Billy Graham's
Message to
America - Video

How I Escaped
the
Mormon Temple

ARTICLES and Discussion
OpenHeaven.com Forum : ARTICLES and Discussion
Subject Topic: Prayer in Troubled Times = Nancy Taylor Warner Post Reply Post New Topic
Author
Ron McGatlin
Admin Group
Admin Group

Online Status: Offline
Posted: 08/17/2016 at 1:13pm | IP Logged Quote Ron McGatlin

PAROUSIA MINISTRIES
Prayer in Troubled Times

By Nancy Taylor Warner

We are living in a very critical time. We are at a tipping point - politically, socially, economically. How we need an outpouring of the Holy Spirit to touch hearts today! There is much need for prayer - prayer not only to sustain us, but to touch the hearts of others. May I encourage you, in your times with the Lord, to ask even as I do, "Lord, help me to pray!"

The testimony of Sister Dabney, a lady who "prayed through" is shared in a tract, "What It Means to Pray Through," published by the Free Tract Society. Her story begins in a church building almost empty; three and one half years later, she describes gatherings marked by the fragrance of the Lord as she stands on the balcony, watching people coming from all directions for early morning prayer. In her writing she says, "Preaching is good. Teaching essential. But praying is the secret." Maybe this is why the disciples said in Luke 11:1, "Lord, teach us to pray!"

When praying, there is no power in mere words alone. However, reading a prayer given to us by another can be effective - if it touches something within us, going from our heart to our heavenly Father's. Whether a song or a prayer or another expression, it is that which comes from the heart that touches God's heart. In the Amplified Bible, James 5:16 speaks of "earnest (heartfelt, continued) prayer." It is the fervent, heartfelt prayer of a righteous man that avails much.

I love to listen to scripture; as I hear it or later meditate on what I've heard, prayers often come. How wonderful to hold God's word in our hearts as we talk to our Heavenly Father! At times, I experience the same flow of prayer while listening to anointed teaching, especially if it is a teaching I have heard before. I find myself praying into the truths being shared, as my spiritual understanding is enlarged and anointing is flowing through my spirit.

There are many examples of the effectiveness of continued prayer in scripture. May we, too, be ones who not only pray, but continue in prayer. As we pray, may we also remember to make room for quiet times with the Lord, listening prayer, that there might come an impartation of His heart into our heart, a deeper revelation of the Lord Jesus Christ, where not only do we express our thoughts, but we listen to His.

Luke 18:1 says "men ought always to pray, and not to faint." I remember Hattie Hammond saying, "Pray, or you will faint!" The life of Christ shows a pattern of spending time apart in prayer. He trained His disciples in the same way. We, too, must make room in our lives for quality times apart in the Lord's presence if we are going to have spiritual strength and vigor.

An old Nigerian saying I once heard: "You can't put a load on a running donkey!" How busy we can become! Yet today, the Lord is looking for those who will spend quality time with Him, making room for an impartation of spiritual substance, the very life of the Lord Jesus Christ, within our lives.

We are living in a very critical time. We are at a tipping point - politically, socially, economically. How we need an outpouring of the Holy Spirit to touch hearts today! There is much need for prayer - prayer not only to sustain us, but to touch the hearts of others. May I encourage you, in your times with the Lord, to ask even as I do, "Lord, help me to pray!"

May I also encourage you to visit www.wadetaylor.org for teachings that minister spirit and life. Each month we highlight one of my dad's articles under Article of the Month. There are truths that will strengthen, encourage and feed your inner man on other links as well. As you browse our site, why not ask the Lord to lead you to the right article at the right time!

Also on www.wadetaylor.org, under Messages to Hear, we have posted a few audio teachings from recent gatherings. I also hope to make some scripture readings available soon.
Upcoming Parousia Ministries Gatherings: September 10, 2016, Steve Porter will be ministering at the Parousia Prayer Chapel in Maryland. November 5, 2016, there will be a Parousia Gathering in Oakton, Virginia. More information is available on our website.

The 2nd Saturday of each month, we have Tea, Coffee & Prayer at the Parousia Prayer Chapel. If you live nearby and would like to come, please contact me for more details and also to confirm, in case there are schedule changes. It also helps us plan lunch! For those who are a further distance away, this would be a great time to visit the Prayer Chapel, if you would like to arrange a visit!
My sister, Joanne, oversees www.wadetaylorpublications.org. I encourage you to visit that website also! What joy it brings when she shares testimonies from those who have been ministered to as she continues to make available the resources on her website. I especially love the audio book she recently published!

The Lord has really pressed on my heart the importance of speaking blessing over those we care about. As I close, may I speak the blessing of the Lord over you, your life, and all that pertains to you. "The Lord bless you, and keep you; The Lord make His face shine upon you, and be gracious to you; The Lord lift up His countenance upon you, and give you peace." Numbers 6:24-26 NKJV

May He bless you, as He continues to draw you ever closer to Himself. May you increasingly prosper, both spiritually and in your life circumstances, beyond all that you have experienced in the past, and may you be blessed in life, in health, and in all that is before you.

Prayerfully yours,

Nancy Taylor Warner

PAROUSIA MINISTRIES

Edited by Ron McGatlin on 08/17/2016 at 1:21pm
View Ron McGatlin's Profile Search for other posts by Ron McGatlin Visit Ron McGatlin's Homepage

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version