Online Status: Offline
"CHURCH IN THE WOODS" REPORT
Posted: 07/25/2004 at 5:23pm
InterSeed's "Church in the Woods" program continues to leave the 99 and search the woods for the one lost sheep. We want to thank Garner Christian Fellowship for their intercession, heart for the homeless and willingness to put feet to their prayers-- going out with us and taking food, clothes, tarps and Jesus to homeless people in the Garner area. Every homeless person we found together received prayer. One man testified, "without the LORD, we couldn't make it out here."
Last week, we were able to update some information, finding 4 current homeless behind the Garner KMart, and about 15 behind WinnDixie. We still have a lot of areas to walk and map-- there are hundreds of homeless. If you can help, please give a call, or email.
Thanks a lot also to Woodland Baptist Church for adopting a homeless lady and her 6 children. She called our "Hotline to God" prayer line and God took it from there.
· More churches to awaken to the needs of the poor and homeless. That they would adopt a couple of people or a family, or a section of woods. If every chruch did this we would have no homeless.
· More intercessors/prayer people to pray for the city, people lost etc.
· More workers on the Hotline to God.
· More prayer walkers.
· Pray for "One Nation Under God," the gathering of ethnic churches of all languages to worship and pray together and for the coming together of all the Body of Christ.
· Finances for InterSeed ministries.
· The move of "With Love From Jesus" and InterSeed to a new location.
"The scepter of the wicked shall not remain
over the land allotted to the righteous!"
--Psalm 125:3a (NIV)