Billy Graham's
Message to
America - Video

How I Escaped
the
Mormon Temple

VOICE OF PROPHECY - Prophetic Words
OpenHeaven.com Forum : VOICE OF PROPHECY - Prophetic Words
Subject Topic: "A DECEPTION made of SUGAR" - extracts by Arthur Eedle. Vision in 1974 Post Reply Post New Topic
Author
Maria Woolston

Online Status: Offline
Posted: 04/21/2010 at 2:24pm | IP Logged Quote Maria Woolston

"A DECEPTION made of SUGAR"
- extracts by Arthur Eedle. Vision in 1974

Twenty years ago this month the Lord gave me one of the strangest visions I have ever received, and on reflection I still believe it to be one of the most important, revealing the subtlety of the enemy's intrusion into the end-time works of God. The vision became the subject of our very first edition of The Prophetic Telegraph, which we published on 27th June 1986. In view of the way things have gone in the western world in the last twenty years, we now believe that it is timely to review this vision in the light of developments. The Lord said that in the last days He would send "strong delusion" to those "who received not the love of the truth." This was the basis of the vision, which may now be set down once again for analysis.

The Crown Agents in London had appointed me to teach in the King George V School, Hong Kong.... I was told there were more millionaires per square mile in Hong Kong than anywhere else in the world, and after being there for some time, I could well believe it. Looking back I now believe that what happened next was related to the Hong Kong way of life, as it was going to influence the newly forming charismatic churches in the west. Except that the luxury relates mainly to the spiritual realm rather than the material realm.

As I sat looking at this amazing scene I began to see something else, and because of its strangeness my mind was alerted immediately to the fact that God was conveying truth in visionary form. I saw a duck, and I knew that it had been made of icing sugar because a hand was smoothing down the surface with a knife. When all was complete, the strange thing padded along on its webbed feet as though alive, and settled down on a flat surface somewhere. But if this was strange, the next part of the vision took me even more by surprise, because I saw dozens of people arriving at the duck, and it was only then that I realised how large it was. It must have been all of forty feet tall! The people were excited about the coming of the duck, and some of those who were braver than the rest even went up to it and touched it. One of them licked his fingers and the taste was sweet. Breaking a fragment from the surface he ate it, and jumped for joy. Others gained confidence and followed his example until they were all delirious with excitement. I saw them singing, dancing, throwing up their hands in the air, and embracing each other. The festive atmosphere was its own advertisement. People arrived in droves, pushing and shoving, and climbing over the duck with the aid of ladders in an effort to obtain a handful of icing sugar and join in the fun.

This continued for some time until one man gave a very loud shout, which brought everything to a halt. They saw him pointing to a hole that had appeared in the icing sugar. It was therefore not solid as they had originally thought. No one had imagined the sugar icing might give out sooner or later. After this, caution was exercised in the eating. Everyone agreed to ration what was left. But they found to their joy that even the smallest taste produced the same effects as a handful, and they wished they had learned this lesson earlier. In the process of time many more holes appeared. Some tried looking inside the duck, but all was pitch dark. Nothing could be seen. Gradually the duck became wafer thin. All of a sudden the crash came as the remainder of the duck disintegrated in a cloud of very fine dust. The crowd became silent, waiting and watching.

It took a while for the dust to settle, and then I had a shock. Inside the duck there was a terrible black beast about forty feet long, in shape like a scorpion with bulbous green eyes. It also had wings similar to those of a dragonfly. I fully expected the crowd to disperse at great speed, but instead they became delirious with excitement once again, and accepted the beast as their accredited leader. If anything, the excitement became greater than before. At this point the vision changed, and I saw the hand once again. It was outstretched with some white pills on the palm. A small number of people were arriving to receive one, which they ate. The result showed on their faces as an inner sense of peace and tranquillity. And then the two visions merged. Once again I saw people taking the icing sugar from the duck and jumping about in excitement. The group fromthe second vision were approaching, and mingling with the crowd, warning them, "Don't eat it! It's dangerous!" But there was very little response. Some shouted at them, "Go away, you prophets of doom! Don't tell us that YOU have the Spirit of the Lord. Where is your joy?" Disheartened they eventually wandered away, feeling a dull ache in the pits of their stomachs.

Later on, when I had made a record of the vision, the Lord spoke to me, and I wrote down the message, as follows:-

"The hand that formed the bitter pill fashioned also the duck. This is my work, and by it my name will be magnified. Twenty centuries of progress has not changed the nature of man, and neither has it changed mine, says the Lord. My Son is the Way, the Truth and the Life. All those who reject the bitter pill of the cross will find themselves prey to the lie. I will send them strong delusion, and they will believe it and rejoice in it because their hearts are not set upon the Way. They will accept falsehood in a season of careless security, indulging in spiritual flirtation with powers of darkness dressed up in acceptable guise. They longed for sweet things and I gave them sugar, but it was not in tune with my heart, says the Lord. And each bite of the duck they take, so grows the beast within. And each bite of the duck they take, so blind they become to the truth. And then, when antifaith has done its final work the beast is revealed to the world, enthroned within the temple of God, blasphemously parading divine nature. Mark well my words, says the Lord, there is but one great sign for this world, one marvel, one miracle of challenge that I will accept, and it is the sign of the prophet Jonah. And those who take the bitter pill shall find loneliness, derision and sorrow. And they shall walk the way of their Master, learning of His sorrows, sharing His suffering, conforming to His death. But I shall raise them to life, life on a higher plane, and they shall take my message to the nations. This is my sign, and this shall be their reward. All other ways, however right they may appear to man, shall be disallowed in my sight, says the Lord. And those who eat the duck shall refuse this glory when it is revealed for it shall be folly to them. Choose therefore whilst it is still possible, choose the salt and reject the sugar, says the Lord, for the time is now short."

I should like to display a brief snatch from another vision, one which my wife received in June 1969. She saw a dam across a narrow ravine, and behind the dam there was to start with just a small trickle of water, but over a lengthy period of time the water rose to produce a large lake, and eventually filled the ravine to the top of the dam. At this stage, the dam burst, and the waters flowed out, bright and iridescent, into the valley beyond. The Lord gave the interpretation. The water represented the faith of His people. And the effect of faith was twofold. Firstly, the faith had an effect in the believer's life and his walk. But secondly, the faith had another effect, which was not appreciated by the believer at all. In heavenly places, each act of faith was like the water behind the dam. God was preparing for a yet future day when, in His Kingdom, He could liberate the combined effect of all the faith of His elect, and it would flow out to a needy world. I believe the two visions are essentially the same in their interpretation. But the dam refers to God's work, whereas the duck refers to the counterfeit work.

The people who ate the pills - These have fed on the true word, and have seen the nature of the evil. They pray for the others, and whenever occasion arises, they approach them and warn them, but usually to no avail. Hence the sweetness in the mouth gave way to bitterness of soul at the outcome of their endeavours.

The Lord's hand - Some might be upset when they realise the Lord was the One who designed the duck. But it must be remembered that in olden days, after King Saul's disobedience, the Lord withdrew His Spirit from him, and gave him an evil spirit instead. In each of these cases, the Lord takes full responsibility for what happens, even though Satan was the donor of Saul's evil spirit, as he is also the architect of the duck.

Those who tried to warn the people of the dangers they were facing, only received reviling comments. "Where is your joy?" they asked. But how can you approach such people with a smile, when your task is to warn them of danger? They were drunk with the wine of intoxication, produced by the effects of eating the sugary sweet words of the false prophet, and enjoying the effects.

The Holy Spirit's ministry to believers is essentially towards their re-creation in the Lord's own image. But in these days, at the latter end of the twentieth century, vast numbers of believers look to the Holy Spirit for power, signs and wonders, which instead of crucifying the flesh, tend to feed it. Oh how easy it is to be captivated by all the manifestations of supernatural power today. Many Christians go "conference hopping" in the hope of being present at yet another occasion of "blessing", where they can witness all manner of effects, not just by the preacher and those called to the front, but throughout the auditorium. If believers persist in praying to the Holy Spirit for signs and manifestations, the Holy Spirit cannot answer. It is contrary to the purpose for which the Spirit has come. But there is always "another" who "comes in his own name", and "him you will hear." The crucial decision must be made. Is the flesh being fed, or crucified?

The Lord spoke to my wife some years ago saying, "In these days treat the miraculous very lightly. Look rather to the LIVES of those who profess to have spiritual powers." We have found it a most valuable word.

It is amazing how hard one may become when striving constantly for "power". But those who are striving for mastery (lawfully), "walk in the Spirit and have no confidence in the flesh." All such are progressively broken on the Rock which is Christ, and in brokenness they learn to be gentle, even when acting as salt.

Two final words. First of all, over the years since 1986, when we first started publishing The Prophetic Telegraph, we have frequently warned our readers about these growing tendencies within the charismatic movement. But lest any should think that we doctrinally reject manifestations of God's Holy Spirit in these end days, our testimony is that my wife and I received the baptism of the Spirit in 1967, and have used the gift of speaking in tongues in our private prayer lives ever since. We have also been God's instruments in areas of deliverance ministry, healing, and in receiving visions and revelations from the Lord.

Normally we should not wish to advertise this fact, but it seems necessary to say so at this juncture to avoid being misunderstood.

And secondly, over this period of time we have certainly been too strident and even harsh in our advertisement of the words of warning given to us. The Lord has graciously revealed these areas t us, (mainly myself), and where necessary letters of apology have been dispatched. It is good therefore to reveal this publicly now. My sincere prayer and desire for all those who are being sucked in to this present hyped up atmosphere of spiritual worship, is that the Holy Spirit will bring them through to a stable ground where they can appreciate the "way of the cross" that Jesus taught. I have no antagonism towards any of God's people, no matter what their persuasion is. If God has saved them through the precious blood of His own beloved Son, then they are my brothers and sisters in Christ. May God teach me how to love, and yet retain integrity based upon the revelation granted, until the end come.

Edited by Maria Woolston on 04/21/2010 at 2:30pm
View Maria Woolston's Profile Search for other posts by Maria Woolston
Jeffrey Stewart

Posted: 04/21/2010 at 2:28pm | IP Logged Quote Jeffrey Stewart

Quote:
. Mark well my words, says the Lord, there is but one great sign for this world, one marvel, one miracle of challenge that I will accept, and it is the sign of the prophet Jonah. And those who take the bitter pill shall find loneliness, derision and sorrow. And they shall walk the way of their Master, learning of His sorrows, sharing His suffering, conforming to His death. But I shall raise them to life, life on a higher plane, and they shall take my message to the nations. This is my sign, and this shall be their reward. All other ways, however right they may appear to man, shall be disallowed in my sight, says the Lord. And those who eat the duck shall refuse this glory when it is revealed for it shall be folly to them. Choose therefore whilst it is still possible, choose the salt and reject the sugar, says the Lord, for the time is now short."

Amen.  There are rocks in the mountains where flowers grow through the cracks.  God can cause a flower to grow in the most seemingly inhospitable places.

Edited by Jeffrey Stewart on 04/21/2010 at 3:13pm

The secret of great faith is being fully convinced of His great faithfulness to keep His Word.
View Jeffrey Stewart's Profile Search for other posts by Jeffrey Stewart Visit Jeffrey Stewart's Homepage
Lyn McSweeney

Posted: 04/21/2010 at 3:25pm | IP Logged Quote Lyn McSweeney

Maria Woolston wrote:

"A DECEPTION made of SUGAR"
- extracts by Arthur Eedle. Vision in 1974

Twenty years ago this month the Lord gave me one of the strangest visions I have ever received, and on reflection I still believe it to be one of the most important, revealing the subtlety of the enemy's intrusion into the end-time works of God. The vision became the subject of our very first edition of The Prophetic Telegraph, which we published on 27th June 1986. In view of the way things have gone in the western world in the last twenty years, we now believe that it is timely to review this vision in the light of developments. The Lord said that in the last days He would send "strong delusion" to those "who received not the love of the truth." This was the basis of the vision, which may now be set down once again for analysis.

The Crown Agents in London had appointed me to teach in the King George V School, Hong Kong.... I was told there were more millionaires per square mile in Hong Kong than anywhere else in the world, and after being there for some time, I could well believe it. Looking back I now believe that what happened next was related to the Hong Kong way of life, as it was going to influence the newly forming charismatic churches in the west. Except that the luxury relates mainly to the spiritual realm rather than the material realm.

As I sat looking at this amazing scene I began to see something else, and because of its strangeness my mind was alerted immediately to the fact that God was conveying truth in visionary form. I saw a duck, and I knew that it had been made of icing sugar because a hand was smoothing down the surface with a knife. When all was complete, the strange thing padded along on its webbed feet as though alive, and settled down on a flat surface somewhere. But if this was strange, the next part of the vision took me even more by surprise, because I saw dozens of people arriving at the duck, and it was only then that I realised how large it was. It must have been all of forty feet tall! The people were excited about the coming of the duck, and some of those who were braver than the rest even went up to it and touched it. One of them licked his fingers and the taste was sweet. Breaking a fragment from the surface he ate it, and jumped for joy. Others gained confidence and followed his example until they were all delirious with excitement. I saw them singing, dancing, throwing up their hands in the air, and embracing each other. The festive atmosphere was its own advertisement. People arrived in droves, pushing and shoving, and climbing over the duck with the aid of ladders in an effort to obtain a handful of icing sugar and join in the fun.

This continued for some time until one man gave a very loud shout, which brought everything to a halt. They saw him pointing to a hole that had appeared in the icing sugar. It was therefore not solid as they had originally thought. No one had imagined the sugar icing might give out sooner or later. After this, caution was exercised in the eating. Everyone agreed to ration what was left. But they found to their joy that even the smallest taste produced the same effects as a handful, and they wished they had learned this lesson earlier. In the process of time many more holes appeared. Some tried looking inside the duck, but all was pitch dark. Nothing could be seen. Gradually the duck became wafer thin. All of a sudden the crash came as the remainder of the duck disintegrated in a cloud of very fine dust. The crowd became silent, waiting and watching.

It took a while for the dust to settle, and then I had a shock. Inside the duck there was a terrible black beast about forty feet long, in shape like a scorpion with bulbous green eyes. It also had wings similar to those of a dragonfly. I fully expected the crowd to disperse at great speed, but instead they became delirious with excitement once again, and accepted the beast as their accredited leader. If anything, the excitement became greater than before. At this point the vision changed, and I saw the hand once again. It was outstretched with some white pills on the palm. A small number of people were arriving to receive one, which they ate. The result showed on their faces as an inner sense of peace and tranquillity. And then the two visions merged. Once again I saw people taking the icing sugar from the duck and jumping about in excitement. The group fromthe second vision were approaching, and mingling with the crowd, warning them, "Don't eat it! It's dangerous!" But there was very little response. Some shouted at them, "Go away, you prophets of doom! Don't tell us that YOU have the Spirit of the Lord. Where is your joy?" Disheartened they eventually wandered away, feeling a dull ache in the pits of their stomachs.

Later on, when I had made a record of the vision, the Lord spoke to me, and I wrote down the message, as follows:-

"The hand that formed the bitter pill fashioned also the duck. This is my work, and by it my name will be magnified. Twenty centuries of progress has not changed the nature of man, and neither has it changed mine, says the Lord. My Son is the Way, the Truth and the Life. All those who reject the bitter pill of the cross will find themselves prey to the lie. I will send them strong delusion, and they will believe it and rejoice in it because their hearts are not set upon the Way. They will accept falsehood in a season of careless security, indulging in spiritual flirtation with powers of darkness dressed up in acceptable guise. They longed for sweet things and I gave them sugar, but it was not in tune with my heart, says the Lord. And each bite of the duck they take, so grows the beast within. And each bite of the duck they take, so blind they become to the truth. And then, when antifaith has done its final work the beast is revealed to the world, enthroned within the temple of God, blasphemously parading divine nature. Mark well my words, says the Lord, there is but one great sign for this world, one marvel, one miracle of challenge that I will accept, and it is the sign of the prophet Jonah. And those who take the bitter pill shall find loneliness, derision and sorrow. And they shall walk the way of their Master, learning of His sorrows, sharing His suffering, conforming to His death. But I shall raise them to life, life on a higher plane, and they shall take my message to the nations. This is my sign, and this shall be their reward. All other ways, however right they may appear to man, shall be disallowed in my sight, says the Lord. And those who eat the duck shall refuse this glory when it is revealed for it shall be folly to them. Choose therefore whilst it is still possible, choose the salt and reject the sugar, says the Lord, for the time is now short."

I should like to display a brief snatch from another vision, one which my wife received in June 1969. She saw a dam across a narrow ravine, and behind the dam there was to start with just a small trickle of water, but over a lengthy period of time the water rose to produce a large lake, and eventually filled the ravine to the top of the dam. At this stage, the dam burst, and the waters flowed out, bright and iridescent, into the valley beyond. The Lord gave the interpretation. The water represented the faith of His people. And the effect of faith was twofold. Firstly, the faith had an effect in the believer's life and his walk. But secondly, the faith had another effect, which was not appreciated by the believer at all. In heavenly places, each act of faith was like the water behind the dam. God was preparing for a yet future day when, in His Kingdom, He could liberate the combined effect of all the faith of His elect, and it would flow out to a needy world. I believe the two visions are essentially the same in their interpretation. But the dam refers to God's work, whereas the duck refers to the counterfeit work.

The people who ate the pills - These have fed on the true word, and have seen the nature of the evil. They pray for the others, and whenever occasion arises, they approach them and warn them, but usually to no avail. Hence the sweetness in the mouth gave way to bitterness of soul at the outcome of their endeavours.

The Lord's hand - Some might be upset when they realise the Lord was the One who designed the duck. But it must be remembered that in olden days, after King Saul's disobedience, the Lord withdrew His Spirit from him, and gave him an evil spirit instead. In each of these cases, the Lord takes full responsibility for what happens, even though Satan was the donor of Saul's evil spirit, as he is also the architect of the duck.

Those who tried to warn the people of the dangers they were facing, only received reviling comments. "Where is your joy?" they asked. But how can you approach such people with a smile, when your task is to warn them of danger? They were drunk with the wine of intoxication, produced by the effects of eating the sugary sweet words of the false prophet, and enjoying the effects.

The Holy Spirit's ministry to believers is essentially towards their re-creation in the Lord's own image. But in these days, at the latter end of the twentieth century, vast numbers of believers look to the Holy Spirit for power, signs and wonders, which instead of crucifying the flesh, tend to feed it. Oh how easy it is to be captivated by all the manifestations of supernatural power today. Many Christians go "conference hopping" in the hope of being present at yet another occasion of "blessing", where they can witness all manner of effects, not just by the preacher and those called to the front, but throughout the auditorium. If believers persist in praying to the Holy Spirit for signs and manifestations, the Holy Spirit cannot answer. It is contrary to the purpose for which the Spirit has come. But there is always "another" who "comes in his own name", and "him you will hear." The crucial decision must be made. Is the flesh being fed, or crucified?

The Lord spoke to my wife some years ago saying, "In these days treat the miraculous very lightly. Look rather to the LIVES of those who profess to have spiritual powers." We have found it a most valuable word.

It is amazing how hard one may become when striving constantly for "power". But those who are striving for mastery (lawfully), "walk in the Spirit and have no confidence in the flesh." All such are progressively broken on the Rock which is Christ, and in brokenness they learn to be gentle, even when acting as salt.

Two final words. First of all, over the years since 1986, when we first started publishing The Prophetic Telegraph, we have frequently warned our readers about these growing tendencies within the charismatic movement. But lest any should think that we doctrinally reject manifestations of God's Holy Spirit in these end days, our testimony is that my wife and I received the baptism of the Spirit in 1967, and have used the gift of speaking in tongues in our private prayer lives ever since. We have also been God's instruments in areas of deliverance ministry, healing, and in receiving visions and revelations from the Lord.

Normally we should not wish to advertise this fact, but it seems necessary to say so at this juncture to avoid being misunderstood.

And secondly, over this period of time we have certainly been too strident and even harsh in our advertisement of the words of warning given to us. The Lord has graciously revealed these areas t us, (mainly myself), and where necessary letters of apology have been dispatched. It is good therefore to reveal this publicly now. My sincere prayer and desire for all those who are being sucked in to this present hyped up atmosphere of spiritual worship, is that the Holy Spirit will bring them through to a stable ground where they can appreciate the "way of the cross" that Jesus taught. I have no antagonism towards any of God's people, no matter what their persuasion is. If God has saved them through the precious blood of His own beloved Son, then they are my brothers and sisters in Christ. May God teach me how to love, and yet retain integrity based upon the revelation granted, until the end come.

YES YES AMEN!!!

Jeffrey Stewart

Posted: 04/21/2010 at 3:48pm | IP Logged Quote Jeffrey Stewart

Suffering "with Him means rejection, derision, mockery, being misunderstood, even in some cases physical torture may be involved in some countries.   I don't think you'll hear the mega-church preachers talking on TV about that subject.

Edited by Jeffrey Stewart on 04/21/2010 at 3:48pm

The secret of great faith is being fully convinced of His great faithfulness to keep His Word.
View Jeffrey Stewart's Profile Search for other posts by Jeffrey Stewart Visit Jeffrey Stewart's Homepage
Stacey Yerian
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Posted: 04/22/2010 at 9:51am | IP Logged Quote Stacey Yerian

Yes and Amen.  I believe this word is of the Lord. 

Not trying to get off track here but the posting of this vision from 1974 is timely (within a week) of receiving a health alert via email entitled "Sweet Poison" regarding the dangers of Aspartame marked as Nutrasweet, Equal and Spoonful and its link to false diagnoses' of systemic Lupus, Multiple sclerosis, links to Tinnitus, Fibromyalgia, Gulf War Syndrome, and several other maladies.  

Just a little sign in the natural to confirm the Word. 

FYI - When the temperature of aspartame is heated above 85 degrees, the wood alcohol converts to Formaldyhde and then formic acid which causes metablic acidosis.  Aspartame was made and pattened by Monsanto.  Attempts by congress to pass a bill labeling products with this ingreident were killed.  A congressional hearing on the matter resulted in no action due to the connections with health industry lobbyists. 

View Stacey Yerian's Profile Search for other posts by Stacey Yerian
JerilynCapaccio

Posted: 04/22/2010 at 11:25am | IP Logged Quote JerilynCapaccio

Quote:

Amen!

Heather

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version