Billy Graham's
Message to
America - Video

How I Escaped
the
Mormon Temple

TOP NEWS - Worldwide Kingdom/Revival NEWS
OpenHeaven.com Forum : TOP NEWS - Worldwide Kingdom/Revival NEWS
Subject Topic: #LoveOrlando: a Local Church Takes Action bringing the "Love of Jesus" to a Shaken Community Post Reply Post New Topic
Author
News Room
Admin Group
Admin Group

Online Status: Offline
Posted: 06/15/2016 at 5:52pm | IP Logged Quote News Room

#LoveOrlando: a Local Church Takes Action bringing the "Love of Jesus" to a Shaken Community

by Mark Martin : Jun 14, 2016 : CBN News

"...I believe the Body of Christ is called upon now to demonstrate His love for all people. One of our core values is all people matter to God, and they matter to us."

As the nation mourns the loss of 49 people in the deadliest mass shooting in modern U.S. history, Christians in Orlando are reaching out to provide support. (Photo: Pastor David Uth/via FirstOrlando.com)

First Baptist Church of Orlando is holding a citywide prayer service Tuesday, June 14 at 7 p.m. The church is using the hashtag #LoveOrlando to spread the message across social media.

"It's a time to show the love of Christ; it's time to step up and be His arms and His hands to wrap up these families and to wrap up this community in the love of Jesus," Dr. David Uth, senior pastor at First Baptist Orlando, told CBN News. "And I believe the Body of Christ is called upon now to demonstrate His love for all people. One of our core values is all people matter to God, and they matter to us."

Uth believes it's a time for churches to reach out to the local LGBT community.

"I think that gives this a backdrop that I believe the love of Christ will shine even brighter, and I hope that that's what is communicated and that's what comes from the Body of Christ during these days," he said.

First Baptist is a 14,000-member congregation, so it's equipped to welcome large numbers of a grieving community trying to move forward after being victimized by terrorism.

"It will be an evening to pray for the community and certainly the families of the victims," Uth said, referring to Tuesday's prayer service.

"But also we are remembering Christina Grimmie and her family because she was the one killed that began the weekend of violence here in Orlando. And so we don't want to leave her out because she was a strong Believer, and her family will be here with us tomorrow night as well," he said.

A gunman shot and killed the 22-year-old former finalist of NBC's "The Voice" at a Florida concert venue before killing himself during a struggle with Grimmie's brother. Grimmie died early Saturday morning.

Uth told CBN News that Sunday morning services at First Baptist were filled with emotion as members of the congregation tried to process the violence and were called to pray.

"As the day progressed, I tell you I cried; man, I stood there and wept in front of our people," Uth shared. "And there was a lot of emotion that built up, and I was so thankful that I sensed it from our people."

"Because the Scripture calls us to weep with those who weep and calls us to compassion and calls us to care, and I just feel like... as the morning went on, I saw that as it really began to rise up in our people. And I saw great compassion, and as a result, there have been a lot of things our people have done already to minister to folks," he said.

Uth said he welcomes the prayers of the Body of Christ.

"I just want the prayers obviously of everyone, and I want to thank the folks all around the Church at large," he said. "I've gotten a great text and a prayer from a church in British Columbia. I've gotten texts from missionaries in South Africa."

"So I've heard from the Body of Christ in so many places, and what I would say is pray that the love of Jesus be manifested among His people," he continued. "And that the takeaway is that what evil wanted to do, God took and glorified His Name. And so, pray that for us as we serve our Lord in these very difficult times in Orlando."

Link>

View News Room's Profile Search for other posts by News Room
News Room
Admin Group
Admin Group

Online Status: Offline
Posted: 06/16/2016 at 5:06am | IP Logged Quote News Room

Radio Host: Orlando Tragedy Is a Defining Moment for the Church

06-15-2016

When Omar Mateen walked into an Orlando nightclub and killed 49 people, it forever changed the national conversation about Islamic terrorism, homosexuality, faith and treatment of our fellow man. 

Christian radio host, Carmen Fowler LaBerge has joined that conversation and is focusing on how the Church should respond in love. It's an act that she says can ultimately change everything.

"When you speak, speak the truth in love: this was not of God," she wrote on her website Reconnect with Carmen. "God has revealed Himself to be love. Love came from God as Jesus not to condemn, kill nor destroy."

**LaBerge spoke with CBN News about how believers in Orlando are responding in love.** 

LaBerge tells Christians to take the lead in condemning the violence and hate that targets the gay community. She goes on to say that believers should not be attributing Mateen's actions as a judgment of God because of their lifestyle choice. 

"The Savior whose name we bear as Christ-followers, said he came so that we might have life and have it abundantly (John 10:10)," she wrote on her site. "It's the enemy who Jesus calls the thief that comes to steal and kill and destroy. Does the carnage at Pulse look like life or death? Does the agenda of ISIS look to you like a promotion of life or death?"

"I don't see Christians apologizing for what scripture says about moral issues like homosexual behavior, (but) I do see Christians putting flesh on the Gospel by reaching out to people regardless of the things that we might differ on sociologically, morally, or even politically," she told CBN News. 

The Nashville-based radio program reaches Orlando, Florida, where people of different backgrounds are joining together to comfort and help one another.

"Last night's community-wide prayer event is, I think, an excellent example of the way in which the Orlando community of Christians is not only praying for, but praying with victims and their families," she said. 

LaBerge says the Orlando Chic-fil-A revealed the love of Christ when they opened up to serve first responders and blood donors, despite their policy to remain closed on Sundays.

"I do think that in particular the opportunity to go and do something physical, like give blood or Chic-fil-A's response, I think was really one of the more remarkable evidences of grace and how you live out grace in the context of tragedy," she said.

LaBerge adds that this is not only a defining moment for the nation but for the church as well. 

"Our responsibility as Christians is to continue demonstrating the truth and the beauty of the Gospel," she added. "Weep with those who weep and provide the opportunities for prayer and care. That's what I think has been the initial response of the Christian community."

Source: CBN News

Edited by News Room on 06/16/2016 at 5:10am
View News Room's Profile Search for other posts by News Room

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version