Billy Graham's
Message to
America - Video

How I Escaped
the
Mormon Temple

OPENHEAVEN.COM DIGEST ARCHIVES
OpenHeaven.com Forum : OPENHEAVEN.COM DIGEST ARCHIVES
Subject Topic: OpenHeaven.com Digest - December 16, 2011 Post Reply Post New Topic
Author
Ron McGatlin
Admin Group
Admin Group

Online Status: Online
Posted: 12/16/2011 at 12:22pm | IP Logged Quote Ron McGatlin

Worldwide Kingdom Awakening News and Views

Published by Ron & Barbara McGatlin - Basileia Publishing

In This Edition
1. All Authority in Heaven and on Earth
2. The Judgment and Wrath of God
3. Top News Headlines

Subscribe To OpenHeaven.com Digest

1. All Authority in Heaven and on Earth

By Ron McGatlin
Loving humility fills our hearts and lives as we experience greater revelation of God’s love. His love establishes His authority in us. God’s love brings power and wisdom from heaven into us and through us to the world around us. Experiencing His love charges us up with an abundance of His love to be discharged to others. The love of God flowing through us transforms the atmosphere and touches the people around us. There is no lack in the body of Christ when each joint is fully connected to Christ by the Holy Spirit and is properly joined to one another in the Holy Spirit. Each joint imparts what God has placed within them to the body.
Abiding in Christ and Christ abiding in us is by the Holy Spirit.
Christ Jesus and our Heavenly Father are the source of all authority, all love, and all power. God is also our source for wisdom to apply and manage these heavenly resources. In this life now on earth, all we have of God comes by the Holy Spirit; even the written word must be made alive by the Spirit. We must be filled and saturated with the Holy Spirit to fully receive the flow of the resources of God from heaven. We cannot love as God loves except the Spirit of God dwells in us. Love flows into us through the Holy Spirit of God. Our part is to use the gifts and tools provided by God to keep ourselves built up in the Holy Spirit. One of the most powerful tools available to us is prayer, especially praying in the Holy Spirit.
To discredit the fullness of Holy Spirit disconnects us from fully receiving the provisions and works of Christ and Father God in our lives now. Failure and discouragement will prevail outside the fullness of being filled and saturated in the Holy Spirit of God. If we are unwilling to be fully saturated and filled with the Spirit, we will not be able to fully connect with others who walk in the Spirit. This lack of full connection limits the full flow of heavenly resources to one another. If His LOVE fully abides in us and we are rightly connected to one another by the Spirit of God, we will be delivered and saved from the inner turmoil of the devastations of this life.
The Authority of the Cross and the Resurrection
Keeping the commandments of Christ Jesus is easy if we are rightly connected with Christ in the Holy Spirit. Jesus said, “My yoke is easy and my burden is light.”When one struggles to “live the Christian life”, one is not fully living and walking in the Holy Spirit of God. Life and keeping commandments become hard and wrought with failures, if we are not properly using the powerful tools provided for building ourselves up in faith an keeping ourselves in the love of God (Jude 1:20-21).
Our Lord Jesus always provides the authority and power to accomplish every commandment that He gives us. Christ Jesus in us provides the authority to accomplish His commands to us. It is God who works in us both to will and to do of His good pleasure. We are never left alone to strive to keep the commandments of God. Within every word God speaks to us is the authority to accomplish it.
Immediately after Christ Jesus forever altered the course of this world through His death on the cross and His resurrection, He met with the disciples and spoke these powerful words to them. "All authority has been given to Me in heaven and on earth. Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all things that I have commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age."
Prior to Christ Jesus coming to earth, He had all authority in heaven. After the cross and resurrection, He had recaptured all authority on earth as well. All authority in heaven and on earth is in Christ. Therefore, if Christ by the Holy Spirit fully dwells in us, all authority in heaven and earth dwells within us.
The command to disciple all nations is linked to Jesus having all authority and being with us always. We are without excuse. What God says for us to do, He empowers us to do.
Jesus had told the disciples earlier that they would do the works that He did and greater works because he was going to the Father and returning to them, to be in them instead of with them.
Nothing is lacking on God’s part. If we are not being and doing all that He has planned for us, there must be something lacking on our part in receiving or appropriating the fullness of what God has provided.
In John 14:12 it is clear that faith (believing) is a big factor. "Most assuredly, I say to you, he who believes in Me, the works that I do he will do also; and greater works than these he will do, because I go to My Father”
Hearing the word mixed with faith brings forth the fruit of the word. Abiding in Christ and Him in us brings forth much fruit. As we live and walk filled and saturated in the Spirit, we are connected into the vine and hear His words clearly, and faith comes by hearing.
Faith is both a gift of the Spirit and a fruit of the Spirit (1Cor12:9) (Gal 5:22). Faith works by love, and love also is a fruit of the Spirit. Obviously, if there is a lack of production (fruit) in our lives, there is a lack of connectivity in the Spirit of God – a lack of practical reality of living by and walking in the fullness of abiding in Christ in the Holy Spirit.
The Comforter, Helper, Holy Ghost – Holy Spirit is the Spirit of God the Spirit of Christ.
I realize this may be a difficult concept for some. Please bear with me to look a bit into the language of this passage. Let’s take a closer look at the translation of this passage. Jesus is telling His disciples that the Father will give them another Helper/Comforter. The Greek word translated another is “allos” and means “else” (i.e. different) and is translated sometimes as “more” or “other.” If I remember right, there is another variance of “allos” that means specifically “another” which is not used here.
John 14:16-18: "And I will pray the Father, and He will give you another Helper, that He may abide with you forever; the Spirit of truth, whom the world cannot receive, because it neither sees Him nor knows Him; but you know Him, for He dwells with you and will be in you. I will not leave you orphans; I will come to you.”
The Greek word translated “Helper” or “Comforter” is “Parakletos” and means “an intercessor, consoler.” It is also translated as “advocate.” “Parakletos” is used only five times in the New Testament, four times in the Gospel of John referring to the Holy Spirit and once in 1 John. In 1 John 2:1 it is translated as “advocate” and refers directly to Jesus Christ.
1 John2:1: My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous.
In John 14;16-18 Jesus was telling His disciples that He would come to them differently as Spirit to abide in them and not in a natural body standing with them. We know that Jesus is Truth, and He promised to come to them as the Spirit of Truth to abide forever. He went on to tell them that the world would not be able to see or know Him, but you already know Him because He is with you and shall be IN you. Then Jesus clearly emphasis the point with the statement, “I will not leave you orphans; I will come to you.”
In John chapter 17, Jesus makes it clear that He and the Father are one, and they as one shall be in us. We have One God - Father, Jesus, Holy Spirit are ONE God. If we are baptized in the Spirit and walk in the Spirit, we are saturated and filled with the one Spirit God: the resurrected Christ, in whom all authority in heaven and earth rests, abides in us and us in Him.
This message of authority is very important in this day of the falling of Babylon.
As the mighty Babylonian systems battle one another and bring destruction and devastation to much of the world, it is vital that the people of God walk in the Spirit and the authority of Christ to establish the kingdom of God people. This pure and holy humble remnant will bring forth the New Jerusalem order and way of life upon the ashes of the past Babylonian world systems. The authority of Christ Jesus will fully establish the glorious kingdom of God on earth as it is in heaven.
There will truly be beauty for ashes.
Isa 61:1-4: The Spirit of the Lord GOD is upon Me, Because the LORD has anointed Me To preach good tidings to the poor; He has sent Me to heal the brokenhearted, To proclaim liberty to the captives, And the opening of the prison to those who are bound; To proclaim the acceptable year of the LORD, And the day of vengeance of our God; To comfort all who mourn, To console those who mourn in Zion, To give them beauty for ashes, The oil of joy for mourning, The garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness; That they may be called trees of righteousness, The planting of the LORD, that He may be glorified." And they shall rebuild the old ruins, They shall raise up the former desolations, And they shall repair the ruined cities, The desolations of many generations.
Keep on pursuing Love. Love never fails
and His kingdom never ends.

Ron McGatlin

archive.openheaven.com
basileia@earthlink.net

2. THE JUDGMENT AND WRATH OF GOD - Video

The Judgment and Wrath of God - Kriston Couchey 

For additional material on this subject, Go Here : http://archive.openheaven.com/forums/forum_posts.asp?TID=38467&a mp;a mp;PN=1

3. Top News Headlines   

Ughelli, Nigeria CfaN Crusade Daily Reports - Epic Faith! - 12/9/2011
Tonight there was electricity in the air.  The people are full of faith and expectation. An elderly man received a double miracle: the partial blindness he had suffered with for 6 years suddenly vanished along with a severe ulcer that had plagued him for over 50 years! Many wonderful things that Jesus has done here already and I am sure that the best is yet to come! Read On: http://archive.openheaven.com/forums/forum_posts.asp?TID=38443&a mp;a mp;PN=1&TPN=1

Tim Tebow and CURE building children’s hospital in Philippines
- 12/13/2011
The Tim Tebow Foundation and CURE will build a 30-bed surgical facility for children focusing primarily on orthopedics on the island of Mindanao - an area that holds a particular interest for Tim. "I was born in the Philippines and my parents have been missionaries to that area since 1985," Tebow says. "The Philippines have always had a special place in my heart. Read On: http://archive.openheaven.com/forums/forum_posts.asp?TID=38494&a mp;a mp;PN=1&TPN=1

Iraq: propaganda versus reality -- a call to pray for Iraqi's imperilled remnant Christians as US and NATO troops withdraw - 12/14/2011
By 31 Dec. 2011 all US and NATO troops will have withdrawn from Iraq. Whilst the US and NATO had wanted to keep thousands of military trainers there, the Iraqi parliament -- dominated by pro-Iran Shi'ites -- ruled that any remaining military personnel would be subject to Iraqi laws and jurisprudence. Without immunity from prosecution, US and NATO forces would not stay. Read On: http://archive.openheaven.com/forums/forum_posts.asp?TID=38503&a mp;a mp;PN=1&TPN=1

Somali Muslims in Kenya Attack another Christian Islamist gang intercepts brother of "convert," beat him unconscious. - 12/14/2011
Young Muslim men of Somali origin beat a 23-year-old Somali Christian unconscious last week in Kenya, less than six weeks after a related gang attacked his older brother. His family was presumably Muslim when he was born, so the gang beat him as an "apostate" even though he later had been raised as a Christian. "We did not succeed in killing your brother, today we kill you. Read On:  http://archive.openheaven.com/forums/forum_posts.asp?TID=38504&a mp;a mp;PN=1

Arab Spring not bringing revolution or freedom for Christians - 12/16/2011
The "Arab Spring" brought fresh hope for freedom and change, but for believers, that has been anything but true. "The reality for Christians in the region who have experienced an 'Arab Spring' is that the situation is far more dangerous for Christians than it was a year ago. Every one of the revolutions has become an Islamic government," increasing persecution. Read On:  http://archive.openheaven.com/forums/forum_posts.asp?TID=38517&a mp;a mp;PN=1&TPN=1

Christian Shops Burned In Northern Iraq: Urgent Prayer Needed - 12/10/2011
This month marks the final withdrawal of US troops from Iraq, but "It's also an opportune time for the Islamists to flex their muscles in Northern Iraq." "The local Imams stirred up the anger of those attending the Mosques; the result was a mob of angry young men and the burning of a number of Christian shops." Pastor asks please pray for our people in our area. Read On:  http://archive.openheaven.com/forums/forum_posts.asp?TID=38456&a mp;a mp;PN=1&TPN=1 

Iran Expanding War Base on America's Doorstep? - 12/14/2011
Iran's leaders warn once they're done with Israel, they're coming for America. The Islamic Republic is already in the Western hemisphere laying the groundwork for that mission. From Mexico to Brazil, to Ecuador to Bolivia, Iran and its terror proxy Hezbollah are establishing a network. German media reports, Iran has plans to build a missile base in Venezuela. Read On: http://archive.openheaven.com/forums/forum_posts.asp?TID=38506&a mp;a mp;PN=1&TPN=1

US, Muslim Summit Way to Outlaw Islam's Critics? - 12/13/2011
The Obama administration is bowing to Islamic fundamentalists who want to criminalize criticism of Islam. Religious freedom advocates say the OIC is not to be trusted. Why is the U.S. government cooperating with this reactionary organization whose leading members put people to death or imprison those who criticize Islam." Read On: http://archive.openheaven.com/forums/forum_posts.asp?TID=38495&a mp;a mp;PN=1&TPN=1

Pre-Christmas Rise of Threats and Intimidation against Iranian Christians in the Islamic Republic - 12/10/2011
Christian activists and house church members across Iran have been ordered to show up at the local State Security offices of their respective towns and cities. Municipalities and provincial governments are being ordered to force local churches to publicly participate in the two month-long mourning activities of the Shia' Moslems, ordering them to cancel Christmas. Read On: http://archive.openheaven.com/forums/forum_posts.asp?TID=38457&a mp;a mp;PN=1&TPN=1

News From British Isles, Ireland. Europe and Worldwide - 12/15/2011
Doctors pray for patients in Western Ukraine - Australia: Church leaders speak out for traditional marriage - Scotland: 95% of religious violence is against Christians - ‘Trans equality’ teaching for 5-year-olds considered - Belgium: Liege reeling after killing spree - Turkey: Al Qaeda accused of planning to bomb churches - Syria: US and Russia at odds - More> Read On: http://archive.openheaven.com/forums/forum_posts.asp?TID=38512&a mp;a mp;PN=1&TPN=1

Young Christian Convert Forced to Flee Due to Pressure - 12/16/2011
Abdol-Rahman is one of a thousand Iranian youth who was born and brought up in a strict Islamic family, but chose not to follow his parent's religion and converted to Christianity. Although he had to leave his home, he has remained strong in his faith and continues to grow in his relationship with God. Abdol-Rahman, 29 is currently seeking asylum in a neighboring country. Read On: http://archive.openheaven.com/forums/forum_posts.asp?TID=38516&a mp;a mp;PN=1&TPN=1

Canadian Parliament Urges Release of Asia Bibi Sentenced to Death in Pakistan - 12/14/2011
The leader of the Central Council of Pakistan Christian Congress (PCC) has praised a resolution from the Canadian Parliament urging the Pakistani Government to release Asia Bibi. Bibi, a Christian mother of five, has been sentenced to death for blasphemy. "We believe that finally it is sinking in the minds of the members that causes like these must not be ignored." Read On: http://archive.openheaven.com/forums/forum_posts.asp?TID=38505&a mp;a mp;PN=1&TPN=1

Report Says Christians in Kashmir, India Increasingly Fearful, Muslim leaders setting hostile tone as Christmas nears - 12/14/2011
"Christian men, women and children are in a state of panic, fearful of their security, uncertain of the future, uncertain of their jobs." The pastor of All Saints Church in Srinagar, was arrested on Nov. 19 on charges of hurting religious sentiments of Muslims after several youths were baptized. A sharia court has summoned a missionary on charges of forced conversions. Read On: http://archive.openheaven.com/forums/forum_posts.asp?TID=38502&a mp;a mp;PN=1&TPN=1

US Teen Escapes Muslim Militants in Philippines - 12/12/2011
A kidnapped American teen is safe after escaping his terrorist captors in a Philippine jungle. Kevin Lunsmann, 14, was staying at an island resort with his mother and cousin when they were kidnapped five months ago by an al Qaeda affiliate. Kevin's Filipino-American mom was released in October. His cousin also escaped, leaving the teenager as the lone captive. Read On: http://archive.openheaven.com/forums/forum_posts.asp?TID=38478&a mp;a mp;PN=1&TPN=1

Tebow continues bold proclamation of faith in another improbable win - 12/12/2011
After a lackluster performance in the first three quarters of play, Quarterback Tim Tebow led the Broncos to a win in overtime to beat Chicago. Tebow has detractors who fault his skills and his witness for Jesus. But even the naysayers are beginning to believe in the miracle worker who has now won six straight. The Broncos are 7-1 since Tebow became starting quarterback. Read On: http://archive.openheaven.com/forums/forum_posts.asp?TID=38477&a mp;a mp;PN=1&TPN=1

African's Tragedy-Stricken Kids Find Hope in Song - 12/12/2011
Each year, children from some of Africa's poorest countries try out for the African Children's Choir. Many of these children have lost one or both parents to poverty or disease. The youngest is 7 years old. The oldest is 12. For them, singing in the choir is a way to break free from the hopelessness and poverty they face in their homelands. Read On:  http://archive.openheaven.com/forums/forum_posts.asp?TID=38470&a mp;a mp;PN=1&TPN=1

For More Top News Headlines, Go Here: http://archive.openheaven.com/news/headlines/

Unlimited permission to copy and post or reprint without altering text or profiteering is hereby granted subject to proper credits and inclusion of this web address: http://archive.openheaven.com . However, if an item not written by Ron McGatlin is marked Copyright, you should contact the original publisher for permission to reproduce.

Thank you for forwarding the OpenHeaven.com Digest to your mail list.

Edited by Ron McGatlin on 12/16/2011 at 12:23pm
View Ron McGatlin's Profile Search for other posts by Ron McGatlin Visit Ron McGatlin's Homepage

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version