Billy Graham's
Message to
America - Video

How I Escaped
the
Mormon Temple

TOP NEWS - Worldwide Kingdom/Revival NEWS
OpenHeaven.com Forum : TOP NEWS - Worldwide Kingdom/Revival NEWS
Subject Topic: Churches in Tirana reached thousands of fellow citizens with a message of hope through TiranaFest with Luis Palau Post Reply Post New Topic
Author
News Room
Admin Group
Admin Group

Online Status: Offline
Posted: 10/01/2012 at 5:19pm | IP Logged Quote News Room

Churches in Tirana reached thousands of fellow citizens with a message of hope through TiranaFest with Luis Palau

TIRANA, ALBANIA (ANS) -- Just over two decades after the fall of Communism and state-imposed atheism in Albania, local churches and Luis Palau collaborated to proclaim the Good News of Jesus Christ to more than 20,000 people at Tirana's Mother Teresa Square.

"Since 1985, I have loved Albania, I have read about Albania, and I always dreamt that someone would invite me," Luis said of this unprecedented opportunity (Luis Palau Association 2012 - Photographer Brad Person)

TiranaFest with Luis Palau, a massive evangelistic campaign, took Albania's capital city by storm September 22-23. The square resounded with live music; an extraordinary stunt show by skate, BMX, and motocross athletes; a program just for kids; and clear presentations of the Good News by Luis Palau and partner evangelists.

"This was totally different.something that has never happened in Tirana," Pastor Paulin Vilajeti of Albania Christian Center said. "Because people were attracted by different events. I believe and I hope that God touched different generations - from children to the old people."

TiranaFest's central message permeated all festival activities, with Christian speaker and BMX pro Vic Murphy sharing the Gospel at each stunt show and Reverend James T. Meeks leading the Salem Baptist Choir in astounding praise music.

20,000 people heard the Good News in a country still awakening from decades of state-imposed atheism (Luis Palau Association 2012 - Photographer Brad Person)

Local church leaders acknowledged the campaign as one of the largest faith gatherings - and the largest movement of churches - Albania has ever seen. TiranaFest offered them a unique opportunity to spread the message of Jesus across the public sphere, timed to coincide with the nation's 100-year anniversary of independence.

"I think it's historic," Toni Gogu, an attorney and chair of TiranaFest's organizing committee, said. "For the first time, we have had the elites of Albanian society - the business community, the political community - being addressed in such a genuine way with the Good News of salvation."

Though relatively small in number (approx. 3,500), the city's church leaders and congregants alike boldly reached out to their countrymen and helped lead 2,300 people in public decisions for Jesus Christ.

Days before the festival, Luis met and prayed with government and faith leaders, including the archbishop of the Roman Catholic Church and Tirana's mayor, Lulzim Basha. The latter attended the festival Saturday and offered his welcome and support for TiranaFest from the main stage.

A late addition to the Palau team's 2012 calendar, TiranaFest defied expectations as publicity swept throughout the city and the nation's top three TV networks carried the story for several days.

TiranaFest featured an extraordinary stunt show by skate, BMX, and motocross athletes (Luis Palau Association 2012 - Photographer Brad Person)

"Since 1985, I have loved Albania, I have read about Albania, and I always dreamt that someone would invite me," Palau said.

For three months prior to the festival, Tirana's churches performed a Season of Service to bless the city through medical clinics, dental clinics, and other community projects.

"We started a dialogue. We started asking the mayor and the municipality how we can help," Gogu said. "TiranaFest did this. TiranaFest brought the Church to the city, and brought the city to the Church. We put two feet to our faith; we proclaimed the Gospel and showed compassion and love for the city."

The Palau team is currently working with local churches to follow up with each new believer and connect them with a church in their area.

Evangelist Luis Palau has brought a message of hope through faith in Jesus Christ to more than 1 billion people through radio, television, and other media. He is the author of more than 40 books and countless articles on issues of faith. For more information, visit www.palau.org.

Source: ANS www.assistnews.net

View News Room's Profile Search for other posts by News Room

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version