Author
Ron McGatlin
Admin Group
Admin Group

Online Status: Offline
Posted: 02/17/2010 at 1:20pm | IP Logged Quote Ron McGatlin

Arising From the Depth of Longing

By Ron McGatlin
Unrequited love births deep longing – a strong desire for fulfillment.
Fully requited love is fulfillment with joy and satisfaction beyond reason or understanding.
Though one possess the whole world and can do all things, there is yet a painful sense of desire when deep love is not returned by the one that is loved.
Love that is not felt in the deep realms of the heart of both the one loving and the one loved is not completed love. Love that is not felt is not fully experienced love. However, love is more than feeling. Love produces a covenant-type testament, a union that involves giving substance of one’s life to another. Substance of life is imparted to the one loved, creating a vacuum in the life of the one giving the love. When the love is requited, life flows back into that empty space. If the love is not requited, the space is left empty.
The nature of love is to give. Love will give all it possesses. The deepest treasure of the soul is not too much for love to give.
God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son. That which is substance of Himself was given freely to those who are the object of His great love.
A stream of love flows from God toward the world. Every person in the world is an object of the love of God. Life flows from God toward all mankind like the sun flows life to all the earth. 
When unrequited, the magnificent love of God for His people becomes the source of deep longing in the heart of God.
The reflection of God’s immaculate love back to Him in the passionate worshipful love response of His people (His Bride) is the source of ultimate joy in the heart of God.
Father God’s love flowing into His people produces purity. Our hearts filled with His love develop a passionate desire to please Him. Our deepest motivation becomes to always please Him and never disappoint Him. His desire guides us, and His grace empowers us to live holy lives according to His will in every matter of life.
All sin begins and ends with not loving Godnot reflecting to God the magnificent love streaming from God to His people. Disobedience to the will and purpose of God will always be accomplished in the environment of not loving God. Perfect obedience can only be accomplished in the love of God. It is not possible to reflect the pure love of God and sin at the same time. Obedience is not by the law but by the love of God. Obedience is not from human effort to do right; it is from knowing God in a love relationship. Love is the most powerful motivational force in creation. God is love.
God desires a mate.
There is a deep longing in the heart of God for His mate – His counterpart to receive and reflect His love fulfilling the longing in His heart. God desires a mate made in His image who in loving submission reflects the glory of all things back to Him.
At this point it is needful to remember that the Lord our God is ONE. Father, Son, and Holy Spirit are ONE God. Inside the heart of God, the three are One. In the outworking of God toward man and creation, the individual manifestations for function of FATHER, SON, and Holy SPIRIT are evident. The three are ONE SPIRIT GOD. (Mark 12:29)
Many Sons - One Bride
Mature sons of God are the individual parts of the collective Bride.
Arising from the depth of longing in the heart of God is the desire for a pure and holy Bride without spot or wrinkle made of the collective Body of Christ that is made up of many purified sons (Heb 2:10).
God’s purpose and plan are evident in original creation.
Natural creation is a clear picture or representation of the Creator. The ways of unseen Spirit God can be known by observing His creation (Rom 1:20).
Adam was created in the image and likeness of God and the breath (spirit) of God was breathed into him. All of the animals were created with a mate beside them. There was a counterpart mate: a male and a female of every species. Only Adam, the human species, made in the likeness of God was alone and had no counterpart. No mate was found for him in all creation.
Adam was like God who also was without a mate.
There was no counterpart found among all of God’s awesome creation suitable as a mate for God. There was no one to receive His love and reflect it back to Him. There was no one suitable to intimately commune and fellowship with God. There was nothing in all creation to become one with God. Mankind was created to become one with God to intimately fellowship Spirit to Spirit as the Bride of God.
In the image and likeness of God, Adam was created without a mate. Adam knew the longing of the heart of God by the longing within himself for a mate. God established patterns in the natural life of human beings for all mankind to view that reveals His purposes and the process of creating His mate. He took a portion of Adam and made a mate for him.
God is taking from Himself and making a bride/wife for Himself. The pattern of Adam and Eve and all scripture that deals with the human family relationship are pictures or patterns of the Heavenly Family. God became a man in Jesus to restore the Family spiritual DNA corrupted by Adam’s sin. Christ in the Holy Spirit as a seed planted in every redeemed person is the potential to grow into mature holy sons of God fit together as the Body of Christ on earth becoming the bride/wife of Christ (God).
Becoming the Bride of Christ is becoming bone of his bones and flesh of his flesh.
Gen 2:23: And Adam said: "This is now bone of my bones And flesh of my flesh; She shall be called Woman, Because she was taken out of Man."
Eph 5:30-32: For we are members of His body, of His flesh and of His bones. For this reason a man shall leave his father and mother and be joined to his wife, and the two shall become one flesh. This is a great mystery, but I speak concerning Christ and the church.
The more we experience becoming members of Christ’s Body, His flesh, and His bones, the more we come to share the deep longing in the heart of God for His complete mate to be fully manifest on earth.
Mankind is created with a desire for God in his spirit.
Our deep longing to fill the empty space created in us that causes us to long for God is daily satisfied as we are filled with His magnificent love causing us to greatly desire to worship, honor, and praise Him always.
The Family of God in Heaven and Earth
The Bride Church (ekklesia) is an intimate part of the Family of God. God is our Father and our Husband. In Christ we are born spiritual children who are to mature into sons of God and collectively become the bride/wife of God in heaven on earth. We become one with God as Christ Jesus abides within us by the Spirit and we abide in Christ Jesus. We live only in and for Christ Jesus who is all the fullness of God.
Keep on pursuing love. It never fails
and His kingdom never ends.

Ron McGatlin

archive.openheaven.com
basileia@earthlink.net

Edited by Moderator on 02/20/2010 at 5:12am
View Ron McGatlin's Profile Search for other posts by Ron McGatlin Visit Ron McGatlin's Homepage
Maria Woolston

Posted: 02/17/2010 at 2:25pm | IP Logged Quote Maria Woolston

Thank you Ron --- I just so rejoice to hear the wooing voice of our bride groom -- What a great joy to wake up this morning and  read this. He is deeply, deeply in love with us.

Abundant blessings,
Maria.
View Maria Woolston's Profile Search for other posts by Maria Woolston
Beverly Miller

Posted: 02/17/2010 at 6:32pm | IP Logged Quote Beverly Miller

Thankyou Ron ~

Beautiful!

Blessings,

Beverly Miller

View Beverly Miller's Profile Search for other posts by Beverly Miller Visit Beverly Miller's Homepage
Bill Evans

Posted: 02/17/2010 at 7:11pm | IP Logged Quote Bill Evans

Praise God Ron

Janine Nicole

Posted: 02/18/2010 at 7:07am | IP Logged Quote Janine Nicole

I have one question about the comparison of family and God being our Husband and Father. Would'nt it be more natural and appropraite to say God is our Father and Jesus is our Husband? I've struggled with this concept for years..of us being God's mate..I get the allegories, I just don't understand why God wants us as a mate? Excellent article by the way!
View Janine Nicole's Profile Search for other posts by Janine Nicole
Ingrun Hofmann

Posted: 02/18/2010 at 7:15am | IP Logged Quote Ingrun Hofmann

Awesome Ron! Thank you for sharing.

Blessings
Ingrun

View Ingrun Hofmann's Profile Search for other posts by Ingrun Hofmann
Kathy Bippus

Posted: 02/18/2010 at 1:07pm | IP Logged Quote Kathy Bippus

Hi Janine,

Ron wrote " In Christ we are born spiritual children who are to mature into sons of God and collectively become the bride/wife of God in heaven on earth. We become one with God as Christ Jesus abides within us by the Spirit and we abide in Christ Jesus. We live only in and for Christ Jesus who is all the fullness of God."

The collective bride/wife of God is the coming and outshowing of our intimate relationship. Just as in these `traditional' marriage vows.."Will you love her, comfort her, honor and keep her, in sickness and in health, for richer, for poorer, for better, for worse, in sadness and in joy, to cherish and continually bestow upon her your heart’s deepest devotion, forsaking all others, keep yourself only unto her as long as you both shall live?" ~to have and to hold : )

"Do you BRIDE'S NAME) take GROOM'S NAME to be your husband – to live together in the holy estate of matrimony? Will you love him, comfort him, honor and keep him, in sickness and in health, for richer, for poorer, for better, for worse, in sadness and in joy, to cherish and continually bestow upon him your heart’s deepest devotion, forsaking all others, keep yourself only unto him as long as you both shall live?" ~to have and to hold : )

~Marriage is the union of husband and wife in heart, body and mind. Marriage is the means through which a stable and Loving environment may be attained.~

In and through the bride/wife/body, children are birthed..there is " begets", "begetting", which in the being-doing of manifests Father's Love, manifests His Rule, manifests His Dominion, manifests His Life..etc.  righteousness, peace and joy in Spirit. The discernable appearing of the Glory of the Lord fills the earth as the water covers the seas. and so Jesus said, " Go you therefore and teach all nations, baptizing( immersing) them in the Name of the Father, of the Son and of the Holy Spirit.  Teaching is not words only..but is a life lived in demonstration. Just as the saying goes, " actions speak louder than words."  Evenso, our life lived disciplines, disciples the nations accordingly..if you've seen Me, you've seen the Father. You see His righteousness( right-relating, upright relationship) which manifests peace and joy. ..all of which issues from Love...Covenant Love.

Edited by Kathy Bippus on 02/18/2010 at 1:12pm

View Kathy Bippus's Profile Search for other posts by Kathy Bippus
Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: 02/20/2010 at 5:10am | IP Logged Quote Moderator

Janine Nicole wrote:
I have one question about the comparison of family and God being our Husband and Father. Wouldn't it be more natural and appropriate to say God is our Father and Jesus is our Husband? I've struggled with this concept for years..of us being God's mate..I get the allegories, I just don't understand why God wants us as a mate? Excellent article by the way!

Hello Janine,

We need to remember that of a truth we have only ONE God. Father Son and Spirit are all one. I know this is mind boggling but it is truth and reality. This is about more than an allegory. The bride of Christ is more than a picture. There is a true spiritual family in heaven and on earth and the bride/wife is part of the real family of God spiritually. God is Spirit, the Son is Spirit and they are both with us in the Holy Spirit. We are spirit. Heaven is a spiritual realm. In the Spirit there is neither Jew or Greek, bond or free, male or female.

We as spirit have a soul and live in a body to both fellowship with God in spirit and relate to the natural created world in our bodies. All to glorify the Lord God Almighty our Father, Husband, Friend and worthy God of all.

God is not our natural father or natural husband and we are not God's natural bride or sons. The natural is a picture of the spiritual reality.

Hope this helps.

Ron

View Moderator's Profile Search for other posts by Moderator
Janine Nicole

Posted: 02/20/2010 at 6:02am | IP Logged Quote Janine Nicole

Kathy and Ron,

Thank you for your above explanations...I'm still mind boggled, but what you explained IS HELPING me wrap my mind around it alittle better. Okay, so with all of the above said..my understanding is that we are to have this outworking in the natural. So our natural relationships should reflect the spiritual reality, correct? So, if we are in direct contact/relationship with those who do not know this spiritual reality we should be living this spirtual reality in the natural. Jesus said if you love me you will keep my commands...am I understanding this correctly? The first part of the article grasped my attention for most of us have experienced unrequitted love. God experiences it on a daily basis from most of His creation. I have wondered if He has allowed us to experience this unrequitted love so we can understand what He experiences being in separation from us.

Ron, you have mentioned that we are neither male nor female in Christ, we are all one in Him. I have a brother who is homosexual. This of course has caused me to look at this issue very deeply, since it hits home. I read a writing earlier this year from a brother in the Lord that shared homosexuality is a parable about worshipping self. This really opened my eyes to alot, but I am still left with some questions on the matter. I can remember before coming to know the Lord a great feeling of always needing to look inward for answers. I am by nature a very analytical and reflective person. I can understand someone struggling to find and understand their sexuality becoming so focused on it that it becomes a form of worship. But since we are not created to be alone, I can see where this inward form of trying to find "yourself", a worship or obsession with it can become displaced and a person then attaching themselves or being attracted to a member of the same sex. However, most often homosexual relationships all have a male/female dynamic to them..most have a more feminine and masculine even within the same sex relationship.

Now with all that said, being that we are all spiritual beings I do wonder if satan could attack many in this area even in the womb. If you look at the LGBT community many have struggled with their sexuality at very young ages. There are so many factors affecting this. Being a nurse, I also understand the hormonal factors that affect us even in the womb. Oh the healing our creation (that all of us) needs can run so deep.

I would also like to touch on what Kathy said here, " In and through the bride/wife/body, children are birthed..there is " begets", "begetting", which in the being-doing of manifests Father's Love, manifests His Rule, manifests His Dominion, manifests His Life..etc.  righteousness, peace and joy in Spirit. "

what does this mean? How does this happen? And is it a reality for the here and now or something we await when His kingdom is full manifest in the earth?

One final question, since satan clearly is still the god of this world..are we to stand in our alloted relationship stations until satan's kingdom is overthrown? The present distress Paul spoke of was thousands of years ago... are we still presently distressed, lol?? I am asking this because I truly want to reflect Christ to those around me in my relationships. Especially since earthly marriage is to reflect our covenant relationship with God. So whether we are married or single, I do believe we are to honor that relationship. In light of that, I have a caution flag when I read in His word what He calls fornication or adultery. I am asking because I myself have a hard time remaining single (although it does not consume me I can live with it!!), but I also understand that He is moving in our lives in such a way that the spiritual truth is to become a natural reality. His word is very, very clear that only death ends the marriage covenant. Since God created marriage to be a reflection of our relationship with Him, it seems pretty clear that we are to live that out in our natural relationships. I am not only asking for myself, but I am also in contact with many others that are walking through this situation. God has called them to be faithful in situations with spouses who have left and are not faithful. Some are settled in this call, others are not. I want to understand this truth not only so I can be more settled and sure, but so that I know I am also giving others the correct counsel on the matter. However, my firm belief is that each one ultimately has to have their peace and settling on the matter from God, not a person...At the same time, I cannot take the matter lightly when His word seems so clear on certain commannds, the confusion comes in when flesh and emotions and life circumstances get thrown into the mix...

Ron McGatlin
Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: 02/21/2010 at 5:32pm | IP Logged Quote Ron McGatlin

God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son. That which is substance of Himself was given freely to those who are the object of His great love.
A stream of love flows from God toward the world. Every person in the world is an object of the love of God. Life flows from God toward all mankind like the sun flows life to all the earth. 
When unrequited, the magnificent love of God for His people becomes the source of deep longing in the heart of God.
The reflection of God’s immaculate love back to Him in the passionate worshipful love response of His people (His Bride) is the source of ultimate joy in the heart of God.
Father God’s love flowing into His people produces purity. Our hearts filled with His love develop a passionate desire to please Him. Our deepest motivation becomes to always please Him and never disappoint Him. His desire guides us, and His grace empowers us to live holy lives according to His will in every matter of life.
All sin begins and ends with not loving Godnot reflecting to God the magnificent love streaming from God to His people. Disobedience to the will and purpose of God will always be accomplished in the environment of not loving God. Perfect obedience can only be accomplished in the love of God. It is not possible to reflect the pure love of God and sin at the same time. Obedience is not by the law but by the love of God. Obedience is not from human effort to do right; it is from knowing God in a love relationship. Love is the most powerful motivational force in creation. God is love.
Ron
View Ron McGatlin's Profile Search for other posts by Ron McGatlin Visit Ron McGatlin's Homepage
Ron McGatlin
Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: 02/23/2010 at 6:13am | IP Logged Quote Ron McGatlin

Love that is not felt in the deep realms of the heart of both the one loving and the one loved is not completed love.
Love that is not felt is not fully experienced love.
 However, love is more than feeling. Love produces a covenant-type testament, a union that involves giving substance of one’s life to another. Substance of life is imparted to the one loved, creating a vacuum in the life of the one giving the love. When the love is requited, life flows back into that empty space. If the love is not requited, the space is left empty.
The nature of love is to give. Love will give all it possesses. The deepest treasure of the soul is not too much for love to give.
Ron

Edited by Ron McGatlin on 02/23/2010 at 6:14am
Maria Woolston

Posted: 02/23/2010 at 12:30pm | IP Logged Quote Maria Woolston

Janine Nicole wrote:
. I have a brother who is homosexual. ...

Hi Janine,
I am also a nurse (I haven't nursed for some years now!!)  I have read your above post very carefully and while I have some answers to your questions I do not profess to have them all..

Same - sex attraction isn't usually an issue of volitional (cognitive) choice ( it promises repeated and painful rejection . Who willingly chooses that??!!) nor is it explainable by chromosomes as findings are inconclusive and inconsistent. What is vital to understand are the subconscious factors and these can be traced, faced and replaced 
(David Riddell NZ)-- meaning they can actually be healed if the person has the necessary insights.

There are about 7 identifiable sub- conscious factors. If there are more than one present or just one severe one it will spell real gender attraction confusion and alot of pain for the sufferer.

Homo - sexual desire is simply one amongst many forms of "brokeness" and Christians need to be careful not to "awfulise" it beyond any other expression of human brokeness, such as alcoholism, anxiety, manipulation or depression. (Paraphrased - David Riddell NZ)

Janine I have a friend here in New Zealand who is a Christian counsellor (trained counsellor) who has deep insights into same - sex attraction. I have just quoted him above in italics.  I would be bold enough to say he is the best Christian counsellor in New Zealand, and likely in the world. He also runs schools here in New Zealand and does counselling over Skype. he has travelled to various parts of the world doing schools also. He has spent thousands of hours counselling broken Christians that the church is sadly not equipped for. And has assisted many out of the pit of darkness, hopelessness and despair into the abundant life that is ours in Christ.

Please email me if you would like more insights into the healing of same - sex attraction or would like David (the counsellor) and his wife's contact details and website..:David and his wife are the most compassionate and insightful Christians I know and also one of the most fruitful..

maria.greg@xtra.co.nz

In His compassion,
Maria.

Edited by Maria Woolston on 02/23/2010 at 12:57pm
Maria Woolston

Posted: 02/23/2010 at 12:55pm | IP Logged Quote Maria Woolston

Ron McGatlin wrote:
Love that is not felt in the deep realms of the heart of both the one loving and the one loved is not completed love.
Love that is not felt is not fully experienced love.
 However, love is more than feeling. Love produces a covenant-type testament, a union that involves giving substance of one’s life to another. Substance of life is imparted to the one loved, creating a vacuum in the life of the one giving the love. When the love is requited, life flows back into that empty space. If the love is not requited, the space is left empty.
Ron

Dear Janine,
This is how our Father feels about your brother....such is His love for all.

Blessings,
Maria.

Edited by Maria Woolston on 02/23/2010 at 12:56pm
Janine Nicole

Posted: 02/26/2010 at 4:01pm | IP Logged Quote Janine Nicole

Maria,

Thank you so much for all you shared here!! I will be sending you an e-mail. I would love to be connected with the resources you have mentioned. Thank you and God bless you! ~Janine

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version