Billy Graham's
Message to
America - Video

How I Escaped
the
Mormon Temple

TOP NEWS - Worldwide Kingdom/Revival NEWS
OpenHeaven.com Forum : TOP NEWS - Worldwide Kingdom/Revival NEWS
Subject Topic: Has the Next Great Spiritual Awakening Begun in Burlington, NC? Or in West Virginia - Or at Azuza in CA Or at Foothills in Yadkinville NC Post Reply Post New Topic
Author
News Room
Admin Group
Admin Group

Online Status: Offline
Posted: 07/13/2016 at 1:55pm | IP Logged Quote News Room

Burlington Revival Meeting

Burlington Revival Meeting

Has the Next Great Spiritual Awakening Begun in Burlington, NC?

By

Column by OneCry’s Malachi O’Brien, pastor of The Church at Pleasant Ridge in Kansas City-area Harrisonville and associate pastor of prayer and church revitalization at nearby First Baptist Church in Raytown, Mo. He previously served as president of the Missouri Baptist Convention Pastors’ Conference.

The fame of revival spreads the flame of revival! The flames of revival have ignited in Burlington, NC, in a way that can only be explained by the miraculous power of the Holy Spirit. What began eight weeks ago as regularly scheduled one-week spring revival meeting at New Hope Baptist Church, under the leadership of Pastor Randy Hobbs, has far surpassed the church walls, community, state, and region. It quickly outgrew the seating capacity of New Hope and had to move under the “Old Time Gospel Tent.”

Earlier this week, I had the opportunity to speak with the 34-year-old evangelist C.T. Townsend and hear firsthand what God is doing. This anointed and fiery young evangelist is the human instrument God is using behind this revival. I must admit, since our conversation, I have been calling and texting friends, telling them to take notice of what is taking place.

C.T. immediately and humbly credits this movement to the power of prayer. I was impressed at how quickly he diverted any credit from himself. He says New Hope Baptist Church has prayed every Monday for ten years for God to send revival.

A few weeks into the meeting, a team of intercessors showed up from hundreds of miles away to stay and pray every day for the meetings. They pray in the tent every morning, and there are men underneath the platform praying every night. He says this group, led by Daniel Buchanan (a preacher and intercessor mentored by the late Percy Ray), is leading the prayer charge.

Not only is there power in prayer, but there is power in the unity among churches. “I have never seen such unity,” says C.T. Over 60 churches are now involved. Many other churches from many denominations and backgrounds are being drawn to the meeting.

While speaking with C.T., I was amazed at how quickly he emphasized that the draw is not the music but the preaching of the Word of God. He describes it as electric. Not just any preaching, but preaching repentance and the coming judgment of God. When the preaching begins, he says, “the power of God comes in that old-time gospel tent.” I am reminded of what Leonard Ravenhill once said: “You never have to advertise a fire. Everyone comes running when there’s a fire.”

In his words, the first week of meetings was “non-impressive.” Between 300 and 400 attended, and no one was saved until the final night of that week. However, it was a week of people confessing sin, repenting, and getting things right with God. That final night, a breakthrough occurred; Pastor Hobbs sensed the meetings needed to continue, and continue they have!

Eight weeks later, the revival meetings have moved underneath a massive outdoor tent, provided by Dr. Ralph Sexton, and crowds into the thousands are attending each night. Sixty churches are working together, and at times over 5100 were in attendance for the youth night. From all across the region, including surrounding states, people are driving hours and showing up hours early just to get a seat under the tent and to catch a glimpse of what God is doing. This is more than a Baptist thing. It’s a Jesus thing!

On June 30 over 3000 people showed up to the meeting, from near and far. Over 50 publicly confessed faith in Jesus Christ, including some young people from as far as five hours away!

So far, over 500 have walked the aisle to give their lives to Jesus Christ. According to C.T., many others have been saved watching the sermon online. Every night, the service is live streamed on Facebook.* Recently CBN came to film and document what is happening, and they aired the story of the #burlingtonrevival.*

Week 9 of the Burlington Revival begins July 5. If you are able, go check it out! It will be worth the drive. If you can’t get to Burlington, check out the live stream on C. T.’s Facebook page.*

Please take time to pray for C. T. Townsend, his team, New Hope Baptist Church, Pastor Randy Hobbs, and all involved. This could be the spark needed for a national outpouring of God’s Spirit. The new president of the Southern Baptist Convention, Steve Gaines, said in a recent interview that “The only hope Christians in America and America itself has is for God to pour out His Spirit on the church of the Lord Jesus Christ.” To all believers, pastors and non-pastors alike, let’s believe God for the fire to spread to where we are. This is our ONE CRY.

In summary, I see conviction, salvations, prayer, more prayer, unity, all generations, and the body of Christ coming together in this desperate hour. I am committed to pray for this fire to spread. Will you join me? “There is no hope like revival, and revival is our only hope.” The answer for this nation is not political, it is spiritual.

Revival Is Coming!

Edited by News Room on 07/13/2016 at 3:13pm
View News Room's Profile Search for other posts by News Room
News Room
Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: 07/13/2016 at 2:12pm | IP Logged Quote News Room

Revival in the USA: is it On the Way?

Aimee Herd : Aug 12, 2013 : Troy Anderson - Charisma News

"I want you to lift up your voice believing God intends to pour out His Spirit from Los Angeles to New York City, from the West Coast to the East Coast, and He intends to awaken an entire generation." –Banning Liebscher, Jesus Culture

Jesus CultureIt's been seen in all different aspects of the Church in America—the stirrings of revival. (Photo: Charisma News)

Citing evangelists such as Reinhard Bonnke (Christ for the Nations); the soon-coming nationwide event with Billy Graham; Greg Laurie's Harvest Crusades, and also the spreading influence of the Jesus Culture conferences, a Charisma News article follows the current events and prayers for a revival in the US.

Certainly, churches all over the country have responded to Billy Graham's preparation prior to his huge nationwide event on his 95th birthday, November 7th, when the renowned evangelist will host a massive evangelistic outreach to the country.

Over 16,000 churches and reportedly hundreds of thousands of people have registered to be a part of the My Hope outreach, which includes new messages from Graham, testimonies from others, and powerful worship.

Meanwhile Jesus Culture, emanating from Bethel Church in Redding, California, and steered by director Banning Liebscher, has been traveling throughout the country, stirring hearts with worship and intercession, and recording such events, making them available for all Believers to join in.

"The awakening is happening now," said one participant in a recent Jesus Culture event. "It's happening now, and in no time stadiums are going to be definitely filled."

Liebscher prayed for those attending the three-day conference, saying, "I believe that is what [God] wants to release. I believe He wants to release faith in your heart for your city. I want you to lift up your voice believing God intends to pour out His Spirit from Los Angeles to New York City, from the West Coast to the East Coast, and He intends to awaken an entire generation."

Billy Graham, himself—according to the article—describes a "great spiritual awakening" coming to America.

Edited by News Room on 07/13/2016 at 2:13pm
News Room
Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: 07/13/2016 at 3:08pm | IP Logged Quote News Room

The day after ‘Azusa Now,’ God sent revival to humble coal-mining town in West Virginia

May 18, 2016

By Mark Ellis

Many baptized immediately Photo: Charlee Lifestyle Photography

Many baptized immediately (Photo: Charlee Lifestyle Photography)

The day after 70,000 people jammed the L.A. Coliseum to cry out for revival, God sent the wind of the Holy Spirit many miles away to a humble town of 500 in West Virginia coal mining country.

“We’ve prayed for many years for this,” says Mitchell Bias, pastor of the Regional Church of God in Delbarton, West Virginia. His church had a live stream from the Azusa Now event on April 9th with their own prayer gathering, but little did he know what would happen, beginning the next day.

It seems Pastor Mitch had invited Matt Hartley, a 31-year-old evangelist from Tennessee, to preach at the church’s “spring revival.”

“I felt impressed of the Lord to connect with him,” he notes. “I knew he was a young evangelist.”

After Hartley checked his schedule, he proposed April 10-13 for their event. “He came and started that Sunday. We had tremendous services the morning and evening on the 10th,” says Pastor Mitch.

Matt Hartley speaking April 12th at Regional Church of God

Matt Hartley speaking April 12th at Regional Church of God

The next day Hartley spoke at a chapel service for the church’s Christian school in Williamson, the adjacent town, which Pastor Mitch describes as another “tremendous” gathering.

On the 12th, Hartley spoke at a prayer club meeting at Mingo Central High School at the invitation of the students. The club normally has 30-40 students show up, but everyone was shocked when 450 students arrived – more than half the high school.

“He (Hartley) preached the Gospel, preached against sin,” Pastor Mitch recounts. “I know it’s not popular, but he did. It wasn’t a lengthy sermon.”

At the end of the message Hartley gave an altar call. “He gave an invitation and 150 students responded to receive Christ. There was a lot of emotion. They cried. He prayed for them. They were touched. It was a move of God,” Pastor Mitch says.

Revival at the high school

Revival at the high school (Photos: Kaleb Hanshaw)

“The Lord did it. It was a sovereign move of the Lord.”

Two days later, another prayer club meeting was held at the same high school. About 450 students came, and 150 more students received Christ!

Meanwhile, Pastor Mitch’s church continued their revival services at night. “The crowds continued to grow at our church,” he recounts. “We wanted a revival. We wanted a radical move of the Lord. But we didn’t anticipate this would happen,” he says.

Young people from the high school began attending in the evening, along with others, and the word spread thatMeeting at field house God was stoking the fires of revival.

“By Saturday we were going to have a break and let the evangelists have a break.” But some of the students decided they wanted to organize a rally at the stadium.

Some 2500 to 3000 students from 25 schools in the area jammed into the stadium. Hartley preached and again had a great response as the Lord touched many hearts with salvation.

“The next Sunday morning and evening we had huge attendance at our church. After the Monday evening service we realized we couldn’t accommodate the crowds,” Pastor Mitch says.

One student, Mackenzie Lester, received the Lord in that first week and posted this on her Facebook page: “I’m so happy to announce that my best friend and I made the most amazing decision tonight, we completely gave our lives to God. Three days ago my life was changed for the better and I have pastor Matt Hartley and Kaleb Hanshaw and the rest of the prayer team to thank for that.”

Photo: Mackenzie Lester

(Photo: Mackenzie Lester)

“They have really opened my eyes, and made me see such wonderful things that I’ve never saw before. Tonight is a night that I will never forget.”

Another student, Cynthia Kaye, also posted on her Facebook page: “Tonight 602 people came to Revival and 32 of them were saved. The numbers keep going up! God is moving, and I’m pumped to see just how far it goes.”

“I’m beyond blessed for him to have given me a second chance, and so glad I can say I’m saved! The joy I feel is unlike anything I’ve ever felt in my life. He is so good, and I just wish everyone could feel the way I do. God is so good, and he’s so great. This is just the beginning of what God is getting ready to do.”

On Tuesday, April 19th the meetings moved to the Williamson Field House. “There, it became a multi-congregational revival,” Pastor Mitch notes. “We led the worship; I welcomed everyone and introduced and Matt preached. Scores and scores of people – not just young people — were getting saved.”

After meetings on multiple nights a week for five weeks, the revival spread to Logan County, with gatherings at the Coal Field Jamboree. “We feel like the revival will continue to course through this state,” Pastor Mitch says. “We don’t want this to be a novelty. It’s got to be the real thing or we’re not interested. We just want the Lord to get the glory.”

He hasn’t seen any unusual supernatural manifestations. “We don’t have any gold dust appearing. Nobody’s

Pastor Dtchell Bias with his wife, Regina

Pastor D. Mitchell Bias with his wife, Regina

teeth are being filled supernaturally. No one is barking like a dog or laughing.”

“We want the Lord to inhabit this place. We need him. We are desperate for him.”

Pastor Mitch finds some irony in the Lord choosing to bring revival to small towns in an equally humble state. “This state is a hidden place. You can’t even see us on the Weather Channel. They never mention us. I watch them cover Pittsburgh or Lexington or Richmond, but they don’t even see West Virginia. They never mention us. Some people don’t even know we’re a state.”

In 1998 Pastor Mitch attended a prayer event in Flatwoods, West Virginia organized by Ron Thaxton. “While we were there the Lord gave a prophetic word like he was speaking to a person, but he was speaking to our state,” Pastor Mitch recalls.

That word has been “emblazoned in his spirit” ever since:

Do not disdain your hiddenness, West Virgina. For I have hidden you for the last days. If you will seek me for further revelation, I will show you what this is all about.

“Then the Lord quoted from Micah 5: But you, Bethlehem Ephrathah, Though you are little among the thousands of Judah, yet out of you shall come forth…”

Pastor Mitch is hopeful the wind of the Sprit will continue to blow. “I believe the revival will just continue to spread from county to county,” he says.

“This is not about us. Let the Lord do what he wants. We’ve prayed for many years for this.

Pastor Mitch notes that West Virgina is the only state in the U.S. formed by executive order by President Abraham Lincoln during the Civil War. “Primarily it was that our people did not believe one person could own another person. We did not believe in slavery and would not stay a part of that.”

“Williamson is known as the heart of the trillion-dollar coalfield. God invented coal and he put it here,” he notes.

In 1904-05, God sent revival to the quarries and mining areas of Wales during the Welsh revival.

“My house is in a valley and off in the distance is a coal mine on the mountain top and a deep mine. A beautiful stream that is crystal clear runs from there near my house. I don’t wipe coal dust off my furniture. We are smack dab in the middle of it.”

For whatever reason, the Lord smiled once more on those who go down into the heart of the earth and mine its riches. While many are out of work today, they have felt a wind from God lift their spirits and fill them with unsurpassed joy, as they continue to watch many entering His kingdom, day-by-day.

Source: Godreports

Edited by News Room on 07/13/2016 at 3:09pm
News Room
Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: 07/13/2016 at 5:36pm | IP Logged Quote News Room

Foothills Revival Yadkinville, North Carolina

Thousands attending this salvation revival. Hundreds being saved.

Edited by News Room on 07/13/2016 at 5:52pm

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version