work has begun – the work of bringing the kingdoms of this world to become the kingdoms of our God under the full headship of the KING Christ Jesus.
The Holy Spirit revival and renewal was focused largely on changing the people. The Kingdom revival is focused and changing the world. God has been and is preparing a people in whom Christ can safely and fully dwell to bring forth the fullness of salvation of mankind and the restoration of the world. This is a supernatural work of Christ Jesus by the Spirit who raised Him from the dead and now is raising multitudes from dead religion into His marvelous light of life filled with righteousness, peace, and joy by the Holy Spirit.
God is releasing the seed of the word of the kingdom into hearts around the world. The seed grows and multiplies in the good soil of hearts prepared by the work of the Spirit. The kingdom of God on earth is NOW growing to maturity in the hearts of multitudes of men and women around the world who are in turn being sent as seeds of the kingdom into the natural world. The kingdom of God is spreading across the land like leaven in a lump of dough. It is not by humanly devised systems or political powers but by the Spirit of God moving in the hearts and the bodies of maturing sons of God.
Because the kingdom of God is coming forth into the world, all other kingdoms must eventually come down. The less or decrease we are beginning to experience now is the beginnings of the kingdoms of this world that are not of God coming down to make place for the kingdom of God to rule and reign where the kingdoms of man once ruled.
The Presence of God Awareness
Christ abides in His people. However, some of God’s people are not truly aware of His presence within them. When the Holy Spirit arises within us like a well of living water springing up and flowing the life of Christ, the presence of God in us becomes manifest to us. We become aware of His life filling our hearts with the glory of His righteousness, peace, and joy. This causes a spiritual aura or atmosphere of His presence around us as well as in us.
When we gather in agreement with others in whom the Holy Spirit is arising as rivers of living water, the presence of God aura or atmosphere around them meets with the atmosphere of God around us and the presence of God becomes manifest among us. Holy angels (ministering spirits) are drawn to the tangible manifest presence of God among His people. Spiritual blessings and many supernatural spiritual works often become manifest in this tangible manifest presence of God in and among His people. Lives are changed as works and gifts of God are received in these times of God moving within and among His people by His Spirit.
The works of the kingdom of God are more evident and more easily received in the manifest presence of God within and among a gathering of God’s people in whom the Spirit of God is arising. An awareness of being encompassed and saturated in love may occur. Faith is abundant and positive expectant hope may fill our souls. In this experience, powerful encouragement and specific instruction from the Lord by His Spirit can empower us for a lifetime of fruitful service and ministry to touch the world. The kingdom of God is advanced by the working of the life of God in His Spirit within and among us.
There are no theological debates or critical evaluations of men that can ever take away the reality of having experienced the manifest presence of God.
May the manifest presence of God within you and among those with whom you gather establish the spiritual kingdom of God wherever you go.
May the love of God be poured out in and through you to change the world around you.
Ron McGatlin

archive.openheaven.com
Ron’s New Blog: http://ronmcgatlin.blogspot.com/
basileia@earthlink.net

2. The Believer's Greatest Ability - The DNA of the New Kingdom Order

By David Orton

"Make me know Your ways, O LORD; Teach me Your paths."
Psalms 25:4

To fear the Lord is to be taught of the Lord.

In fact, the fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom.

But this wisdom is so beyond human ken it must be supernatural. Therefore, only by imbibing the "spirit of the fear of the Lord" (Isa 11:2) will we be filled with the desire and the ability to learn His ways.

But how does the "spirit of the fear of the Lord" work?

The majesty of God

First, confronted by the majesty of God, my stubbornly held autonomy is broken and I inwardly bow.

In awe of Him I yield and lose myself in the divine embrace. Relinquishing to Him my very personhood He becomes my King and I his slave. My rebellion dissolves and I am given a new spirit - one that trembles at His word. And so, every futile attempt at self-salvation is relinquished.  Laying aside my rights and my will, even in the face of injustice, I entrust myself to Him as a faithful Creator. And finally my broken and contrite heart becomes a sacrifice that is acceptable to God (see Psa 51).

Teachable relationships

Secondly, the spirit of the fear of the Lord flows through into teachable relationships, especially with those whom God sets in Christ's body as spiritual overseers and shepherds of the flock.

If our hearts have been conquered by the fear of the Lord we will pursue wisdom and counsel. We will seek out teachable relationships with authentic men and women of God in whom we can confide. The habit of our lives will demonstrate the humility of heart that seeks out the wisdom of the wise.

As the wisdom writer declares,

The fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge; But fools despise wisdom and instruction.
Proverbs 1:7

Without consultation, plans are frustrated, But with many counselors they succeed.
Proverbs 15:22

The way of a fool is right in his own eyes, But a wise man is he who listens to counsel.
Proverbs 12:15

Whether we are wise or a fool is shown by whether we have heart relationship with spiritual teachers who are intimates of God. The wise are always teachable, seeking out the wisdom of the wise. Fools, on the other hand, are wise in their own eyes, preferring their own counsel. In fact, they scoff, making light of the teaching of the wise.

A wise son accepts his father's discipline, But a scoffer does not listen to rebuke.
Proverbs 13:1

The loss of the fear of the Lord and consequent refusal to engage in teachable relationships is the source of much demonic disorder in the body of Christ.

Who is wise and understanding among you? Let him show by good conduct that his works are done in the meekness of wisdom. But if you have bitter envy and self-seeking in your hearts, do not boast and lie against the truth. This wisdom does not descend from above, but is earthly, sensual, demonic. For where envy and self-seeking exist, confusion (disorder) and every evil thing are there. But the wisdom that is from above is first pure, then peaceable, gentle, willing to yield, full of mercy and good fruits, without partiality and without hypocrisy.
James 3:13-17 NKJV

The anointing that teaches

Lastly, you may exclaim, "Aren't I a priest of the new covenant, with direct access to Christ Himself? Why do I need relationship with spiritual teachers?"

The answer is, "Yes", to the first question and, "Because you are proud", to the second. The kingdom of God operates on laws of humility and interdependence. This is why the ecclesia functions as a body, each member connected and dependent on the other.

Even so, as John explains there is an anointing that teaches.

As for you, the anointing which you received from Him abides in you, and you have no need for anyone to teach you; but as His anointing teaches you about all things, and is true and is not a lie, and just as it has taught you, you abide in Him.
1 John 2:27 NAS

Clearly, the Holy Spirit is the divine Teacher operating through human teachers who are given, according to Ephesians chapter four, as gifts to the body. Otherwise, John, as an apostle and teacher, would not be writing these very words.

If you have imbibed the spirit of the fear of the Lord and received those whom God sends as wise teachers the Holy Spirit will witness as to whether their words are true or not.

And so, the believer's greatest ability is always their teachability.

David Orton

REPRINT AGREEMENT: Duplication and re-transmission of this writing is permitted provided that complete source and website information for Lifemessenger is included.
Thank you.
Copyright - David Orton 2011
www.lifemessenger.org
Lifemessenger Inc.
PO Box 777
Mount Eliza VIC 3930
Australia

3. Top News Headlines 

Denmark: Helle is learning to do miracles - Denmark: "Seriously, I can’t handle this!" - 6/15/2011
Helle is a young Danish woman who came to Christ three weeks ago and was baptized immediately. Torben invited her to come to the city and pray for people who are sick. Helle prays a simple prayer: To her own amazement they get healed. - One woman, who just got healed in her legs and no longer needs crutches, exclaims in tears: "Seriously, I can't handle this!" Read On:   http://archive.openheaven.com/forums/forum_posts.asp?TID=36978&a mp;PN=1&TPN=1

Australian 'miracle man' says that prayer healed him from a broken neck and partial quadriplegia - 6/15/2011
Australian doctors were baffled when Andrew Carter walked from the hospital where he was being treated following a terrible motor cycle accident back in March, 1996, which had left him totally paralyzed. "I was told I would live the rest of my life in a wheelchair, so I turned to prayer." Carter made a dramatic appearance at the Christian Medical Conference in Brisbane. Read On: http://archive.openheaven.com/forums/forum_posts.asp?TID=36976&a mp;PN=1&TPN=1

‘Back from the Dead’ - A doctor brings an amazing report during Brisbane medical conference - 6/15/2011
A Christian group of doctors and medical professionals listened in shocked amazement as one of their own told the incredible story of how he came back from the dead. “I was dead for 1 hour and 25 minutes, but came back to life after my wife prayed a simple prayer.” Dr. George provided medical data on a large screen for the other doctors to check out. Read On: http://archive.openheaven.com/forums/forum_posts.asp?TID=36975&a mp;PN=1&TPN=1

Al-Qaeda Call for Western Muslims to Attack Houses of Worship - 6/15/2011
A newly released video by Al-Qaeda calls for attacks on churches. The video encourages western Muslims to conduct individual violent jihad against sacred places. The video also provides guidance on how to conduct violent jihad, operate in secrecy, attack public figures, and to launch cyber attacks - without any specific names or targets. Read On: http://archive.openheaven.com/forums/forum_posts.asp?TID=36977&a mp;PN=1&TPN=1

House Examines Islamization in U.S. Prisons - 6/15/2011
For years, law enforcement officials have said the prison atmosphere is ripe for radicalization recruitment, from violent Islamic extremism to white supremacy and Latino gangs. Lawmakers say that's dangerous for the U.S. Rep. Peter King, R-N.Y., led a hearing on the growing Islamic radicalization behind bars. He warned the threat in U.S. prisons "remains real and present." Read On: http://archive.openheaven.com/forums/forum_posts.asp?TID=36972&a mp;PN=1&TPN=1

Refugees: Christians take flight -- a call to pray for Christians fleeing war, threat and violent persecution - 6/15/2011
The number of Christians fleeing for their lives is skyrocketing. Those with financial means may emigrate or fly out and apply for refugee status in the West, an arduous enough process. However, poorer Christians must risk death traversing deserts, oceans and dangerous cities, while dodging bandits and people-traffickers just to seek refuge in a neighbouring state. Read On: http://archive.openheaven.com/forums/forum_posts.asp?TID=36971&a mp;PN=1&TPN=1

US Senators: Obama Administration Threat to Indiana Over Planned Parenthood an ‘Alarming’ Overreach - 6/13/2011
Twenty-eight US Senators are protesting the Obama administration's threat to strip away Indiana's health care moneys. Governor Mitch Daniels recently did the unthinkable. He signed a law cutting off Planned Parenthood from federal funding in the state. The abortion provider has been caught in numerous hidden camera stings over the last several years. Read On: http://archive.openheaven.com/forums/forum_posts.asp?TID=36955&a mp;PN=1&TPN=1

Muslims Blamed for Shooting Deaths of Pastor and Church Secretary - 6/11/2011
Pastor David Usman had once said that unless the Nigerian government faced up to the challenges of a certain extremist group, innocent people would die. His words may have proven prophetic. Usman and his church secretary, Hamman Andrew, are the latest casualties of the Boko Haram sect. The 45 year-old pastor was shot in the area where his church is located. Read On: http://archive.openheaven.com/forums/forum_posts.asp?TID=36898&a mp;PN=1&TPN=1

Pakistani Families Flee after Another Bogus 'Blasphemy' Charge - 6/15/2011
Christian falsely accused after rescuing 8-year-old nephew from Muslim boys - at least 10 Christian families in a village in Pakistan's Punjab Province have fled their homes after a throng of area Muslims accused a Christian of blaspheming Islam on Friday (June 10). A 26-year-old father of two was going to his work when he saw the Muslim boys thrashing his nephew. Read On: http://www.baspub.com/cs411/top_news/add.asp

Christian Health Worker Fired Over Booklet Questioning Abortion - 6/11/2011
Should the practice of medicine be based on evaluation of evidence or on accepting unquestioned dogma? The UK's National Health Service recently picked option two in a case with worldwide repercussions. Ask Margaret Forrester. She was fired for showing co-workers a booklet warning of the physical and psychological damage some women suffer after an abortion. Read On: http://archive.openheaven.com/forums/forum_posts.asp?TID=36896&a mp;PN=1&TPN=1

Creflo Dollar Defends Eddie Long, Warns of Gossip - 6/11/2011
Atlanta-area megachurch pastor Creflo Dollar recently spoke out in defense of Bishop Eddie Long. "That preacher's still anointed to do what he was called to. He just had a wreck. I just can't believe that people would leave their preacher instead of praying for him." Long's New Birth Missionary Baptist Church has dwindled in the wake of a recently settled gay sex lawsuit. Read On: http://archive.openheaven.com/forums/forum_posts.asp?TID=36894&a mp;PN=1&TPN=1

Accommodating Christians, But Not Their Morals - 6/11/2011
How's this for double-speak? An accomodation guide from the Hamilton-Wentworth school board "protects" freedom of religion in line with Ontario's inclusive education strategy. But the guide states "Creed does not include secular, moral, or ethical beliefs or political convictions.” Now get this! They're also asking for want your input (especially if you agree). Read On: http://archive.openheaven.com/forums/forum_posts.asp?TID=36892&a mp;PN=1&TPN=1

New Litmus Test for Beauty Pageant Contestants: Do You Support Evolution? - 6/11/2011
In the past a number of beauty pageant winners have used their new-found fame to speak out for Jesus. It looks like this will be less common in the future, thanks to Donald Trump and his Miss USA pageant. Now contestants are being asked on camera if they believe evolution should be taught in schools. Several years ago Carrie Prejean was asked if she supported gay marriage. Read On: http://archive.openheaven.com/forums/forum_posts.asp?TID=36891&a mp;PN=1&TPN=1

Scouts Get Prepared for More Gay Recruits - 6/10/2011
All it took was two women contributing several hundred dollars for memorial bricks. They wanted them engraved with scriptures. But just as demons run from the name of Jesus, certain public school administrators run from anything connected to the Bible. For some reason, inspirational thoughts from Mahatma Gandhi and similar people had been accepted for the project. Read On: http://archive.openheaven.com/forums/forum_posts.asp?TID=36879&a mp;PN=1&TPN=1

High School Cancels Fundraiser Over Bible Verses - 6/10/2011
All it took was two women contributing several hundred dollars for memorial bricks. They wanted them engraved with scriptures. But just as demons run from the name of Jesus, certain public school administrators run from anything connected to the Bible. For some reason, inspirational thoughts from Mahatma Gandhi and similar people had been accepted for the project. Read On: http://archive.openheaven.com/forums/forum_posts.asp?TID=36877&a mp;PN=1&TPN=1

Megachurch's Community Garden Feeds Thousands - 6/10/2011
It all began when a power company challenged NorthRidge Church to plant a community garden. The idea was to grow produce for a food bank. The first year, 2008, the church grew over three thousand pounds' worth. That's more than any of the other groups responding to the challenge. This year the church is aiming for 15 thousand pounds. Read On:  http://archive.openheaven.com/forums/forum_posts.asp?TID=36875&a mp;PN=1&TPN=1 

For More Top News Headlines, Go Here: http://archive.openheaven.com/news/headlines/

Unlimited permission to copy and post or reprint without altering text or profiteering is hereby granted subject to proper credits and inclusion of this web address: http://archive.openheaven.com . However, if an item not written by Ron McGatlin is marked Copyright, you should contact the original publisher for permission to reproduce.

Thank you for forwarding the OpenHeaven.com Digest to your mail list.

View Ron McGatlin's Profile Search for other posts by Ron McGatlin Visit Ron McGatlin's Homepage

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version