Print Page | Close Window

Who is the True Israel of God?

Printed From: OpenHeaven.com
Forum Name: ARTICLES and Discussion
Forum Discription: Teachings and Observations - Publish your teaching articles here.
URL: http://archive.openheaven.com/forums/forum_posts.asp?TID=56203
Printed Date: 01/17/2017 at 11:13am

Topic: Who is the True Israel of God?

Posted By: Bruce McKerras
Subject: Who is the True Israel of God?
Date Posted: 10/30/2016 at 1:29am

Who is the true Israel of God?

This question can be put as: Who are the legitimate heirs of God’s promises?
The answer isn’t in those who claim to be descendants of Jacob, such as the citizens of the modern State of Israel, or the many people groups who assert they are the ‘lost tribes’, etc.
The true Israelites of God are those individuals who meet the Covenant conditions, who by belief in God and in their moral and ethical behaviour, prove they belong to Him.

It was always possible for foreigners to join Israel, therefore parentage and actual descent is irrelevant. Leviticus 19:3-34, Isaiah 56:1-8. Jesus said: Other sheep I must gather….John 19:16 and the Apostles made it clear that it is only by righteousness and faith that anyone is counted into the House of Israel. Romans 9:6-9, Galatians 3:26-29, Ephesians 2:11-18
So to determine who qualifies as an Israelite person of God, we know:
1/ They cannot be determined by natural descent from Abraham, or more specifically, from Jacob. There are no proofs of ancestry extant today.
2/ They cannot become Israelite by conversion to Judaism.
3/ Any person can become an Israelite of God by faith in Him, obedience to His Laws and the acceptance of the atoning sacrifice of Jesus. John 3:16-17

Jesus is the ‘root and tree trunk’ of Israel. Paul said that the promises made to Abraham were to one Person and they are all ‘yes’ in Christ. Galatians 3:16, 2 Cor. 1:20
So now all we Christians, in Christ as His friends and working with Him, are now the branches of the ‘olive tree’ of the true Israel. People from every tribe, race, nation and language. Romans 2:28-29, Revelation 5:9-10, Isaiah 66:18

This truth that all righteous Christians are the Israel of God, Galatians 6:16, destroys the false ‘rapture to heaven’ theory. The prophesies about Judah, the Jewish people, are clear: only a remnant will survive. Isaiah 6:13, Luke 19:27 They have set up their own religion and refuse to acknowledge Jesus. Romans 10:1-4
It will be the true, righteous Christian Church that will inherit the holy Land and they are the people who will display God’s glory and be His witnesses to the nations, in the last few years before Jesus Returns. Isaiah 66:18-21, Isaiah 49:8-13, Rev. 7:1-10
Bruce McKerras     logostelos.info

-------------
You, my friends should not be in the dark about end time events.

Replies:

Posted By: Bill Bremer
Date Posted: 10/30/2016 at 5:35am

Right on. What matters is the new creation.

Peace is a result of us and our brothers and sisters in the Lord doing right. Peaceful relationships flow from God our Father. This peace comes to us because http://billbremer.org/righteousness-gods-justice/ - God has made us right with Himself, bringing inner inner peace. Just as He planned, God also established peace among His kingdom people. God made us right with one another by making us a new order of mankind—new creatures, born again, regenerated Jews and Gentiles.

The moment we believed, God made us new creatures created in Christ ( http://ebible.com/query?utf=8✓&query=Eph%202%3A10 &translation=ESV - Eph 2:10 ). God joined new creature Gentiles with Jews as His new order of mankind in Christ Jesus, “to make in himself of twain one new man, so making peace.” Now, we gentiles are fellow citizens with God’s people and also members of His household. We are. being built together as a temple built on the foundation of the apostles and prophets and Jesus Christ is the chief cornerstone; build together by the Spirit for a dwelling in which God lives.

http://billbremer.org/kingdom-relationships-please-god/

-------------
Bill Bremer Kingdom Relationships http://billbremer.org
billbremer04@yahoo.com

Date Posted: 11/05/2016 at 1:28am

A nation that bears the proper fruit:   Matthew 21:43

Who are the "legitimate heirs" of God's promises? They are people, from every tribe, race, nation and language, saved by His power and grace, who will occupy all of the holy Land in the last days. They are the people of God who will be there when the Anti-Christ briefly takes over the new nation of Beulah:
Daniel 7:25 He will defy the Most High and conquer His holy people….. Zechariah 14:1-2
Revelation 13:7 The Beast was allowed to wage war on God’s people and to defeat them………. Revelation 12:13

I'm reluctant to refer to them as "Righteous Christians" or the "Israel of God", because both of these terms "Christians" and "Israel" have become corrupted by too much sin among too many of their respective communities. Christians can be anyone who enters a church and Israel is usurped by the Jewish State.
Paul doesn't cite either term in his comments about this matter in Ephesians 2:11-22. He refers to this new unified "body" of "reconciled" individuals, who are either Jews or Gentiles, as "members of the household of God" (vs 19), or as they are identified in other texts as "the people of God" or as the "sons of the Living God".
Paul makes it clear in several texts that God is bringing together a new group of "righteous" individuals to whom God will give His promised blessings.
Isaiah 51:1-2 Listen to me, all you who keep the Laws of God, all you who seek Him and who follow righteousness. Remember the quarry you were hewn from, your spiritual origin, Abraham is your father and Sarah gave you birth. When God called him, he was but one, God blessed him and now his righteous seed are many.
Romans 2:29 The person who belongs to God is not outwardly a Jew, physically circumcised, but one who is spiritually circumcised of the heart……

One term that could be used to refer to this new body of people, is Nazarenes. That word is used extensively in the Middle east for Christians and it means : the set apart ones or the people dedicated to God.
The very many prophesies God has made about His people living in peace and security in all of that area given so long ago to Abraham and his seed, have never been fulfilled. They will be, God will not forget His Land: Isaiah 49:14-16 it is inscribed onto His hands…. or His righteous people, Isaiah 65:9 I will give heirs to the Patriarchs, My chosen ones will take possession of the Land and those who serve Me will live there.

THIS is the next great promise we look forward to, fulfilling our destiny of being the people of God and is what we Christians have been chosen and prepared for:
Isaiah 49:8, These are the Words of the Lord: In the time of My favour, I will answer your call, Acts 2:21, and protect you. I formed you and destined you to be a light for the nations, restoring the Land and living in its now desolate areas.
Isaiah 43:10 You are My witnesses, you are My servants chosen by Me. To believe in Me and to know that I am God.
Isaiah 43:19-21 Behold, I shall do new things, they will happen. I will make a way through the desert and water for My people to drink.   This people I have prepared for Myself and they will proclaim My glory.   Isaiah 35:1-10
Jeremiah 33:10-12 See this Land, it lies in ruins without people or animals. [This is how the entire Middle East will be after the devastation of the Lord’s Day of fiery wrath] Yet in this place will once more be heard to sounds of joy and gladness, of bride and bridegroom, of voices shouting: Praise to the Lord God, for His love endures forever….
Then, all that is prophesied to occur before the glorious Return of Jesus must happen and it will be the survivors of Beulah who will greet Jesus as He comes for His Millennial reign.
Bruce McKerras      logostelos.info

-------------

Date Posted: 11/10/2016 at 11:39am

Literal Israel and Spiritual Israel:
Throughout the New Testament, as well as in some prophecies of the Old Testament, the Bible makes a transition from literal Israel to spiritual Israel. Hosea 2:23, Romans 2:28-29; Galatians 3:29; Romans 9-11
In Revelation 12:1-17, we find this transition from literal to spiritual Israel in the prophetic language of symbols. In verse 2, the symbolic woman is pregnant. Her child is Jesus who was born a Jew in the land of Judah. In verse 4 the dragon/Satan seeks to destroy the child Jesus when He is born. This was fulfilled by Herod: Matthew 2:13-16. In verse 5 the child is caught up to God in heaven, representing the resurrection of Christ.

As the prophecy progresses in verse 6, the woman no longer represents literal Israel but has now transitioned to spiritual Israel fleeing from persecution during the 42 prophetic month period of the Great Tribulation. In verses 7-12 we find a mini “repeat and enlarge” taking us back to the war in heaven and showing the impact of the cross on that war. Then, in verse 13 the woman is again brought to view, being persecuted by Satan. In verse 14 she is given wings of an eagle so as she can escape. Verses 6 and 14 present a major prophetic transition to God’s people. Both the woman and her place have changed from literal Israel and Palestine to spiritual Israel and the new place God has prepared for her. Note that some Christians remain: verse 17 and Satan persecutes them. They are the ‘many’ that agreed to the 7 year treaty of peace with the Anti-Christ, Daniel 11:32a and do not go into exile: Zephaniah 14:2

At this critical junction it is important to understand three points outlined in the prophecy and confirmed both in the New Testament and in the history of the church:
1.     After the death of Christ, the Israel of God, transitioned from literal Israel to spiritual Israel. From an ethnic people to all peoples.
2.     God’s faithful people: the woman, are moved from literal Palestine to her “place” given to her by God, to avoid the Great Tribulation.
3.     The new Israel of God: all true Christians, are the focal point of the New Testament and the inheritors of God’s promises to ancient Israel.

Failing to make the transition from literal, ethnic Israel to spiritual Christian Israel, and from literal Palestine to the place of safety, will leave us focused on the wrong people and in the wrong place.
The woman in the latter part of this prophecy represents spiritual Israel: all who are in Christ Jesus. Galatians 3:28; Romans 2:28-29   It is all the true Christian individuals, who are the Israel of God. Galatians 6:16
Revelation 12 presents us with a prophetic outline of God’s Christian people in the symbolic form of a woman. In the first part of Revelation 12, the woman is the literal House of Judah located in Palestine, The latter part of the same prophecy makes use of the same symbols that took literal Israel on their journey to Caanan; to now describe the journey of the woman, the Christian Israel of God, to a safe place on earth where they can worship Him in safety, until the 1260 days of the Great Tribulation have passed.     Ref:   J ames Rafferty

-------------

Date Posted: 11/10/2016 at 11:27pm

The Melchizedek priesthood is universal – not just Jewish.
Christians are citizens of the heavenly Jerusalem, Galatians 4:26, but Salem was a city of God in the time of Melchizedek – prior to Israel ever becoming a nation, with Jerusalem as its capital.
And Melchizedek king of Salem brought forth bread and wine: and he was the priest of the most high God. Genesis 14:18
The ascended and glorified Lord Jesus Christ is our eternal and universal King and priest in the order of Melchizedek. Hebrews 5:10; 6:20; 7:11; 7:17; 7:21
Abraham was called a Hebrew, Genesis 14:15, before Israel came into being through his grandson Jacob, so were not yet separated from the Gentiles. The Melchizedek type of priest is not of the earthly Jewish Levite type of priest to a particular nation (Israel) but is the spiritual, heavenly king and priest of the most high God to all the world.

In this age, all peoples have been shut into the prison of their disobedience….Romans 11:32, and the world is once again a world of just Gentiles. Their being a part of this present world, makes the Jews effectively Gentiles in God’s sight. Ethnic Israel is fallen, diminished and cast away. Romans 11:11-15 This has worked to everybody’s advantage by making a level playing field for those who seek God and become Christian. For those Jews who do accept the salvation offered by Jesus:
Now if the fall of them be the riches of the world, and the diminishing of them the riches of the Gentiles; how much more their fullness?   Romans 11:12

So there is no need to bless the State of Israel in order to receive a blessing from God in this present age. Jeremiah 14:10-12       In fact, because we are no longer strangers from the covenants of promise , Ephesians 2:12-13, and are the children of Abraham by faith, Galatians 3:7-9, it seems much more likely that those who bless members of the church of God will receive a blessing from God. The manifest wealth, power and (relative) humanity of Great Britain and the United States during their respective ‘golden eras’ is testimony that they were blessed of God for as long as they remained the hospitable home of true Christianity. Their decline is parallel to the moving away from their Christian values.

Now as we approach the end time events, we can expect this to happen:
Jeremiah 12:14-17 These are the Words of the Lord about all those evil neighbours who have encroached onto the land which I allotted to My people: Israel, as their holding: I shall uproot them. Also, I shall uproot Judah from among them, but after I have uprooted them, I shall have pity on them and bring them back to the Land. IF they will learn the ways of My people, THEN Judah can establish families among My people. But any nation that will not listen, I will destroy.    
This clearly stated prophecy, supported by the many other vividly described prophesies about the Lord’s Day of wrath, says how the Lord will virtually depopulate the entire holy Land area, including Judah. Ezekiel 21:1-8, Amos 2:4-5
My people: true Christian believers will re-populate the Land and only Christian Jews will be able to join them.

-------------

Date Posted: 11/14/2016 at 5:54pm

Many popular end-time preachers like to start their teachings about Israel in Romans 11:26, “And so in this way, all Israel will be saved.”
From here they declare that a future revival of the Jewish people will bring the entire nation of Israel to Jesus. This is an admirable sentiment, as our desire as Christians is for the entire world to become Christian, but it isn’t what Paul is saying.
Notice that in Romans 11:26, it begins with: And so in this way… Paul is about to conclude a premise that he has been developing. Most of Paul’s thought has been developed between chapters 9-11, but actually the right teaching on who are the true Israelites is threaded throughout the whole book of Romans.

In Romans, Paul is showing that God is no longer focused on ethnicity. No longer is race of any consequence, but faith is the distinguishing mark of God’s true people. Thus God shows no favouritism. Romans 2:10-11
According to Paul: A person is not a Jew who is one only outwardly, nor is circumcision merely outward and physical. No, a person is a Jew who is one inwardly; and circumcision is circumcision of the heart, by the Spirit, not by the written code. Such a person’s praise is not from other people, but from God. Romans 2:28-29
Paul goes on to assert that Abraham is not just the father of the Jewish people, but that he is the father of all those that walk in faith: Therefore, the promise comes by faith, so that it may be by grace and may be guaranteed to all Abraham’s offspring – not only to those who are of the law but also to those who have the faith of Abraham. He is the father of us all. As it is written: I have made you a father of many nations. Isaiah 51:1-8, Romans 4:16-17
The definitive statement from Paul on this comes in Romans 9:6-8 It is not as though God’s word had failed. For not all who are descended from Israel are Israel. Nor because they are his descendants are they all Abraham’s children. On the contrary: It is through Isaac that your offspring will be reckoned. In other words, it is not the children by physical descent who are God’s children, but it is the children of the promise who are regarded as Abraham’s offspring.

So far, Paul has stated that (1) God doesn’t show racial favour, (2) those that are of faith (no matter Jew or Gentile) are deemed to be Abraham’s descendants and (3) that those that are Abraham’s descendants in the natural (the Jews) aren’t considered to be Israel in the eyes of God automatically, only those that are holding to faith in Jesus are considered to be Israelites. Revelation 2:9…..some claim to be Jews, but are not, they belong to the synagogue of Satan.

Paul restates his argument in Romans 10:12: For there is no difference between Jew and Gentile – the same Lord is Lord of all and richly blesses all who call on him.
Try as some might to rebuild the wall of racial division, as those who hold to the rapture theory must do, Jesus came to tear that wall down and he made Jew and Gentile into one new man. That is a past-tense accomplished fact, not a promise for the future. John 10:16
And so in this way… In what way Paul? His conclusion is that God only regards people of faith in Jesus as the true Israel. It is in that way, all genuine Christian believers will be saved!

We Christians ARE His chosen: John 15:16, His children: 1 John 3:1, His sheep: Hebrews 13:20, and are the true Israelites of God: Galatians 6:16, Ezekiel 34:30-31

-------------

Date Posted: 11/16/2016 at 12:26pm

From the earliest time, God called Israel to be the focal point of His mediation, as a light to the Gentiles. Pay heed to Me, My people, listen My nation, instruction will shine forth from Me and My judgement will be a light for all peoples. Isaiah 51:4
As 1 Corinthians 10:4 and John 1:3 shows, it was Jesus Christ, even in the Old Testament period, who shone His light through Israel to the nations. However, when Israel turned away from God, Jesus stepped out of eternity to continue His divinely ordained role of a light to the world: As long as I am in the world, I am the light of the world. John 9:5
Upon His departure, Jesus conferred His presence upon the disciples, John 20:22, and they (and subsequently we) became the Israel which Christ utilizes to mediate His glory to the Gentiles. Mathew 5:14-16 You are the light of the world. Blessed are you, when men shall revile you, and persecute you, and shall say all manner of evil against you falsely, for My sake.
Acts 13:47 For so has the Lord commanded us, saying, I have set you to be a light for the Gentiles, that you should be for salvation unto the ends of the earth. And when the Gentiles heard this, they were glad, and glorified the word of the Lord: and as many as were ordained to eternal life believed. Paul confirmed that Christian believers are the light of the world, shining through our temples (our bodies), and this fulfilling Isaiah’s prophecy which says that the body of Christ is to be viewed as born again Israel, shining His light to the Gentiles. Isaiah 42:6, Isaiah 49:8

Many want to see the “Church” as another chosen body, which came into existence when the Jews rejected Christ. Some say that “Church” replaced Israel, while others, cognizant of the many Old Testament prophecies which promise the Lord will yet choose Israel, Isaiah 14:1, see a future regathering of ethnic Jews into salvation in Christ. However, salvation occurred in the Spirit of the Lord at the cross – and it obviously began in the first century. Many Jews did receive salvation then and have since. But to make two people, two promises out of it all, is quite wrong and only done in order to support the belief of a rapture, thereby making a further error.

Those true Christian believers who genuinely respond to the Gospel have become Spiritual Israel and the Messianic Jews are the remnant spoken of in Romans:
Even so then at this present time also there is a remnant according to the election of grace. And if that salvation is by grace, then is it no more of works: otherwise grace is no more grace. What then? Old Covenant Israel did not obtain that which they sought; but the election [born again Christians] has obtained it. Romans 11:5

Prophecy warns believers that the established Church, which has become apostate and a type of Babylon, parallels the Old Testament body of fallen Israel. As such, every person alive is now commanded to come out of her, as her judgment draws near. Revelation 18:1-24
Although many prophets regularly cite the come out of her statement in Revelation 18:4, few connect it to Christ’s imperative that we are to come unto Him in a direct, and personal way.         &n bsp;         &n bsp;         &n bsp;         &n bsp;         &n bsp;         &n bsp;    Ref: James Lloyd

-------------

Date Posted: 11/18/2016 at 1:02pm

Jeremiah 12:14-16 These are the Words of the Lord: I am against all those evil neighbours who have encroached onto the Land that My Israelite people will inherit. Take note; I will pluck them out from where they are now and also I will pluck out the House of Judah as well. After I have removed them, I will Return and have compassion on them, bringing them back to their heritage, if they will diligently learn the way of My people, to only swear by My Name: the Living God. But if they refuse, then I will completely remove and destroy them.
This Bible passage is extremely informative, it gives the Lord’s plans for three groups of people.
1/ The evil neighbours; The Islamic nations and entities surrounding Israel. Soon to be cleared out of the entire Middle East region by the terrible Day of the Lord’s wrath by fire from the sun. Psalms 83:1-18, Isaiah 30:25-30, Amos 1:1-11, 2:1-5
2/ The House of Judah, the Jewish people, currently inhabiting a part of the holy Land. The same fate as the neighbours, but a remnant will be saved. Isaiah 6:11-13, Zechariah 13:8-9
3/ My people; the true Israelites of God, every Christian believer, individuals from every tribe, race, nation and language. Revelation 5:9-10, 1 Peter 2:9-10
The story described here, is clear and concise: The Lord is about to solve all the Middle East problems, to a similar degree as how He reset civilization in Noah’s time. All the holy land will be depopulated excepting a small remnant of Messianic Jews who will shelter in bunkers in Jerusalem. Isaiah 29:4
This will allow the gathering and settling of His righteous Christian people into their heritage where they will, at last be the people He always wanted there; a people who will be His witnesses and display His light to the nations. Isaiah 43:10, Isaiah 49:8

-------------

Date Posted: 12/10/2016 at 6:48pm

Now take a look at who Paul said the true Israelites were:
Romans 2:28-29 He is not a Jew, [a member of the Israel of God] who is one outwardly; because of circumcision, which is displayed in the flesh: but he is an Israelite who is circumcision is of the heart, in the Spirit and not in the letter [or outward freshly lineage], whose praise is not of men, but of God.
Speaking to the New Covenant church, Colossians 2:11 he said, You are circumcised with the circumcision of Christ.
Christians are now the chosen and blessed Israelites, one people: the nation who have faith in God through the Lord Jesus Christ. Matthew 21:43

Paul received his understanding in all this by revelation from God, His secret purpose made known: Ephesians 3:1-6, Galatians 1:12.
Paul says: You, brethren should not be ignorant of this mystery. Romans 11:25
How often have people been asked to pray for the peace of Israel & Jerusalem? How often have you heard the contradiction of Jesus’ offer of universal salvation; that you, even though you are a Christian, are a Gentile and that the ethnic Jew is still the chosen of God? This false teaching is promoted by those who believe in a rapture to heaven of the Church, while ethnic Israel remains to undergo purification on earth. This idea is not supported by scripture.
Zechariah 12:1-14 describes the scene at the Return of Jesus, where a remnant of Judah will finally find their strength in the Lord and mourn for Him that they pierced.

The New Testament is all about God making a Way for a nation of Spiritual Israelites; Christians that would bring forth fruit consistent with their faithfulness and trust in God. Galatians 5:22-25
Many of the prophets had said that if Judah rejected God she would be pulled up by the roots and so she was: Luke 21:20-24, in 70 AD and will be again in the near future: Jeremiah 12:14, Isaiah 22:14
Jesus is declared to be the new tree of life and "the branches" consist of a newly chosen people called from every nation, John 15:1-17, to form the Christian Israel of God! Galatians 6:16 Ethnic Israelis are "natural branches" and have been broken off the ‘Olive Tree’, that Jesus is the root and sustainer of. Only be becoming Christian, can they be reattached to the tree of Life.

The Christian church is the circumcision. Circumcision; the Marked and set aside ones, also known as Nazarenes.
Paul said to the gentile church: Brethren: We are the circumcision, which worship God in the Spirit, rejoice in Christ Jesus and have no confidence in the flesh. Philippians 3:3; Colossians 2:11
Ephesians 2:11-18 also contrasts the saved & the unsaved, Christian believers and every other non-Christian person in the world.

-------------

Date Posted: 12/16/2016 at 10:54pm

Paul appeals to the well-known "remnant" promises of Israel's prophets to maintain his thesis that God's covenant promises have not failed, although natural Israel, as a nation, refused to accept the kingship of Messiah Jesus. It is not as though God's word had failed. For not all who are descended from Israel are Israel. Romans 9:6
Thus, Paul continues the Old Testament distinction of a spiritual Israel within national Israel. The 7000 who did not bend the knee to Baal, is an example. The prophets called this spiritual Israel "the remnant," and it was to be the bearer of God's covenant promises. In the faithful remnant, Israel continued always as the people of God. God provided the remnant by His sovereign grace and thus showed that in every judgment on natural Israel He did not reject those of His people who trusted and obeyed Him. The promise and faith belong inseparably together, as Paul states: The promise comes by faith, so that it may be by grace. Romans 4:16

In Paul’s view a natural Israelite has no right to claim God's covenant promise of "life and favor" that God has assured in both the Abrahamic and Mosaic covenants. Why not? Because faith and trust in the Lord and His Messiah are God's condition for receiving His blessings!
However, this condition is safeguarded and maintained in Israel's remnant, chosen by God's sovereign will.
A 'remnant' is not just a group of separate individuals, taken out of Jews and gentiles; it is itself the chosen people, it is the Israel of God. God's sovereign grace decides who shall belong to the 'remnant.' But according to God's election, and their free will acceptance, the 'remnant' has been brought to faith in Christ. Therefore, as the spiritual Israel, true Christians receive the fulfillment of the promise.
Paul continues the theology of the faithful remnant. Only the remnant will be saved. Romans 9:27; citing Isaiah 10:21-23 where a Jewish remnant returns to the Lord. Note: this happens after the holy Land is devastated by the Lord’s Day of wrath.
Paul's message is that God is faithful to His word because He has again graciously provided a believing remnant of ethnic Israel through the creative power of His promise: So too, at the present time there is a remnant chosen by grace. Romans 11:5

The whole line of legitimate heirs of the Mosaic and Abrahamic covenants are not the unbelieving natural descendants of Abraham: ethnic Israel, 1 Corinthians 10:18, but exclusively a spiritual Israel, the children of God. In other words, it is not the natural children who are God's children, but it is the children of the promise who are regarded as Abraham's offspring. Romans 9:8 Be they Jew or Gentile Christians.

The Israel "of the promise," the new community of faith in Christ, or the true church, is not restricted just to believing Jews. Paul states in Romans 9:24 that God calls all believing Christians; the church of Christ, not only from the Jews but also from the Gentiles. He supports this conclusion with an appeal to Hosea 2:23 and where God makes promises of restoration to the ten apostate tribes of Israel who had virtually become like their heathen captors in the Assyrian exile. Thus Paul explicitly applies the eschatological fulfillment of Hosea's restoration promises for Israel to the church of Christ as a whole, consisting of all the 12 tribes of Israel and the Gentiles grafted in, all the true Christian Israel of God.

-------------

Date Posted: 01/13/2017 at 12:59pm

In the New Testament it is Christians only and never ethnic Jews, who are revealed as God's chosen people and God's holy nation. A few thousand Jews did become Christians then and some are now. But for the rest, Jesus cursed the fig tree and called them members of the synagogue of Satan.
1 Peter 2:1-lO. They that are with Him [Christ] are called and chosen. [Revelation 17:14; Ephesians 1:4] Peter was writing to Christians: new born babes, lively stones, to a spiritual people, who are the holy priesthood, elect and precious.
The Lord Jesus has become the chief cornerstone of all these new and living stones. He is building only ONE spiritual nation, ONE spiritual temple!
Mathew 21:42. This is the Lord's doing and it is marvelous in our eyes.
Luke 3:8.Truly, God is able of these stones to raise up children unto Abraham.

As we have said, to be an Israelite of the promised seed, one must now be bringing forth good fruit of the spirit from "good ground" and not of the flesh, either in 30, 60, or up to 100 fold in God's spiritual measure - Mat.l3:23. Because the religious system of Israel rejected Christ as the chief cornerstone and bearer of good fruit, Jesus said to the Jews: The kingdom of God shall be taken from you [as a natural literal nation], and given to [newly incorporated Christian] a nation bringing forth the fruits thereof. Matthew 21:43
There is only one Way all must come - John 14:6 That way is not through natural lineage and inheritance but through the acceptance of God's grace found in, Jesus Christ the Lord. There is only one new Covenant and God makes that Covenant only with true believers.
Who is now and shall yet be a part of the new people of God? The natural Jews?
Yes, but only as individuals, as Christian Israelites in a totally new and different nation: citizens of a new city, a new government. They must come through Christ in the same manner as any nationality before they can become new citizens of this new nation in all that area promised to Abraham and his descendants by faith. Heb.11:10-16
Natural Israel did not obtain that which they sought, but the chosen people have attained it. Romans 11:7, Romans 8:29-30          ;           ;           ;           ;   

-------------

Print Page | Close Window