OpenHeaven.com Forum : VOICE OF PROPHECY - Prophetic Words
Subject Topic: OVERCOMERS ARISE Post Reply Post New Topic
Author
Amanda Leonard

Online Status: Offline
Posted: 07/17/2013 at 1:29pm | IP Logged Quote Amanda Leonard

OVERCOMERS ARISE

By Amanda Leonard

What is an overcomer? One who overcomes. The Lord has been speaking to me about being an overcomer. It’s amazing to me how the Holy Spirit will just POP words out to you. It’s almost like you’ve ‘seen’ it a zillion times but you’re really just ‘seeing’ it for the first time. That’s how I’ve felt with this word OVERCOMER. The Lord has been showing me that He is creating His children to become overcomers, actually we already are but we haven’t appropriated it through the blood of Jesus.

The first thing that He is teaching us to overcome is our own mind. We as the body of Christ have been an orphan bride for far too long. We have let the lies of the enemy penetrate our minds and we haven’t believed who God has said that we are. We have felt unworthy, been disconnected, believed we are ugly, beaten down, addicted, and bound long enough. God is waking us up to the realization that we are OVERCOMERS through the blood of Jesus Christ. As we are awakening from our slumber, God is transforming us to have the mind of Christ. He is teaching us to truly walk in the ways of His Kingdom.

Romans 12:2: And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.

Vision

I was in a burn unit. I myself had been burned at one time (spiritually) and God was stretching me until the skin was smooth and the burns were no longer noticeable. I sat in front of a room full of burn victims. These people had been burned by religion and the systems of man. The enemy had feed them so many lies that it was ingrained in their skin and had disfigured them.

I saw that the enemy was putting a veil over them. The people felt unworthy and didn’t want to be noticed. The veil was blinding them from the realization that Jesus the Christ had given them skin grafts! They had new skin, new DNA, they were covered in the blood of Jesus, yet this veil was covering their eyes and keeping them from seeing who they had always been before the creations of the earth.

God showed me that He is raising up people to apply the healing balm of Gilead to these people who have been burned. He is taking off the veils from their eyes. As they look in the mirror, they hardly recognize themselves because they are beginning to see themselves the way that God has always seen them, as whole, beautiful, worthy carriers of His glory….a pure and spotless bride!

As these people began to see their transformation, they realized all the lies from the enemy and the effects of religion that tried to leave them completely lifeless, barely getting by…….definitely not the overcomers that the word says we are! They began to see the life of Jesus, the blood of Jesus running through their veins…..they began to realize they were OVERCOMERS!!!

”These things I have spoken to you, that in Me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation; but be of good cheer, I have overcome the world.” (John 16:33) Hallelujah!

Our mission is to overcome darkness with His marvelous light. His light is within us. In His Presence, darkness must flee. The enemy can’t stay, he must scatter. So it’s time for our light to shine! We are a city on a hill, a light that cannot be hidden. His light in us will dispel any darkness. As we realize we are overcomers through Jesus, truly ALL things are possible.

His love pouring through purified vessels with scatter any work of the enemy. Our part is to overcome the evil of this world with the goodness of God. Christ in us the hope of glory, a city of light shining into the darkness to dispel it and replace it with the real life of God.

This past Sunday we broke out in spontaneous song with these words, “In Your Presence, the enemy scatters, in Your Presence, the enemy scatters…..let your light shine, shine upon the earth, let your light shine, shine upon the earth!” It’s happening as we are overcoming our self-life and being birthed into the Kingdom of God life, the abundant life in Jesus through Holy Spirit in us….NOW! The time is here, the time is NOW!

I’m reminded of an experience last year about this time. We were in a town that had lots of darkness everywhere. We were worshipping our King in a small little coffee shop downtown and my friend was taken out into the street in the Spirit. The darkness was everywhere, it tried to envelope her like a glove, and then suddenly she saw liquid light flowing through the cracks of the wall. This liquid light began to seep from under the doors and windows. It brought light into the street and she watched it flow down the streets and alleyways. Then she could see inside the coffee shop and saw this liquid light was coming from our mouths as we praised and worshipped our King!

A man came in the coffee shop that night and told us afterwards that he was walking down the street and was thinking of ways to kill himself. He told us that he could hear the music and something lured him in and he didn’t understand why he came in but when he experienced God’s love he knew why. He heard about and experienced the love of our Father. He said that what happened with him coming in the coffee shop and us praying over him and loving on him had changed his steps and his life!

He is our light and in Him there is no darkness, (1 John 1:5). So when we walk in Him, we emit His light into the darkest places. As we overcome the darkness that has been in our lives, more light comes and we shine brighter and brighter as we continue to be transformed into His image.

By faith, we are going to enter His courts and declare His justice and His righteousness over situations. God is raising up ones who by faith are engaging the heavenly courtroom to honor God, repent of sins, and hand over situations to God for Him to judge. God is our righteous judge.

Revelation chapter 12 talks about how the accuser is accusing the brethren day and night….10 Then I heard a loud voice saying in heaven, “Now salvation, and strength, and the kingdom of our God, and the power of His Christ have come, for the accuser of our brethren, who accused them before our God day and night, has been cast down. 11 And they OVERCAME him by the blood of the Lamb and by the word of their testimony, and they did not love their lives to the death.”

We have overcome by the blood of the Lamb. Oh how precious is His blood! Can you imagine how many things that the enemy has stolen….being that he is continually, day and night accusing us before God?

As we are overcoming our mind and what’s in our hearts, we will begin to realize the power of the words we speak. The enemy will use words that we speak and take them to the courtroom and use them against us, if they aren’t words that come from Father. For example, Sally is talking about Joe and says, “Oh, he will never change….he will always be the same old mean man he’s always been.” The enemy will take those words to the Father and use them against you.

That is why we must overcome our mindset and our mouths, this happens as we shed off the ways of self and see people through the eyes of Jesus. This is a process most times because of all the years we operated out of our soul and fleshly desires, instead of walking in the pureness of His Spirit.

There is a testimony in heaven about you that needs to be fulfilled and as we enter the courtroom Father will show us the testimony of our scroll. Jesus had books in heaven about him that were to be fulfilled, and of course He fulfilled them. How did he know? He was One with the Father, Jesus was the word that became flesh, He fulfilled every word that was written about Him. He only did what He saw the Father doing and only said what He heard the Father saying. As we by faith enter this heavenly realm, in which we are already seated, we will become more and more one with Him……and we will OVERCOME the enemy by the blood of Jesus and the word of our testimony.

Father teach us more about how to be overcomers. We want to overcome the darkness of this world by Your light shining from within us! We want to shine even brighter and brighter for You Jesus and be Your glory that covers the earth. Teach us to operate in Your heavenly courts by faith. Show us more of Your Kingdom Lord that is within us. Take us to a new place in You. God we plead the blood of Jesus over situations and over our loved ones. Let us realize the importance of Your blood. Help us to overcome our minds first and then to overcome the darkness in the earth by shining Your light and by going to the heavenly courts to receive Your justice and mercy. We have OVERCOME by Your blood Jesus and the word of our testimony. We want all to see Your light and love and for all believers to overcome this life of self and live Your Kingdom life now. The time is here and the time is now Lord, prepare us for what’s to come. We were created for such a time as this!!! Yes Lord!

Amanda Leonard
http://timeinhispresence.wordpress.com/

Edited by Ron McGatlin on 07/18/2013 at 1:04pm
View Amanda Leonard's Profile Search for other posts by Amanda Leonard Visit Amanda Leonard's Homepage
Hugh Meadows

Posted: 07/17/2013 at 4:57pm | IP Logged Quote Hugh Meadows

Prov. 4:l8 - The path of the just is as the shinning light, that shineth more and more unto the perfect day.  Rev. 2l:7 - He that overcometh shall inherit all things; and I will be his God, and he shall be my son.  bro. hugh                                    
View Hugh Meadows's Profile Search for other posts by Hugh Meadows
Colleen Philip

Posted: 07/17/2013 at 6:01pm | IP Logged Quote Colleen Philip

Awesome word Amanda, such meat you've given here. And all right on.

I heard Ian Clayton expound recently about what our testimony means from the perspective of the Heavenly Courts...we've been taught it's the words of witness that we speak, that's what man knows & it's correct. No one can take our testimony away or unconvince us of what's happened to us. But Ian says that this word actually means what's written in the 'scrolls of our testimony' or what assignments, what attributes, what things we agreed to do with Father before we actually came here. These scrolls are imput into us along with His Spiritual DNA when we're created & as we go along with Him through life & ask Him to help us remember, help us reach our potential in Him, He unrolls these without our spirits/souls/bodies, so we can walk them out. Suppose Father sent us to our own particular town, we agreed to go & He asked us to be the spiritual lookout of our block, or the intercessor bringing things to Him about our mayor & council. Well, the blood of Jesus & this authority in our scrolls of the function Father assigned us will put the enemy into retreat...these victorious things, this double witness cannot be denied! Awesome teaching eh? And it complements all that you've said above!

Keep releasing His words & messages to bless us!

Owe no man anything but love, carry no offences as Jesus did, & live righteously by giving generously with no strings!
"In Him we live, move, & have our being"...Amen!
View Colleen Philip's Profile Search for other posts by Colleen Philip
Amanda Leonard

Posted: 07/18/2013 at 3:31am | IP Logged Quote Amanda Leonard

Amen Hugh and Colleen.  I know Colleen....I"ve heard that for years from others about the testimony being our testimony on earth that we share with others, which is still a great thing but just like Ian mentioned and what you've mentioned here.....there's so much more!  I know I"m still learning and I"m excited about this new journey into the MORE!  Just this morning I was thinking about exactly what you said about the word of our testimony actually being what's written on our scrolls.  I want to be able to appropiate this and share with others so that all of us can function in what Father has assigned us to do and this will disrupt the enemy for sure b/c he's constantly trying to delay that within us....but we are victorious through His blood and we will OVERCOME! Yes Lord!! Blessings to you guys!

Stacey Yerian
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Posted: 07/18/2013 at 6:27am | IP Logged Quote Stacey Yerian

Amanda Leonard wrote:
He is our light and in Him there is no darkness, (1 John 1:5). So when we walk in Him, we emit His light into the darkest places. As we overcome the darkness that has been in our lives, more light comes and we shine brighter and brighter as we continue to be transformed into His image. 

View Stacey Yerian's Profile Search for other posts by Stacey Yerian
Amanda Leonard

Posted: 07/18/2013 at 6:33am | IP Logged Quote Amanda Leonard

Blessings Stacey!!!  Glory light come!

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version