OpenHeaven.com Forum : VOICE OF PROPHECY - Prophetic Words
Subject Topic: Wisdom from the Scriptures Post Reply Post New Topic
Author
Kaaren Turner

Online Status: Offline
Posted: 02/29/2012 at 2:00pm | IP Logged Quote Kaaren Turner

Hello All!

REVELATION AND DIVINE WISDOM FROM THE SCRIPTURES

Today I was writing to two friends that were experiencing some health problems.  To try to encourage them, I sent several scriptures on “suffering and why we experience it.”  I have read these scriptures many times and have even quoted them to myself and in prayer.

However, a startling revelation came when I got to 1 Peter 4:14.  It hit me like a giant bolder.  It said, “If you are reproached for the name of Christ, blessed are you, for the Spirit of glory and of God rests upon you.  What an awakening!

Additionally, the Word said, “For to you it has been granted on behalf of Christ, not only to believe in Him, but also to suffer for His sake,  having the same conflict which you saw in me and now hear is in me.” (Philippians 1: 29-30)  Here we come to understand that the suffering is not just emotional (as we are sometimes taught) but physical as well because Apostle Paul was subject to and endured both.

When I compared these scriptures with Romans 8: 20-30, I received even greater understanding.  It says, ”For whom He foreknew, He also predestined to be conformed to the image of His Son, that He might be the firstborn among many brethren. 30 Moreover whom He predestined, these He also called; whom He called, these He also justified; and whom He justified, these He also glorified.”

This all brought back to memory a line of a poem a friend gave to me in the 1970s.  It said, “The center that I cannot find, is known to my unconscious mind, I have no reason to despair, because I am already there.”

We, as children of God, are already predestined, called, justified and glorified in Christ!  Hallelujah!  The cleansing, renovation, and transformation of us into His image is just preparation for our eventual reign with Him (Christ).   Isn’t it wonderful to know that our suffering is all part of the Master’s marvelous plan!

SCRIPTURES:

1 Peter 4:12-19 New King James Version (NKJV)

Suffering for God’s Glory

12 Beloved, do not think it strange concerning the fiery trial which is to try you, as though some strange thing happened to you; 13 but rejoice to the extent that you partake of Christ’s sufferings, that when His glory is revealed, you may also be glad with exceeding joy. 14 If you are reproached for the name of Christ, blessed are you, for the Spirit of glory and of God rests upon you.[a] On their part He is blasphemed, but on your part He is glorified. 15 But let none of you suffer as a murderer, a thief, an evildoer, or as a busybody in other people’s matters. 16 Yet if anyone suffers as a Christian, let him not be ashamed, but let him glorify God in this matter.[b]17 For the time has come for judgment to begin at the house of God; and if it begins with us first, what will be the end of those who do not obey the gospel of God? 18 Now “If the righteous one is scarcely saved,Where will the ungodly and the sinner appear?”[c]19 Therefore let those who suffer according to the will of God commit their souls to Him in doing good, as to a faithful Creator

From Suffering to Glory (Romans 8: 18-30)

18 For I consider that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us. 19 For the earnest expectation of the creation eagerly waits for the revealing of the sons of God. 20 For the creation was subjected to futility, not willingly, but because of Him who subjected it in hope; 21 because the creation itself also will be delivered from the bondage of corruption into the glorious liberty of the children of God. 22 For we know that the whole creation groans and labors with birth pangs together until now. 23 Not only that, but we also who have the firstfruits of the Spirit, even we ourselves groan within ourselves, eagerly waiting for the adoption, the redemption of our body. 24 For we were saved in this hope, but hope that is seen is not hope; for why does one still hope for what he sees? 25 But if we hope for what we do not see, we eagerly wait for it with perseverance.

26 Likewise the Spirit also helps in our weaknesses. For we do not know what we should pray for as we ought, but the Spirit Himself makes intercession for us[b] with groanings which cannot be uttered. 27 Now He who searches the hearts knows what the mind of the Spirit is, because He makes intercession for the saints according to the will of God.

28 And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose. 29 For whom He foreknew, He also predestined to be conformed to the image of His Son, that He might be the firstborn among many brethren. 30 Moreover whom He predestined, these He also called; whom He called, these He also justified; and whom He justified, these He also glorified

Edited by Kaaren Turner on 02/29/2012 at 2:05pm

God bless you all and your families!
Kaaren

View Kaaren Turner's Profile Search for other posts by Kaaren Turner Visit Kaaren Turner's Homepage
Kevin Barrett

Posted: 02/29/2012 at 3:13pm | IP Logged Quote Kevin Barrett

Amen Kaaren,

Not many like to hear that we must share in His sufferings if we are to carry His Glory.  But there are the few that hunger for it.  One who is full (of soulish things) loathes honey (the pure word), but to one who is hungry (for Christ & His Glory) everything bitter (all suffering for Christ) is sweet. Proverbs 27:7

God bless you,

Kaaren Turner

Posted: 02/29/2012 at 8:56pm | IP Logged Quote Kaaren Turner

Hi Kevin!

A few years ago if I had known all that I would have to endure to  carry God's glory, I would have told HIM "no thank you."

I have been on a whirlwind of a journey from the "pit to the palace" but it is getting easier to bare the more I understand why it is necessary.

I have a passion for healing and deliverance.  God can't use you to do these things unless you go through some horrible things.  Just look at Apostle Paul.  He was beaten, stoned, whipped, and driven out of town. He survived riots, shipwrecks, illness, and abandonment. Our Lord experienced even greater challenges.

So life may be difficult but I am going to stand firm on HIS promises.  As a friend always says, "the end shall be right," Or as Abraham said to the Lord, "Far be it from you to do such a thing—to kill the righteous with the wicked, treating the righteous and the wicked alike. Far be it from you! Will not the Judge of all the earth do right?”  (Genesis 18:25)  I AM CONVINCED THAT HE WILL!  Even when I don't necessarily understand HIM or his ways.

Thanks for your comments.  God bless and keep you until His return. 

Kaaren

View Kaaren Turner's Profile Search for other posts by Kaaren Turner Visit Kaaren Turner's Homepage
Cindy Glinski

Posted: 03/01/2012 at 2:21am | IP Logged Quote Cindy Glinski

Kaaren,
Thank you for what you shared. It is the appointed time. Only Jesus can get us through what is coming.
Blessings,

Cindy Glinski
P.S.
You may enjoy this sight.
http://parablesblog.blogspot.com/
View Cindy Glinski's Profile Search for other posts by Cindy Glinski
Kaaren Turner

Posted: 03/01/2012 at 9:48am | IP Logged Quote Kaaren Turner

Praise the Lord!

Cindy, God's blessings to you, Kevin and Pastor Alma for your encouraging comments on today's suffering.

Many times we view our "negative and difficult" circumstances as some attack of the devil.  We don't believe that God would allow such painfulness in our lives.  We definitely do not understand our trials or why; and are not educated about purification, transformation with respect to HIS imminent glory!

I was excited to read Mr. Herrin's blog:  Daytona 500 - A Difficult Race, An Arduous Cleansing.  I am sending to others to read.  Others interested in knowing the truth should check it out at: http://www.parablesblog.blogspot.com

You might also want to read this month's teaching on my website regarding "why we are not hearing the Spirit."  You can find it on the 5th page at: http://www.bible-jewels.com 

Thank you for your comments and blessings.

Much Love to you.

Kaaren

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version