OpenHeaven.com Forum : VOICE OF PROPHECY - Prophetic Words
Subject Topic: THE GOODNESS AND SEVERITY OF GOD Post Reply Post New Topic
Author
Kriston Couchey

Online Status: Offline
Posted: 10/19/2010 at 11:15pm | IP Logged Quote Kriston Couchey

THE GOODNESS AND SEVERITY OF GOD
Kriston Couchey

Those who have responded in faith to the goodness of God are at a place of discovering the great unsearchable riches of Father's love and mercy.  For we have found NO condemnation IN Christ Jesus. In Christ we are free, we are accepted, and we have no fear. Under the shadow of His wings it is hard to fathom our Father bringing judgment or expressing wrath. In this hour The King is coming to take control of His Church. He comes to separate the tares from the wheat. He comes as a refiners fire. The fire of His purifying love judges wickedness. It begins in His house. Romans 11:22 Behold therefore the goodness and severity of God: on them which fell, severity; but toward you, goodness, if you continue in His goodness...

GOD IS GOOD
And Jesus said to him, "Why do you call me good? there is none good but one, that is, God." (Mark 10:18)
God is good. He is VERY good! A friend of mine the other day said to me, "What is good?" We assume we know what good is as we try to understand it from a human perspective. But, the only true definition for good is: God! Goodness is understood to the extent we are able to comprehend who God is in His fullness. The reality? You and I are limited in our capacity to know fully all there is to know about our God because of the limitations of our flesh.

In Jesus Christ, Father revealed His great goodness and heart of mercy to mankind. And yet, Scripture also says of Jesus Christ: You love righteousness, and hate wickedness: therefore God, your God, has anointed you with the oil of gladness above your fellows. Another aspect of God's character as revealed in Christ is this: God HATES wickedness! God hates the defilement of His people by wickedness. His coming in this hour to inhabit His people will bring great joy to those that are found IN Him, but He also brings judgment to those that claim the Name of Jesus Christ who defile themselves and others with wickedness. The Lord's coming to his church is bringing a time of deep repentance and the reverent fear of the Lord. We are going to come to know Him in both His goodness and severity.

THE SEVERITY OF GOD
The church is about to get a real life education on the Goodness and Severity of God. Father is NOT incapable of wrath (anger) towards wickedness today. Father allowed me to experience a taste of His tangible wrath a couple of times. One time while leading worship the anger of God surrounded me and was directed at the congregation. He was angry at those who would not listen to His voice and do His will. Like Moses, I began crying out for mercy for people. Another time His wrath was directed toward ME! He let me experience a taste of His wrath that I might know clearly that He does have wrath that is stirred by unbelief and disobedience. Those who say God is incapable of wrath and does not judge wickedness anymore have not tasted His wrath. The testimony of both Old and New Testament scripture is clear regarding God's judgment and wrath towards wickedness. 

For this you know, that no fornicator, nor unclean person, nor covetous man, who is an idolater, has any inheritance in the kingdom of Christ and of God. Let no man deceive you with vain words: for because of these things comes the wrath of God on the children of disobedience.~Paul~ Where has the truth of God's wrath toward disobedience disappeared to in this hour? Why do our doctrine supersede the truth? Because we have made God in OUR OWN IMAGE! We have defined what goodness is by our own limited understanding and have denied the existence of the severity of God.

JUDGMENT AND WRATH ARE EXPRESSIONS OF GOD'S GOODNESS AND SEVERITY
Judgment distinguishes or separates the profane from the sacred. The release of God's wrath removes the profane while the sacred is left intact and cleansed. The sons of God need to understand judgment and wrath. These have love as their motivation. It is His mercy that brings both Judgment and Wrath. These are motivated by Father's love for people, both are necessary working of Father to purify the earth and it's inhabitants and express the nature of who Father is. He loves His beloved Bride so much He will not allow wickedness to remain and defile or abuse her. He will judge between what is righteous and wicked, and loose His wrath on wickedness and those who refuse to repent of it. God is Good, God is Love, God is Holy, Holy, Holy. And the Day of the Lord is at hand!

HIDDEN IN CHRIST
Oh how great is your goodness, which you have laid up for them that fear you; which you have worked for them that trust in you before the sons of men! You shall hide them in the secret of your presence from the pride of man: you shall keep them secretly in a pavilion from the strife of tongues.~David~
There is only one place of refuge and safety in this hour. That place is abiding in Father Himself, having made Him our refuge. Here is God's goodness: those who fully trust Him will not suffer wrath. Those who have forsaken the worlds comforts to find life in His Presence alone will find rest! The places of refuge and security in the world will be shaken and will suffer loss. But, those who find themselves hidden in the Rock will find goodness and mercy in the hour of tribulation. Not only will they receive goodness and mercy, but they will flourish in the hour of trouble.

Father is raising up a people who know how to walk in His love and mercy (goodness)and know how to walk in His judgment and truth (severity). We MUST know both the goodness AND severity of God to truly walk in the fullness of this hour. For God would have His sons express His nature. They must walk in agreement with His judgments and His heart.

In your judgments oh Lord, remember mercy, (and I know that you will...)

In His Love
Kriston Couchey
http://my.opera.com/Boanerges/blog/
kcouchey04@earthlink.net

View Kriston Couchey's Profile Search for other posts by Kriston Couchey
Lyn McSweeney

Posted: 10/19/2010 at 11:46pm | IP Logged Quote Lyn McSweeney

YES KRIS!!! THANK YOU!!

Greg Woolston

Posted: 10/20/2010 at 12:34am | IP Logged Quote Greg Woolston

I HAD A MEETING WITH THE LORD OF HOSTS, HE SHARED ALOT WITH ME, BY HIS GREAT GRACE, I STRUGGLED IN HIS PRESSENCE HE ENABLED ME IN HIS MIGHTY MERCY........HE SAID HE IS TIRED OF EXCUSES AMONG HIS PEOPLE..........HE SAID WHEN THE PRESENCE OF THE FATHER COMES, AND YOU KNOW YOU HAVE GOT IT WRONG, AND IF YOU DO , YOU SURELY SHALL KNOW,..........THE LORD SAID CRY OUT FOR MY MERCY, CRY TO JESUS FOR HIS MERCY,.........HE TOLD ME SMILING......... I CANNOT RESIST THE CRY.I HAVE SUFFERED THE JUDGEMENTS AND RIGHTEOUS INDIGNATION OF GOD, AND IT IS A FEARFUL THING TO FALL INTO THE HANDS OF THE LIVING GOD.

HE IS THE KING OF THE SAINTS (((AND WHO SHALL NOT FEAR HIM)))    WE REALLY DO NOT UNDERSTAND FULLY WHAT IS COMMING, THERE WILL BE DEMONSTRATION OF HIS HOLY PRESCENCE IN A GREATER MANNER THAN WHEN A HUSBAND AND WIFE LIED BEFORE HIM AND DROPPED DEAD IN HIS PRESCENCE.

THANKYOU, FOR YOUR SHARING ON THIS SUBJECT.

BLESS YOU IN HIS GREAT NAME Greg

Edited by Ron McGatlin on 10/20/2010 at 11:48am
View Greg Woolston's Profile Search for other posts by Greg Woolston
Stacey Yerian
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Posted: 10/20/2010 at 6:47am | IP Logged Quote Stacey Yerian

AMEN & AMEN TO ALL WRITTEN HERE!

As I was waking from sleep this morning, the subject of God's hatred of wickeness (and therefore - those who love God) was at the forefront. 

His wrath is kindled.  He is roaring!

Let all who live in the land tremble.  The Day of the Lord is coming!

A DAY like no other!

Blow the trumpet in Zion.  Sound the alarm on His Holy mountain!

LET GOD ARISE!  LET HIS ENEMIES BE SCATTERED!

View Stacey Yerian's Profile Search for other posts by Stacey Yerian
Don Rice

Posted: 10/20/2010 at 10:04am | IP Logged Quote Don Rice

HOLY JESUS!  You are so Holy! Praise Your Holy Name Forever!

How horrible it must be, to fall into the hands of an Angry God! His Holiness is frightening. Lord teach us to pray, and how to stay close to You.

View Don Rice's Profile Search for other posts by Don Rice
Bruce Stingley

Posted: 10/20/2010 at 4:16pm | IP Logged Quote Bruce Stingley

Amen. I have found Jesus to be very personable, vulnerable at times, and enjoys having fun. I have noticed how Father can be very authoritative and direct, yet loving, not demanding, but, shall I say, commanding honor. Honor just "happens" in His presence He is so intense.

Even when He "gets on to me", I love Him.

We need to keep in mind of "Who" the anointing, or power is. It is Holy Spirit, not Jesus. Holy Spirit can be very sensitive and easily driven away. Being sensitive, He can also be very angry, just like Father. If you really want to enjoy Him in greater measure, be aware of what you ask for. You'd better have a holy lifestyle in mind. you really do not want to smell like burnt toast. This is the end-game and He is moving like it is so. Church games are over folks. God is serious now. So let's get a move on, shall we.

Glory!

View Bruce Stingley's Profile Search for other posts by Bruce Stingley
Lyn McSweeney

Posted: 10/21/2010 at 2:26pm | IP Logged Quote Lyn McSweeney

Kriston Couchey wrote:

THE GOODNESS AND SEVERITY OF GOD
Kriston Couchey

Those who have responded in faith to the goodness of God are at a place of discovering the great unsearchable riches of Father's love and mercy.  For we have found NO condemnation IN Christ Jesus. In Christ we are free, we are accepted, and we have no fear. Under the shadow of His wings it is hard to fathom our Father bringing judgment or expressing wrath. In this hour The King is coming to take control of His Church. He comes to separate the tares from the wheat. He comes as a refiners fire. The fire of His purifying love judges wickedness. It begins in His house. Romans 11:22 Behold therefore the goodness and severity of God: on them which fell, severity; but toward you, goodness, if you continue in His goodness...

GOD IS GOOD
And Jesus said to him, "Why do you call me good? there is none good but one, that is, God." (Mark 10:18)
God is good. He is VERY good! A friend of mine the other day said to me, "What is good?" We assume we know what good is as we try to understand it from a human perspective. But, the only true definition for good is: God! Goodness is understood to the extent we are able to comprehend who God is in His fullness. The reality? You and I are limited in our capacity to know fully all there is to know about our God because of the limitations of our flesh.

In Jesus Christ, Father revealed His great goodness and heart of mercy to mankind. And yet, Scripture also says of Jesus Christ: You love righteousness, and hate wickedness: therefore God, your God, has anointed you with the oil of gladness above your fellows. Another aspect of God's character as revealed in Christ is this: God HATES wickedness! God hates the defilement of His people by wickedness. His coming in this hour to inhabit His people will bring great joy to those that are found IN Him, but He also brings judgment to those that claim the Name of Jesus Christ who defile themselves and others with wickedness. The Lord's coming to his church is bringing a time of deep repentance and the reverent fear of the Lord. We are going to come to know Him in both His goodness and severity.

THE SEVERITY OF GOD
The church is about to get a real life education on the Goodness and Severity of God. Father is NOT incapable of wrath (anger) towards wickedness today. Father allowed me to experience a taste of His tangible wrath a couple of times. One time while leading worship the anger of God surrounded me and was directed at the congregation. He was angry at those who would not listen to His voice and do His will. Like Moses, I began crying out for mercy for people. Another time His wrath was directed toward ME! He let me experience a taste of His wrath that I might know clearly that He does have wrath that is stirred by unbelief and disobedience. Those who say God is incapable of wrath and does not judge wickedness anymore have not tasted His wrath. The testimony of both Old and New Testament scripture is clear regarding God's judgment and wrath towards wickedness. 

For this you know, that no fornicator, nor unclean person, nor covetous man, who is an idolater, has any inheritance in the kingdom of Christ and of God. Let no man deceive you with vain words: for because of these things comes the wrath of God on the children of disobedience.~Paul~ Where has the truth of God's wrath toward disobedience disappeared to in this hour? Why do our doctrine supersede the truth? Because we have made God in OUR OWN IMAGE! We have defined what goodness is by our own limited understanding and have denied the existence of the severity of God.

JUDGMENT AND WRATH ARE EXPRESSIONS OF GOD'S GOODNESS AND SEVERITY
Judgment distinguishes or separates the profane from the sacred. The release of God's wrath removes the profane while the sacred is left intact and cleansed. The sons of God need to understand judgment and wrath. These have love as their motivation. It is His mercy that brings both Judgment and Wrath. These are motivated by Father's love for people, both are necessary working of Father to purify the earth and it's inhabitants and express the nature of who Father is. He loves His beloved Bride so much He will not allow wickedness to remain and defile or abuse her. He will judge between what is righteous and wicked, and loose His wrath on wickedness and those who refuse to repent of it. God is Good, God is Love, God is Holy, Holy, Holy. And the Day of the Lord is at hand!

HIDDEN IN CHRIST
Oh how great is your goodness, which you have laid up for them that fear you; which you have worked for them that trust in you before the sons of men! You shall hide them in the secret of your presence from the pride of man: you shall keep them secretly in a pavilion from the strife of tongues.~David~
There is only one place of refuge and safety in this hour. That place is abiding in Father Himself, having made Him our refuge. Here is God's goodness: those who fully trust Him will not suffer wrath. Those who have forsaken the worlds comforts to find life in His Presence alone will find rest! The places of refuge and security in the world will be shaken and will suffer loss. But, those who find themselves hidden in the Rock will find goodness and mercy in the hour of tribulation. Not only will they receive goodness and mercy, but they will flourish in the hour of trouble.

Father is raising up a people who know how to walk in His love and mercy (goodness)and know how to walk in His judgment and truth (severity). We MUST know both the goodness AND severity of God to truly walk in the fullness of this hour. For God would have His sons express His nature. They must walk in agreement with His judgments and His heart.

In your judgments oh Lord, remember mercy, (and I know that you will...)

In His Love
Kriston Couchey
http://my.opera.com/Boanerges/blog/
kcouchey04@earthlink.net

This is a need to read post!!!

THANK YOU KRIS!!!

Katie Hacker

Posted: 10/21/2010 at 4:05pm | IP Logged Quote Katie Hacker

Very good article. Thank you.
View Katie Hacker's Profile Search for other posts by Katie Hacker
Kriston Couchey

Posted: 10/22/2010 at 6:29am | IP Logged Quote Kriston Couchey

I stand fully confident in the completed work of Chrsit on the Cross, there is nothing more to be done to walk in Him but believe, and in believing obey what He speaks. This means even in my weakness and failure I continue to hold to him and trust in His compleed work.

Yes, it IS finished but as scripture CLEARLY speaks "...Provided you continue in His goodness, or you to will be cut off ~Paul~." You see scripture cannot be thrown out to sastisfy our doctrine. It IS finished, provided you believe and continue to do so.

Unbelief is to hear him speak and not believe him by NOT doing His will, because i do not trust him. This is disobedience. All who believe will be saved, and will not suffer God's wrath. Scriputre CLEARLY OVER AND OVER in the NT proclaims the wrath of God IS and will be on the unbelieving and disoedient. So, do i believe a dotrine used out of context, or the Lord's voice to me and scripture that testifies FULLY to it's truth.

Edited by Kriston Couchey on 10/22/2010 at 6:32am

View Kriston Couchey's Profile Search for other posts by Kriston Couchey
Lyn McSweeney

Posted: 11/01/2010 at 11:35am | IP Logged Quote Lyn McSweeney

RE UP!!

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version