Print Page | Close Window

Haiku about anger

Printed From: OpenHeaven.com
Forum Name: Encountering Life's Issues - Is there a God? Is God real?
Forum Discription: What's a relationship with God all about, and what's Jesus Christ got to do with it? Have you recently been touched by God's reality? Are you wondering how you can be? Are you feeling there's a deeper purpose for your life? Are you facing a crisis and need prayer. Someone cares. Post your need here
URL: http://archive.openheaven.com/forums/forum_posts.asp?TID=39639
Printed Date: 01/17/2017 at 12:28pm

Topic: Haiku about anger

Posted By: Shirley Smother
Subject: Haiku about anger
Date Posted: 05/09/2012 at 7:35pm

Anger consumes me
Eats my soul like a cancer
Self inflicted hell

I hope this haiku poem
will help someone/ anyone
to realize that anger only destroys
not helps.

Replies:

Posted By: Kathy Bippus
Date Posted: 05/13/2012 at 3:11pm

Thanks Shirely,

There is nothing wrong with anger in and of itself. It is however, if we hold onto the anger and don't commuicate it in a manner that is beneficial.

Just as "be angry and sin not: don't let the sun go down on your anger." We have God given emotions but those emotions are to come into His governing of. It's when we don't allow Him to govern our anger or show us how to properly vent/communicate the anger, the anger builds up and yes, will consume and eat away like a cancer.

There is righteous indignation(anger) which Jesus displayed and we know in that He was revealing the Father's heart concerning. e.g Jesus turning over the tables of the merchandisers, saying, “It is written: 'My house will be called the House of prayer, but you have made it a den of robbers."  His anger is pure, holy, unadulterated, undefiled broughtforth by His pure, holy, unadulterated, undefiled Love.

blessings,

-------------
In His Love

Print Page | Close Window