Mormon Temple

VOICE OF PROPHECY - Prophetic Words
OpenHeaven.com Forum : VOICE OF PROPHECY - Prophetic Words
Subject Topic: A VERY CROSS MESSAGE Post Reply Post New Topic
Author
Danny Korakas

Online Status: Offline
Posted: 03/27/2012 at 1:37pm | IP Logged Quote Danny Korakas

In the mid-nineties, a Protestant denomination held a theological conference in which a speaker in attendance stated, “I don’t think we need a theory of atonement at all; I don’t think we need folks hanging on crosses and blood dripping and weird stuff.”

It seems that this man’s statement only reflects what many “Christians” reflect in their view of life and within their doctrinal views of spiritual entitlement. Why can’t we just concentrate on the teaching about how God is a God of love? The problem is that if our entire doctrine or belief system is built upon this aspect and we take away the blood and guts of the cross, you cannot have a God of Love.

In the real world of relationships it is virtually impossible to love people with an issue or personal needs without in some degree sharing in or even changing places with them. All real and genuine love requires or involves some form of this exchange. Not much is required of us to love a person who has it all together and emotionally happy. However, what about emotionally wounded people? If we’re honest, it is difficult to genuinely love people like that over time and stay emotionally intact yourself. They may feel stronger or better or more affirmed as you talk or relate to them, but the end result is that you become more emotionally drained yourself. Yep, it’s them or you! To bring them up emotionally, you must be willing to be drained emotionally.

I see a person in my mind’s eye that is innocent of a crime and yet is being hunted down by a group of people bent on justice. I see this person reaching out to you for help and comfort. I can hear the thoughts: “If I don’t help him, he will probably die, but yet if you ally or come to his aid (although you are currently and perfectly safe and secure) you will likewise be in mortal danger by association. Once again, we come back to, it’s either you or him. He will certainly experience safety and security through your involvement, but only because you are willing to enter into his insecurity and vulnerability.

A child comes into the world in a condition of complete dependence. They cannot function as self-supporting or self-sufficient lives unless their parents give up much of their own independence and natural freedom for years. In other words, if you don’t allow your children to hinder your freedom of time whether in work or leisure and if you only attend to your children when it doesn’t inconvenience you, your children will grow or mature in physicality only. However, in a myriad of other ways, they will remain emotionally stunted, needy, troubled, and over-dependent.

The choice should now be obvious. You can either sacrifice your time and freedom for theirs or not. Again, it’s them or you. To love your children with excellence, you must decrease that they may increase. You must be willing to enter into the dependency they have so that eventually they can experience the freedom and independence that you have.

All life-changing love toward people with serious needs is a substitutional sacrifice. If you become personally involved with them, in some way, their weaknesses flow toward you as your strengths flow toward them. The Cross of Christ is simple: It is that substitution is at the heart of the Christian’s prophetic message.

With this said how could God be a God of love if he does not become personally involved in suffering the same violence, oppression, grief, weakness, and pain that we experience? Only one God has ever claimed or demonstrated such an act of love to humanity through Christ Jesus. The essence of sin is humanity substituting itself for God, while the essence of salvation is God substituting himself for us. We put ourselves where only God deserves to be and God puts himself where we deserve to be.

Christ himself gave prophecy as a gift to the church. Jesus is the spirit of prophecy and the intent has always been to proclaim repentance... The repentance from a lack of genuine love and our acceptance of kingdom love birthed from the Spirit. If we understood this, history would have been very different and our garment would be a shade of white rather than stained with agenda and self-serving conditions. “The love God” rolls off our lips and writings so easily and casually. But the love of God is sacrificial, sometimes painful, and dies to one’s self. This is the true storing of spiritual treasure and the investments this side of heaven are well worth the eternal reward.

Edited by Danny Korakas on 03/28/2012 at 3:28am
View Danny Korakas's Profile Search for other posts by Danny Korakas
Danny Korakas

Online Status: Offline
Posted: 03/28/2012 at 3:35pm | IP Logged Quote Danny Korakas

I penned this message with an underlining precept of how deep the love of God really is for not just the saved, but the unsaved as well. I have found it interesting over the decades in regard to the various proclamations that have been spoken and written in the name of God himself through the gift of prophecy.

I realize that many may disagree with me and the content of this message. I am okay with that, but I have come to point in my life whereas I highly doubt that many of the proclamations of impending judgment, natural disasters, doom, gloom, and all the myriad of likeminded prophecies are actually from heart of Jesus who is the Spirit of prophecy.  Although judgment is certainly a part of the unfolding revelation as time draws to a close because God is just - is it really your's or my place to pronounce judgement, pain, damnation, and threats to another in this season? If we're honest, most of these proclamations are no more than prophetic folks speaking and writing to other prophetic folks. Frankly, the lost and worldly could care less about our "threats." What the world is truly seeking for is something supernatural that gives them purpose; a genuine cause in the midst of uncertainty; a filling of something powerful into that which is empty; and to be loved where they are and who they are.

To condemn mankind in the name of the Lord and for it not to of the Spirit is a form of idolatry because we have usurped the place and position of God. The return is not worth the price paid for a bit of affirmation and spiritual acceptance. I sincerely do not desire that this message would prevent anybody from speaking and writing forth the word of the Lord. Look, we need words of correction as much as we do affirmation and edification. However, I do sincerely hope that we will ensure that prophecies of judgment and disaster are actually from the Spirit and not birthed out of frustration or the needs of acceptance.

I learned (the hard way) 30 years ago that most "judgment" that arises within the heart of a prophetic person is the very issue that the Lord is dealing with in that particular individual and is usually not intended for another. If we are ready to proclaim or attribute a disaster and "shaking" upon others, it is usually because there are areas of disaster and a shaking required in our personal lives. This is a hard pill to swallow, but it is one which brings health to the individual and the body.

With much love, dk

Edited by Danny Korakas on 03/29/2012 at 4:46am
View Danny Korakas's Profile Search for other posts by Danny Korakas

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version