Mormon Temple

VOICE OF PROPHECY - Prophetic Words
OpenHeaven.com Forum : VOICE OF PROPHECY - Prophetic Words
Subject Topic: Press into Glory by Rick Cruz Torres Post Reply Post New Topic
Author
Jeffrey Stewart

Online Status: Offline
Posted: 08/19/2010 at 10:41am | IP Logged Quote Jeffrey Stewart

“All who love me will do what I say. My Father will love them, and we will come and make our home with each of them. Anyone who does not love me will not obey me. And remember, my words are not my own. What I am telling you is from the Father who sent me."
~Jesus Of Nazareth

Many say, "I'm doing the best I can. He knows my heart. Nobody is perfect."

Many say, "I can't hear Him. He just doesn't talk to me. Prayer is boring because nothing happens."

Many say, "How is it possible to obey Jesus, while still in these bodies?"

Many say, "When we go to heaven we'll be able to obey Him; here on earth He knows we can't...that's why He died for us...right?"

Many say, "Oh, thank God for His grace. This destructive habit or that wrong way of treating people...He's working with me to change these things. He'll work it out."

Many say, "When we go to heaven, then all of His power will be in us to make us holy and obedient. Wheeew, what a relief! It's just too hard down here on this wicked earth."

Many say, "If I can just hang on by being a good person...you know, going to church, paying my tithes, and I'm not really sinning... it's not like I'm actually sleeping with a "real person"...they're just images. It's all pretend, you know, fantasy. God would stop me if He had a real problem with it."

Since you have been raised to new life with Christ, set your sights on the realities of heaven, where Christ sits in the place of honor at God’s right hand. Think about the things of heaven, not the things of earth. For you died to this life, and your real life is hidden with Christ in God. And when Christ, who is your life, is revealed to the whole world, you will share in all his glory.

So put to death the sinful, earthly things lurking within you. Have nothing to do with sexual immorality, impurity, lust, and evil desires. Don’t be greedy, for a greedy person is an idolater, worshiping the things of this world. Because of these sins, the anger of God is coming. You used to do these things when your life was still part of this world. But now is the time to get rid of anger, rage, malicious behavior, slander, and dirty language. Don’t lie to each other, for you have stripped off your old sinful nature and all its wicked deeds. Put on your new nature, and be renewed as you learn to know your Creator and become like him. In this new life, it doesn’t matter if you are a Jew or a Gentile, circumcised or uncircumcised, barbaric, uncivilized, slave, or free. Christ is all that matters, and he lives in all of us.

Since God chose you to be the holy people he loves, you must clothe yourselves with tenderhearted mercy, kindness, humility, gentleness, and patience. Make allowance for each other’s faults, and forgive anyone who offends you. Remember, the Lord forgave you, so you must forgive others. Above all, clothe yourselves with love, which binds us all together in perfect harmony. And let the peace that comes from Christ rule in your hearts. For as members of one body you are called to live in peace. And always be thankful.

Let the message about Christ, in all its richness, fill your lives. Teach and counsel each other with all the wisdom he gives. Sing psalms and hymns and spiritual songs to God with thankful hearts. And whatever you do or say, do it as a representative of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks through him to God the Father.
(Colossians 3:1-17)

The pop culture church of today is cold, powerless, and dead.

If you are one of the remnant, living a life of fiery love in this hour of apostasy, with the Fruit of the Spirit to balance the Gifts of the Spirit...then this message will not offend you. These words will confirm the burning desire of your heart; to prepare for the Lord Jesus everything He died for.

The western church's version of hope is not true Hope.

The western church's version of joy is not true Joy.

The western church's version of authority is not true Authority.

The western church's version of peace is not true Peace.

The western church's version of love is not true Love.

The western church's version of holiness is not true Holiness.

The western church's version of freedom is not true Freedom.

The western church's version of power is not true Power.

The western church's version of prayer is not true Prayer.

The western church's version of humility is not true Humility.

The western church's version of wisdom is not true Wisdom.

The western church's version of mercy is not true Mercy.

The western church's version of grace is not true Grace.

The western church's version of truth is not Truth.

The western church's version of God is not God at all.

What has been accepted, in this hour, as the "life of the believer" is but a cheap counterfeit. The false gospel of today is preached with the power of demons; designed to deceive the proud hearer and lead them into delusion and disillusion.

The delusion is that one may somehow be a "friend of God" while still compromising with sin. The disillusionment, is that which accompanies unanswered prayers and a powerless, loveless faith in a God who seems aloof and beyond reach.

If one should happen to break through the gilded ceiling of religion and discard the stale crust produced by "having the form of godliness while denying the power thereof", those well meaning brethren which will quickly surround ( at least initially) such a bright light, will set about teaching, rebuking and exhorting the blazing heart with wise sounding statements like "don't get out of balance", "make sure you're not too extreme now", and "yeah, sure I've experienced what you're feeling right now...I felt that same way many years ago."

Should the fiery heart of renewed love and gratitude escape these well intended traps, the ensuing, unexpected loneliness and rejection are almost sure to derail the believer into the dark forest of doubt and second guessing. It is in this place of gnawing uncertainty that a decision must be made. Press on through the dark and cold of being misunderstood, ridiculed and mocked, or return to the bright, albeit artificial light and warmth of friendlier, more familiar places.

"Just a little bit further"....a whispered Entreaty. The glimpse of Perfection beckons. This darkened place is no forest at all, but a garden. And these trees bear olives. Tears as great shining drops of blood...crimson beauty splashing sweat upon trembling feet. Press...the oil will come, fragrant and full of life. Press....there is no other way. Jesus marked the way. Jesus is the Way. The narrow gate to wide open places of exhilarating freedom and stunning beauty. No dim light of religion found here. Only the radiant light from His face. No dusty lies about God's inability. Only the vibrant life of conquered impossibility. No cold dead traditions of Heaven's supposed unwillingness. Only the unspeakable glory.

Glory...

Jesus.

Oh, Wonderful, Beautiful Jesus...

Glory.

I want them to be encouraged and knit together by strong ties of love. I want them to have complete confidence that they understand God’s mysterious plan, which is Christ himself. In him lie hidden all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge.

I am telling you this so no one will deceive you with well-crafted arguments. For though I am far away from you, my heart is with you. And I rejoice that you are living as you should and that your faith in Christ is strong.

And now, just as you accepted Christ Jesus as your Lord, you must continue to follow him. Let your roots grow down into him, and let your lives be built on him. Then your faith will grow strong in the truth you were taught, and you will overflow with thankfulness.

Don’t let anyone capture you with empty philosophies and high-sounding nonsense that come from human thinking and from the spiritual powers of this world, rather than from Christ. For in Christ lives all the fullness of God in a human body. So you also are complete through your union with Christ, who is the head over every ruler and authority.

When you came to Christ, you were “circumcised,” but not by a physical procedure. Christ performed a spiritual circumcision—the cutting away of your sinful nature. For you were buried with Christ when you were baptized. And with him you were raised to new life because you trusted the mighty power of God, who raised Christ from the dead.

You were dead because of your sins and because your sinful nature was not yet cut away. Then God made you alive with Christ, for he forgave all our sins. He canceled the record of the charges against us and took it away by nailing it to the cross. In this way, he disarmed the spiritual rulers and authorities. He shamed them publicly by his victory over them on the cross.

So don’t let anyone condemn you for what you eat or drink, or for not celebrating certain holy days or new moon ceremonies or Sabbaths. For these rules are only shadows of the reality yet to come. And Christ himself is that reality. Don’t let anyone condemn you by insisting on pious self-denial or the worship of angels, saying they have had visions about these things. Their sinful minds have made them proud, and they are not connected to Christ, the head of the body. For he holds the whole body together with its joints and ligaments, and it grows as God nourishes it.

You have died with Christ, and he has set you free from the spiritual powers of this world. So why do you keep on following the rules of the world, such as, “Don’t handle! Don’t taste! Don’t touch!”? Such rules are mere human teachings about things that deteriorate as we use them. These rules may seem wise because they require strong devotion, pious self-denial, and severe bodily discipline. But they provide no help in conquering a person’s evil desires.
(Colossians 2:2-23)

The secret of great faith is being fully convinced of His great faithfulness to keep His Word.
View Jeffrey Stewart's Profile Search for other posts by Jeffrey Stewart Visit Jeffrey Stewart's Homepage
Charity Miller

Posted: 08/19/2010 at 11:34am | IP Logged Quote Charity Miller

Yes! & Amen

Edited by Charity Miller on 08/19/2010 at 11:36am

View Charity Miller's Profile Search for other posts by Charity Miller
Jeffrey Stewart

Posted: 08/19/2010 at 12:14pm | IP Logged Quote Jeffrey Stewart

Quote:
"Just a little bit further"....a whispered Entreaty. The glimpse of Perfection beckons. This darkened place is no forest at all, but a garden. And these trees bear olives. Tears as great shining drops of blood...crimson beauty splashing sweat upon trembling feet. Press...the oil will come, fragrant and full of life. Press....there is no other way. Jesus marked the way. Jesus is the Way. The narrow gate to wide open places of exhilarating freedom and stunning beauty. No dim light of religion found here. Only the radiant light from His face. No dusty lies about God's inability. Only the vibrant life of conquered impossibility. No cold dead traditions of Heaven's supposed unwillingness. Only the unspeakable glory.

The secret of great faith is being fully convinced of His great faithfulness to keep His Word.
View Jeffrey Stewart's Profile Search for other posts by Jeffrey Stewart Visit Jeffrey Stewart's Homepage
Charity Miller

Posted: 08/19/2010 at 1:05pm | IP Logged Quote Charity Miller

Edited by Charity Miller on 08/19/2010 at 1:16pm

View Charity Miller's Profile Search for other posts by Charity Miller
Jeffrey Stewart

Posted: 08/19/2010 at 2:58pm | IP Logged Quote Jeffrey Stewart

Beautiful!

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version