Subject Topic: Prayer for New Zealand Post Reply Post New Topic
Author
Message
Moderator
Admin Group

Joined: 03/16/2005
Online Status: Offline

From: Pray for the Nation [mailto:ifnz@xtra.co.nz]
Sent: Wednesday, 16 November 2016 7:46 AM
To: kschlyder1@dodo.com.au
Subject: Prayer Update 817

Prayer Update 817

Wednesday 16 November 2016

God’s Word for this week ...

A blind man told some unbelieving people about how Jesus had healed him, and now he could see! In unbelief they argued with him, and finally he said, “I have told you already, and you would not listen! Why do you want to hear it again? Do you also want to become His followers?” (John 9:27. In fact, read the whole chapter!)

EARTHQUAKES

Almost every New Zealander will be aware of the magnitude 7.5 earthquake that shook the country (and especially the East Coast of the South Island, from Canterbury to Marlborough; and also Wellington) just after midnight on 14 November, followed by many aftershocks, which are still continuing. This comes just over 6 years after the 4 September 2010 earthquake first struck the Canterbury area especially, followed by the fatal earthquake of 22 February the following year, which resulted in the deaths of 185 people, and about 2000 people injured.

Two people died as a result of this recent earthquake, but it has caused major problems especially around the Kaikoura and neighbouring East Coast area, as well as renewed fear in the Canterbury area which has been affected by all three major earthquakes; and also in Wellington.

Some prayer points include:

· Thanks to God there were not more fatalities or serious injuries in this recent quake.

· Pray that there will not be any further fatal quakes, or ones which cause major destruction and injury.

· Pray for, and praise God for, all those people who have been part of the emergency teams which have helped rescue people, treated the injured, and helped in a multitude of other ways – people who have given their time and skills and efforts to help others.

· Pray for the resources (including monetary resources) to repair or replace what has been destroyed. Our Prime Minister, John Key, says it will cost billions of dollars for the repairs and reconstruction of what has been destroyed.

· Pray for wisdom for all decision-makers in the days and years to come, as they try to restore the areas damaged by the quake, and how to prepare for the future.

· Pray for all those people who are suffering as a result of the earthquakes – whether because of the injury or loss of loved ones; stress and fear; financially through loss of income or employment, homes and property; or in other ways.

· Pray for a major turning of the people of New Zealand to the Lord God Almighty, who has all power over what we call “natural events”. God is able to work miracles, if we will only repent, turn to Him and seek His help, blessing and protection. The point of the Scripture above, under the heading “God’s Word for this week”, is that God can do miracles – what is impossible for us. A blind man was miraculously healed by Jesus and in spite of the blind man repeatedly telling others what Jesus did, they refused to believe! Finally he said, “I have told you already, and you would not listen! Why do you want to hear it again?” How many times does God need to speak to us – including the testimony of those who have experienced God’s miraculous power?

· Pray for a nationwide return of backslidden Christians to Jesus. Pray for nominal Christians, and people who know the Gospel but have never responded to the call of Jesus; pray for those who do not even believe in Jesus or in the one true God, that a major work of God’s Holy Spirit will be done in their lives and that they will be born again and follow Him for the rest of their lives – for their sake, and for our nation’s sake!

· Pray that people will call on the Lord and be saved, set free from fear, rejoice in their new-found salvation and the presence of the Lord as our Good Shepherd who leads, guides, provides, protects and loves each one of us.

Pray for the Nation, PO Box 3399, Wellington 6140, New Zealand. Coordinator: Brian Caughley

· Our latest monthly magazines and weekly Prayer Updates are on our web site: www.pray-for-the-nation.org

· You may Forward this Prayer Update to friends who request it, and photocopy it for your Church and Prayer Groups.

Back to Top
View Moderator's Profile Search for other posts by Moderator

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

  Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot create polls in this forum