Billy Graham's
Message to
America - Video

How I Escaped
the
Mormon Temple

TOP NEWS - Worldwide Kingdom/Revival NEWS
OpenHeaven.com Forum : TOP NEWS - Worldwide Kingdom/Revival NEWS
Subject Topic: Dawn of a New Friendship? Evangelicals Talk Trump after Big Meeting Post Reply Post New Topic
Author
News Room
Admin Group
Admin Group

Online Status: Offline
Posted: 06/23/2016 at 7:19am | IP Logged Quote News Room

Dawn of a New Friendship? Evangelicals Talk Trump after Big Meeting

06-22-2016

Could Tuesday's meeting signify a new relationship between Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump and evangelicals?

Bishop Harry Jackson attended the meeting with Trump. Watch clips from the CBN News interview.

The event organizers hoped the meeting would spark meaningful conversation and a desire for unity among evangelicals in the upcoming presidential election.

Bishop E.W. Jackson tweeted quotes and videos of Trump's speech throughout the gathering. His tweets reveal that Trump placed significant emphasis on the strength of the evangelical Christian vote in the upcoming election. Trump believes he owes his success to evangelicals.

CBN's David Brody was one of a select few journalists inside of today's meeting between Donald Trump and evangelical leaders. Watch his analysis below.

"I owe so much to Christianity," Trump said in his talk. "I owe it, quite frankly, to be standing here because the evangelical vote was mostly gotten by me."

Trump said the current leaders are "selling the evangelicals down the tubes" and urged Christians to do more than just pray for their leaders, but to vote, too.

"You can pray for our leaders, and I agree with that. Pray for everyone," he said. "But what you really have to do is pray to get everybody out to vote for one specific person."

President and CEO of First Liberty Law Institute Kelly Shackelford attended the gathering and was one of six people selected to ask Trump questions.

"For me, there are two ultimate issues in this election: religious freedom and the federal courts," Shackelford said following the meeting. "I was grateful that the number one topic of today's conversation was religious liberty, giving us a good starting point to understand where Mr. Trump stands on the issue."  

According to Shackelford, Trump noted current religious freedom battles facing Christians today.

"I appreciated how, very early in the meeting, Mr. Trump brought up First Liberty's client, Coach Joe Kennedy, and expressed his concern that a high school football coach would be fired for praying after a game. Mr. Trump said attacks on faith like this need to stop and I agree."

Shackelford believes the meeting signified one step toward a brighter future. 

"I think today was a good start and I look forward to continuing the conversation," he said.

Marjorie Dannenfelser, president of the Susan B. Anthony List, was also pleased with Trump's committment to appoint pro-life justices to the Supreme court.

"I was encouraged when Mr. Trump reiterated the most important pro-life commitment he has made to date: that he would appoint pro-life judges to SCOTUS," she said. "To quote him verbatim, "We are going to appoint great Supreme Court justices... These will be justices of great intellect... And they will be pro-life."

Trump's comments in the highly anticipated meeting with evangelicals come after a concerning Barna Group poll out earlier in the year about the missing evangelical vote.

According to the study, 40 to 50 million Christians, many of them evangelicals, failed to vote in the last presidential election. There are 82 million practicing Christians in the country, meaning almost half didn't practice their right to vote.

CBN News spoke with Chad Connelly, the Republican National Committee director of faith, to talk about the importance of the evangelical vote.

"I think the Left in the media have been really good at telling us, 'You Christians are really good at evangelism and missions, but you shouldn't be involved in politics,'" Connelly said.

However, he disagrees with their message, saying "It's time we get involved."

Connelly believes the first step towards getting involved is for evangelical Christians to build relationships with their leaders first. 

Trump tried building trust with faith leaders Tuesday by focusing on issues that are of key importance of evangelical voters, like religious liberty. However, it is yet to be seen if he can get evangelical voters to unite around him in November.

*CBN neither supports nor opposes any candidate for public office.

Edited by News Room on 06/23/2016 at 7:35am
View News Room's Profile Search for other posts by News Room
News Room
Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: 06/23/2016 at 7:39am | IP Logged Quote News Room

Trump’s New Evangelical Advisory Board is a Who’s Who of Major Christian Leaders

Donald Trump. (Joseph Sohm / Shutterstock.com)

Presumptive GOP presidential nominee Donald Trump announced on Tuesday that his campaign is establishing an evangelical executive advisory board, composed of 25 faith leaders who will advise him on issues “important to evangelicals and other people of faith in America,” read the statement.

The announcement stressed that the advisors chosen were not asked to endorse Trump, but to meet his “desire to have access to the wise counsel of such leaders”.

“I have such tremendous respect and admiration for this group and I look forward to continuing to talk about the issues important to evangelicals, and all Americans, and the common sense solutions I will implement when I am President,” Trump said of the new board, which will convene on a “regular basis.”

The announcement was made on the same day that Trump appeared before hundreds of Christian conservatives in New York City in order to court the evangelical vote.

Later this month, the board will launch a larger Faith and Cultural Advisory Committee.

expressed her "excitement" over the Iran deal as a signal to the start of the End of Dayseight=Michelle Bachmann

The list of board members includes many prominent evangelical names, including former congresswoman Michele Bachmann; Jerry Falwell Jr., president of the evangelical Liberty University; James Dobson, host of the popular radio program “Family Talk” and founder of Focus on the Family; and Ralph Reed, the founder of the influential lobbying group Faith and Freedom Coalition.

image: http://www.breakingisraelnews.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/06 /jerry-falwell-jr-150x150.jpg

Jerry Falwell, Jrheight=Jerry Falwell, Jr.

Not all of the figures are pro-Trump. Several, including Dobson and Richard Land, president of the Southern Evangelical Seminary, have spoken out publically in criticism of Trump, who, while very popular among white evangelicals, has also sparked a difficult dilemma among many Christians who question his commitment to Biblical values. Another board member, Kenneth Copeland, had previously proclaimed that former Trump opponent Ted Cruz was “called and anointed to be the next president of the United States”.

Thus far, Trump’s appeal to evangelicals has carried him to the nomination. His new advisory board is a clear attempt to extend that support towards clinching the presidency. With some prominent evangelicals switching sides to endorse Democratic rival Hillary Trump, the outcome remains murky.

Full list of board members:

Michele Bachmann – Former Congresswoman
A.R. Bernard – Senior Pastor and CEO, Christian Cultural Center
Mark Burns – Pastor, Harvest Praise and Worship Center
Tim Clinton – President, American Association of Christian Counselors
Kenneth and Gloria Copeland – Founders, Kenneth Copeland Ministries
James Dobson – Author, Psychologist and Host, My Family Talk
Jerry Falwell, Jr. – President, Liberty University
Ronnie Floyd – Senior Pastor, Cross Church
Jentezen Franklin – Senior Pastor, Free Chapel
Jack Graham – Senior Pastor, Prestonwood Baptist Church
Harry Jackson – Senior Pastor, Hope Christian Church
Robert Jeffress – Senior Pastor, First Baptist Church of Dallas
David Jeremiah – Senior Pastor, Shadow Mountain Community Church
Richard Land – President, Southern Evangelical Seminar
James MacDonald – Founder and Senior Pastor, Harvest Bible Chapel
Johnnie Moore – Author, President of The KAIROS Company
Robert Morris – Senior Pastor, Gateway Church
Tom Mullins – Senior Pastor, Christ Fellowship­
Ralph Reed – Founder, Faith and Freedom Coalition
James Robison – Founder, Life OUTREACH International
Tony Suarez – Executive Vice President, National Hispanic Christian Leadership Conference
Jay Strack – President, Student Leadership University
Paula White – Senior Pastor, New Destiny Christian Center
Tom Winters – Attorney, Winters and King, Inc.
Sealy Yates – Attorney, Yates and Yates

Read more at http://www.breakingisraelnews.com/70315/trumps-new-evangel ical-advisory-board-includes-michele-bachmann-jerry-falwell- jr/#VDcb3ZK0ipm6sqQ1.99

Edited by News Room on 06/23/2016 at 7:40am
News Room
Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: 06/23/2016 at 7:41am | IP Logged Quote News Room

Alveda King's Take Home Message From Donald Trump: Now Pray!
by Dr. Alveda King : Jun 22, 2016 : Priests for Life-African American Blog
http://www.priestsforlife.org/africanamerican/blog/index.php /what-these-ears-heard-donald-trump-say

"Please join me now in praying for Mr. Trump, Mrs. Clinton, all congressional, gubernatorial, state, county and local candidates, that God will, according to Romans 13 and 1 Timothy 2:2 bless us so that America can have peace and prosperity." -Alveda King

(New York, NY)—[Dr. Alveda King's Blog] The following was submitted by Alveda King after attending the recent Evangelical meeting with Donald Trump: (Photo via Gospel Herald)

Yesterday, sitting among 1,000 Judeo-Christian apostles, prophets, evangelists, pastors and teachers, all spiritual leaders in America at a "Conversation with Donald Trump and Ben Carson" and emceed by Mike Huckabee, I heard Donald Trump say "pray for everybody" but "don't be politically correct." 

Since the meeting was closed to media reporting, we need to understand that information can only trickle out through the biased perspectives of the attendees, me included. 

If we are completely honest, we can agree that the main, number one issue of concern presented to Mr. Trump by the body as a whole was religious liberty. Mr. Trump assured the attendees that protecting religious liberty is a primary concern for him and is at the top of his to do list. 

He further promised to appoint Prolife Supreme Court justices. He promised that "America will be free to say 'Merry Christmas'" again. He promised economic justice as a means of lessening the bands of racism. He promised safe borders for America. He promised to strengthen our military to protect our nation. He gave God the credit for giving him intelligent children. So sorry you couldn't be there to hear all of this. 

At no time did Mr. Trump advise that Americans need to disobey the Bible. Those words did not come out of his mouth. 

Looking forward, the estimated 1,000 leaders in the room have platforms that impact millions of Americans. Now our challenge is to now turn away from railing at each other and the candidates and truly obey the Bible ourselves. 

Please join me now in praying for Mr. Trump, Mrs. Clinton, all congressional, gubernatorial, state, county and local candidates, that God will, according to Romans 13 and 1 Timothy 2:2 bless us so that America can have peace and prosperity.

Amen?

Source: www.breakingchristiannews.com/

Edited by News Room on 06/23/2016 at 7:43am
News Room
Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: 06/23/2016 at 12:22pm | IP Logged Quote News Room

10 Takeaways From Donald Trump's Big Meeting With Christian Leaders
Donald Trump spoke to more than 1,000 key Christian leadersitle=Donald Trump spoke to more than 1,000 key Christian leaders. (REUTERS/Brandon Wade)

What started as an interesting idea to convene 300 Christian leaders in New York for a time with Donald Trump exploded in a matter of weeks. The interest was so overwhelming that special ID badges had to be made to accommodate over 1,000 who eventually came from all over America.

"A Conversation About America's Future With Donald Trump and Ben Carson" is now in the books. It truly was an experience in genuine humility and unity at a time when "our country is in trouble," as Franklin Graham stated in his opening remarks.

I personally counted it an honor to interact with Rev. Graham and others like David Barton, James and Shirley Dobson, Ben Carson and multitudes of humble servants who, like me, came to learn about the man who could be our next president. We want to serve our constituencies well by conveying an accurate representation of who he is and what he's really about. Here are 10 takeaways:

1. Dr. George Barna, "the most quoted Christian in America" according to Christianity Today magazine,  painted a bleak picture of America's current state. Words he used: "Disillusionment"..."transformational shift"... "anything goes morality" ... "confusion and chaos"..."disengagement"... "polarized" and "highly contentious."

2. Congresswoman Marsha Blackburn from my home state of Tennessee described the critical House hearings she's leading to stop illegal procurement and sale of unborn baby body parts. While Hillary Clinton receives applause and endorsement from Planned Parenthood, America's primary abortion provider, Mr. Trump told us he is uncompromisingly pro-life and committed to appointing pro-life Supreme Court justices, contrary to Mrs. Clinton and the Democratic Party.

3. Franklin Graham encouraged us to look at Biblical leaders like Abraham, Moses, David and the apostles, and to recognize all of them had major flaws."None were perfect. Only One is perfectJesusand He's not running for president!"

4. Jerry Falwell Jr., who knows Mr. Trump up close and personal, affirmed the honor and loyalty he receives from his employees and family. Former presidential candidate and governor Mike Huckabee also affirmed these same qualities in Mr. Trump. "Backstage at the debates I saw how real this love and respect was."

5. Mr. Trump was asked, "What is so special regarding your relationship with your five children?" He replied, "God blessed  them with intelligence, but I instilled in them to stay away from cigarettes, alcohol and drugs." Donald Trump never partakes of any of these.

6. Dr. James Dobson said the number one issue in America is religious liberty and that we've been losing it dramatically under the Obama administration. Mr. Trump reassured us of his commitment to counter this by appointing  Constitution-upholding, conservative Supreme Court Justices. He added emphatically that he will "eliminate the Johnson amendment that paralyzes pastors from speaking on religious issues for fear of losing their tax-exempt status."

When this last point was repeated, a collective sigh of relief spread throughout the auditorium.

7. Ronnie Floyd, leader of the Southern Baptist Convention, asked  Mr. Trump about alleviating inner-city violence and poverty. Mr. Trump unhesitatingly and quickly responded with one word, "Jobs!" He exposed phony statistics currently quoted by our president regarding unemployment and economic growth, and pledged to use his vast business experience to straighten out the issues currently facing inner cities. 

8. When Hispanic leader Sammy Rodriguez inquired about immigration and Hispanics coming illegally across the border, Trump contrasted himself with Hillary Clinton and other politicians who endorse open borders and lawlessness. "Hispanic people are some of my great employees and they will tell you they too don't want people coming here illegally and taking jobs away from them." He added that the elements of terrorism and infusion of drugs must be stopped.

9. When Family Research Council leader Tony Perkins asked Mr. Trump about the military and its decline under Obama, Trump came on strong talking about its currently depleted state and need to be retooled to once again "become the greatest fighting force in the world so we never have to use it."

10. Mr. Trump emphasized that he believes the Second Amendment will be gone if liberal Supreme Court justices are appointed under Hillary Clinton. "Rogue judges reinterpreting the Constitution would bring an end to our Second Amendment right to bear arms to protect ourselves."

There was much more that took place at this significant event. When we all knelt down and prayed to God, I personally believe the many who came were ready to leave and process what they heard so they could better serve those who look to them for guidance in this critical time.

Source: Charisma News

Edited by News Room on 06/23/2016 at 12:25pm

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version