Published by Ron & Barbara McGatlin - Basileia Publishing

In This Edition
1. Welcome the Workings of the Spirit of God
2. The Threshing Floor of Worship
3. Top News Headlines

Subscribe To OpenHeaven.com Digest

1. Welcome the Workings of the Spirit of God

By Ron McGatlin
For decades God’s people have been hearing a fresh word of the kingdom of God or Kingdom of heaven coming forth on earth. This is a beginning portion of a new era of the kingdom of God on earth as it is in heaven. Three major words incorporated in the fresh word from God are restoration, transformation, and manifestation.
God is restoring what has been lost through the rebellion of mankind that began at Adam’s fall from the original created state of mankind on Planet Earth. Restoration began at the birth of Christ Jesus, culminated at the Cross, and flowed onto the earth into God’s people at Pentecost. At Pentecost the fullness of the presence of Christ in the Holy Spirit came forth to indwell God’s people on earth.
The process of transformation is increasingly coming forth to change the world as the Spirit of God fills, saturates, and empowers God’s people with the life of Christ to transform the world.
The manifestation of the kingdom of God on earth is taking place as the workings of the Spirit of God in His people affect one another and the world around them. God working within and among those in whom He dwells by the Holy Spirit is manifesting the will and plan of God from heaven on earth. Supernatural love, power, and wisdom of God are key ingredients for changing our world.
The weakness of God is stronger than men(1 Cor 1:25).
The world will only be changed for the worse by the cunning and intellectual powers of fallen man without God. However, the power, love, and wisdom of Spirit God saturating and filling spirit beings (people) transforms us into sons of God, joint heirs with Christ Jesus (Rom 8:16-17). The release on earth of supernatural heavenly power of the kingdom of heaven will eventually transform the entire world to the will and ways of God.
Spiritual Supernatural Creative Empowerment is in the Holy Spirit
Everything seen with our natural eyes was made by that which cannot be seen. The spiritual gave birth to and sustains the natural. Our natural world of created life is a projection and manifestation of creative unseen spiritual design and power of the living God (2 Cor 4:18) (Heb 11:3).
Spirit God and all spirit beings are outside of time. That which is eternal exists outside of the dimension of time. All earthly creation is contained in a number of dimensions, one of which is time. Everything that can be seen with the natural eye has a time dimension in its existence.
Spirit/Natural Beings
Among the vast earthly creations of God, only one created thing was created in God’s own image. God created man a spirit being and placed him in an earthly body. Only mankind is created with the potential of relating to things outside of time (eternal spiritual reality) and to things within the natural realm of creation and time. Man is equipped to affect the world with the creative power from God flowing from God into us by the Spirit of God, the Holy Spirit. Only mankind has the ability to commune with God, receive His plans and instructions to be brought forth on Planet Earth to change the world to the plan of God.
The creation of all existence including Planet Earth and all that is on it is not entirely an event of one point in time. God did not just speak the world into being and then leave it to do its own thing apart from Him. God is continuously creating or recreating by His all-knowing and all-powerful attributes. All things continue to exist and consist in time by Christ Jesus (Col 1:16-17).
Man’s part is to manage the earth and that which is on the earth with the power of God according to the purposes, plans, and instructions of God. We are to relate to God closely, hear Him clearly, and carry out His desires and instructions to provide for the needs of the created world around us. Special attention is to be given to meeting the needs of His people and all of mankind (Gal 6:10).
An enemy spirit has tricked mankind into relinquishing his place, and the world suffers desperately as a result.
Many believers are just now beginning to recognize that we (the body of Christ on Earth) have been robbed of much of the life God has provided through Christ Jesus by the Holy Spirit. Multitudes have been educated and trained in a sophisticated godless secular-world philosophy of Christianized self esteem. For many people, religious pomp and ceremony along with intellectual bible discourse have replaced the reality of the Spirit of God working within and among true worshipers who voluntarily lay their lives down before God for His use and glory.
Having a Form of Godliness but Denying its Power (2 Tim 3:1-7)
Rather than adjusting to God and His desires much of the now fading church systems have sought to adjust God to the existing cultural conditions of godless secular-world philosophies. Religion quickly builds its traditions and practices that become comfortable to the participants. Groups of congregations connected by their particular form of sophisticated traditions and practices form a stream of religious activity that placates their inner desire for the reality of God. 
Anything different from the rituals and practices of each of the various streams is disturbing and uncomfortable to the participants. The traditions become the cohesive strength of the move. Having replaced the Holy Spirit power with ceremonial strength opens the door for evil spirits posing as angels of light to deceive and eventually devastate the generations of the participants.
The world has endured generations of degradation through this process that continues to take each generation of non-believers further away from God and deeper into the evil kingdom of darkness. Deep darkness is prevailing in much of the world society (Isa 60:1-2).
The restoration of mankind by the Holy Spirit is preparing a people to restore the world to the order of God.
Regeneration has begun and is moving through the generations. Even in the four generations of my lifetime the change is evident in a remnant of the people on earth, the people of God. The remnant is growing rapidly as more people of God become saturated in the Spirit of God and enter into deeper levels of unconditional love and unreserved worship of God in the Holy Spirit. Transformation is in process as these pockets of true worshipers grow and multiply.
A refreshing of the powerful manifested gifts of signs and wonders by the Holy Spirit is coming forth today. It is pointing to the supernatural power of the Spirit of God in His people to change the world.
Ministering spirits are encouraging and assisting with a fresh outpouring of unrestrained worship and praise to God.
Fresh life in the Spirit is overpowering depression and despair among the people of God. For many, worship is moving to a new level of being consumed in the presence of God by His Spirit. Freedom to live and walk in the Spirit comes from the seasons of abandoned worship in the presence of holy angels and maturing saints laying their lives down before His throne to rise up into the life of Christ manifest in their lives (Heb 12:22-24).  Truly sons of God are being prepared through worship, praise, and fervent prayer in God’s manifest presence.
Full-out worship and praise often involves the whole spirit, soul, and body of the worshiper. Society’s acceptable forms of sophisticated practices may not be fully observed by the worshiper that lays their life down for the life of Christ.
The power of God to change the world is not in religious form but in the manifest presence of God by the Holy Spirit.
An angel brought forth this call to worship. Rev 14:7: saying with a loud voice, "Fear God and give glory to Him, for the hour of His judgment has come; and worship Him who made heaven and earth, the sea and springs of water."
Keep on pursuing Love. Love never fails
and His kingdom never ends.

Ron McGatlin

archive.openheaven.com
basileia@earthlink.net

2. The Threshing Floor of Worship
By Amanda Leonard
This past Sunday I had a vision during a time of intense prayer and worship.  I saw this person who was worshipping the Lord.  Out of nowhere came this rubber-like substance that covered this person and began to try and smother this person.  This person couldn't breathe and was panicking.  Then the Lord blew His breathe on this “thing,” and it turned to glass.  The Lord handed this person a rod, and He said, "BREAK IT!!!" He said, "I've given you the authority, so BREAK IT!!!" This person took the rod and drew it back and burst this 'thing' into a million pieces.  Then there was no longer any space between this person and the Lord.  This “thing” that had tried to smother and take out the person was broken and this person entered into the glory of God; His presence was felt like never before.

So this week as I've been in the word, God keeps bringing up the threshing floor and how it relates to worship.  I know that I'm not a bible scholar and that I have so much to learn but I know that God is putting this in my spirit not just for me but for others as well. I know that if God can use me, He can use anyone because I'm just a slave for my King.  I'm an uneducated laid down lover, and that's all I know. So I pray that the Holy Spirit takes over, and that these aren't my words, but His.  If anything written is of me, Lord, I pray that it doesn't cause confusion and that it won't even be remembered.  Amen.

Threshing floors were used to separate grain from the chaff at harvest time.  First, the cut stalks of grain were spread over the threshing floor and a sledge was pulled over the stalks by oxen.  This would break the heads of grain from the stalks.  Then the broken stalks were tossed into the air.  The lighter chaff would blow to the side, while the heavier grain would fall back onto the floor; then the grain could be gathered.  The threshing floor is a place where good is separated from bad, true from false, usually a place of judgment.

The threshing floor is also a picture of worship.  David was told by the Lord to build an altar on the threshing floor.
2 Chronicles 3:1 KJV: "Then Solomon began to build the house of the LORD at Jerusalem in Mount Moriah, where the LORD appeared unto David his father, in the place that David had prepared in the threshing floor of Ornan the Jebusite."
When we enter into worship, we enter into a time of “threshing.” 
Micah 4:12 NLT says, "But they do not know the Lord's thought or understand His plan. These nations don't know that He is gathering them together to be beaten and trampled like sheaves of grain on a threshing floor." 
Micah 4:1: "In the last days, the mountain of the Lord's house will be the highest of all-the most important place on earth.  It will be raised above the other hills, and people from all over the world will stream there to worship."

With what God has been showing me through recent visions is that He is raising up people who FIRST will worship recklessly abandoned, THEN His glory comes and will transform the earth.  We sometimes, maybe unintentionally, “worship” the glory instead of the One from whom the glory flows. 
Psalm 72:18-19: "Praise the Lord God, the God of Israel, who alone does such wonderful things. Praise his glorious name forever! Let the whole earth be filled with his glory." God wants there to be no space between us and Him.

I believe that we, me included, have at some point in time worshipped other things besides Him. 

Exodus 34:14" Do not worship any other god, for the LORD, whose name is Jealous, is a jealous God."

Hosea 9:1: “For you have been unfaithful to your God, bring yourselves out like prostitutes, worshipping other gods on every threshing floor. "

God calls it "adultery" or "playing the harlot" (Ezek 23:37).  Many times we are too worried about other things to truly lay it all down to worship, or we worship these other things; whether it be pride, arrogance, fear, materialistic things, sin, unrepentant hearts, un forgiveness, styles, traditions, our way of thinking, disunity, worldly things.....etc....the list could go on and on of things that can prevent us from entering into that Holy communion with God.

So what is God wanting from us? I truly believe that God is preparing a harvest of worshippers who are willing to go through the “threshing.”  Those who are willing to be “beaten” or “winnowed” until nothing is left but the good, the holy, the pure worship unto the Lord.  God is saying, “I want pure hearts, humble hearts.”  Ones who don't just worship me on Sunday mornings but those who offer worship every second, of every minute, of every day. 
He is looking for those who are willing to become like this broken piece of wheat.  God is restoring this pure unadulterated worship. 
Isaiah 57-15: "The high and lofty one who lives in eternity, the Holy One, says this: I live in the high and holy place with those whose spirits are contrite and humble. I restored the crushed spirit of the humble and revive the courage of those with repentant hearts."
Psalm 24:3-6 NIV:  3) Who may ascend the hill of the Lord? Who may stand in his holy place? 4) He who has clean hands and a pure heart, who does not lift up his soul to an idol or swear by what is false. 5) He will receive blessing from the Lord and vindication from God his Savior. 6) Such is the generation of those who seek him, who seek your face, O God of Jacob." 

Psalm 51:15-17 NIV: 15) O Lord, open my lips, and my mouth will declare your praise. 16) You do not delight in sacrifice, or I would bring it; you do not take pleasure in burnt offerings. 17) The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit; a broken and contrite heart, O God, you will not despise.

God is asking, “Are you willing to go to the threshing floor?”  Are you willing to let God purify you, and are you willing to break those things that have created this space between you and God? 
He is ready, but we have to be willing.  Just like in the vision, we have to be the one to break it.....God is there just cheering us on! He is telling us to break it, because He wants to get closer to us. 
We need to break our ideas of what we think worship should look like.  Worship may look different for each person, but the main question is, “are we giving God EVERYTHING?” Is there something between us and Him that is smothering us and trying to kill us?  That's what the enemy wants. He wants for us to become distracted with other things. 
These “things” will eventually choke the life out of us, because the very essence of life flows from the Spirit of God.  Whatever the enemy can bring in to cause us to lose our focus, he will do to distract us from the King of Kings.  Our worship should be as it is in heaven; worship lifts our perspective from the earthly to the heavenly.  We should be supernatural beings having human experiences instead of humans having supernatural experiences.
Ephesians 2:6 NIV: "And God raised us up with Christ and seated us with him in the heavenly realms in Christ Jesus".
Revelation 4:9-11 NIV: 9) Whenever the living creatures give glory, honor and thanks to him who sits on the throne and who lives forever and ever, 10) the twenty-four elders fall down before him who sits on the throne, and worship him who lives forever and ever. They lay their crowns before the throne and say: 11) You are worthy, our Lord and God, to receive glory and honor and power, for you created all things, and by your will they were created and have their being.

He is worthy, are you willing?

Much Love,
Amanda Leonard

3. Top News Headlines    

Obama Cozies Up with Islamists in 'Post Al Qaeda Era' - 4/26/2012
The White House is moving toward developing ties with the Muslim Brotherhood and other Islamists groups in the Middle East. President Obama believes he has no choice but cultivate the Brotherhood and other Islamic groups in Egypt and other countries. "No longer are all Islamists viewed as having possible terrorist ties. "The war on terror is over." Read On: http://archive.openheaven.com/forums/forum_posts.asp?TID=39549&a mp;PN=1&TPN=1

Religious Liberty April 2012 Update: SUDAN, MALI, AFGHANISTAN, BURMA, EGYPT, KASHMIR - 4/26/2012
SUDAN: The Battle for Heglig, Church Torched, Southerners Trapped, LRA Revived, Aerial Bombardmnet of South Sudan - MALI -AFGHANISTAN, - BURMA: The Christian Kachin Abandoned - 'EGYPT: Sliding Into A Dark Age - INDIAN Administered KASHMIR: Christians Arrested. Read On: http://archive.openheaven.com/forums/forum_posts.asp?TID=39546&a mp;PN=1&TPN=1

Experts Warn Europe-Like Crisis around the Corner - 4/25/2012
As the days go by, the U.S. national debt steadily goes up. Since 2007, it has been increasing at a pace of $397 billion a day. "If we have a debt crisis, which is just around the corner, then all those programs that people organize their lives around, their retirements around, are going to be broken promises, and we're going to have severe disruption in peoples' lives." Read On: http://archive.openheaven.com/forums/forum_posts.asp?TID=39542&a mp;PN=1&TPN=1

Missionaries: Made in China - 4/26/2012
With a population spilling over the 1.3 billion mark, this nation is home to one-fifth of the planet. Beijing claims 19 million residents, Shanghai 20 million, It’s also hard to ignore the in-your-face wealth of the cities. Cartier, Rolls Royce showrooms and luxury hotels. These are clearly China’s glory days—small wonder the West is looking to the East to bail them out. Read On: http://archive.openheaven.com/forums/forum_posts.asp?TID=39545&a mp;PN=1&TPN=1

Grandfather steals children from his 'infidel' Christian son - 4/26/2012
A man in a heavily-Muslim-populated area of East Africa recently kidnapped his grandchildren after discovering that their father--his son--was teaching them about Christianity. The grandfather found his grandson reading a Bible. It has been three months since that terrible day, and Beniam has not seen any of his children since. He is still following the Lord. Read On:  http://archive.openheaven.com/forums/forum_posts.asp?TID=39547&a mp;PN=1&TPN=1

New Campaign to Eradicate House Churches Launched by Chinese Government - 4/23/2012
China's house churches, which uphold religious freedom and hold fast to the true faith, have been viewed by the Chinese government as a hostile group of dissenters and have been targets of persecution and crackdowns. How will this new Chinese government campaign to eradicate "house churches" impact them? "We'll wait and see." "Meanwhile, we also pray." Read On: http://archive.openheaven.com/forums/forum_posts.asp?TID=39527&a mp;PN=1&TPN=1

News From British Isles, Ireland. Europe and Worldwide - 4/26/2012
Uruguay: Baby boy raised from the dead - Norfolk Church could lose premises for criticising Islam - Christians called to tackle social exclusion - Children being damaged by online porn - Midwives launch appeal in defence of conscience rights - Ban on Christian advert upheld - Sweden: Plans deportation of Iranian Christians despite dangers - Much More> Read On: http://archive.openheaven.com/forums/forum_posts.asp?TID=39550&a mp;PN=1&TPN=1

Freedom Climb to bring families together against human trafficking - 4/26/2012
48 women climbed the 19,000-foot Kilimanjaro mountain to raise awareness and funds for fighting trafficking. The trek raised over $400,000. Freedom Climb Atlanta, GA scheduled for May 12 is on a much smaller scale, suitable for families. In the three-mile climb (1.5 miles both ways on the Sawnee Mountain Preserve), families will gain perspective of the heart of Christ. Read On: http://archive.openheaven.com/forums/forum_posts.asp?TID=39548&a mp;PN=1&TPN=1

Chuck Colson of Prison Fellowship Dies at 80 Years Old - 4/21/2012
Charles W. "Chuck" Colson, founder of Prison Fellowship and the Colson Center for Christian Worldview, died this afternoon from complications of a brain hemorrhage. Colson was 80 years old and was surrounded by his wife Patty and family as he graduated to Heaven. Colson spent the last years of his life in the dual role of leading Prison Fellowship, and the Colson Center. Read On: http://archive.openheaven.com/forums/forum_posts.asp?TID=39519&a mp;PN=1&TPN=1

Charles Carrin: LAURIE, MY WONDERFUL WIFE OF 60 YEARS IS WITH THE LORD - 4/21/2012
Sunday, March 25, 2012, my wife Laurie quietly slipped away to be with the Lord she loved. She was in the Hospital for five days under the care of Hospice. I told her that our daughter Cecile and her family would be arriving in the afternoon. Laurie was comatose, but she heard me. They kissed her, caressed her, prayed with her, and twenty minutes later, she died. Read On: http://archive.openheaven.com/forums/forum_posts.asp?TID=39514&a mp;PN=1&TPN=1

For More Top News Headlines, Go Here: http://archive.openheaven.com/news/headlines/

Unlimited permission to copy and post or reprint without altering text or profiteering is hereby granted subject to proper credits and inclusion of this web address: http://archive.openheaven.com . However, if an item not written by Ron McGatlin is marked Copyright, you should contact the original publisher for permission to reproduce.

Thank you for forwarding the OpenHeaven.com Digest to your mail list.

View Ron McGatlin's Profile Search for other posts by Ron McGatlin Visit Ron McGatlin's Homepage

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version