Billy Graham's
Message to
America - Video

How I Escaped
the
Mormon Temple

VOICE OF PROPHECY - Prophetic Words
OpenHeaven.com Forum : VOICE OF PROPHECY - Prophetic Words
Subject Topic: The spirit of sloth is consuming a generation - Hard Word Two Post Reply Post New Topic
Author
Gene Redlin

Online Status: Offline
Posted: 05/28/2009 at 5:52am | IP Logged Quote Gene Redlin

Here's what I believe I hear the Lord Saying:

The devil has come to steal kill and destroy. If he cannot destroy a generation by war, by famine, by addiction, by infanticide, he is now attempting to kill it by a spirit of sloth.

This is an spirit that looks like luxury. A spirit that seems to have at it's root status and privilege. Instead, it is a spirit designed to crush the capacity for productive activity even when inspired by my spirit. It's advertised, it's promoted, it's published. You deserve this the world system says.

Look and you will see those who take shortcuts, do not work, find ways to avoid doing what is needful. Even in the church. Even among those who are my called ones. Sloth, even laziness has cast a shadow over them. Many among my people believe they are living by faith, but are in fact possessed by a spirit of sloth. They have bought a lie that causes them to sit and do nothing expecting me to reward their sloth.

They have become accustomed to living from the goodness of others and from the government. Some even couch what they are doing in taking my name in vain by saying that they are doing nothing but seeking ME. They are blinded to the requirements and warnings in my word about the perils of sloth.

Entertainment in the form of television, movies, video games, personal devices, computers plus over medication legal and otherwise, are added to labor saving devices even education systems that have inspired a spirit of "winning at any cost even if you have to cheat", doing everything except working at it.

This spirit has been set upon the world to derail the destiny I have for this generation. Generations that went before were good examples for work, but now there are many even of the generation in authority today that no longer demonstrate productivity. They now model the very slothful spirit for this generation. They are being used of the enemy for evil.

A Hispanic woman has risen to be nominated to the Supreme Court of the land. The story of her hard work, her parents sacrifices, the obstacles in poverty she overcame are being lauded. This is a common story in MY WORD. The fact that she is being held as an example means she now is the exception. Overcoming difficulty thru diligence is now considered unusual. This contrast is a prophetic example of how far you have drifted from diligence.

It is unusual because the spirit of sloth is loosed on the land. Your children and your children's children are most targeted. I am calling on my prophets and preachers to speak out against this spirit that has been loosed to destroy heritage on the earth. They are MY heritage. I gave them to you to steward. Take back this ground from the enemy by prophetic and apostolic action.

Some have seen difficult economic times as a curse. I say to you, this is my judgment on many things. This is restoration of the truths of my word. This is in part how I will purge the spirit of sloth from the earth from this generation. Watch what I am doing and cooperate with my moving on this generation.
View Gene Redlin's Profile Search for other posts by Gene Redlin Visit Gene Redlin's Homepage
Nancy Minor

Posted: 05/28/2009 at 7:01pm | IP Logged Quote Nancy Minor

How often I have wept as my brothers and sisters have spent frivolously while men and women of God go hungry in Africa, India and Pakistan.  $150. for an ink pen.  Designer this, and gotta have that. Prosperity has replaced approval. Or rather become the symbol of GOD'S approval.  Self indulgence at every turn. Our dear brother Larry Burkett asked a question once, " when is it enough?"  That really struck a chord.  Hpw many pairs of shoes DO I need? (for example.) 

I quote 1 point out of 15 found in the Lausanne Covenant:

9. THE URGENCY OF THE EVANGELISTIC TASK
More than 2,700 million people, which is more than two-thirds of all humanity, have yet to be evangelised. We are ashamed that so many have been neglected; it is a standing rebuke to us and to the whole Church. There is now, however, in many parts of the world an unprecedented receptivity to the Lord Jesus Christ. We are convinced that this is the time for churches and para-church agencies to pray earnestly for the salvation of the unreached and to launch new efforts to achieve world evangelization. A reduction of foreign missionaries and money in an evangelised country may sometimes be necessary to facilitate the national church's growth in self-reliance and to release resources for unevangelised areas. Missionaries should flow ever more freely from and to all six continents in a spirit of humble service. The goal should be, by all available means and at the earliest possible time, that every person will have the opportunity to hear, understand, and to receive the good news. We cannot hope to attain this goal without sacrifice. All of us are shocked by the poverty of millions and disturbed by the injustices which cause it. Those of us who live in affluent circumstances accept our duty to develop a simple life-style in order to contribute more generously to both relief and evangelism.

(John 9:4; Matt. 9:35-38; Rom. 9:1-3; I Cor. 9:19-23; Mark 16:15; Isa. 58:6,7; Jas. 1:27; 2:1-9; Matt. 25:31-46; Acts 2:44,45; 4:34,35)

I remind you AGAIN, If MY people who are called by MY Name, will humble THEMSELVES and PRAY, I WILL hear from Heaven and Heal their land.  

It is time to pray for a Spirit of Excellence to over take us, such as Daneil had.

They that KNOW their GOD...this is NOT idly sit by and think about HIM once in a while. It is actively pursue and interact with Him. One must actively participate in making love or else we call it rape. God is not looking for who He can rape, but who will be His most ardent and passionate lovers.  And THOSE kind of lovers go to extremes to please their love!  No room for sloth in that kind of love!  Selah.

heartandhandsblog@yahoo.com
View Nancy Minor's Profile Search for other posts by Nancy Minor Visit Nancy Minor's Homepage
Lori Torrano

Posted: 05/28/2009 at 10:14pm | IP Logged Quote Lori Torrano

Ezekiel 16:49

"Look, this was the iniquity of your sister Sodom: She and her daughter
had pride, fullness of food, and abundance of idleness; neither did she
strengthen the hand of the poor and needy. And they were haughty and
committed abomination before Me; therefore I took them away as I saw
it." NJKV

""The sin of your sister Sodom was this: She lived with her daughters in
the lap of luxury---proud, gluttonous and lazy. They ignored the
oppressed and the poor. They put on airs and lived obscene lives. And