Billy Graham's
Message to
America - Video

How I Escaped
the
Mormon Temple

TOP NEWS - Worldwide Kingdom/Revival NEWS
OpenHeaven.com Forum : TOP NEWS - Worldwide Kingdom/Revival NEWS
Subject Topic: Nepal: Hindu priest doubted Jesus, until he showed up in a powerful way Post Reply Post New Topic
Author
News Room
Admin Group
Admin Group

Online Status: Offline
Posted: 02/24/2016 at 3:05pm | IP Logged Quote News Room

Nepal: Hindu priest doubted Jesus, until he showed up in a powerful way

February 24, 2016

By Vivian Chou and Mark Ellis

Kosh Dahal

Kosh Dahal

If 330 million gods and goddesses couldn’t respond to his prayers, Kosh Dahal doubted whether one God like Jesus could do very much. Plus, the Nepalese was a Hindu priest from the highest caste in Nepal, and he didn’t want to submit to a belief system he perceived as having a lower status.

“There was no caste higher than my caste,” he said in a YouTube video. “I didn’t want to mix with the people of the low castes.”

So Dahal repeatedly dismissed a Christian evangelist who showed up day after day to share the gospel at his veterinary clinic in Kathmandu. Dahal, a Hindu priest and the son of a Hindu priest, told him to stop coming by, but the pesky evangelist kept showing up and talking about the “loving living only God Jesus.”

“He bothered me because I didn’t want to accept Jesus Christ. He kept coming and ministering the gospel. I kept rejecting him,” Dahal said. “One day I got challenged. I wanted to prove that Christianity is a fake religion. Jesus can’t do anything. I will ask your Jesus – 10 minutes in the morning and 10 minutes in the evening – if He is the real God, come on and touch me and change me for 30 days.”

Kairos Nepali Church KNC in Malaysia

Kairos Nepali Church KNC in Malaysia

If Jesus didn’t respond in an undeniable way, Dahal said he would file a complaint with the police about the annoying evangelist. Nepal law prohibits proselytizing. “You will be in trouble.” he warned the evangelist. But the Christian didn’t back peddle and seemed to relish the wager.

By the third week, there was still no answer. Dahal who dutifully prayed with all sincerity warned Jesus that his time was running out.

At the end of the third week, however, the power of the one true living God struck.

“This power like a current of electricity came into me and began to run very fast,” Dahal remembered. “I was shocked. I was closing my eyes and opening my eyes, and I was very afraid. I kept saying, ‘Who is this? What’s happening to me? What’s inside of me running very fast?’”

It was an experience he had never encountered in his 30 years of worshiping the Hindu pantheon of gods.

“I was challenging Jesus,” he recounted. “Jesus sent the power. I began to say, ‘Wow. Jesus has the power,’” he said. “I believed that morning that Jesus Christ is real. He really is the God who has mighty power. He woke me up. I cried. I realized that Jesus Christ is real.”

Naturally, Dahal failed to disprove Jesus. What lay ahead of him was to honor his wager: he had promised the

Baptism at Kairos Nepali Church

Baptism at Kairos Nepali Church

evangelist he would leave everything to follow Jesus.

His wife Shobah saw a dramatic change in her husband and decided to follow Jesus too. She was eased to faith when she was miraculously healed in Jesus’ name of a uterine myoma, a benign growth that might have required a hysterectomy.

The couple, with their three children, abandoned the Hindu priesthood and began evangelizing. They planted a church in Kathmandu. After some years, they left their jobs, properties and families and moved to the Philippines to study in seminary. While there, they planted five more churches.

Since 2013, they have been ministering to Nepalese in Malaysia at Kairos Nepali Church KNC.

Source: Godreports

View News Room's Profile Search for other posts by News Room

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version