Print Page | Close Window

The Set of our Spirit - Wade E Taylor

Printed From: OpenHeaven.com
Forum Name: ARTICLES and Discussion
Forum Discription: Teachings and Observations - Publish your teaching articles here.
URL: http://archive.openheaven.com/forums/forum_posts.asp?TID=29407
Printed Date: 01/18/2017 at 2:59am

Topic: The Set of our Spirit - Wade E Taylor

Posted By: Ron McGatlin
Subject: The Set of our Spirit - Wade E Taylor
Date Posted: 10/18/2009 at 12:01pm

The Set of our Spirit

By Wade E Taylor

“Looking to Jesus, the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before Him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the Throne of God.”  Hebrews 12:2

We are exhorted to set the gaze of our spirit upward toward Jesus, whose life was openly displayed for us to look upon.  We are to both consider and meditate upon the example of His life, as the pattern for our lives.

The Old Testament speaks prophetically of Jesus regarding the implicit trust He placed in His Father, concerning His life and ministry.

“For the Lord God will help Me; therefore shall I not be confounded: therefore have I set My face like a flint, and I know that I shall not be ashamed.”  Isaiah 50:7

Due to His faith and implicit trust in the character of His Father, Jesus was enabled to fully obey His Father’s will.  He knew His Father would not fail Him in the time of need.  Paul also set the gaze of his spirit toward the Lord and diligently followed the pattern he saw in the example of Jesus.  He gave his testimony, expressing the result of his living, as the Lord lived.

“Not as though I had already attained, either were already perfect: but I follow after, if that I may apprehend that for which also I am apprehended of Christ Jesus. Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended: but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus.”  Philippians 3:12-14

We are exhorted to have this same “mind,” or “set of spirit.”

“Let us therefore, as many as be perfect, be thus minded:  and if in anything you be otherwise minded, God shall reveal even this to you.”  Philippians 3:15

If we are to grow spiritually, we must have both vision and direction, along with an implicit trust, not only in the ability, but also in the willingness of the Lord to bring us into the fullness of His intention for us.

“He that has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches; To him that overcomes will I give to eat of the hidden manna (truth not yet revealed)….”  Revelation 2:17 (comment added)

We have not exhausted the depth of revelation that is buried, layer upon layer, within the Word of God.  There is “hidden manna,” spiritual principles not openly available, but made manifest to those who have certain overcoming qualities in their lives.  As we intently “look to Jesus,” there is much that He will yet reveal to us.

“The secret of the Lord is with them that fear (reverence) Him; and He will show them His covenant.”  Psalm 25:14 (comment added)

Many theorize about the program of God for the end-time.  But, before the Lord will reveal more to us, we must have a proper “set” of spirit, and a pure heart motive.  First, we must be walking in integrity with Him, in the out-working of the Word that we have already received.  Through “illumination,” this present Word should be a vibrant, living reality, having relevant meaning in relation to, and through our present circumstances and time.

I Chronicles 12:32 speaks of a company of (spiritually mature) men “who had understanding of the times, to know what Israel ought to do.”  Only as we walk with Jesus in expectancy, with purpose and direction, will we be able to understand the things that are before us.

“So Christ was once offered to bear the sins of many; and to them that look for Him shall He appear the second time without sin to salvation.”  Hebrews 9:28

The book of Revelation is more than the unfolding of future events; it is the revelation of the corporate body of Jesus in the outworking of His end-time purposes.  Only as our vision is singularly set upon Jesus, will we begin to understand the message within this book concerning the closing out of the day in which we live, and the birthing of the age to come.

The Lord is progressively bringing us into a greater understanding of Himself, of His desire for the growth and well being of His Church, and the establishing of His Kingdom rule.  This will result in the disclosure of new methods and understandings, being richer and more glorious than previous ones.

There lies between the closing of one dispensation and the opening of another, a period of time which participates in the methods and powers of both ages.  We are now living in such a period of time.  Only those who presently walk with Jesus, and have an enlightened eye, will understand the unfolding of this new day.  We must have Kingdom vision, else our eyes will be blinded.

Many of the Lord’s redeemed continue to linger in that which is already known and established, and are unwilling to identify with those who are saying:

Let us go forth, bearing His reproach.”

This day is foretold in Scripture in many guises and forms.  We are living at the end of the sixth day of creation, or the second day of grace.  The seventh, or third day, depending on our point of reference, is upon us.  In the prophetic word, a thousand years is as a day.

A change in revelation, and in manifestation, takes place at the end of the sixth day of creation, or second day of grace, and at the beginning of the seventh, or third day in the following passages:

“After two days will He revive us: in the third day He will raise us up, and we shall live in His sight.”  Hosea 6:2

“And He said to them, Go you, and tell that fox, Behold, I cast out devils, and I do cures today and tomorrow, and the third day I shall be perfected.”  Luke 13:32

The central thought in this progression is the revelation of the Lord in a higher realm and purpose.

In Luke 22:14-16, Jesus spoke of a certain hour that was come:

“He said to them, With desire I have desired to eat this Passover with you before I suffer: for I say to you, I will not any more eat thereof, until it be fulfilled in the Kingdom of God.”

Two disciples walked with Jesus along the road toward Emmaus.  It was the beginning of the third day (Luke 24:21), yet despite all the Lord had told them, their vision was set upon the former age.

“And they talked together of all things which had happened.”  Luke 24:14

Apparently, they did not consider, or have faith to believe all He had shown them.  In this frame of mind, they could neither know Him nor discern His presence.

“And it came to pass, that, while they communed together and reasoned, Jesus himself drew near, and went with them.  But their eyes were holden that they should not know him.”  Luke 24:15-16

They heard the anointed Word of God from the Lord Himself (Luke 24:27), but did not understand.

“And beginning at Moses and all the prophets, He expounded to them in all the Scriptures  the things concerning Himself.”  Luke 24:27

It was only when He passed through the gate (entrance into the age to come) and broke bread with them, that they remembered His promise.

“For I say to you, I will not any more eat thereof, until it be fulfilled in the Kingdom of God.”  Luke 22:16

Immediately their vision turned toward the Kingdom, and they saw the King.

The Book of Revelation is an unveiling of Jesus Christ as “Lord of the Age to come.”  He will “show to His servants things which must shortly come to pass.”  (Revelation 1:1)

All too many are as these disciples, looking back, and not willing to go forward with Him.  Until our perspective is right, we will not discern His presence as our Lord and King, or His presentation of the Age to come.

If you feel the inner tug of the Holy Spirit to take you further, and the intense work of the enemy attempting to hinder, His hand is indeed upon you for this new day.

Listen to what the Spirit is saying, then set your face as a flint, and begin to walk with Him toward this new day.

In which direction are you looking?

Wade E Taylor
http://www.wadetaylor.org/ - www.wadetaylor.org/

mailto:WadeTaylorDC@aol.com - WadeTaylorDC@aol.com  

Replies:

Posted By: Marjo Richardso
Date Posted: 10/18/2009 at 12:27pm

Thank you brother Ron for posting this. 

(NKJV) Hebrews 12: 3,4

For consider Him who endured such hostility from sinners against Himself, lest you become weary and discouraged in your souls.  You have not yet resisted to bloodshed, striving against sin.

Print Page | Close Window