Billy Graham's
Message to
America - Video

How I Escaped
the
Mormon Temple

VOICE OF PROPHECY - Prophetic Words
OpenHeaven.com Forum : VOICE OF PROPHECY - Prophetic Words
Subject Topic: God Desires To Set You Free From Rejection! Post Reply Post New Topic
Author
Becky Porter

Online Status: Offline
Posted: 06/08/2011 at 1:12pm | IP Logged Quote Becky Porter

June 8, 2011

God Desires To Set You Free From Rejection!

By Becky Porter

So many people suffer from rejection.  So many people feel inadequate, less than, awkward, or different.  Yet, I have made each person perfect and unique, and each is precious in My sight.  The enemy has duped them into believing a lie about themselves and how others perceive them.  They are lies – I do not want them to receive the garbage he tries to throw their way, for it is just that – garbage!  Many of My people walk around with walls around their hearts – they put their walls up to protect themselves, but often those walls imprison them and keep others out.  So many people do not know how to have deep and meaningful relationships with others, and some of them use humor, anger, or shyness to hide behind and to protect themselves.  If at some point they do decide to put their walls down and reach out to others, if they do not like the response they receive, they perceive it to be rejection and a very painful reminder of why they put their walls up to begin with.  They respond by immediately putting their walls back up, promising themselves they will not take the chance of getting hurt again and they will keep their walls firmly in place.  Some people are unaware that they have walls up and they may simply be shy, and they may feel nervous, self-conscious, and unsure of themselves around others, but sometimes people may perceive those walls as disinterest, unfriendliness, coldness, superiority or arrogance, etc., and it may cause them to feel rejected or put off by that person, thus the other person may retreat into their own shell, and/or put their own walls up.  This kind of thing happens all the times in many different kinds of relationships and on many different levels.   

I desire my people to relate eye-to-eye and heart-to-heart.  No walls, no games – just honesty, humility and openness.  When they feel rejected they need to trust Me and continue to reach out to others as I direct – at some point there will be a mutual connection, and it will be mutually rewarding and satisfying for both parties.  And if they feel offended they need to go to that person and talk to them.  People are really busy these days, and many of them have a lot of stress and pressure weighing on them, and often their lives are out of balance, and often they put their relationships on a back burner, and their friends and loved ones suffer as a result. 

Even when you feel you cannot trust others, trust Me with your heart.  I understand only too well that there are predators out there and people who do not have your best interests at heart.  If you seek Me, I will give you discernment as to whom you can trust and whom you cannot.  There is a way to have healthy boundaries around your heart and life, and to keep the negative out, and still be free to let the good and the positive in.  I do not want you to be bound and crippled by fear, past rejection, or negative experiences, and to miss out on My fullness.  I want you to have very godly friendships and relationships with others - where you can truly be yourself and be whom I have created you to be. 

There is nothing wrong with you – do not receive that lie, or any lie for that matter.  I made you perfect – I gave you a heart of deep compassion and love and caring – you have the capacity to love on a deeper level than you even realize.  I have enlarged your heart and you will find that you have a new love, even for the unlovable – those whom society has overlooked or tossed aside.  I will use the rejection you have experienced to help many others that suffer with the same thing.  Rejection has kept many of My people from truly experiencing the joy and fulfillment that I so long to give them, and at times it has even kept them from fulfilling their destiny.

Arise, My beloved and take My hand,

And together, we will enter My Promised Land.

Don’t look left and don’t look right, but keep your eyes on Me.

I will take those things that have wounded and cut like a knife,

And I will give you fresh revelation and fresh sight.

You will have a greater capacity to love others through Me,

And an anointing to set the captives free.

Trust Me, and together, we will fulfill your destiny.

I have so many wonderful plans for you – plans for good and not for evil – to give you a future and a hope.  I will show you a new way to walk and a new way to live.  I will help you to trust again.  I will give you the meaningful relationships you desire – they will be mutually satisfying.  If you knew the plans I have for you, you would truly be amazed and overjoyed!  Get ready, for we are about to embark on one of the most rewarding journeys of your life!

I am reminded of a song the Lord gave me quite a few years ago:

If you give some fruit away,

Each and every day,

I will give you more,

And I will restore

What the locusts have eaten in your life. 

Fear is not of Me,

And it will have to flee. 

If you step out in My name,

You, and others, will never, ever be the same.

Jeremiah 29:11 NLT

For I know the plans I have for you, says the Lord.  They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope.

Joel 2:25 KJV

And I will restore to you the years that the locust hath eaten, the cankerworm, and the caterpillar, and the palmerworm, my great army which I sent among you.

Isaiah 61:4 KJV

And they shall build the old wastes, they shall raise up the former desolations, and they shall repair the waste cities, the desolations of many generations.

John 8:36 NKJV

Therefore if the Son makes you free, you shall be free indeed.

Becky Porter

lovetoencourage@yahoo.com

View Becky Porter's Profile Search for other posts by Becky Porter
Lyn McSweeney

Posted: 06/08/2011 at 2:51pm | IP Logged Quote Lyn McSweeney

Thank you Becky...

Edited by Lyn McSweeney on 06/08/2011 at 3:30pm

Sarah Ann Dees

Posted: 06/08/2011 at 3:48pm | IP Logged Quote Sarah Ann Dees

When I was 15 I went to a Mother/daughter womens Aglow retreat and a woman with the gift of prophecy gave all the young people a prophecy.  She said that God saw my pain and that He would tear down the shell I had built around my heart.  So, thank you for your words, I am reminded of God's promise and He will not lie, but is already accomplishing what He said He would do.  I just need to quit jumping off the "operating table"!

Becky Porter

Posted: 06/08/2011 at 5:02pm | IP Logged Quote Becky Porter

Lyn McSweeney wrote:
  Thank you Becky...

Hi Lyn,

I am so glad it ministered to you. 

God bless you, my friend!

Becky

Lyn McSweeney

Posted: 06/08/2011 at 5:16pm | IP Logged Quote Lyn McSweeney

(((Becky)))

Becky Porter

Posted: 06/08/2011 at 5:21pm | IP Logged Quote Becky Porter

Sarah Ann Dees wrote:

When I was 15 I went to a Mother/daughter womens Aglow retreat and a woman with the gift of prophecy gave all the young people a prophecy.  She said that God saw my pain and that He would tear down the shell I had built around my heart.  So, thank you for your words, I am reminded of God's promise and He will not lie, but is already accomplishing what He said He would do.  I just need to quit jumping off the "operating table"!

Hi Sarah,

I am thrilled to hear that God reminded you of His precious promise to you!  Yes, He truly will fulfill that which He has promised.  You are not alone - sometimes it is difficult to lie still when you feel the pain of the Surgeon's knife, but it is like the lancing of a boil - He needs to make the cut to remove the poisons and toxins that lie beneath.  I praise God that He is helping you  through your healing process.  He will give you beauty for ashes, the oil of joy for mourning, and the garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness, and He will use you to set the captives free!

Much love,

Becky

Isaiah 61:1-3 NIV
The Year of the LORD’s Favor

The Spirit of the Sovereign LORD is on me, because the LORD has anointed me to proclaim good news to the poor.  He has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim freedom for the captives and release from darkness for the prisoners, to proclaim the year of the LORD’s favor and the day of vengeance of our God, to comfort all who mourn, and provide for those who grieve in Zion— to bestow on them a crown of beauty instead of ashes, the oil of joy instead of mourning, and a garment of praise instead of a spirit of despair. They will be called oaks of righteousness, a planting of the LORD for the display of his splendor.

Michele Hay

Posted: 06/09/2011 at 6:28am | IP Logged Quote Michele Hay

Sarah Ann Dees

Posted: 06/09/2011 at 3:35pm | IP Logged Quote Sarah Ann Dees

Thank you, Becky!

lisa owens

Posted: 06/15/2011 at 7:28pm | IP Logged Quote lisa owens

Everyone rejects people and everyone gets rejected by people. Why get offended that someone rejected you when you have rejected people horribly too? Thats How I see it.
View lisa owens's Profile Search for other posts by lisa owens
Gayle Getz

Posted: 06/15/2011 at 9:06pm | IP Logged Quote Gayle Getz

I found out I had to get into the Word and let the Word get into me, especially in the area of rejection...the one Word I have meditated & spoken to myself for ions(so it seems) is, ",,,my love keeps no record of wrongs,,," On another side of rejection is with young people...  I dont know of a young person that is not coming head-on with rejection...it is this lying deceiving spirit that drives thousands of young people to the 'glitter & glow' of gangs~I do pray Holy Spirit hover over every young person and pour out Your mercy and Your grace over & into each one's heart this very moment,,,TY FATHER FOR TRULY, YOU, FATHER GOD ARE ANYONE'S & EVERYONE"S ANSWER FOR FREEDOM FROM REJECTION.

Edited by Gayle Getz on 06/15/2011 at 9:11pm

Sarah Ann Dees

Posted: 06/15/2011 at 9:07pm | IP Logged Quote Sarah Ann Dees

Lisa,

That is an over simplification.  Everyone gets angry, but not everyone expresses their anger in harmful ways.  Some people, have been abusively rejected as children..and it most often sets up a pattern of painful rejection that is worse than any physical pain.  Our Lord Jesus Christ knew rejection and they called Him a Man of sorrows.  If, He, Our Lord, felt sorrows over rejection how much more so should we..mere humans. 

Some people are careful in their interactions with others and try not to injure and make amends when they do.  It is a narrow road..the road to life..and few find it.  We can, with God's help, be some of the few

lisa owens

Posted: 06/16/2011 at 7:21am | IP Logged Quote lisa owens

Yes, that is an over siplified answer wasnt it? I guess it comes in all forms,one of the ways as in what Gayle was speaking of. I dont know anyone who hasnt suffered form rejection. That is why I plead with the lord to deal with them regection issues in my life and I fight against the effects of it because it is so poular-- and everytime I turn around someone is crying becasue of rejection. i understand how they feel though... but there comes a time when you wake up and say thats enough! If the whole world is damaged by rejection someone has to overcome it,it midas well be me...  and yes, like Jesus one may be aquainted with grief, a man or woman of sorrows but it doesnt stop them from being effective at loving people, it didnt make Jesus run from people. Jesus stood up to them when they were calling him devil, He didnt run from them and cry. Its not that he wasnt rejected, he overcame rejection. i think its about overcomming regection rather than being delivered from it.

If you accept people as they are with all their flaws, walls and and the tools they use to keep them up then that is showing the love of God. Not everyone wants to reveal themselves to you, not every one want to give you more of themselve and thats fine. I think it takes the wisdom of God to be able to communicate to someone your desire for more of them-- at the same time giving them the freedom to choose their own pace and how much they want to give of themselves without feeling pressure or judgment. Love is patient. People need to feel safe enough to reveal themselves. People dont reveal themselves becasue they dont feel safe. Just like the book 5 love languages:  you must find out what is effective with people. If you could say or do just the right thing guaranteed to make someone feel loved: the secret is learning the right love language for that person becasue everyone respond diferently to different things.  

Edited by lisa owens on 06/16/2011 at 9:46am
Alexa T Heyns

Posted: 06/16/2011 at 9:57am | IP Logged Quote Alexa T Heyns

Lisa, I'm sorry but I just don't agree with you. Yes we reject others, out of our hurt, out of sheer thoughtlessness and sometimes completely unknowingingly because their own issues interpret our words or actions wrongly. However rejection is not just something you have to 'overcome'. You don't just wake up one morning and say that's enough. Rejection is so insidious that it needs God to heal the wounds caused by it. The pain of rejection keeps you from receiving from others, it keeps you from receiving from God, it prevents you from trusting any one, including God because even if you 'man up' and 'overcome' it, the pain isn't gone. The hurt isn't gone. All you have done is learn how to cope with it and bury it a little better. This is not healing. Its coping. Healing is when God reaches deep down inside and says 'I won't reject you'; 'I will never leave you nor forsake you'; 'Nothing can remove you from My hand', 'You are My Beloved and I loved you so much that I died for you, so how can I ever reject you?' and those words and complete acceptance and love change that deep deep wound in your innermost being and the poison of rejection is finally removed from you. Then you are healed of rejection.

Its not by our self effort that we are healed but by the power of God working in us. Otherwise its just coping mechanisms.
View Alexa T Heyns's Profile Search for other posts by Alexa T Heyns
Kathy Bippus

Posted: 06/16/2011 at 12:02pm | IP Logged Quote Kathy Bippus

good counsel Alexa, He takes us into His Life of Forgiveness. we don't wrestle against flesh and blood but principalities, wickedness in high places, etc. it is sin that gives these the right of way in ones life. I'll just use this as one example of many: a person was abused, abandoned when young or a child. that child did nothing to receive such offense/harm but sin at work within the parent/s or whosoever, is the destroyer, the killer, the stealer. so we're able to separate the sin from the person and forgive the person of their sin against. His Life by and through Holy Spirit is released to heal, make whole. we are no longer moved by people whether in word or deed, sin, nor any demonic activity which has access through sin. we are not moved by the approval or disapproval of man. we live, have our being and are moved in His Life, His thoughts, His ways. the process may feel as though one is being crucified..that's because sinful flesh is( we take up our cross and follow Him) but what comesforth is newness, an abundance of Life. and His Life, we know is filled full of righteousness, joy and peace.

Jesus said, which is easier to say to the sick of the palsy, your sins be forgiven you; or to say, arise take up your bed and walk? but that you may know that the Son of Man has power on earth to forgive sins, I say unto you, arise, take up your bed, and go your way into your house. and immediately he arose, took up the bed, and went forth before them all.."

~whatsoever you bind on earth will be bound in heaven: and whatsoever you loose on earth will be loosed in heaven~

View Kathy Bippus's Profile Search for other posts by Kathy Bippus
lisa owens

Posted: 06/16/2011 at 4:27pm | IP Logged Quote lisa owens

Nobody wants to be healed from rejection. All people want to do is talk about it whine and cry whine and cry. people need to learn to suffer with christ becase im tired of sad stories every single day. when God sends people into the life of a rejected person to help with reconciliation, sometime the rejected person rejects and the person sent may leave-- because after all God encourages us to love but allows us the free will to choose our relationship reponses. if a person is constantly blowing up at me everyday becasue they have rejection issues, then you want me to sit there and take a beating in the name of love--Man you must be crazy like that glue cause im leaving.

just like when jesus said one of you will betray me and peter said is it I? Thats me! Dont look at me like im your savior cause i will surely fail you, dont have all these expectation of me: will i love you always, be consistant ,never offend you. Im like peter, is it I? I just might be the one to do that. Call me what ever but i dont put up with everybody mess  and everybody dont wanna deal with yours. thats why you have to deal with your own mess becasue nobody want it.

The same with me, i have to be aware of how i react when i feel rejected because if i constantly react the wrong way the person sent can shut down or totally give up on you. people do give up on you you know. then you look back and see how your unhealed wounds you never dealt with but were given too many oportunities to deal with has caused hinderances in your relationship growth. that is why people are lonely. rejected people think it all about them. im so rejected please be gentle, i had a horrible child hood. who hasnt?. And then they expect so much and take everything personal. A lot of them refuse to be healed. when you see how many people walk away from you and the people whom you really wanted to grow with,  you lose because of you, thats when you say thats it im dealing with this issue Lord! Thats how it is with me i dont know about nobody else. and the word does the work of course. but you have to put in the time and energy and excersize it out on a daily basis.

other than that i gree with what every one else said: Kathy and Alexa. This is just how I see it, not right or wrong

Edited by lisa owens on 06/16/2011 at 4:39pm
Kathy Bippus

Posted: 06/16/2011 at 5:27pm | IP Logged Quote Kathy Bippus

i hear ya Lisa, one thing that is primary in all things, is being led of Holy Spirit. and yes, there is a time to walk away and even in that it is His Spirit leading. He gives us wisdom, knoweldge and understanding. Christ Jesus and His Kingdom is our first Love/love, all else is secondary. meaning, all else will align in its proper place and Real Love/love will flow one to another. when we put whatever else, people or things, etc. as a primary love for, there is given place for all kinds of tribulation which He never intended for us. and there is enough tribulation/trouble for the day in itself without our adding to it ..in our not being led of Holy Spirit.

the Lord bless you, : )

lisa owens

Posted: 06/17/2011 at 7:20am | IP Logged Quote lisa owens

YUP! I Totally Agree Kathy. That summed it up
Alexa T Heyns

Posted: 06/17/2011 at 10:24am | IP Logged Quote Alexa T Heyns

Lisa, I have had your words on my mind in the last however many how many hours since you posted. It seems to me that you are operating from a place of great hurt and a little lack of understanding. Not to mention a soupçon of a lack of compassion.

You sound very hurt, angry and intolerant when you say that 'ppl don't want to be healed and all they want to is whine'. To be honest that is not my experience at all. People desperately do want the pain to end but they don't believe it will or can be healed and are afraid sometimes of what will replace the pain that they are so familiar with and have learned to live with.

It takes a great deal of patience and compassion to counsel the hurting and you cannot do it if your attitude is to reject those who reject you. Jesus never rejected any one and still doesn't to this day - "Come ALL who are heavily laden" is the invitation. Doesn't matter who you are, or what burden you are carrying. All are invited to come and He accepts us all.

Quote:
if a person is constantly blowing up at me everyday becasue they have rejection issues, then you want me to sit there and take a beating in the name of love

Yes that is exactly what is required because the hurting person will test you and test you, and test you because they want to see Jesus in you. If they can't see the unconditional love and acceptance of God in you, then how will they believe it in Him? Especially if they are not yet in a place to see it for themselves. You are His light in the darkness, but you can only be the light when you are healed. If you, yourself are not yet healed then rejection hurts because it impacts your own issues and hurting places. If you are not yet healed and unable to take rejection from whence it comes, ie a person who is wounded and hurting who is striking out in pain, and if you are unable to respond with nothing other than love and acceptance and as God directs you, then you have no place thinking that you are a minister of reconciliation.

It sounds to me like you have a great deal of hurt that needs healing. And I pray that God will meet your need exceedingly abundantly, from His riches in Christ Jesus.

Kathy Bippus

Posted: 06/17/2011 at 11:25am | IP Logged Quote Kathy Bippus

"as God leads" precisely Alexa, it is as Holy Spirit leads. and no, one can not say "nobody wants to be healed from rejection." Are there those who rather choose to hold onto the pain of the past, as for some it is what they know, what they have become comfortable with? yes

to come to Him means we are willing to lay our thoughts, our ways, our own will down in full surrender to His Lordship, Governing. we can trust Him with our life because He is Faithful and True. it is the Father in and through Christ Jesus(He made Him known, manifested the Father, we are brought to Father, etc.) and His Governing, Who and what we point too.  His Kingdom is righteousness(right-relating, uprightness), joy and peace in Holy Spirit.

most of these type things, which are being discussed, are worked out in relationship one with another. bypassing the use of the word `nobody' or `all' there are some who will choose not to be reconciled.

when i spoke of `walking away' and when it truly is as led of Holy Spirit..it is always Love doing so.

Alexa T Heyns

Posted: 06/17/2011 at 12:42pm | IP Logged Quote Alexa T Heyns

There is a lovely Chinese proverb which says 'the student cannot pass the teacher' which is a very typically Chinese way of saying 'You can't give what you have not received' or in other words you can only help some one as far you as been helped yourself. The blind can't lead the blind, the hurting can't heal the hurt. The Bible wisely says 'that which you have received, freely give' but if you have not yet received, you can't give out of nothing. Hurt can only give hurt, anger can only give anger, rejection can only give rejection, fear can only give fear, pain can only give more pain. It is only when you have received healing or knowledge or insight or revelation from God, in any area big or small, that you have something of God to give to some one else.

That which you have received, freely freely give.
Kathy Bippus

Posted: 06/17/2011 at 2:20pm | IP Logged Quote Kathy Bippus

there is some truth to that Alexa, there can be healing and/or wholeness in one area of the soul and still yet woundedness in another. if we simply ask Him to come into those areas, being the Great Physician He is, He sends His word and heals and delivers from all our destruction. the wound, if left undealt with, will become infected. the infection begins to spread throughout the body. if continued left unchecked, can and/or will lead to death.

a wounded soul can as well take a word or the scriptures etc. which is wonderful by the way..but instead of receieve healing, being made whole, takes the word and interprets it according to the wound, ths feeding it.

there is definitely alot to be said here re the wounded soul..as said before, you gave some good counsel re  i simply went abit further in speaking re forgiveness and how that affects not only the wounded but the one through whom the wound may have come. however, not all will receive such.

blessings,

lisa owens

Posted: 06/17/2011 at 2:41pm | IP Logged Quote lisa owens

You are right Alexa sometime i am a little impatient and harsh. I am like that with my own issues  too. I dont even baby myself.. and  my ex pastor whos never had any daughters was very tough too. If a person came to him crying, he'd be like the coach of a boxer who had just been knocked down, saying," Get Up You BUM! , Get Up You Bum!"! Its how I was trained. Im not like that with new belivers though. it been very discouraging, i want to close my eyes becasue I havent seen alot of believers Grow in that area and it disgust me sometime that I just start going off out of fustration.

But Im talking about supposed mature blievers not the world or baby christians.

Edited by lisa owens on 06/17/2011 at 2:46pm
lisa owens

Posted: 06/17/2011 at 3:20pm | IP Logged Quote lisa owens

My real problem is weak people, not that I don’t have weakness. Its that weak people are always complaining about me and I get it, the bible says the fruit of the spirit is gentleness and  I am constantly being challenged because weak people can’t take nothing. As soon as you are a little tough on them they telling you you are an angry person, or vehement, people call me mean and I am not mean. I was like you wanna see mean watch some of the reality show and see how the people treat each other.  I am not mean. Some of these people cry when you talk about breakfast, they need a kick in the pants, the bibles says to be strong in the lord. Be strong.

I don’t understand. Just like paul said, who’s led into sin and I don’t inwardly burn. Like what’s your problem. if I am beating my breast and tearing my clothes over iniquity in my life, going on fast, crying out to God then you see people like leaches who are always whining  and cant get over nothing. I don’t get it. I have a race to run. im not stopping every 5 minuites to pick up these fallen people who have not strengthened their hearts. They are draining and distracting.

Alexa T Heyns

Posted: 06/17/2011 at 4:56pm | IP Logged Quote Alexa T Heyns

Lisa,

I'm so so sorry that that has been your experience with your ex-pastor, sounds to me like you need to forgive him.

What you say about being 'strong in the Lord' is one of those dreadful Christian catchphrases that not only are meaningless but positively dangerous.

The Bible says 'when I am WEAK He is strong', and I want to invite you to consider the possibility that its in our weakness that we find strength, His strength. It is in the area's that we cannot rely on ourselves that we lean on Him the most and both give and receive the most when we do.

Weakness is not a weakness or a failure. What happens Lisa when you can't bear it any more? What happens when your strength fails as it inevitably must? What then? Aren't you tired of having to be strong all the time? Don't you ever just want to lay your head down and admit that being strong is the most awful burden and you can't do it any more?

Right now Jesus is standing before you with an invitation. Come He says. Come give me your burden. I will carry it for you. Come let Me take all that weight of responsibility of having to be strong all the time. Let it go Lisa. Give it to Me. Surrender it to Me. Let Me be your strength.

Imagine for a moment if you will, standing before God, crying out for help, for strength even to endure a trial, to make it through the day or night, and He says 'You are draining and distracting, get up you bum and get going! Stop that whining and be strong!' What horror! Never will you hear such a thing from God!!

So why then do you think it acceptable to say such a thing to yourself or worse say it to others? To even think such a thing goes against a God who says 'Come to me all who are weary and heavily laden and find rest, for My burden is easy and My yoke is light' and who says 'it is in your weakness that My strength and loving kindness are made manifest' because I am your strength. I am your strong tower. I am your defense. It is God's strong right arm that upholds us. Not our strength but His. Not our ability but His ability.

I know where you are coming from so well. For years I endured and was strong refusing to admit my weakness. I too had issue with Christians who only turned to God because they were unable to cope with life. Christianity, the last refuge of the weak, was how I thought. Until God brought me face to face with my own weakness and I had to admit to Him that I could not cope. My strength was run out and finished and that I simply could not do it any more and that yes I did need Him, as much, if not more so, than the people I had despised as being weak. I too was weak and what relief to admit it. And it was only in admitting it that I was able to lay that awful burden down and receive strength from God that has upheld me without effort on my part for the last 15 years through some of the worst hardship of my life, that makes the previous hardship pale by comparison. He is there to lean on at all times of the day and night. He is there to cry on, to love and support me and impart strength to me whenever I need it, which is pretty much all the time.

I don't want ever to go back to the days when I ran my own life in my own strength making my own decisions. I saw where that got me and no thanks!

So Lisa, the invitation stands - but its up to you - are you ready to lay down that burden of being 'strong'? Truthfully you are not strong. Being too stubborn to admit your failure is not strength. I know, I did that for over ten years. Being too stubborn to lie down and give up, is not strength either. And there is no pride in saying you endured where others failed. What have you gained for it except a burden that gets heavier every step you take, if you are even taking any steps forward any more. Sooner or later the overladen donkey walks slower and slower and eventually stops. Pure stubborness may make it refuse to lie down, but it isn't going anywhere either. This is not strength.

Strength is knowing when to give up. Strength is saying to God 'I can't do this on my own.' Strength is knowing not only when to ask for help but who to ask. Strength is knowing God's strength far exceeds ours. Strength is knowing when to step back and let God.

So the choice is yours. Your strength, which will fail, or His which will never fail?

The clay doesn't say to the potter, leave me I am strong. The clay is weak in the potters hand because it is only when the clay is soft and malleable (weak) that the potter can make something of it.

I leave you with some verses to contemplate.

Human strength is nothing, Our Strength Comes from God:

Human strength can do nothing. John 6:63

...do it with the strength that God supplies. 1 Peter 4:11

Psa 28:8 You give strength to your people, LORD, and you save and protect your chosen ones.

Psa 73:26 My body and mind may fail, but you are my strength and my choice forever.

Psa 73:26 My body and mind may fail, but you are my strength and my choice forever.

Weakness is strength:

1Co 1:27 But God chose the foolish things of this world to put the wise to shame. He chose the weak things of this world to put the powerful to shame.

2Co 11:30 If I have to brag, I will brag about how weak I am.

2Co 12:9 But he replied, "My kindness is all you need. My power is strongest when you are weak." So if Christ keeps giving me his power, I will gladly brag about how weak I am.

2Co 12:10 Yes, I am glad to be weak or insulted or mistreated or to have troubles and sufferings, if it is for Christ. Because when I am weak, I am strong.

2Co 13:4 Although he was weak when he was nailed to the cross, he now lives by the power of God. We are weak, just as Christ was. But you will see that we will live by the power of God, just as Christ does.

Rom 5:6 While we were yet in weakness [powerless to help ourselves], at the fitting time Christ died for (in behalf of) the ungodly.

This verse was worth repeating:

2Co 12:9 But He said to me, My grace (My favor and loving-kindness and mercy) is enough for you [sufficient against any danger and enables you to bear the trouble manfully]; for My strength and power are made perfect (fulfilled and completed) and show themselves most effective in [your] weakness. Therefore, I will all the more gladly glory in my weaknesses and infirmities, that the strength and power of Christ (the Messiah) may rest (yes, may pitch a tent over and dwell) upon me! (Amp)
lisa owens

Posted: 06/17/2011 at 9:35pm | IP Logged Quote lisa owens

I dont need to forgive my ex pastor. I love him to life for real!  That man has trained me and helped equip me for the battle. i love His style, I RESPECT HiM MORE THAN i RESPECT PASSIVE WEAK PEOPLE.  God used his life to help me see what  real man of God looks like. He is a real man of GOD. i love him and have never needed to forgive him. For what? he has done nothing to me at all.  lol... No nO NO dont get it twisted, it was good for me.

lol, besides, i hear what you are saying trust me. These scriptures are woven into me... lol, and you dont know  the place that im speaking from when i talk about stregnth. Im not talking about my own stregnth trust me.  If i was speaking of human flesh ability then why would I be fustrated with other believers?. its  becasue the power and grace of God that is  abundant, but not as evident as it could be in the life of a beliver to live victoriously. Becasue glory to God I see the Grace of God in my life to overcome then what is everybody else propblem, we have the same WORD... But I see where you are comming from. we are not really on the same page, so...Thats enough for me on this one.

Edited by lisa owens on 06/17/2011 at 9:44pm
Alexa T Heyns

Posted: 06/17/2011 at 10:37pm | IP Logged Quote Alexa T Heyns

"If i was speaking of human flesh ability then why would I be fustrated with other believers?"

This is EXACTLY why I say you are operating from a wrong idea of strength in God and from your human strength because God is not frustrated or impatient with us, so if you are, it is not God you are demonstrating, but never mind if you are not in a place to recognise your need God is patient even if you are not.
Kathy Bippus

Posted: 06/17/2011 at 11:25pm | IP Logged Quote Kathy Bippus

this will be my last post here,

Lisa, lay aside your thoughts regarding of "why" the frustration, lay aside all preconceived thought/s of and take it to Father and ask Him to reveal to you the Truth of the "why." He always gets to the root issue.

lisa owens

Posted: 06/18/2011 at 7:48am | IP Logged Quote lisa owens

First off, i was yappin... you know when you get fustrated because you are tired of something? like when you are sitting and chatting with your friend and you began to vent?  I vent to God, he doesnt rebuke me. Am i not allowed to vent? I can feel fustrated. There are alot of believer that are fustrated about a lot of things that they see and dont understand: like false prophets, certain teachings and many other things. I was just yapping. Holyspirit has never rebuked me for being fustrated becasue im not exactly yelling at a human being directly hurting their feelings, Im just yapping at whoever is listening about things that bother me about people. the bible does say bear with the weak and i bare with them after I vent.   because if you dont deal with your weakness it leaves an open door for the devil just like saul. its weak people who slander the pastor name becasue they are offended, its the weak people who have turned to false brothers, people with weak hearts i believe started off well. the bible say you did run well but what hindered you that you should not obey the truth. weak people that get jelous and try to discredit someones character. this happen to me... and these weak people are not people in the world they are in the Church.  these people will blast you on a billboard then repent in the subway. i remeber when a weak person was after me. i mean she was doing her best to bring me down, i dont know what her problem was but she was being used by the devil. I let her continue becasue i know that she was weak and i know that if i even dared fight back against her she would be crumbeled. but the day came when she attacked me and and i stareted speaking the word with boldeness, I tell you... and im  a pursue and overtake my enemies type of person... and when i turn and pursue you you will not live becasue i will stomp you and pound you grieviously ( in the spirit i mean.) any way i began to see the girl as my enemy and I remeber i kept telling her to repent from her evil, everyday i told her, if i saw her in the store, repent for your evil, i didnt care i was not leaving her alone. and in the spirit i had a hammer and my face was so serious and i was so focused that i couldnt see anything but this person...  well the hammer was comming down to smash her and i tell the the truth i was bringing the hammer down and the holy spiRIT said NO! you are going to kill her, she will not recover from this. The holy spirt flooded my heart with mercy. this was a time when i dint have any training on warfare or really know how to deal with such things. anyway this person had rejection issues and low self esteem. she has been in the church for years but has never dealt with it. i belive that was a warning to her from God as in what could happen. see these weak people like to come against people but then when you fight back against them when they are doing evil, everybody wanna say have mercy on them becasue they are not healed or they have issues. 

I had adream that i was running my race and there were other people running... then the people began to fall one by one. in compassion I ran over to one  of them and said, are you ok?,  then I tried to help them when another one fell and  in compassion i ran over to the other person-- when another fell and another fell --thats when the I heard the voice of God say, LEAVE THEM ALONE! I left them alone and kep running and i  was running there were all these demons shooting things at me trying to kill me and i would not fall. for all  I know a person with the gift of mercy could be behind me and God may send them to the fallen people. when you love the lord thy God with all your strenght heart and soul like the word say that means all your love is to him first and directed by him so if someone falls and God say leave them alone i have to becasue all  my devotion  goes to God first not anyone else. then people acuse you of being a unloving, insensitive christian but thats not my problem how anyone views me. Its all circumstantial. But everything you said I completely agree with.

Sarah Ann Dees

Posted: 06/18/2011 at 9:24am | IP Logged Quote Sarah Ann Dees

Lisa,

I didn't read everything here, just your dream...but I think your right..codependency can be very damaging.  It seems that boundries are not spoken about enough.  There is a great christian book about boundries..I think the author is Townsend.

Brenda Deese

Posted: 06/18/2011 at 12:47pm | IP Logged Quote Brenda Deese

Becky, thanks for your OP - I didn't read most of the other posts.  I wonder how often the enemy uses this against believers to keep us from doing what Yahweh wants. Thank goodness He heals the brokenhearted.

I was at a conference a couple of years ago and this is one of things that was said - "We all know that the Father loves His son. You know, He loves Jesus so perfectly. As the Lord loves Him - that’s how much He loves you. You might think He can’t because I can’t be perfect like Jesus. God doesn’t love Jesus because He’s perfect, He loves Jesus because Jesus is His son and that’s why God loves Jesus. He loves you the same way. He loves you the same way He loves Jesus because you are His child. The Father Himself loves you.”  Patricia King

John 17:23 reminds me of this.  If someone doesn't like Patricia King, maybe you could just meditate on these words.  I know I need to more often.  When we're full of Him, we're able to shine brighter for Him.

Edited by Brenda Deese on 06/20/2011 at 7:41am
View Brenda Deese's Profile Search for other posts by Brenda Deese

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version