Subject Topic: POWER HOUSE WORD THROUGH MAHESH CHAVDA Post Reply Post New Topic
Author
Zach Dixon

Online Status: Offline
Posted: 03/24/2009 at 9:20pm | IP Logged Quote Zach Dixon

Mahesh Chavda:
"Moving From Infilling to the Power of the Spirit"

The Secret of Jesus' Power

Jesus upended the lives of His disciples the day He appeared to them shortly after His resurrection as they huddled in fear behind locked doors. He said, "As the Father has sent Me, I also send you" (John 20:21b). We would like to think that this is a nice Scripture passage to read instead of what it really is—a timeless call to follow Him into the world with the good news.

"As the Father has sent Me, I also send you." John 20:21b

This is the Lord's word to every disciple who hears His voice. Are you His disciple? Do you want to be His disciple? Then say with me right where you are, "As the Father sent Jesus, Jesus is sending me!" Jesus is our ultimate model in life, in faith, and in ministry. According to Him, you and I are called and anointed to follow in His footsteps as "sent ones" into the world.

How could Jesus do these things and accomplish the astounding miracles we see throughout the four Gospels? The secret of His power is found in Luke 4:14: "Then Jesus returned in the power of the Spirit to Galilee, and news of Him went out through all the surrounding region."

Look carefully at the difference between verses 1 and 14 of Luke chapter 4: Before the temptation in the wilderness, the Bible says that Jesus was filled with the Spirit. That is a good thing, but look at verse 14. At the end of the wilderness temptation and 40 days of fasting, Jesus had totally defeated satan and came out of that experience in the power of the Spirit! He was led of the Holy Spirit into the wilderness to be tested. As He obeyed, under the unction of the Holy Spirit, He became empowered to pull down satanic strongholds. So there is a clear difference between being filled with the Spirit and operating in the power of the Spirit!

Something transformed Jesus from being a "Spirit-filled" man into a man who walked in the "power" of the Spirit. Remember that Christ was fully God and fully man. His example in fasting provides God's insight into dealing with obstacles of both flesh and spirit. We need to make the secret of Jesus' power the secret of our power, because He is, after all, our ultimate model.

Many of us function at the level of being filled with the Spirit, and I firmly believe that the in-filling of the Holy Spirit is wonderful. But it is only the first stage of progression beyond salvation. We need to go on.

Move Beyond the In-filling Into
the Power of the Spirit

Jesus Christ showed us the way and personally modeled it for us. Being filled with the Spirit does not make you ready to move into the fullness of your calling in power. We need to submit to the discipline of the Holy Spirit, and during that time frame God will disciple us in the crucial works of prayer, fasting, and the skillful use of His Word as a weapon. Then we will go forth in the power of the Spirit to do God's will.

We have majored on the Word of God for centuries and have learned some things along the way. We are just beginning to step into obedience regarding the discipline of prayer today, but fasting remains a rarely practiced mystery to the modern Church. It is here that we find the principal key to going beyond the in-filling of the Spirit to tap the power of the Spirit.

Jesus fully completed the process in only 40 days, but it would probably take you and me much longer. The important point here is to begin. The disciples were with Jesus for three years, during which time they were discipled under the anointing of Jesus Christ. Yet it was only after the wilderness of the crucifixion and the time of fasting and prayer in the upper room that they pressed through and received both the in-filling of the Holy Spirit and the dunamis or "power" of the Spirit to boldly proclaim the Gospel in the face of opposition.

I want you to see that fasting helps release the power of the Spirit in our lives. It doesn't necessarily help you "earn" more grace from God, but it facilitates the freer flow of the Holy Spirit through you by dissolving and removing all the junk in your life. This can only be accomplished through times of fasting and prayer.

If you give yourself to the Lord in a life that's committed to prayer and to fasting, His anointing will begin to flow through you in greater and greater power. These things are the "first works" we are called to do if we want to do the works of Jesus Christ. The initial or first work of Jesus before He went into His ministry in the power of the Spirit was to fast and wage spiritual warfare in prayer and the Word.

I don't believe in accidents in the Kingdom. It is no accident that you are reading these words. I believe that you were led to this point by the Holy Spirit because you are one of the people He has chosen to serve in His end-time army—you are called and anointed to do the works of Jesus Christ, and even greater works!

You don't have to go on dramatically long fasts to get the benefits of fasting and spiritual warfare. The critical element is not the length of the fast, but that you yield to His leading. I've noticed that God always raises up certain men and women to personally live out certain truths to extreme depths so they can speak and teach them to others with proven authority. That is what happened to me. God released me to teach authoritatively about prayer and fasting, but only after I had quietly conducted many lengthy fasts over a period of two decades at a certain cost to myself and my family.

God is not interested in teaching "theory," but in imparting spiritual truths backed up by solid personal experience and application of His Word. God gives us such people as examples to encourage us to press into Him in certain areas of importance to His plans and purposes for our lives. He wants you to measure up to His purpose for your life.

The difference between the anointing of the Spirit and the power of the Spirit is dramatically illustrated in the incident described in chapter 17 of the Gospel of Matthew following Jesus' transfiguration on the mountain:

"And when they had come to the multitude, a man came to Him, kneeling down to Him and saying, 'Lord, have mercy on my son, for he is an epileptic and suffers severely; for he often falls into the fire and often into the water. So I brought him to Your disciples, but they could not cure him.'

"Then Jesus answered and said, 'O faithless and perverse generation, how long shall I be with you? How long shall I bear with you? Bring him here to Me.' And Jesus rebuked the demon, and it came out of him; and the child was cured from that very hour.

"Then the disciples came to Jesus privately and said, 'Why could we not cast it out?' So Jesus said to them, 'Because of your unbelief; for assuredly, I say to you, if you have faith as a mustard seed, you will say to this mountain, 'Move from here to there,' and it will move; and nothing will be impossible for you. However, this kind does not go out except by prayer and fasting." Matthew 17:14-21

When Jesus was alone with the disciples, He gave them one of the most important keys Believers can ever learn to win victory against the greatest obstructions the enemy places in our lives, ministries, and callings. This key can only be perceived and received in the realm of the Spirit because our victory lies in the realm of the Spirit. God has given us mighty weapons for the "pulling down of strongholds" according to the apostle Paul:

"For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war according to the flesh. For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal but mighty in God for pulling down strongholds, casting down arguments and every high thing that exalts itself against the knowledge of God, bringing every thought into captivity to the obedience of Christ, and being ready to punish all disobedience when your obedience is fulfilled." 2 Corinthians 10:3-6

Since our weapons (and therefore our victory) are not found in the natural realm of "flesh and blood," our enemy, the devil, will try as often as he can to get us into the natural or fleshly mode of battle and struggle. The most effective way for you and me to put our flesh in its place and walk in the spirit is to fast and pray. If the Son of God fasted and prayed for power in His ministry, why should you and I think we are exempt from these things?

Jesus expects you to fast and to pray. In Matthew 6:5-7, He didn't say, "When you feel like praying…." No, He said three times, "When you pray…." Not if.

In the same way, Jesus didn't say, "If you should someday decide to try to fast, although I know it's almost impossible for you…" in Matthew 6:16-17. No, He said, "When you fast…." He didn't give us the option not to fast. He considered it to be such a natural part of the Christian life that He told the disciples and their critics that prayer and fasting would be a part of their lives after He left them. Nothing has changed since He said those words. If you are a Christian, then you pray. If you are a Christian, then you fast.

God wants to release a double anointing in us so that we can bring that authoritative word of healing, deliverance, and restoration that the disciples witnessed in the deliverance of the epileptic boy. The disciples later exercised that same demon-busting power of the Spirit in the Book of Acts and throughout the narratives of the Epistles. It is about time for us to do the world-changing works of Jesus as we see the devastation in the world around us!

If the Holy Spirit has stirred you as you read through this article, then God is probably preparing you for war! He has chosen you to do the works of Jesus in your generation, and that can only be done in the power of the Spirit.

If you are willing to take up the supernatural weapon of prayer and fasting as a regular part of your arsenal, then say to the Lord right now, "As You lead, Lord Jesus." If you are willing to pay the price of regular prayer and fasting so that you can pull down strongholds, have victory for your life, and bring deliverance and freedom to the captives in your generation, then tell the Lord, "Where You lead me, Lord, I will follow."

This article is an excerpt from The Hidden Power of Prayer and Fasting by Dr. Mahesh Chavda. Written from a lifetime of experience in the power of prayer and fasting, this book gives practical instruction and Biblical foundations to help you step into greater victory and power as part of God's end-time army of anointed vessels.

Mahesh Chavda
Mahesh Chavda Ministries

Email: info@maheshchavda.com

Edited by Zach Dixon on 03/24/2009 at 9:21pm

Kriston Couchey

Posted: 03/25/2009 at 7:54am | IP Logged Quote Kriston Couchey

Good word,

I would add that it is a matter of losing the love of the world and it's entanglements. It is finding the Love of God as a result of seeking Him in prayer or fasting that enables us to lay down the distraction of the flesh. It's not a matter of wrk, but REST that we recive fully His love.

Fasting helps remove the distractions that steal our rest.

Kris

View Kriston Couchey's Profile Search for other posts by Kriston Couchey
Mandy Gay

Posted: 03/25/2009 at 9:58am | IP Logged Quote Mandy Gay

I would add too that fasting exposes the true condition of our heart and the excuses we use to justify unbelief.

Love Mandy

View Mandy Gay's Profile Search for other posts by Mandy Gay
Kevin D. James

Posted: 03/25/2009 at 2:59pm | IP Logged Quote Kevin D. James

As usual, Mahesh is right on the cutting edge of hearing and releasing to the body insights the Master wants us to know. May I respectfully add...

John 20:21 (Young's Literal Translation)

'Jesus, therefore, said to them again, `Peace to you; according as the Father hath sent me, I also send you;'

• Yeshua was sent into the earth 'as' the Word made flesh. (We are sent as Living Epistles, offspring of that very Word, partakers of His divine nature) -  (II Corinthians 3:2-3, Hebrew 8:10, II Peter 1:4) 
  • Yeshua was sent into the earth as the incarnation of the Father.  (We've been sent as His body, his flesh and his bone - Ephesians 5:30)

Edited by Kevin D. James on 03/25/2009 at 2:59pm

'Herein is our love made perfect, that we may have boldness in the day of judgment: because as He is, so are we in this world.' - I John 4:17
View Kevin D. James's Profile Search for other posts by Kevin D. James Visit Kevin D. James's Homepage
Zach Dixon

Posted: 03/26/2009 at 1:31pm | IP Logged Quote Zach Dixon

As He is so are we in this earth, yes kevin.......

selah

For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war according to the flesh. For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal but mighty in God for pulling down strongholds, casting down arguments and every high thing that exalts itself against the knowledge of God, bringing every thought into captivity to the obedience of Christ, and being ready to punish all disobedience when your obedience is fulfilled." 2 Corinthians 10:3-6

shalom.......zach

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version