Mormon Temple

VOICE OF PROPHECY - Prophetic Words
OpenHeaven.com Forum : VOICE OF PROPHECY - Prophetic Words
Subject Topic: Moving from "At Bay" to Breaking Out! Post Reply Post New Topic
Author
David Whitehill

Online Status: Offline
Posted: 10/13/2010 at 2:40pm | IP Logged Quote David Whitehill

I've been receiving many athletic parables in dreams recently and want to share some and what I believe the Lord is saying. Some have to do with my own personal struggles, but believe they will help others . . . . Please feel free to help me with interpretations if you want . . .

1) A couple years ago during the 2008 Summer Olympics in China I had a dream of a swim race in an Olympic-like stadium. The stadium was filled with the fans of the god of this world. They were cheering because their swimmer was narrowly ahead. I was in a press box with others behind a glass window high up in the stadium. I held in my hand a push button timer that would effect the time of the “Christian” swimmer. Just as the Christian swimmer hit, or nearly hit the wall, I pushed the timer button. The scoreboard showed a tie! Then the fans, after a while, started to boo because they thought their swimmer should have won, and somehow they knew I had effected the score. So their swimmer challenged me to a race. Now, in this race, just before the finish . . . I looked back . . .

Interpretation:

Christians have been keeping an even score with the enemy through intercession. Preventing many terrorist attacks through intercession but occasionally “looking back” which has allowed the enemy entrance. (Perhaps more specifically preventing a terrorist attack at the Olympic Games at China through prayers yet allowing the current president to be elected?) But this is actually a lesson for us to learn in this final hour. As we set out wholeheartedly to run this great concluding race, we are to NEVER LOOK BACK!

2) A couple months ago I had a dream of a baseball game in a large stadium. The game was tied at 2-2 and it was the beginning of the top of the 9th inning and the Christians were at bat! But this time things were different! There were many hits and a couple home runs until the score was 7-2! Then the game proceeded into the bottom of the ninth. There was great peace and joy as if we had won . . . (although we still needed to defend the last half of the inning)

Interpretation:

Some may have already played out the top of the ninth and their reward follows. While others are just beginning their part in the top of the ninth inning. We have kept a tie score with the enemy long enough! It is our job NOW to hit singles, home runs and doubles . . . and to bring in the great reward for the Lamb! A bride prepared and adorned for her husband out of every nation of the earth! We will have great peace and joy (and many I believe will be raptured) and the Lord will help us defend against the enemy during the last days.

3) A few months ago I dreamed of a football team dressed in full pads with jerseys colored dark purple and with numbers on them. They were warming up. I was throwing a football back and forth with someone at a distance.

Interpretation:

We have been in a season of warming up by sharing words via email etc. but I believe the last, final great game that will decide all is beginning NOW! We need to learn to work together now in the gifting God has given us, so together, we can win this game . . .

4) Three nights ago, I dreamed of playing in the tail end of a hockey game in an arena. There was tremendous energy, intensity and exhilaration in the game. At one point, someone scored a goal. The game continued, but a little later the defense for the other team let up slightly and the puck came to me and I quickly swung the stick for a goal into the net, but actually the buzzer had already sounded, I just didn't know it. Nevertheless, I could see by peripheral vision the legs of many fans cheering. These were Christian fans this time! The game was over and the Christians won!

Interpretation:

We need to be so consumed in our task God gives us that we will cross the finish line running! But also I believe God spoke to my Spirit and said, “The hour is late, what you do, do quickly!”

5) I dreamed two nights ago of flying, but not just myself, but with others, as if we were a flock of birds that stayed in formation as we moved to the left or to the right. However, knowing that there were others flying with me made me think, “Can we do this?” and made me feel heavy and we slowly started to descend downward.

Interpretation:

We need to have faith for flying high together in the Spirit in one accord. Do not doubt as Peter did . . . believe that others can soar WITH YOU and take them to great heights!

6) I had a dream two mornings ago of being on the other side of the finish line of the “Bay to Breakers” race. There were anywhere between 30 to 200 people who had already crossed the finish line. I could sense the energy and excitement of those running and finishing the race. As I looked out at a slight distance, I could see many people running with LONG strides on a cement walkway that came off from the land and spanned across the still water. The water was incredibly still for the ocean. And the walkway (or should I say runway) was practically the same level as the water. The runway came across the water, then made a 90 degree turn and came toward the cement island that we were standing on, also at nearly water level. One person said, after having finished the race, to the effect, “I wonder why I am not able to place higher than last year?”

Interpretation:

The “Bay to Breakers” is a 12 km (7.46 mi) race that runs from the San Francisco Bay to the Pacific Ocean with an average of 70,000 to 80,000 participants every year. This symbolizes the great Christian race we are all embarked on. I believe some have already crossed the finish line who have run hard and fast for Him. But by comparison, there is a GREAT HARVEST of souls that follow after and we must all be ready to reap and also run fast and hard for Him . . . . However we must first move from being “at bay” in our Christian life to “breaking out” in full stride for the goal God has set before us. The abundance of still water symbolizes the great peace in our heart the Holy Spirit gives us as we run the race with passion. God will make our life around us extraordinarily peaceful (or at least in our heart) as we seek Him first and excel for Him. We are not to strive in the flesh. The closeness of the water level to the runway level gave the idea of running on the same level with the Holy Spirit. These runners have learned to run with the Holy Spirit in every area of life.  But also I couldn't help but think perhaps they are running like on water. That they excel by faith and run in places and ways deemed impossible by man! They have learned to run out the verse, “All things are possible with God!” The phrase, “I wonder why I am not able to place higher than last year?” speaks to me of God leveling the playing field after we cross the finish line. No one is better than another and all receive the same reward (at least in one sense). No matter if you have just started the race or have been running for years. See Matthew 20 . . . they all received a denarius for their days work, even those that started at the eleventh hour. We are in a race and God is encouraging us to GET IN EVEN IF THE HOUR IS LATE! The reward is great! We are not in competition with each other but we can, and do, spur one another on to the goal of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus!

1 Corinthians 9:24-27 WEB (24) Don’t you know that those who run in a race all run, but one receives the prize? Run like that, that you may win. (25) Every man who strives in the games exercises self-control in all things. Now they do it to receive a corruptible crown, but we an incorruptible. (26) I therefore run like that, as not uncertainly. I fight like that, as not beating the air, (27) but I beat my body and bring it into submission, lest by any means, after I have preached to others, I myself should be rejected.

Matthew 20:1-16 WEB “For the Kingdom of Heaven is like a man who was the master of a household, who went out early in the morning to hire laborers for his vineyard. (2) When he had agreed with the laborers for a denarius a day, he sent them into his vineyard. (3) He went out about the third hour, and saw others standing idle in the marketplace. (4) To them he said, ‘You also go into the vineyard, and whatever is right I will give you.’ So they went their way. (5) Again he went out about the sixth and the ninth hour, and did likewise. (6) About the eleventh hour he went out, and found others standing idle. He said to them, ‘Why do you stand here all day idle?’ (7) “They said to him, ‘Because no one has hired us.’“He said to them, ‘You also go into the vineyard, and you will receive whatever is right.’ (8) When evening had come, the lord of the vineyard said to his manager, ‘Call the laborers and pay them their wages, beginning from the last to the first.’ (9) “When those who were hired at about the eleventh hour came, they each received a denarius. (10) When the first came, they supposed that they would receive more; and they likewise each received a denarius. (11) When they received it, they murmured against the master of the household, (12) saying, ‘These last have spent one hour, and you have made them equal to us, who have borne the burden of the day and the scorching heat!’ (13) “But he answered one of them, ‘Friend, I am doing you no wrong. Didn’t you agree with me for a denarius? (14) Take that which is yours, and go your way. It is my desire to give to this last just as much as to you. (15) Isn’t it lawful for me to do what I want to with what I own? Or is your eye evil, because I am good?’ (16) So the last will be first, and the first last. For many are called, but few are chosen.”

View David Whitehill's Profile Search for other posts by David Whitehill
Dave Spencer

Posted: 10/13/2010 at 4:20pm | IP Logged Quote Dave Spencer

David Whitehill  said,

"(Perhaps more specifically preventing a terrorist attack at the Olympic Games at China through prayers yet allowing the current president to be elected?)"

Linking these two events together is a bit strange to me.  I thought God was a democrat.

"But also I believe God spoke to my Spirit and said, 'The hour is late, what you do, do quickly!' ”

That was originally spoken to Judas!  Probally came from some other spirit than the Holy One.

Dave

View Dave Spencer's Profile Search for other posts by Dave Spencer
David Whitehill

Posted: 10/13/2010 at 4:41pm | IP Logged Quote David Whitehill

Thanks Dave for your comments! I should not have equated those events and apologize for that. 

I understand what you said about 'The hour is late, what you do, do quickly!' I don't think God wants us to be in a hurried rush in the sense that satan rushes us too quickly into decisions etc.

I do believe the hour is late though and God is wanting to wake us up to that fact!  Too many are sleeping!!!  We need to wake up, come before a Holy God, hear His call and GO before it's too late . . .

View David Whitehill's Profile Search for other posts by David Whitehill
Bruce Stingley

Posted: 10/13/2010 at 7:18pm | IP Logged Quote Bruce Stingley

D. S., God's not a Democrat or Republican.

He's a benevolent dictator. His Word is final, unless of course someone intercedes. Ha!

Glory!

View Bruce Stingley's Profile Search for other posts by Bruce Stingley
Dave Spencer

Posted: 10/14/2010 at 8:15am | IP Logged Quote Dave Spencer

Wow!!!

A prophet who's not afraid to apologize, even for a little thing.

And another who knows how to laugh while preaching.

You two have ministered God's Shalom when I really needed it!

Peace that passes way beyond what we can hope for or imagine.

Blessings to you both in the Name of Christ Jesus,
Dave

View Dave Spencer's Profile Search for other posts by Dave Spencer

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version