Mormon Temple

VOICE OF PROPHECY - Prophetic Words
OpenHeaven.com Forum : VOICE OF PROPHECY - Prophetic Words
Subject Topic: Revelation via angels...danger zone!!! Post Reply Post New Topic
Author
Lonnie Starr

Online Status: Offline
Posted: 09/23/2014 at 7:57pm | IP Logged Quote Lonnie Starr

Don’t Follow after an Angel to Receive Revelation!

Posted on 23 September 2014 by Stephen Hanson

http://www.hiskingdomprophecy.com/dont-follow-after-an-angel -to-receive-revelation/

“But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed. As we said before, so say I now again, if any man preach any other gospel unto you than that ye have received, let him be accursed”   Galatians 1:8-9.

“But I will come to visions and revelations of the Lord: I know a man in Christ fourteen years ago (whether in the body, I know not; or out of the body, I know not, God knoweth) snatched up in this manner to the third heaven: and I know such a man, whether in the body or out of the body I know not, God knoweth; how that he was snatched up into Paradise and heard secret words which it is not lawful for men to speak; on behalf of such a one will I glory; but on mine own behalf I will not glory, save in my infirmities”   2 Corinthians 12:1-5.

I have noticed a phenomenon lately where some prophetic ministers have given credence to receiving revelation from angels. I believe this to be a concern that can very easily open the door to other spiritual deception to one’s self and to others.

While we do have some examples in scripture where individuals were given insight from an angel, the overall aspect of spiritual guidance is to be pointed to Christ, His Word, and the Holy Spirit’s revelation to an individual.

We see the Apostle Paul as he left his previous life as a zealous Pharisee who formerly persecuted Christians, but later met Jesus himself on the road to Damascus. He wasn’t told by an angel to go to a certain place in Damascus where he later regained his sight and was told what he was to do. The Lord himself asked Paul why he was persecuting Him.

On the other hand, we have the prophet Daniel who was given insight and revelation from the angel Gabriel through God, about the future, and in particular, the nations and empires that would gain power during certain times in history, and finally, how the anti-Christ figure would arise, gain world dominion, and finally be destroyed by the Lord himself. There are other examples of how angels did their work and warned the Apostles. We see the Apostles as they were freed from prison by an angel, and Paul was warned while on a ship at sea. One can find many examples of where angels were sent to warn, instruct, guide, and protect men and women in the Bible.

There are certainly different dynamics at work between the Old and New Testament periods, in particular, how the old covenant was replaced by the new one. We now have Jesus who is the author and finisher of our faith. We no longer have a high priest or scapegoat which takes on the sins of the people. We all now have access to the Father through His Son.

Angels were created as living flames that stand before the throne of God and they also have certain duties as they guard over nations, individuals, and war against the angels of darkness. While some even today, do indeed receive insights and revelation from angels, the pinnacle of our revelation comes from the Lord himself, and not from one of the Father’s creations.

I believe that we tread upon very dangerous ground when we seek and attempt to hear from an angel, rather than through the Holy Spirit.

There are many winds that blow upon our world, and it becomes a very subtle thing to determine where a wind’s origin is coming from. The same is true of the subtle origin of an angel’s conversation to us. We know that satan himself can disguise himself as an angel of light. How much more then, can we expect from one of the many servants of the angels of light, or those that dwell in darkness?

~ Stephen Hanson

View Lonnie Starr's Profile Search for other posts by Lonnie Starr

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version