RaisingThe
Dead

Billy Graham's
Message to
America - Video

How I Escaped
the
Mormon Temple

Encountering Life's Issues - Is there a God? Is God real?
OpenHeaven.com Forum : Encountering Life's Issues - Is there a God? Is God real?
Subject Topic: Rejection Post Reply Post New Topic
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group

Online Status: Offline
Posted: 08/18/2010 at 7:48am | IP Logged Quote Moderator

Time to Pull off the Glasses

by John Paul Jackson

The spirit of rejection is no respecter of persons. Rejection is a universal experience that manifests itself to some degree in the life of every one of us.

When we are dealing with rejection, it is hard to see the truth. It works like dark sunglasses that subtly, or significantly, color everything in our field of vision. We then respond to this filtered reality as if it were truth: No one understands me. No one sees me the way I want to be seen. People think I'm stupid. I know this person doesn't like me. No one ever likes me. Why did I just say that? I never do anything right.

Until we are able to put aside our human perspective and embrace God's perspective, we won't be able to move past what rejection tells us is true. Perspective is so important. We will either see God's provision, love and life through spiritual eyes, or we will be trapped as victims, preoccupied with how we think we are doing based on our skewed vision and natural strength. If our vision is anything other than God's vision, we won't be able to see ourselves clearly.

The Glass Ceiling

For many years, I was anxious to exercise my spiritual gifts. I knew I had a prophetic calling and a destiny, and I wanted to do what God had put in my heart to do.

But just as there is often a "glass ceiling" in the corporate world, I experienced a similar phenomenon in the church world. And to my surprise, it had very little to do with church leaders who were putting me off. It had to do with me. I slowly became aware that God was much more interested in my heart than He was in putting me before prominent people. He desired to develop my character as much as He wanted to cultivate my gifting.

Growing up, I dealt with a lot of rejection. It colored my thoughts about myself and my gifting, and it didn't allow me to see others clearly. It kept me from seeing what God sees when He looks at me. Though I would have moments of clarity, most of the time, I lived in fear and doubt. However, that began to change when I allowed God to adjust my thinking.

It can be frightening to step away from the familiar boundaries of past thought processes and emotions. But the only way we will survive in this world is by making a radical decision to leave behind our way of thinking and accept God's way of thinking. The Bible calls this "renewing the mind" (Romans 12:2). Among other things, it means letting go of every thought, assumption and viewpoint that isn't from Him. It means taking Him seriously when He says He loves us and not thinking of all the reasons we assume that couldn't be true. If He says it, it is true. There is no question in His mind. He is not unsure.

Perhaps it is time to ask God to help you take off the dark glasses that keep you from seeing yourself and your circumstances through His eyes. You may find that it is the only thing standing between you and destiny.

by John Paul Jackson

View Moderator's Profile Search for other posts by Moderator

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version