Print Page | Close Window

The preservation of Moses

Printed From: OpenHeaven.com
Forum Name: VOICE OF PROPHECY - Prophetic Words
Forum Discription: This forum is specifically for prophetic words and the discussion of those words.
URL: http://archive.openheaven.com/forums/forum_posts.asp?TID=21100
Printed Date: 01/17/2017 at 3:45pm

Topic: The preservation of Moses

Posted By: Sherry Mason
Subject: The preservation of Moses
Date Posted: 03/23/2008 at 8:54am

These are just a few simple words but I thought it might encourage somebody.

I watched the old 10 commandments with Charlton Heston last night just to have something "to do".  It's odd because as many times as I have seen it there was a lot I did not remember or saw with "new" eyes.

Moses has been kicked to the curb by Pharoah (forced to go out into the desert) and the narrator (I wish I could remember the exact words) begins to talk about how prophets and Holy men of God are made in desert wasteplaces and barren lands and how when the reach the end of their own strength and their flesh has been brought down to the dust by the "fire" of being in those desert places then they are finally ready to be molded and shaped by God (he may have also said "like Gold").

Wow!  Talk about feeling that sword go deep into my heart.  There were other scenes that struck me as well.  No one ever seemed to wonder how it was that Moses came to be preserved.  No one understood that it was God that had preserved Moses for "such a time as this" and what a miracle that perservation was.  In the midst of dark times, slavery, killing all the first born of the Israelites...400 years of calling out to God for help...in the midst of those times God effected what seemed like one small miracle.  He preserved the life of a baby.  But He did is so that a much greater event could occur. (Do not despise small beginnings).

We have certainly been preserved ourselves.  I think many of us would have been "dead" long ago because of the edict of Satan to kill us, the "firstborn".  We are the firstborn in many ways.  I am the first born of my own family (born again).  We are firstfruits of the season that is upon us because we are pioneers in coming out of the church system.  We are the firstborn of those who are becomming that true bride in this present age.  Satan certainly wants us dead and as much as we have gone through yet we can still say we have been preserved.  We have been preserved in the midst of much darkness as Moses was.

Why?  So He could mold us into being prophets and deliverers for the times that lay ahead.  We WILL go with signs and wonders and we WILL see a multitude brought into deliverance from their "captivity". 

I took hope from what I saw last night in that old movie.  It made me hungry again for the things of God...it made me once again see that as much as I think I am nothing in this world...it only takes one person being obedient to God to effect so great a salvation.  Moses didn't think he could go and be effective.  I feel the same way about myself.  But just in the "going" God met Moses in the midst of Egypt.  He will do the same for us.

Sherry

Replies:

Posted By: Woody Winchell
Date Posted: 03/23/2008 at 9:55am

Thanks Sherry. I watched the tail end of the movie too. Surely God has already prepared the way for His forerunners to lead into the Promise Land. May we whole-heartedly join Him as His lovesick bride

Woody

-------------
For His Purposes,
Woody Winchell
Please visit us at www.finalhourvoice.com
You may subscribe to "Prophet's Journal" at www.injesus.com

Print Page | Close Window