VOICE OF PROPHECY - Prophetic Words
OpenHeaven.com Forum : VOICE OF PROPHECY - Prophetic Words
Subject Topic: Peace in the camp Post Reply Post New Topic
Author
Mark Reece

Online Status: Offline
Posted: 07/16/2008 at 8:25am | IP Logged Quote Mark Reece

Hello All,

I have just returned from some time out of the US. Our team entered into a place of significant spiritual turmoil – which spilled out into political turmoil. As the fatigue and sickness began to wear on us, it was necessary to take special precaution against friction and division.

As I have scanned the Forums since returning, I see a similar situation. The revival page is much quieter than a month ago, and the number of sharp or even harsh replies has risen. We need to re-focus on loving each other and listening closely. This lull between waves is a time when division can be worked by our adversary. It must not be… We need to stand firm in peace, unmoved by the stress of waiting and bless each other.

Blessings!

mark

View Mark Reece's Profile Search for other posts by Mark Reece
Beverly Miller

Posted: 07/17/2008 at 8:38am | IP Logged Quote Beverly Miller

AMEN MARK~

THANKS FOR POSTING!

BLESSINGS,

BEVERLY MILLER

View Beverly Miller's Profile Search for other posts by Beverly Miller Visit Beverly Miller's Homepage
Ron McGatlin
Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: 07/17/2008 at 10:20am | IP Logged Quote Ron McGatlin

Mark, Glad you are back. As one of the people in charge of "keeping the peace" on OH forums. I sincerely welcome your help in speaking peace. Honestly, the revival forum only settled down after we lost a number of people who were strongly anti Lakeland. I am working on the other forums especially the Voice of Prophesy forum to seek to maintain quality of fellowship and peace.

There seems to be a woldwide split among believers who believe one way and all others who believe another way especiall regarding iisues such as supernatural, hearing God, intimate relationship with God, house church and traditional church structure.

Mark can you help us or is this civil war amongst Christians as prophisied years ago something that cannot be avoided.

Much love and respect,

Ron

Edited by Ron McGatlin on 07/17/2008 at 10:22am
View Ron McGatlin's Profile Search for other posts by Ron McGatlin Visit Ron McGatlin's Homepage
Mark Reece

Posted: 07/17/2008 at 12:09pm | IP Logged Quote Mark Reece

Hi, Ron!

Boy, you’re asking a lot of these frazzled and jet-lagged brain-cells…

I do not think that the landscape has changed all that much from the days of Paul. He was forced to contend against the relentless onslaught of the ‘judaizers’ – those who lived by ritual and party membership and not by the Spirit through faith in Jesus. I know what a struggle it has been to prevent OH from being defiled by some of those who posted concerning Lakeland because it didn’t fit their rituals and didn’t come from their camp.

But, Paul also sought peace among those who were true to the Lord, but experienced friction among the brethren. For example,  Phi 4:2  I urge Euodia and I urge Syntyche to live in harmony in the Lord.”

Personally, I do not think that we will see a civil war in the Church, regardless of the esteemed credentials of the one who prophesied it. I believe we are on the edge, not of a civil war, but of a great revelation. Ritual and party membership are powerful in times of status quo, but are revealed as void and meaningless in times of trouble. For the past 200 years here in the West, almost anyone could make the claim that they represented Jesus Christ and His Church. But a shaking is seizing the West, such as we have not seen before. Unlike the shaking of war – and we’ve seen some BIG ones – this shaking is striking the roots and structures all around us. It has no outward enemy to draw men closer together, to unite them in a common cause. But, as in war, it is stripping away the choices and goods which make up the fabric of culture. Without the binding force of a common enemy things are going to be torn apart. Those cultural structures which have masqueraded as Church or Christian will be revealed for what they are, and the love of God which illuminates the children of our Father will also be seen.

There is good reason to avoid the imagery of a civil war. It is the imagery of brother against brother in a struggle for supremacy. This will not be the case at all, but, hearts that are primed for that will act accordingly. What we actually need is to press into the unity that Laurence has been describing; a unity predicated on and informed by our life as sons of one Father through union with Jesus Christ.

Literally, it will be a two act play here in the West. In act one, the children of our Father who have been seduced by the promises of Babylon to provide comfort and security will have their eyes opened to the truth. You actually can live without your 401k and retirement and insurance and new furniture and all the stuff…  and what’s more, you can use those resources freely every day to pursue the kingdom. When this happens we will find many, many faithful people entering into a new level of union with Christ; union with Him in suffering for and bearing the burdens of others as well as finding a daily experience of the Spirit’s depth and power. This will set the stage for act two, wherein, the unity Laurence describes as the Body begins to function begins to shine forth.

In the meantime, we share tiring work in the heat of the day. Easy to become discouraged and irritable in such conditions. That is why we need to encourage each other.

Blessings!

mark

View Mark Reece's Profile Search for other posts by Mark Reece
Ron McGatlin
Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: 07/17/2008 at 12:34pm | IP Logged Quote Ron McGatlin

Thanks Mark, this is a most encouraging word. Big AMEN!

Ron

View Ron McGatlin's Profile Search for other posts by Ron McGatlin Visit Ron McGatlin's Homepage
Rose Hanson

Posted: 07/17/2008 at 1:30pm | IP Logged Quote Rose Hanson

With all due respect to all Christians, whatever forum, there needs to be Christ's love, in all our hearts, as division amonst the body has become a real thing in this time.   I do not like disunity anymore then the other guy/gal.  But lets be real church, if one's opinion is for something, or if one's opinion is not for something, let us not get hyped up. And I do have my opinion, but will not say, one way or the other.    But let us love one another, for heaven's sake.   

The Holy Spirit teaches us all things, not man.   

Edited by Ron McGatlin on 07/17/2008 at 2:43pm
View Rose Hanson's Profile Search for other posts by Rose Hanson
Monika Schmid

Posted: 07/18/2008 at 8:33am | IP Logged Quote Monika Schmid

Quoted from: God is Shaking the Church!

http://archive.openheaven.com/forums/forum_posts.asp?TID=21664&a mp;a mp;PN=1

...The shaking we are experiencing today is a move of God, who wants to live and move and have His being through His people. He wants to change the world through us!...

...The rumbling we hear will continue until all we see is Him. Then we will begin to present His kingdom to the world. His power and love will pour out of us as we allow Him to use us to bring about His purposes—so let’s embrace the shaking and discover His freedom today.... End quote.

From the point we look these times can be seen as the best or the worst days in our life. Since 1. April 08 we are in the "war mode".

Monika

Edited by Monika Schmid on 07/18/2008 at 8:35am

Psalm 84,6-7
View Monika Schmid's Profile Search for other posts by Monika Schmid Visit Monika Schmid's Homepage

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version