1. A Fresh Cry Exploding From Heaven
2. "I love to tell the Story" Comments
3. Prayer, Worship and Praise Gathering
4. News of God's Kingdom on Earth

SUBSCRIBE OpenHeaven.com Digest 

A Fresh Cry Exploding From Heaven

Julie Meyer

"I Love to Tell the Story"

The revivalists of old were men and women given to prayer. Before a Word was preached, the Heavens were stormed with prayers and petitions asking God to come, to act, and to move. We are now entering a new era – for never before in history has God moved on the hearts of people worldwide with such an invitation to intercession.

A Great Greater Awakening

I heard a fresh cry exploding out of Heaven – an invitation for the nations to become part of the prayer movement that is blowing across the face of the earth like an unstoppable wave leading to a Great Greater Awakening.

I was told in a dream to study and look back to the 1700s and the first Great Awakening – for this is our story. We are invited to all become part of the story.

God is inviting us to join His Son, the Great Intercessor, in prayer to birth His purposes on the earth. He is inviting us to be a part of the storyline of the ages.

I Had An Impacting Dream

The President of our Bible College was singing an old hymn called, "I love to Tell the Story." His voice was like a mega phone awakening my heart to the old, old story. I had not heard this hymn in years since singing it as a young girl in the Methodist Church. His voice was loud. His voice was strong. He never stopped singing this old hymn throughout the entire dream.

As he was singing, these words and melody awakened my heart all throughout the dream. It was as if the hymn was the backdrop to the entire dream.

Suddenly, I stepped into a scene where I saw seven ambulances all in a row with their lights flashing. They were lined up one in back of the other. There was great alarm in my spirit when my eyes beheld such a scene. (Photo courtesy: ABC News)

I noticed there were people on the sidewalk who were not that interested in the ambulances. Everyone was continuing to have their coffee and were talking – they were not looking at what was happening. It was as if they did not even notice they were there.

Still the Song Was Arising

I love to tell the story. 'Twill be my theme in glory. To tell the old, old story of Jesus and His love.

I went and looked in the first ambulance and heard the attendant say, "I cannot find a heartbeat" and I saw someone lying still on a gurney. I saw tiny, thin, and feeble legs. The attendant looked at me and said, "It's the intercessors. We are trying to revive the intercessors."

I looked in again and it was as if the eyes of my heart were opened and I could see on the inside, and their hearts were failing. For the promises of Revival were so long in coming, it was as if the promises became too long to wait for and they were giving up and their hearts were failing. So I ran to the next ambulance and the same thing was happening. I looked in and the attendant said, "I cannot find a heartbeat."

As I peered into the ambulance I noticed that these attendants were not mere human beings; they were heavenly beings sent from the Throne of God. They were tall, they were large, they were glowing as if lit from the inside with fire. Could these be the messengers of fire we find in Psalm 104:4? It gave my heart great hope to know that God has sent His angelic help to restart the hearts of the weary, the tired, the hopeless, and the feeble.

ambulancesSuddenly, one of the attendants from the seventh ambulance at the end yelled, "I have a faint heartbeat, but it's dull." With those words, all the attendants leaned out of the back doors of the ambulances and they all shouted, "What did you do?"

The attendant in the last ambulance said, "Tell the old, old stories. For, as I began to tell the old, old stories, I found a faint heartbeat." So the attendants of the other ambulances began to tell the old, old stories, and I began to listen to these stories.

Tell the Old Stories!

These stories went back to the 1700s. They began to talk about Count Zinzendorf and the Moravians, John Wesley, George Whitfield, and Charles Spurgeon, and many others.

Suddenly the atmosphere was filled with shouts of, "I found a heartbeat, but it is dull." I ran to another ambulance looked in, and this time I saw a faint movement. Suddenly, this Heavenly attendant gave an order, like a command, saying:

"Tell the old, old stories because the old, old stories are YOUR storyline, they are YOUR history, back as far as Count Zinzendorf and the Moravians, John Wesley, George Whitfield, Charles Spurgeon...

...For the baton was passed from generation to generation. The prayer movements of this day are the answer to the prayers of those in the great storyline of the ages.

"You are in the storyline of the old, old story for their prayers begat your prayer. Put yourself in the timeline of the old, old story because the old, old, story – when told – will ignite the heart again.

Renewal in itself will not awaken dull hearts. But if you see yourself in the old, old story – the more you listen and put yourself in the history of the great storyline of prayer and revival – you will see yourself as THE ANSWER.

These are Your ancestors. YOU become the story, the plan, the answer, the Revival for today – then you will never go back to dull hearts.

And the Attendant Spoke Again

"Tell the old, old stories. Remember the old, old stories and see yourself in the storyline of Count Zinzendorf and the Moravians, John Wesley, George Whitfield, and Charles Spurgeon, and many others who were great men and women of prayer – Charles Finney, Maria Woodworth-Etter, Smith Wigglesworth, Aimee Semple McPherson, Kathryn Kuhlman..."

You are IN their story. Their History is YOUR history, for you are the answer to their prayers: for a glorious and praying people, a shining and praying Bride, would arise in the earth who love prayer; and this cry of prayer will birth the Great Greater Awakening to welcome Him back.

This is only some excerpts from this article. Read the full article HERE.

2. "I love to tell the Story" Comments

By Ron McGatlin

This entire article by Julie Meyer, "A Fresh Cry Exploding From Heaven" is an important directive word from the portals of heaven for all of the body of Christ today. However, it seems to me to have been written specifically to me. The old hymn "I Love to Tell the Story" was the theme song of the old "Back to the Bible Broadcast" through which I came to the Lord almost 60 years ago. This song was the first and foremost hymn in my experience of my first walking with the Lord, and has always had a very special place in my heart. However, I have not heard it for many years.

I was 21 years old and married with two children at the time. I had an hour long drive into and across Dallas, Texas, well before daylight to my job. As an unsaved young man I listened to country western music on the lonely drive. One day my radio was on a different station where this Christian stuff was on. I turned it back to my usual station and only casually wondered how it got to be on that other station. The same thing happened the same way the next morning. The next night I locked my car in case someone was changing my station during the night. The same thing happened anyway, but when I went to change the station the radio turning device would not work, and I could not change the station.

Well, the off knob still worked so I turned it off. The silence on the long drive was more than I could bear. So, I decided to turn it on anyway and maybe have something to laugh about. I had been to church for a short time and listened carefully and did all they said to do, but there was nothing there. However, as I began to hear Theodore Epp plainly tell the old, old story of Jesus loving me and dying on the cross for me, I really heard it for the first time ever. For the first time in my life I experienced the love of God. I had never before really known love. As Brother Epp led me in a prayer to receive Jesus and give my life to Him, I had to pull off the road as tears flowed freely and my convulsing body could not drive the car. Nothing has ever been the same since then. For many years I was always excited when I heard the “Back to the Bible” theme song come on my radio. I dearly loved to tell the old, old story of Jesus and His love. Yet just as much now, I love to hear and tell the story of what God is doing today and in the days ahead of us.

Yes, we are a part of that story line, and the time is urgent for us to fulfill our parts.

There is no reason to hold anything back anymore. Our light has come, and the glory of the Lord is arisen over us. Today is the day of His coming in His people – the precious saints of the times of His glory. We will never be the same as we have been in the past. Heaven has come to earth and the entire world will eventually be changed. The kingdoms of this world are becoming the kingdoms of our Lord.

Much love and blessings,

Ron McGatlin
basileia@earthlink.net
archive.openheaven.com

3. Prayer, Worship and Praise Gathering

By Ron McGatlin

We are excited about the fire of revival that has begun to manifest in this area. We anticipate The Gathering in Mount Airy, North Carolina this Friday evening to be an opportunity for all of us who can to gather in the presence of God and call out in intercession for a mighty move of God to come forth upon us, our communities, our nations and our world.

Yes, this gathering is taking place on the 80th anniversary of my birth. However, IT IS NOT ABOUT CELEBRATING ME OR MY LIFE. It really is about honoring Christ Jesus and Father God with our praise and worship. None of us have any life worthy of any value apart from the real life of Christ Jesus in us by the Holy Spirit. It is not about what we do or have done for Christ; it is all about what Christ is now doing in us, what He will do, and what He has done.

Let the joy of the Lord fill us.

There will be no birthday cake, now natural refreshments and no gala wrapped gifts and no singing Happy Birthday, Ron. Any of this could take away from the true spiritual environment of becoming collectively one Spirit with God through Christ Jesus by the Holy Spirit.

Miracle Made Worship Band will be leading worship!!!!

I believe, if we will come excited to look into an open heaven with open hearts to bless the heart of God, we will collectively become a place where God wants to be among His people. In His presence we can witness a powerful outpouring of His love that will fill us to fill the land with His love.

Hebrews 12:22-24: But you are come unto mount Zion, and unto the city of the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem, and to an innumerable company of angels, To the general assembly and church of the firstborn, who are written in heaven, and to God the Judge of all, and to the spirits of just men made perfect, And to Jesus the mediator of the new covenant, and to the blood of sprinkling, that speaks better things than that of Abel.

Gathering Details

MARCH 29th 2013 – Friday Evening at 7:00pm – Mount Airy, North Carolina

Location: Fountain of Life building is south of Mt. Airy, NC on Hwy. 52 at 154 Cornerstone Lane. It is on the east side of the Highway.

(Why not plan a gathering like this in your part of the world?)

Ron & Barbara McGatlin

basileia@earthlink.net
archive.openheaven.com

3. News of God's Kingdom on Earth

New Pope Viewed as Pro-Unity, Pro-Renewal of the Holy Spirit - 3/18/2013
He believes that all Christians are one!” Pope Francis is himself considered humble and is described as a conservative with “great compassion.” More>

Swift Reaction after Mrs. Abedini's Testimony - 3/21/2013
"The visit to Washington, DC, last week of Naghmeh Abedini, wife to American pastor Saeed Abedini, who has been sentenced to eight years in prison in Iran for his Christian humanitarian work there, was very effective in moving our government toward engagement in the release of Pastor Abedini." More>

Senator Rubio Wins Applause with Candid Words on Traditional Marriage and Support for Unborn - 3/21/2013
"Just because we believe that life, all life, is human and worthy of protection at every stage of its development does not make us closed-minded. More>

Beijing Shouwang Church Continues With Its Outdoor Worship Services despite Police Arrests and Harassment - 3/21/2013
The Shouwang Church's services are conducted at members' homes or in rented conference rooms; its other activities include 40 biblical reading groups, choir practice and training. Shouwang members typically belong to the middle and upper classes, and include professors, doctors, lawyers, students and even Party members. More>

Pastor Jack Hayford's Grandson Kidnapped, Then Rescued, in Mexico - 3/18/2013
Foursquare missionary Kyle Bauer was kidnapped Thursday in Mexico, near Puerto Vallarta. Kyle was returned safely to his family at approximately 11 a.m. local time today. More>

Musician delivered from homosexuality, happily married for 29 years - 3/18/2013
He could play the piano by ear in the first grade. His artistic and creative bent set him apart so that his sense of being different grew steadily with time. “I could hear a song on the radio and sit down and play it.” His life is the subject of the forthcoming feature film “Sing Over Me” on his deliverance from homosexuality, when God made him a new creature in Christ. More>

Survivors of Muslim rampage in Pakistan need help - 3/20/2013
According to reports, many of the now homeless Christians in Lahore are living in the streets and are desperate for food and other necessities, and fearful of retaliation for the protests that followed the attacks. A local church-planting ministry assisted by Christian Aid began hand-delivering food packages and water to victims the day after the attack. More>

News From British Isles, Ireland, Europe and Worldwide - 3/21/2013
North Korea:Over 56,000 Bibles delivered in 2012 - Thailand: Buddhist town gets Christian radio - MPs attack Government’s 'downgrading’ of religious education - Season of change for Wycliffe Bible Translators - Changes in the church? - Church of Cyprus has offered to help - EU’s Ashton expects breakthrough In Kosovo dispute - Afghanistan: Christian translations - More>

NAMB sends scores of collegiate students to help survivors recover - 3/21/2013
Many Southern Baptist college students are spending their Spring Break on the East Coast. They're not lounging on the beach, though. Several teams are going to help clean up what Superstorm Sandy left behind last year. They're cleaning up yard debris, removing mold, and helping rebuild homes. More>

Briefing to explore the intersection of non-discrimination and religious freedom - 3/21/2013
InterVarsity Christian Fellowship staff and students have been invited to submit statements on incidents where universities have attempted to restrict the religious liberties of student groups in the name of non-discrimination. Some campuses attempted to limit their ministry because InterVarsity requires ministry leaders to affirm their doctrinal statement. More>

More News Headlines HERE

Unlimited permission to copy and post or reprint without altering text or profiteering is hereby granted subject to proper credits and inclusion of this web address: http://archive.openheaven.com . However, if an item not written by Ron McGatlin is marked Copyright, you should contact the original publisher for permission to reproduce.

Thank you for forwarding the OpenHeaven.com Digest to your mail list.

Edited by Moderator on 07/15/2013 at 7:01pm
View News Room's Profile Search for other posts by News Room

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version