Print Page | Close Window

EQUALLY YOKED - Ron McGatlin

Printed From: OpenHeaven.com
Forum Name: VOICE OF PROPHECY - Prophetic Words
Forum Discription: This forum is specifically for prophetic words and the discussion of those words.
URL: http://archive.openheaven.com/forums/forum_posts.asp?TID=26397
Printed Date: 01/17/2017 at 11:58am

Topic: EQUALLY YOKED - Ron McGatlin

Posted By: Moderator
Subject: EQUALLY YOKED - Ron McGatlin
Date Posted: 02/20/2009 at 8:29am

Equally Yoked

By Ron McGatlin

We hear a lot today about spiritual relationships. Intimate relationship with God and relationally connected with one another as opposed to being structured in man-made authority levels and ranks. A distinction is being made between church as an organization and church as an organism.

Organization relates more to human natural thinking. It is practical and can be clearly and definitely defined and replicated by human logic and effort. In an organization personal relationships are of secondary importance while office, function, reputation, and performance are primary. This forms the basis for mostly impersonal, sterile, and structured connections.

Organism relates more to a spiritual living thing. An organism is not manufactured or made by man but somewhat mysteriously grows into being. It is mysterious only in the fact that the governing intelligence that gives structure, growth, and life to the organism is not visible to the natural eyes. Natural eyes do not see how a seed becomes a living, growing plant with intricate design and distinct characteristics which fulfill its designated function in the world. Unseen Spirit God designs the organism and designates its place of function in the world.

It is the seed of God, Christ Jesus, planted in the hearts of believers by the Holy Spirit that grows the life of Christ into the “ekklesia.” The church (ekklesia) is the called-out and gathered people of God and not a man-made system, place, or organization. It is a spiritually connected gathering together of living spiritual beings forming the Body and eventually the Bride of Christ.

Each Part Nourishes

Each member has his or hers God-designated function and supplies nourishing to the other spiritually connected members of the group. In the church, every person is nourished by the Christ-life in each person to which he or she is spiritually connected or joined.

Eph 4:16:  from whom the whole body, joined and knit together by what every joint supplies, according to the effective working by which every part does its share, causes growth of the body for the edifying of itself in love.

Col 2:19: ….holding fast to the Head, from whom all the body, nourished and knit together by joints and ligaments, grows with the increase that is from God.

The fruit of the Christ-life in each person flows into others that are spiritually joined or connected. But what happens if one fully-connected member joined to the group is filled with a mixture of darkness? Mixture in believers comes from a divided heart. A genuine desire to serve God is in one side of the heart. However, on the other side are personal need, desires, and ambition which lead to self-seeking and self-serving in addition to their God-seeking and God-serving. This condition is the sin of spiritual adultery. There is a distinction between a spiritual harlot and a spiritual adulterer. A total harlot has no husband (Jesus). An adulterer has a husband but is unfaithful to Him. 

• Spiritual harlotry is totally self-seeking and self-serving.
  • Spiritual adultery is God-seeking and God-serving while at the same time self-seeking and self serving.
  • The true Bride is only God-seeking and God-serving.

Spiritual adultery is a despicable sin of disobedience and dishonor to God. It will be very damaging to the adulterer and the Body. It opens the door for spirits of darkness to deceive and attack bringing all forms of evil including, but not limited to, greed, strife, fear, rebellion, disorder, sickness, disease, and death. Deceived adulterers do not know they are deceived and may believe their adversity comes because of their high place in God and their high level of revelation from God. Indeed, there may be real revelation, gifting, and a real call involved, but mixed with darkness this becomes very deceptive and dangerous.

The deception spreads to those connected.

What flows to those joined or connected to a person of adulterous mixture?  Obviously the “nourishment” that is infused into those connected is not only that of the Christ-life but also that which can lead to many disorders and in severe cases sickness and premature death. Unfortunately, what flows from the adulterer to the spiritually connected group is the deception and oppression of the evil mixture.

The attack can take many forms and if there is any place for a toe hold the enemy will attack those connected. In the more severe cases, there will be sickness, disease, maiming accidents, and premature deaths among the people spiritually connected in a group infected by this mixture of darkness. Some of the many other visible symptoms may be strife, including marital strife, fear (including phobias), inordinate affections, stress, and lack of true prosperity. The continued spiritual battling against these things by the group will not be fully successful until the spiritual adulterer is either purified or disconnected from the group.

One classic example of functioning spiritual adultery is sometimes referred to as merchandising the things of God. It is using God’s gifting and His people to fulfill personal ambition or self-focused goals or needs and desires. This will not be like this in the purified, holy Bride church.

Do not be confused, this does not mean not to fellowship with sinners in the world. We are to fellowship by flowing Jesus to sinners, but we are not to be closely connected and receiving strength from them. We are talking here about the spiritual connection and fellowship with brothers and sisters in the true church.

1 Cor 5:9-13:  I wrote to you in my epistle not to keep company with sexually immoral people. Yet I certainly did not mean with the sexually immoral people of this world, or with the covetous, or extortioners, or idolaters, since then you would need to go out of the world.

But now I have written to you not to keep company with anyone named a brother, who is sexually immoral, or covetous, or an idolater, or a reviler, or a drunkard, or an extortioner; not even to eat with such a person.

For what have I to do with judging those also who are outside? Do you not judge those who are inside? But those who are outside God judges. Therefore "put away from yourselves the evil person."

Being Set Free

Over the past 54 years of actively seeking to serve God I have been personally involved in several groups such as described above. In my experience it is very difficult for anyone to see the deception of a group infected with spiritual adultery from within the group. However, the physical symptoms of excessive, weird and unusual sickness, premature death, and many other works of the enemy are visible to even the natural senses.

If we find that much justification is required and must be invented to explain the attacks on the people and the lack of God’s protection and ability to overcome, there is need for further evaluation.  Usually separating from the connections and seeking the truth from God by the Holy Spirit will lead to the opening of our spiritual eyes and the removal of the shroud of deception from us.

Often if the whole group is deeply locked into the deceptions, the Lord will lead us to leave the group rather than try to deal with the spiritual adulterers embedded within the group. If we are sent of God to minister into such a situation we will be fully protected by God. On the other hand, if we are not sent by God, we put ourselves and our families into grave danger by entering and remaining within such a group.

2 Cor 6:17-7:1:  Therefore "Come out from among them and be separate, says the Lord. Do not touch what is unclean, and I will receive you. I will be a Father to you, And you shall be My sons and daughters, Says the LORD Almighty."

Therefore, having these promises, beloved, let us cleanse ourselves from all filthiness of the flesh and spirit, perfecting holiness in the fear of God.

Repentance will be involved in the cleansing and restoration of one affected by this attack.  Something within us allowed us to be drawn into and to remain in connection with a work of mixture. Rather than blame or accuse we must deal with our own lack and needs that allowed us to be deceived.

The ultimate answer is to be so saturated and filled with the love and power of the Holy Spirit that the work of Jesus and His shed blood and resurrection life can fully cleanse, heal, and fill our hearts and lives with the glory of righteousness, peace, and joy of the Lord in the Holy Spirit.

It is the Lord who heals us of all our neediness, cleanses us from all our lack, and fills us with faith to destroy the works of the enemy and flow the victorious Christ-life to everyone we spiritually connect with. This is the fountain of living water flowing out to dry and thirsty people seeking reality of God.

The work of the gifted apostle and prophet are here for the purpose of helping us to recognize and change these things. God will have a purified Bride – holy sons to whom He can entrust His kingdom on Planet Earth. God’s holy kingdom people are being formed and will arise on earth as humble sons of God, filled with the glory of God to pour out the love of God upon the entire world.

Keep on pursuing love.
It never fails.

Ron McGatlin

http://archive.openheaven.com/" target=_blank eudora="autourl - archive.openheaven.com
mailto:basileia@earthlink.net - basileia@earthlink.net

Replies:

Posted By: Kriston Couchey
Date Posted: 02/20/2009 at 10:25am

Amen Ron,

This is almost the story of my wife and I as we have been led of the Lord to leave places when it becomes apparent that a demonic stronghold is preffered rather then the freedom of the Spirit. We have been in situations where the tension becomes palpable as what the Spirit is saying becomes completely contrary to the working of the organizations. 

The Lord has shown me He is not building a network, a structure, an apostolic reformation, or a system, He is building HIMSELF.  He is forming the fullness of the stature of CHRIST in His body. And in Himself is no lording over or preferring one over another, but unity of purpose and heart. With various functons. The mind of men cannot concieve easily what He is doing apart from the cross which levels the playing field. 

This post has so much truth in it it is hard to even imagine. what is really sad is that majority of groups have this going on and it is "systemic" in nature. In other word's the deception is accepted as gospel truth. There is a lot of tearing down going to happen in a short period of time, and it will look like utter confusion for a time as the Lord deals with His people. But this is so that He might begin to build what HE is building, and not what men are building for Him. 

Heaven is my throne and earth is my footstool, where is the house you will build for me says the Lord?? 

Kris

-------------
One of the chosen foolish and weak
http://my.opera.com/Boanerges/blog/ - http://my.opera.com/Boanerges/blog/
kcouchey@gmail.com

Posted By: Kathy Bippus
Date Posted: 02/20/2009 at 9:03pm

amen! An organsim is not a structure but does have structure within itself.  each part functioning in Love producing the Life and Light( glory) of the organism..in this case, it is the ekklesia in whom Christ Jesus is the Life and Light and His Kingdom is the order of, being manifested. Love being the royal governing law.. as He is, is pure, holy, undefiled, unadulterated, and is faithful and true, as He is Faithful and True.

so agree, there is so much truth being shared here!

yes, He is building( forming) Himself.. being made known in and through the church! hallelujah!

Ron wrote: "The ultimate answer is to be so saturated and filled with the love and power of the Holy Spirit that the work of Jesus and His shed blood and resurrection life can fully cleanse, heal, and fill our hearts and lives with the glory of righteousness, peace, and joy of the Lord in the Holy Spirit."

-------------
In His Love

Posted By: Prema Laban
Date Posted: 02/20/2009 at 10:44pm

"The ultimate answer is to be so saturated and filled with the love and power of the Holy Spirit that the work of Jesus and His shed blood and resurrection life can fully cleanse, heal, and fill our hearts and lives with the glory of righteousness, peace, and joy of the Lord in the Holy Spirit.

It is the Lord who heals us of all our neediness, cleanses us from all our lack, and fills us with faith to destroy the works of the enemy and flow the victorious Christ-life to everyone we spiritually connect with. This is the fountain of living water flowing out to dry and thirsty people seeking reality of God."

Ron, what a beautiful description of where we are in the Spirit now: there has come such a stillness to my heart as I have allowed Him to lift to the surface all that needed to be cleaned and healed.

One of the areas He focused on was the 'God-complex'  that existed in me: I found I stayed longer in situations in disobedience because of the desire to fix things, make them right, if it has to be it's up to me....the list of excuses were endless...The hooks were all around. I found lending my ear to those who were still entangled and who gave me information that grieved me, made me stay in cycles longer. I have learnt the hard way, to allow Him to deal with all the alliances in my life and I have surrendered to His wisdom (to come to silence especially in not allocating blame was the hardest challenge), to refuse to engage, the longest struggle.

We are in this together and I appreciate you, Kathy and Kris as voices of truth in the Body of Christ that I belong to.

Love always

Prema

-------------
God has us in mind...
No eye has seen, no ear heard, no mind conceived...

Date Posted: 02/21/2009 at 4:32am

Kathy Bippus wrote:

amen! An organsim is not a structure but does have structure within itself.  each part functioning in Love producing the Life and Light

Thanx Kathy,

I will clarify what I wrote. Jesus Said "I will build my church (form the structure of my church)." He is building himself in His people as Only He knows how. We ARE the structure!!! The organism IS the structure. that is why we cannot add to what He is building, and when we do, it is not Him doing it.

So yes, He is building a structure, but it's cornerstone is Him, and the floors, walls, windows, roof, and pillars and of this temple are His people. Each in thier proper place. Connected by Love in complete harmony.

The point being made is that while apostolic reformation is coming, while structure exists, while "true connections/networks" exist, these are not the center of God's attention, becoming ONE with His PEOPLE is His center of attention, Jesus LONGS to express His heart for people through His people to the "church", and through the church to all the earth. This is the REALITY we are looking for in "church".

I shared with a group the other day that the provision God has given us for today is right here... And I pointed to the people in the room.

Truly He is making Himself available to us in each other if we will first of all be that for each other, and secondly have the humility to accept one another as being God's provision. It's not about becoming spiritually dependant upon another to hear God for us, or be God FOR us. That is what exists today in organisations of mixture.

It's being God's grace to each other to bring us fullness/perfection/completeness individually that we might attain fullness/perfection/completeness corporately.

It is about the church attaining the measure of the stature of Christ in UNITY and showing to the universe the manifold wisdom of God.

Many have lost sight of the the heart and purpose of God for the ages and have made lesser things the greater things and been distracted and built what He is not building; heirarchal structures, false apostolic reformation, and man enforced networks. These are systems that have as thier foundations the mixture and deception that keep people from seeing the heart and purpose of God for His people. This is also that which we are not to be unequally yoked with.

You cannot connect/yoke to that which requires you to connect/yoke in a way not fashioned/built by the Lord.

In Him
Kris

-------------
kcouchey@gmail.com

Posted By: Denise Detwiler
Date Posted: 02/21/2009 at 10:54am

Ron - Thank you for this timely and life-giving word! While meditating
on it and seeking His face and His adjustments regarding these areas...a
couple things came to mind.

One is a bit of a word for those who have remained faithful to a "house".
What came is this. At times we need to reexamine our "faithfulness to a
house" before the Lord, and make sure we are not clinging to a "house"
because there was once "family" there. Has the "family" left the "house"?
The main one being the Spirit of our Lord Jesus Christ. But also other of
the family having exited along with Him. There are times when He might
leave and we will see the spirit-family leave with Him and may possibly
misinterpret this as wrongful offense. I can recall Loren sharing once
regarding how God ushered him from a denomination who had become
utterly apostate. This was progressive, but there was a point at which
decisions had been made...and he was released from the work of the Lord
to restore and renew the group. Just felt this question needed to be
raised here for some people. It may have been the setting God placed
one in for a season and yet, a need to clearly see the ending of the
season.

This is by God's spirit and not by our eyes recognizing "problems" - we
may have been sent (and needing to patiently remain) as both
an agent of change and a recipient of change in the transformation
process. (this is far different from in our own strength attempting to
FORCE or ENFORCE change) because now much change and purification is
in fact happening. In all things we must walk it with Him and not
according to our own perceptions. One thing is very certain - that is that
these change agents will, of necessity, be totally unseen as being factors
of adding the weight to the scales. This is as it ought to be. It must not
be mens work, but only the work of God in and amongst His people.

We talked Monday night about what I hadn't thought on in a few
years...the kingdom is AMONG you...so it's all about collectiveness and
proper gathering together. The connecting may take some time to take
shape, as an embryo may take some time to come together and the cells
may look quite shapeless and purposeless for a time. Very blob-like and
yet, it is so very very wrong to end that life, is it not? God does the fitting
and the shaping and defining.

Regarding those who are sent to minister in those very bad "houses" who
are protected in the work: Usually those "sent" to help bring life into
those very bad places you speak of here...they are very invisible. I mean
they do stir and shake the status quo, but not by being rabble rousers
(altho at times they are accused of it) and trouble makers and they are not
seeking to seize domination and control...it's very different. However they
DO leave a very deep mark and lasting. They usually do not see this as
it's coming forth because it's deep in the foundational levels. They ARE
revolutionaries and are individually equipped to impact the setting they
have been sent to. And it's in an abasing and daily dying to bring forth
that resurrection life.

-------------

Posted By: Janine Nicole
Date Posted: 02/21/2009 at 11:39am

I really needed to hear this!!! I have to read it again. I could really use prayer insight, because I am facing this in my life in regards to my ex-husband and my daughter has been building close friendships with 2 girls from her school that are JW's. I need to know how to walk through this..and some things came to  a head today where I will need to make some huge decisions, also my mom is coming up for the week to stay with me who is also spiritually weak. The Lord has been protecting my daughter and I, alot has come to the light...very long story, but many years ago the Lord promised to restore my ex and I. This has been a long journey, where the Lord has moved in amazing ways..however, my ex is still unrepentant...so of course this causes confusion at times. Some major things came to light today in that situation...but this is a huge maturing process and I would appreciate any prayers for clear direction on how to proceed..I am not sure if the Lord is telling me to step away from all of this or not. My husband has currently come to the decision not to reconcile...however, I have been asking the Lord to do whatever He needs to in His life to bring him into right relationship with the Lord and also asked that God would protect my daughter and I through the process and I want to be discerning through this process..I do not want to stay where the Lord does not want me to stay. I do believe the Lord is going to bring some refining in this situation, I have alot to pray about!! Would sooooo appreciate prayer and I do not know if this needs to be moved to the prayer forum...but this article struck a cord with me....

Date Posted: 02/21/2009 at 12:30pm

thanks Kriston,

i was referring to being a organism in which He is forming Himself. in other words a body, which is an individual made up of many parts. this body being individual, is one, yet many members and being individual is separate from all others..meaning separate from the kingdom of darkness unto the Kingdom of Light.

Just as an organism is not a organization, but it does have organization within itself..which is orderly structure of cells.

an organism possesses all these characteristics:  life, orderly structure(organization), produce offspring, grow and develope and adjusts to change in enviroment.

as Ron was sharing of groups, which the church is an organism, there is also a community of organisms.

okay, these are the lines in which i was thinking, according to biology( the study of life) which truly reflects His Life, His Kingdom, His Family, His Body, His Church etc.

An organization( orderly stucture of cells) can not in itself produce life/Life..in this reference, it is only the quickening Spirit which does so. we can see in this little bit how man will build or devise that gives no Life as the Spirit is not in it...the flesh profits nothing but the Spirit gives Life. also in Ezk.37

blessings, : )

-------------
In His Love

Date Posted: 02/21/2009 at 12:42pm

We are on the same page Kathy!!!!

Kris

-------------
kcouchey@gmail.com

Date Posted: 02/21/2009 at 1:39pm

yep yep yep!  i thought others may see it as a matter of semantics but of a truth..all of heaven and earth declare His Glory! hallelujah!

-------------
In His Love

Posted By: Julie Gilbert
Date Posted: 02/21/2009 at 2:15pm

Bravo Lord Jesus... thank you for using Ron to articulate Your reality so well!  love you alls!

-------------
See, the former things have taken place, and new things I declare; before they spring into being I announce them to you. Forget the former things; do not dwell on the past. See I am doing a new thing

Posted By: Gayle Getz
Date Posted: 02/21/2009 at 3:20pm

Yep,,,saturated in the OIL OF HOLY SPIRIT! Like the scientific world says, 'you don't become the glass of water'. Ah but, spiritually, you and the water become ONE-saturated...like Kris said, 'fullness, perfection, completeness'. The GOD of love living, moving and causing HIS BEING to spring forth as 'rivers of living water' from our bellies.

-------------
Shalom-nothing missing, nothing broken-Gayle

Posted By: Ron McGatlin
Date Posted: 02/23/2009 at 4:48am

Kriston wrote:
Quote:
This post has so much truth in it it is hard to even imagine. what is really sad is that majority of groups have this going on and it is "systemic" in nature. In other word's the deception is accepted as gospel truth. There is a lot of tearing down going to happen in a short period of time, and it will look like utter confusion for a time as the Lord deals with His people. But this is so that He might begin to build what HE is building, and not what men are building for Him.
(Emphasis mine.)

Yes, Kriston the truth is that most "Christian" ministry is attacked by spiritual adultery. The distinction is just a mater of degrees. Some may function to a greater degree in the self-serving part and others more in the God-serving part. The enemy may be more active in those who have been given revelation of the kingdom of God in an effort to stop or prolong the greater fullness of the kingdom coming forth on earth. God will have a holy kingdom people -  a purified Body made whole - a beautiful pure and clean prepared Bride. Praise God!

Ron

Posted By: Philip Hanson
Date Posted: 02/23/2009 at 9:45am

Apostolic ministry and the Bride

True apostolic ministry understands the relationship of the Bridegroom and the Bride, and true apostolic ministry understands that their role is to prepare the Bride for the Bridegroom.

As the Apostle Paul said about the relationship between the Bridegroom and the Bride:

“This is a profound mystery” Eph. 5:32

The relationship between the Bridegroom (Jesus) and the Bride is still a great mystery to many today, especially those who are in leadership in the church.

What keeps it a great mystery to many is that leaders do not honor the Bridegroom (Jesus) and lift the Lord Jesus up, and reverence Him, and give Him the place that only He has, which is a place that the Father has given Him -

Philippians 2:

9 Therefore God exalted him to the highest place

and gave him the name that is above every name,

10 that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow,

in heaven and on earth and under the earth,

11 and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord,

to the glory of God the Father.

Psalm 45 is a psalm about the Lord Jesus as Bridegroom.  We understand this by reading Hebrews chapter 1.  Hebrews chapter 1 points out the Psalm 45 is about Jesus the Bridegroom.  Psalm 45 shows us the Bridegroom, and the Bride.  But the Bridegroom is the One Who is honored and lifted up.  After we see the Bridegroom in all His splendor, then we see the Bride.  And so it is today.  We can only see the Bride after we have correctly positioned and honored the Bridegroom.  When we honor Jesus as the Bridegroom, we are agreeing with our Heavenly Father.  When Jesus the Bridegroom is fully in view, then, and only then, does the Bride become visible.  The Bride exists within a context.  The Bride of the Lord Jesus is THE BRIDE OF THE LORD JESUS.  Many leaders today do not honor Jesus as the Bridegroom, and they do not understand that the Bride only exists within the context (and relationship) of and with the Bridegroom, the Lord Jesus.  So, leaders in the church put themselves in a place between the Bridegroom and the Bride, desiring the Bride for themselves.  This is an incredibly dangerous place to be.

If we view the Apostle Paul as a person with a valid apostolic ministry, then we should listen to him, and understand that he has things to say to us today.

We wonder why there are so many problems in the church today.  It’s primarily because leaders do not understand that “the bride is for the bridegroom.”

The Apostle Paul understood this.  In his second letter to the church at Corinth, he shows that he understands that Jesus is the Bridegroom (“I promised you to one husband, to Christ”), and he understands that the church at Corinth is part of the Bride (“so that I might present you as a pure virgin to him.”)

The Apostle Paul saw his role as that of a eunuch.  Because of that, his role and goal was that of a preparer of the Bride, to be the wife of the Lord Jesus.  The Apostle Paul also saw that the Holy Spirit was preparing the Bride.  That is the purpose of the spiritual gifts (see 1 Cor. 12).  The Holy Spirit gives spiritual gifts to prepare the Bride to be a supernatural partner for the Lord Jesus.

One of my personal pet peeves is when church leaders start talking about authority.  I just heard it this last Sunday at my church.  Hebrews 13:17 is quoted, and it says “OBEY” your leaders.  Unfortunate, that the translators chose to use the word “obey”, instead of what it really means, which is “be persuaded by” your leaders.  Check it out for yourself.  Don’t take my word for it.  “Study to show yourself approved.” 

Jesus made this accurate statement (and audacious, to some) just before He ascended –

"All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me.”  It is still on record, and is still reverberating.  Wouldn’t it be nice if when a leader quoted Hebrews 13:17 (OBEY ME!) , they would also quote Jesus saying, "All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me.”  But that would negate their point, wouldn’t it?

There is a great danger in preaching “another Jesus” (2 Cor. 11:4) .  This “another Jesus” has some “interesting” qualities:

The “another Jesus” is impotent.

This “another Jesus” looks a lot like an idol; that is, can’t talk, can’t move, needs the human leader to talk and move for him.

This “another Jesus” is a faint shadow compared to the King of kings and Lord of lords.

Let us agree with the Apostle Paul about those who are preaching another “gospel”, about “another Jesus.”  Their destiny is to be eternally condemned!

Galatians 1:6 I am astonished that you are so quickly deserting the one who called you by the grace of Christ and are turning to a different gospel-- 7 which is really no gospel at all. Evidently some people are throwing you into confusion and are trying to pervert the gospel of Christ. 8 But even if we or an angel from heaven should preach a gospel other than the one we preached to you, let him be eternally condemned! 9 As we have already said, so now I say again: If anybody is preaching to you a gospel other than what you accepted, let him be eternally condemned!

This is the testimony of the Apostle Paul

“I promised you to one husband, to Christ, so that I might present you as a pure virgin to him.”

2 Cor. 11:1 I hope you will put up with a little of my foolishness; but you are already doing that. 2 I am jealous for you with a godly jealousy. I promised you to one husband, to Christ, so that I might present you as a pure virgin to him. 3 But I am afraid that just as Eve was deceived by the serpent's cunning, your minds may somehow be led astray from your sincere and pure devotion to Christ. 4 For if someone comes to you and preaches a Jesus other than the Jesus we preached, or if you receive a different spirit from the one you received, or a different gospel from the one you accepted, you put up with it easily enough. 5 But I do not think I am in the least inferior to those "super-apostles." 6 I may not be a trained speaker, but I do have knowledge. We have made this perfectly clear to you in every way.

This was the testimony of John the Baptist

John the Baptist said this incredible gem of wisdom –

“The Bride belongs to the Bridegroom!”

JN 3:27 To this John replied, "A man can receive only what is given him from heaven. 28 You yourselves can testify that I said, `I am not the Christ but am sent ahead of him.' 29 The bride belongs to the bridegroom. The friend who attends the bridegroom waits and listens for him, and is full of joy when he hears the bridegroom's voice. That joy is mine, and it is now complete. 30 He must become greater; I must become less.

31 "The one who comes from above is above all; the one who is from the earth belongs to the earth, and speaks as one from the earth. The one who comes from heaven is above all. 32 He testifies to what he has seen and heard, but no one accepts his testimony. 33 The man who has accepted it has certified that God is truthful. 34 For the one whom God has sent speaks the words of God, for God gives the Spirit without limit. 35 The Father loves the Son and has placed everything in his hands. 36 Whoever believes in the Son has eternal life, but whoever rejects the Son will not see life, for God's wrath remains on him."

Posted By: Mark Reece
Date Posted: 02/23/2009 at 11:55am

Philip wrote:

“The Apostle Paul saw his role as that of a eunuch.  Because of that, his role and goal was that of a preparer of the Bride, to be the wife of the Lord Jesus.  The Apostle Paul also saw that the Holy Spirit was preparing the Bride.”

Allow me to suggest that eunuch is the wrong term. The following is a description of the role of the shoshabin from Adam Clarke’s (1715-1832) commentary on John 3:

There are many very important topics brought forward in this chapter; the principal of which have been already illustrated in the notes: the subject in the 29th verse is of great consequence, and requires some farther explanation.

The friend of the bridegroom is the person called among the Jews שושבי  shoshabin; and παρανυμφος, paranymph, among the Greeks. Several matters are found in the Jewish writings relative to these, which may serve to throw light, not only on the discourse of John, but also on other passages of Scripture.

1.    There were generally two shoshabinim; one for the bride, another for the bridegroom: though in many instances we find the shoshabin of the bride only mentioned.

2.   These officers were chosen out of the most intimate and particular friends of the parties: - a brother might be shoshabin or paranymph to his brother.

3.   Though it is probable that such persons were not always found in ordinary weddings, yet they were never absent from the marriages of kings, princes, and persons of distinction.

4.   The Jews believe that this was an ordinance appointed by God; and that he himself was shoshabin to Adam. But in Bereshith Rabba it is said, that God took the cup of blessing and blessed the first pair; and that Michael and Gabriel were shoshabins to Adam.

5.   So important was this office esteemed among them, that it wag reckoned one of the indispensable works of charity: much depending on the proper discharge of it, as we shall afterwards find.

6.   Those who were engaged in this office, were excused, for the time, from some of the severer duties of religion, because they had so much to do about the new-married pair, especially during the seven days of the marriage feast.

These shoshabinan had a threefold office to fulfill, viz. before, at, and after the marriage: of each of these in order.

I.    Before the marriage: it was the business of the shoshabin: -

1.  To procure a husband for the virgin, to guard her, and to bear testimony to her corporeal and mental endowments; and it was upon this testimony of this friend that the bridegroom chose his bride.

2. He was the internuncio between her and her spouse elect; carrying all messages from her to him, and from him to her: for before marriage young women were very strictly guarded at home with their parents or friends.

II.  At the wedding: it was the business of the shoshabin, if necessary: -

1.  To vindicate the character of the bride.

2. To sleep in an apartment contiguous to the new-married pair, to prevent the bride from receiving injury.

3. It was his office to see that neither the bride nor bridegroom should be imposed on by each other; and therefore it was his business to examine and exhibit the tokens of the bride’s purity, according to the law, Deu_22:13-21. Of their office, in this case, the rabbins thus speak: Olim in Judea paranymphi perscrutati sunt locum (lectum) sponsi et sponsae - ad scrutandum et officiose observandum ea, quae sponsi illa nocte fecerint: ne scilicet alter alteri dolo damnum inferat: ne sponsus sanguinem virginitatis agnoscat, illum celet aut tollat: et ne sponsa pannum sanguine tinctum secum inferat.

4. When they found that their friend had got a pure and chaste virgin, they exulted greatly; as their own character and the happiness of their friend, were at stake. To this the Baptist alludes, Joh_3:29, This my joy is fulfilled.

5. They distributed gifts to the new-married couple, which, on their marriage, were repaid either by their friend, or by his father. The same thing is done at what are called the biddings, at marriages in Wales, to the present day.

6. They continued with the bride and bridegroom the seven days of the marriage, and contributed variously to the festivity and hilarity of the occasion.

III.   After marriage.

1.  The shoshabin was considered the patron and advocate of the wife, and in some sort her guardian, to which the apostle alludes, 2Co_11:2. He was generally called in to compose any differences which might happen between her and her husband, and reconcile them when they had been at variance.

2. They appear to have had the keeping of the marriage contract, which in certain cases they tore; when they had reason to suspect infidelity on the part of the woman, by which the marriage was dissolved; and thus the suspected person was prevented from suffering capitally. Schoettgen produces a case like this from R. Bechai, in legem, fol. 114. “A king visited foreign parts, and left his queen with her maids: they raised an evil report on her, and the king purposed to put her to death. The shoshabin hearing of it, tore the matrimonial contract, that he might have it to say, the marriage is dissolved. The king, having investigated the case, found the queen innocent: she was immediately reconciled to her husband, and the shoshabin was directed to write another contract.”

3. Schoettgen very modestly hazards a conjecture, that, if the husband had either abandoned or divorced his wife, the shoshabin took her, and acted to her as a brother-in-law; which is probable from the place to which he refers, Jdg_14:20 : But Samson’s wife was given to his companion, whom he had used as his friend: or, as both the Syriac and the Targum have it, she was given, שושביניה  shoshebeeneyah, to his paranymph; which is agreeable to the Alexandrian copy of the Septuagint, Και συνῳκησεν ἡ γυνη Σαμψων τῳ Νυμφαγωγῳ αυτου, ὁς ην ἑταιρος αυτου. And Samson’s wife dwelt (or cohabited) with his paranymph, who had been his companion. The same reading is found in the Complutensian Polyglott.

From the preceding particulars, collated with the speech of John in Joh_3:29, and with the words of St. Paul, 2Co_11:2, it is plain that Christ is represented as the Bridegroom: the Church, or his genuine disciples, the Bride: the ministers of the Gospel, the שושבינים  Shoshbeenim, whose great and important duty it is to present to the bridegroom a pure, uncontaminated virgin, i.e. a Church without spot, or wrinkle, or any such thing, Eph_5:27, alluding evidently to the office of the paranymph, on whom the bridegroom depended to procure him, for wife, a chaste and pure virgin. Hence that saying of St. Paul, who considered himself the paranymph to Jesus Christ: I am jealous over you with godly jealousy: for I have espoused you to one husband, that I may present you as a chaste virgin to Christ, 2Co_11:2.

From all these particulars, we see that the office of the shoshabin, or paranymph, was a very important one among the Jews; and that, to it, some interesting references are made in the New Testament, the force and true meaning of which passages cannot be discerned without considering the character and office of the Jewish paranymph. See several good observations on this in Lightfoot’s notes on Joh_2:1, and Schoettgen, on Joh_3:29.

As the Christian Church was now to take place of the Jewish, and the latter was about to be cast off because it was polluted, John, by using the simile of the bride, bridegroom, and paranymph, or friend of the bridegroom, points out, as it were prophetically, of what kind the Christian Church must be: it must be as holy and pure as an uncontaminated virgin, because it is to be the bride or spouse of our Lord Jesus Christ: and God honors the Baptist by making him the paranymph; and indeed his whole preaching and baptism were excellently calculated to produce this great effect, as be strongly proclaimed the necessity of a total reformation of heart and manners, among all classes of the people. See the notes on Mat_3:8-12 (note), and on Luk_3:10-14 (note). He heard the bridegroom’s voice - he faithfully communicated what he had received from heaven, Joh_3:27, and he rejoiced exceedingly to find that he had got a people prepared for the Lord. The success of John’s preaching greatly contributed to the success of that of Christ and his disciples. For this purpose he was endued with power from on high, and chosen to be the paranymph of the heavenly bridegroom.

Date Posted: 02/23/2009 at 12:44pm

FireHose – ON!

It is an interesting concept, and one that I was not entirely familiar with.

But, I am inclined to stay with the term “eunuch”.  I think the term eunuch has much more meaning in terms of Biblical teachings, with the Scriptures being the primary source.

In the context of a Bride and a Bridegroom, there is only one book that expounds on the preparation of the Bride; and that is the book of Esther.

In the book of Esther, a young lady named Esther was taken into the king’s harem, and at that time officially became a concubine of the king; that is, his property, and a potential queen.  But one of the concubines would not go back to regular life, the one she lived before.

Esther was prepared to be the wife of the king by a eunuch. 

Esther 2:

15 When the turn came for Esther (the girl Mordecai had adopted, the daughter of his uncle Abihail) to go to the king, she asked for nothing other than what Hegai, the king's eunuch who was in charge of the harem, suggested. And Esther won the favor of everyone who saw her. 16 She was taken to King Xerxes in the royal residence in the tenth month, the month of Tebeth, in the seventh year of his reign.

17 Now the king was attracted to Esther more than to any of the other women, and she won his favor and approval more than any of the other virgins. So he set a royal crown on her head and made her queen instead of Vashti. 18 And the king gave a great banquet, Esther's banquet, for all his nobles and officials. He proclaimed a holiday throughout the provinces and distributed gifts with royal liberality.

Other terms for those who prepare the Bride may be acceptable.  But, they do not convey the sense of the term eunuch.

A eunuch is one who has been rendered unable to have children. 

The eunuch does not have desire for the Bride. 

The eunuch has one desire; to please the king. 

The eunuch does not have a primary desire to be a “friend” of the bride. 

The eunuch and the bride may have an acquaintance, but in terms of Esther, I would think it unlikely that the eunuch would consider himself to be a “friend” of the bride.

I guess you can go with whatever term you like, but the end of this, for me, is –

(and this following is not specifically for any person in this thread, so don’t take it personally, unless you should)

KEEP YOUR STINKIN’ HANDS OFF THE BRIDE! 

DON’T DESIRE HER, AND DON’T DESIRE HER STUFF.

REMEMBER THAT SHE IS DESTINED TO BE THE WIFE OF THE LORD JESUS.

THE LORD JESUS IS NOT GOING TO SHARE THE BRIDE WITH YOU.

IF YOU COME BETWEEN THE LORD JESUS AND HIS BRIDE, WATCH OUT!

IT IS NOT LIKELY THAT YOU WILL COME AWAY FROM ENCOUNTERING THE JEALOUS BRIDEGROOM IN ONE PIECE!

AND IF YOU READ THIS, DON’T SAY YOU WEREN’T WARNED!

I had an interesting experience about 10 years ago.

I was having lunch with a friend/mentor/pastor.  This person had been divinely sent to mentor me and my wife for a season.

I had been learning about the Bride, and so the following is basically one part of a lunch conversation that we had about the Bride.

I said, ‘Dave, what would you do if someone tried to come between you and your bride (Dave’s wife)?”

Dave replied, “I would kick his butt!”

I responded, “Dave, that is exactly what Jesus is doing today to those who are coming between Him and His Bride.”

I think there are quite a few today who have left the “ministry” wounded and bloodied, and had no understanding that Jesus the Bridegroom was really all that interested in His Bride.  If you are able to read this and understand, take great care in how you touch the Bride of the Lord Jesus.

FireHose - Off

Date Posted: 02/23/2009 at 12:44pm

There is a principle Phillip is bringing out that is true, the BRIDE DOES belong to the bridegroom, and men have taken possession of her for themselves. Eunuch or no Eunuch preparing her, the servants of God better act like one when it comes to her passions. The fact is there is a harlotry that is rampant and it invovles stealing the purity and virginity of the bride unto men and thier works and making her a harlot by stealing the affections, intimacy, allegiance and desire that should be reserved for the Lamb alone.   

This is found in a host of false teachings that are nothing more then self serving doctrines that take away from the lordship/headsip of Christ alone. The antichrist spirit that is promoting these teachings is fighting hard to keep men bound in these perversions, but it is being overcome. Praise God!!!

Kris

-------------
kcouchey@gmail.com

Posted By: Mark Reece
Date Posted: 02/23/2009 at 1:19pm

The court of a pagan king, staffed by mutilated slaves is not representative of the court of the High and Holy King of Kings which is staffed by His brothers – sons of one Father.

Stow your hose and read the article again.

Both John the Baptist and Paul refer directly to this Jewish custom to describe their relationship to the Bride of Christ, the Church. There is much to learn about un-mutilated, fully functioning friends of the Bridegroom, who dearly and deeply love the Bride, but love the Bridegroom more. They labor with glorious abandon – without the safety net of being unable to desire what is not theirs or the chains of fear that they might be further maimed by an angry and jealous tyrant. It is the anticipation of the joy of their Lord at His wedding that restrains them and keeps them on course. It is love, not fear.

mark

Date Posted: 02/23/2009 at 2:20pm

Stow the hose?  You know not whereof you speak (this is meant to be humorous, not personal).

I can turn it off, but I don’t know if I can stow it.  I will ask Holy Spirit what He thinks about that.

We do have a significant difference in opinion about the value of the book of Esther to shed light on the relationship between the Bridegroom King and the Bride.

I have a long (over 25 year history) of being taught out of the book of Esther.  All I can say is, it just keeps getting better and better.

One of the great teachers of the book of Esther is Major Ian Thomas.  I came across a series on audio cassette around 1985, and gained greatly from it.  Major Ian Thomas taught how the major players in the book of Esther represented:

King corresponded to the Lord Jesus

Esther corresponded to the Bride

Vashti corresponded to the part of the church that will not follow Jesus

Mordecai corresponded to Holy Spirit

I don’t recall if Ian Thomas taught about the eunuchs, but he might have.

If you could hear it, you would understand how my understandings came to be. 

So, if we can come to some level of agreement about how the Bride should be treated, then good and well.  I just happen to like what I have been taught, both by men and Holy Spirit.

Interestingly enough, another person some years ago had a similar response to the idea of the eunuch.   When they heard of the concept, their response was “Ouch!”, after which they rejected the concept.

The concept is not one of physical mutilation, but of setting concrete spiritual boundaries that one is able to stay within.  The concept of eunuch is a great one for those who are in contact with the Bride.  It sets boundaries.

I find that in the day we live in, leaders in the church seem to have no reluctance to touch the Bride inappropriately.  I just believe that I have been given a level of truth by Holy Spirit to convey to some, so that they can adequately prepare the Bride, fully knowing and understanding their role, and not going outside the boundaries to the point of touching the Bride in an inappropriate way.

Hopefully there can be a level of agreement on this:

It is a dangerous thing to touch the Bride of the Lord Jesus in an inappropriate way.

Date Posted: 02/23/2009 at 4:17pm

Philip Hanson wrote:

The concept is not one of physical mutilation, but of setting concrete spiritual boundaries that one is able to stay within.  The concept of eunuch is a great one for those who are in contact with the Bride.  It sets boundaries.

I find that in the day we live in, leaders in the church seem to have no reluctance to touch the Bride inappropriately.  I just believe that I have been given a level of truth by Holy Spirit to convey to some, so that they can adequately prepare the Bride, fully knowing and understanding their role, and not going outside the boundaries to the point of touching the Bride in an inappropriate way.

Hopefully there can be a level of agreement on this:

It is a dangerous thing to touch the Bride of the Lord Jesus in an inappropriate way.

Philip,

I know what you are saying is a priority on the Lord's heart, it is hard to hear Eunuch, but the concept is "setting boundaries" as you wrote. If you are called to be an equipper or elder in the body, you will have the temptation to enter into inappropriate "spiritual" relationships with people, there is a spirit that will come to tempt your flesh you must overcome it, and you MUST learn to spurn the advances of those in the body that would draw you into being their lover in the way the Lord Himself wants to be with them. You MUST point them to the Lord, and they may receive it as rejection even when you explain that the Lord is to be their head, not yourself. 

"Leaders" who have unhealed hurts, or unmet needs for acceptance or approval are ripe for entering into this error, and even those who have reached a level of security in the Lord can be led astray if they give thier flesh a foothold. Even so, these leadership errors are taught as being the Lord's desire and plan for the church, it happens in full view of men, while those who see it and reject it are called rebels and lonerangers for not bowing to this adultery. MOST current Christian organizations are rooted in this error, thier foundations being men and not the Lord Himself.  

This inappropriate relationship issue is the biggest hindrance in the body I see today, and it is a form of adultery in the church. Here is a little poem i write a while ago about this that is on this forum, but was edited because someone took offense at it's content. It's called "I'm more than an Apostle"

I just reposted this on my blog because I think it is time to again. Here is the story that I heard from Charisma before I wrote this poem.

At a charismatic conference in an East Coast city recently, a pastor stood on a stage in front of a large crowd and smugly announced that the guest speaker was “more than an apostle.” Then the host asked everyone to bow down to the person, claiming that this posture was necessary to release God’s power.

“This is the only way you can receive this kind of anointing!” the host declared, bowing in front of the speaker. Immediately, about 80 percent of the audience fell prostrate on the floor. The few who were uncomfortable with the weird spiritual control in the room either walked out or stood in silent protest.

This is extreme, but where is the apostle who will lay down their own life for the sheep? who would lay down thier NEED for ministry postion and place to serve the bride? I see hirelings getting their pay and adulterous relationships with the bride in full sight of all and no one blinks an eye.

But this kind of adultery is as simple as being the sole source of preaching, teaching, and counseling in a group and people remaining dependent on you.

Kris

-------------
kcouchey@gmail.com

Date Posted: 02/23/2009 at 4:52pm

I think I caught what was being stated there in the resource Mark
provided. It was merely stating that The apostles and Jesus were not
making reference to ancient Persian customs nor to the book of Esther,
but rather to the Jewish customs they had both lived inside and which
many others would have had some familiarity with. Using that custom to
make analogy to their relationship to the churches.

Actually, acting from fear in any direction is sure to move things the
wrong way...well, maybe the wrong type of fear. It would be equally
fearful and also heading in a not great direction to totally withdraw from
all moves to come into alignment...o so hard to get good descriptive
words here without using over-used ones....with some of those folks
described in the initial article because of the fear created by "so many
wrong ones" "out there". It can make us very complicated in our
approach and not simple and pure and unfettered. He so wants us to be
free and simple and clean! One could use the same type of fear --
"wellllll, now lets not talk about God and Jesus Christ (or the Holy Spirit)
and steer clear of them, cuz there's been some very false wrong and even
evil stuff done and said in their names..."

actually i have known numerous people who have taken that
approach..and having heard some of their stories..they have some very
legit and excruciating stories to tell. they are very sure this is
wisdom...but it's wisdom born of fear and hurt. and their alternative
religious system is very complicated and they are not free.

The extreme under-statement was that many Christian ministries are yet
imperfect was made. This allows for the chance (with God all things are
possible) that out there somewhere there is a perfect and wholly pure
group of people. One which has entirely completed the corporate
transformation to the very and unadulterated image of Christ. I am
saying this with the utmost sobriety. I am not being sarcastic. When I
read that post, I was reminded of the marriage..and how the joining
together of just these two people is so holy and so God..but also how the
two are not instantly purged of self in that joining...some people would
flee all marriages in fear because of that, some do. And have very messy
complicated and off balance lives, some of them, as a result. (not
speaking here of ones called by God to remain alone)

Other ones go into marriages armed with a complicated
network of sheilds, protective measures, armor, walls, hedges, weaponry
(only to protect one's self understand) contracts and provisions attorneys
and negotiating plans, bargaining chips, accounts would be kept and
carefully rigidly enforced, etc.....very complicated..the good loving spouse
would gradually disarm and free through love and devotion. And would
probably grow to be more selfless and transform in the process...

-------------

Date Posted: 02/23/2009 at 6:09pm

Denise,

I understand what you are saying that we are in a state of transformation. We are all in that state. As Paul said,

Brethren, I do not reckon to have laid hold of it yet, but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind and extending myself unto those things which are ahead, I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus. Let us, therefore, as many as are perfect, be thus minded; and if in anything ye are otherwise minded, God shall reveal even this unto you. Nevertheless, in that unto which we have already attained, let us walk by the same rule, let us have the same mind.

We must always be pressing into the perfection Christ is calling us into. BUT, We must live by what we have already attained. I know better then to submit to a false leadership system, or promote one, and I have been rebuked for aligning myself with those that are in this adultery. Adultery is NOT His desire for His people. Being in innapropriate relationships are keeping his people from fullness. This is the sobering fact.

The reality is, coming into alignment with brothers and sisters is a work of the Lord, and not like the church system today makes it to be.

i am in alignment with others who ARE likeminded and have attained a measure of REAL freedom in relationships because this adulterous type of ministry is not tolerated. It isn't complicated at all, We LOVE one another as brothers and sisters, and enjoy one another. Just like the brohters and sisters in my family love and enjoy one another without having to figure out who is in charge and who we should all be accountable to. Religion is complicated, love is FREE!! Praise God!

Many use truth as a weapon of fear, i am not doing that in the case of the church bound to leadership innapropriately. I am shown it in order to speak to it personally.

I am speaking to an issue of inaproprite leadership realtionships that is clearly been brought to light by Ron in his teachings.

It is not about fear, it is about obedience. And more then that; the Cross. Most great men and women of God have faced infamy for the sake of following the Lord on the lonely road where He was going, even from "good" men and women of God. How much are we willing to stand for what is the Lord's weeping desire, to have His bride for Himself? He will reward His people according to how they were willing to be dishonored and disgraced for His Name.

you seem to have a fear about those who aren't in the current church algnments. Don't worry about alternative religious systems, THAT is fear. By the way, it ain't lonesome to withdraw to be with the Lord and His outcasts, His presence is there more then you know. And if someone actually stood up for the truth it might make a leader who is himself decieved think twice about whether they might need to change in order to get in line with what God is trying to do in this day.

Kris   

-------------
kcouchey@gmail.com

Date Posted: 02/23/2009 at 6:59pm

I am not sure which of the three examples I used that you perceived to
reflect fear on my part Kris, the ones afraid to connect with the ONE God,
those who fear proper connecting in marriage or those who fear joining
together with others in relationship outside themselves in deep
connection, who together are moving toward being whole and pure. I do
not find in me very much fear in relation to any of these types of people.
However, if there is, then I can just turn that over to the One who is fully
able to woo them and win them, and to love them through me however He
wants to where they are and in the way He releases me to...even as Ron's
article depicts. Even as I have been being taught of the Lord to do these
past 30 some years as He began releasing me from so much. He SO in
charge and SO knows how to do things....if there is yet any ungodly fear I
walk in in any of these three or in any other areas...I know He will
continue His work to release me from it so I can become more like Him.

And I doubt you know much more about where I personally live and move
and relate - either in my house, in my friendships, or in my fellowship
with the believers, than I know regarding yours...you don't know where I
am walking nor where I have walked...and this is not a jab, it only means
that God chooses not to have us in that place with one another.

-------------

Date Posted: 02/23/2009 at 9:36pm

dd, i think Kriston may be referring to this:

"It would be equally fearful and also heading in a not great direction to totally withdraw from all moves to come into alignment.."

Maybe you can expound on this so as to be clearer in meaning.  it is one thing to be withdrawn( removed from) by Holy Spirit for a time and/or season and quite another to withdraw in fear, and may remain in, afraid to connect on an intimate level because of past woundings, abuse, false teachings given to false mindsets, etc.

blessings,

ps. to all:  the reference i made concerning; some may see as a matter of semantics..i was referring to my own post, words which i was using : )

-------------
In His Love

Date Posted: 02/23/2009 at 10:23pm

Sure thing, Kathy!

Just for clarity, I am adding the complete thought I posted, so's not to
create confusion in my response. Also please see my initial response to
Ron's article, of which my second was a progression along the same lines.

"Actually, acting from fear in any direction is sure to move things the
wrong way...well, maybe the wrong type of fear. It would be equally
fearful and also heading in a not great direction to totally withdraw from
all moves to come into alignment...o so hard to get good descriptive
words here without using over-used ones....with some of those folks
described in the initial article because of the fear created by "so many
wrong ones" "out there". "

And here's the part of the article I was mostly referring to in that
statement:

"It is the Lord who heals us of all our neediness, cleanses us from all our
lack, and fills us with faith to destroy the works of the enemy and flow
the victorious Christ-life to everyone we spiritually connect with. This is
the fountain of living water flowing out to dry and thirsty people seeking
reality of God.

The work of the gifted apostle and prophet are here for the purpose of
helping us to recognize and change these things. God will have a purified
Bride – holy sons to whom He can entrust His kingdom on Planet Earth.
God’s holy kingdom people are being formed and will arise on earth as
humble sons of God, filled with the glory of God to pour out the love of
God upon the entire world."

hope this helps....

-------------

Date Posted: 02/23/2009 at 10:40pm

thank you Denise! couldn't have quoted it better myself : )) and was actually going to quote the same portion which you did of Ron's, but thought it better to come from you : )

i think it does help when in looking through the whole of a thread and what one person may be relaying, rather than looking at one portion. so yes, it helped,  thank you! : )

blessings,

-------------
In His Love

Date Posted: 02/24/2009 at 4:52am

I am sorry Denise,

I actaully have a hard time understanding your writing and have not quite figured out what you were trying to get accross other then sticking out relationships...

It was hard to know how all of your post related to the topic at hand of adulteress relationships, and then in particular what Philip brought out about adulteress aposltes. It seemed that fear somehow popped up after my post, and i just could not figure out how fear had anything to do with not tolerating adulteress behavior on the part of leaders.

For me it is cut and dried, don't be in them.... and if not being in them means you don't have that intimate relationsip with a group or organization then you have taken the path of the saints who have gone on before; the narrow road Jesus walks.

I have learned to relate to people who are still in these situations of relational dependency upon leaders through bringing them to my own home for fellowship, but as far as the harlotry of Babylon, we don't have to stay in it. We are called out of it. People don't know what to think when they are "out" of the church walls and the Spirit of God comes and manifests in a way that is unforgetttable. they begin to think maybe thier "pastor" didn't have all the answers they thought he did.

The peace and power of God to heal and deliver is not fearful... that's when REAL love relationship with Father is free to begin and people start to relate to Him as able to speak to them and guide them Himself.

Kris

-------------
kcouchey@gmail.com

Date Posted: 02/24/2009 at 5:33am

No problem Kris...like I said - this is not a jab, it's just that we are not set
by God in that place where He has for you to know all about where I am
walking or have walked, and that's okay. I am content to live there.
Whatever I have added to this thread is there for whomever it might give
some life to.

What I have found is that the reality of the kingdom is not in the
externals, it is "among you" and have learned that the form and format is
negligible to the relating. Forms and settings will come and go. In my life
they have. And it took me years to realize this, but it's in the relating.
Having been ripped from one setting to another and then taken back in
the spirit to see with opened eyes...causes a much broader perspective. It
was in the house-based unregistered churches with no mention of
pastors, prophets, nor apostles - living in these for a number of years
that gave me the perception of "real church". Then also caused me to be
able to recognize who some of those people were in the setting I had
come from who were the "real ones" sent and equipped there. Some of
them were in fact called pastors. And once one gets the sense of real life,
then the imitation doesn't appeal.

My largest longing is so well expressed in this article - I long for and
desire with all my heart to see God's kingdom to come in the joining and
connecting of His people in a way that releases life, love and power,
where He is glorified. To see us all "discover" one another and together
become one holy awesome force on this planet. I so anticipate the
continued unfolding and "seeing" (truly seeing) and recognition of one
another and the joyful day that the body of Christ is whole and one and
wholly His.

-------------

Date Posted: 02/24/2009 at 5:57am

NOW I understand you Denise,

You share my desires!!!! and more importantly, the Lord's!!!

Kris

-------------
kcouchey@gmail.com

Date Posted: 02/24/2009 at 7:58am

IDenise,

Understand what you mean about forms and settings, and then the real relating. I have found that homechurch/simple church/organic settings have thier own set of religious issues. There are BIG problems in this gathering style today. I do not promote homechurches myself, and don't see the structure as the answer. I will go to an larger organized setting to meet people as the Lord leads. The point is relationships. I see benifits of both small and large gatherings, but the gathering are not the point, the purpose and the heart of the Lord is the point, the real isue is; is the Lord the one who is connecting in the setting? Or are we making something ourselves.

You expressed this well, and I understand more of where you are coming from.  

When it comes to relating,  structure aside,  I have seen that entrenched power is more of a hindrance to the work of the Spirit then a group that is unstructured and "Organic". Like in Jesus day, it was entrenched power that opposed and killed him while the masses who were rebels, unsubmitted and ungrateful followed Jesus. I see God working in Both  settings, but in this new day those who will benefit most will be those who have rejected the false leadership structures by leaving them.

I truly believe all structure types will be given oppurtunity step into kingdom realities, but there are certian hindrances in structure types that make it harder, like the rich man of whom it is harder to enter the kingdom: rich in mens dependency and rich in mens approval makes it hard to become like a child and enter in...

Kris   

-------------
kcouchey@gmail.com

Date Posted: 02/24/2009 at 8:05am

A couple more housekeeping issues:

I am frequently around people who hold to the “friend of the bridegroom” teaching(s). 

I do appreciate their sincerity, but it seems that there is a lack of passion for the relationship between the Bridegroom and the Bride. 

And, those who hold to the “friend of the bridegroom” teaching(s) in my area seem to favor the “lording over” model of church government.  Jesus the Bridegroom has stated, and it is on record, that “lording over” is an illegal form of governing the church (Bride), and using the “lording over” model will not in any way prepare the Bride to be the Wife of the Lord Jesus.

So, in my opinion, the “friend of the bridegroom” teaching has Biblical validity, and support, but in its current form of understanding and interpretation, it is not getting the job done.  That is, the job of preparing the Bride to be the Wife of the Lord Jesus.

Jesus, the Bridegroom, does not lack passion for the Bride.

It seems very much apparent today that the Bride does not have a great deal of passion for Jesus, the Bridegroom.  (see the book of Hosea, specifically Hosea’s wife named Gomer)

In the case of Jesus the Bridegroom, it seems like the “friend of the bridegroom” teaching lacks, somewhat.

What it seems to lack is the understanding and focus that the Bridegroom, Jesus, is a KING!

It is when we see Jesus, the Bridegroom, as KING, that we understand that the book of Esther has much to teach us about the Bridegroom King, and the Bride, and the preparation of the Bride.  The preparation of the Bride in the book is Esther is done by eunuchs. 

Why this is such an issue eludes me.  Maybe people just haven’t connected the dots, yet.  “Holy Spirit, can you touch the hearts of those reading this, and give them Your understanding about how the Bride is to be prepared?”

As I have stated previously in this thread, I have gained much from the teaching of Major Ian Thomas.  If you are not familiar with him, you would do well to acquaint yourself with what God has given him.

As a result of this thread, I have sought out information on Major Ian Thomas, and found that there are web sites that have a treasure trove of his audio messages.

This site has messages by Major Ian Thomas.  Included are three messages on the book of Esther.  You can listen to them, or download them as mp3 files.  I think these are the messages I listened to in the mid – 1980s. 

http://www.voicesforchrist.org/speakers/ThomasIan.html - http://www.voicesforchrist.org/speakers/ThomasIan.html

At this web site -

Haman Out, Mordecai In

http://scriptoriumdaily.com/index.php?name=haman-out-mo rdecai-in&page=&name=haman-out-mordecai-in&page - http://scriptoriumdaily.com/index.php?name=haman-out-mordeca i-in&page=&name=haman-out-mordecai-in&page

is a review of the book - If I Perish, I Perish: The Christian Life as Seen in Esther.

The author is Bible teacher W. Ian Thomas

Date Posted: 02/24/2009 at 10:11am

Philip,

I have heard Ian thomas speak years ago as my father and he were friends and he invited him to speak to the church. He taught many things, and one thing I remember him teaching is about how what we do FOR God is Rubbish, as Ian puts it. There is actaully foundational truth in my life from Ians teachings. I have some of his books as I got my fathers library after his plane crash.

I still remember Ian even though it was 20-30 years ago. I don't even know if He is alive anymore. He was very sick years ago and my father lamented the fact that he did not believe in divine healing. 

My father also taught on Esther using the same understandings of the allegorical persons in Eshter that Ian did. I ight even have some of those tapes, maybe i'll put them online..

It was allegorical truth He taught about Eshter with principles needed for today.

Kris

-------------
kcouchey@gmail.com

Date Posted: 02/24/2009 at 10:51am

Just in going back to the original article, an organism is made of living, life/Life giving substance. The substance being Christ Jesus, His Life giving Spirit abiding in. The church(ekklesia) is individual and corporate, as there would be no corporate without the individual. it is Spirit to spirit, spirit to Spirit connecting.

There can be a spirit to spirit connection which manifests a soulish connection. The soulish connection will form itself around "me, myself and I"..still yet manifesting the `of the world.'  That does not mean the Spirit of God will not come in and make new, by way of renewing our thought producing ways. His Kingdom begins to govern. His Kingdom will throw down, root out, pull down every crooked place and make straight, building, planting righteousness...right-relating, right-relatonship. His Rule cleanses and makes whole.

if we continue in `seeing' the church(ekklesia) as a structure, rather than a Life giving organism birthed of the Spirit, taught of the Spirit, led of the Spirit, walking in Spirit, we will continue in man building( forming) and devising..the how, the when, the where, the what, and even the who! we are transitioning from the `church age emphasis' into His Kingdom age, demonstrating in Spirit and power, Jesus Christ, Lord and King, His Rule and His Reign made known, His Headship made known..in, over, through the church.

for me, and this is an added thought here, the demonstration of Spirit and power is not only what we have seen or even what may have been sought..miracles, healings etc. it is first and foremost a life lived, being made His living epistles..the miracles, healings, etc. becomes the `follows.'  following as a witness, a testimony of His Rulership, Dominion..Love being the preeminent law, order, in and among flowing outward in deed and in truth.

blessings,

-------------
In His Love

Posted By: Gayle Getz
Date Posted: 02/24/2009 at 12:13pm

Hey there Sister Kathy, you are talkin' "DIVINE CONNECTION" here-living epistles of HIS love-yesssss ! HALLELUJAH TO KING JESUS!

-------------
Shalom-nothing missing, nothing broken-Gayle

Date Posted: 02/25/2009 at 6:18am

Kathy, huge Amen to your last post!!!!!! Huge amen!!!!!

The fixation on what "houses" God's people as opposed to the reality is
really so at the heart of so much!!! It's in the relating. Yes. It's very
normal to know where people live..but fixating on that as a
determination of WHO they are in fulness is too much.

When I was a very little girl it came to light I was very interested in all
sorts of different people all over the world. And a part of this was in the
different "houses" they lived in. These people live in grass and mud huts,
these people live on mesas or cliffs, these people live in huge cities,
those live in extremely large houses with servants, those live in
tents....and so forth. Yes, there are all sorts of different houses. And it is
a part of who they are. But when one either discounts their value or else
raises their value based on the shape and form of their house and their
community, or when people come in and say that in order for them to be
a true community they must now all change to a different format...no
way. No way. I cannot buy into that. There may be a need to change in
how they relate and connect within their communities and houses.

It could be they might move and change...but again this is not necessarily
because the "housing" was inferior. For example, when I was young and
single, during the season God was bringing me into this reality and
breaking me from isolation most people would probably not believe I was
ever in...I moved 16 times in like 3 years. Everything I personally owned
could fit into my 10 - 13 yr old Gremlin. Maybe 2 or three trips at the
most. I lived in a converted family room in a victorian house with friends,
a studio apartment in a converted house, someone's basement, I cared
for some homes as a housesitter with and without housemates, shared a
few apartments and houses with friends (various combinations of same
friends) a townhouse, and the list goes on...in all these settings and
different neighborhoods and different configurations....I was still me.
Sure, people would ask "where are you living now?" There is some part of
"where is your house?" and in having people in and showing the home
and in personalising the home etc...but when we fixate on someone's
"house" to the exclusion of all other things, or we hate someone merely
because they live in a mobile home (I have) or a city or the
country..feeling this makes it that there's something wrong with
them...it's such a shallow focus when it's the primary focus. It comes up
in conversations sure. It sheds light a little on their culture and lifestyle -
sure. I love staying in people's homes when I travel for this very reason...

But this article is not about that and this is SO where I am at....

-------------

Date Posted: 02/25/2009 at 3:17pm

"There may be a need to change in
how they relate and connect within their communities and houses."

Yes!

all of which, in your description DD of the various settings of houses, His Kingdom casts down and out. Every barrier which man erects and isolates himself within. Kind of like Adam in his hiding, what misconception did Adam have of God that he would hide and try and cover himself, instead of run too?  the same adamic nature at work is what produces ..division. so, if we do not right-relate with God as our Father, we will not right-relate with one another or as Ron shares, there will be mixture.

as come into the living reality of Love being the order of which we are governed, brings commonality and union of the same faith of the Son of God. The same faith which Jesus as Son of Man, the last Adam, walked in. 

now, it's getting exciting! lol  Glory to God! : )

p.s  my first car was an old standard shift Gremlin : )

-------------
In His Love

Date Posted: 02/25/2009 at 4:38pm

My first car was a yellow gremlin stick shift that had no starter, I would park it backward on an incline and pop the clutch to get it going.

Denise I agree fully with you previous post in not judging people by look, style, or size of thier "house". We all are sent to different places and i truly believe size and shape does not matter in these issues.

I think we need to have the balance of what Ron what speaking to as far as adultery WITHIN houses.

I have seen how groups can focus on one aspect of God, "God is Love , God is Love, God is Love". I agree God is Love, BUT, God is HOLY TOO!

We err in saying that the house doesn't matter at all when in certain houses their is leaven that has made people's spiritual senses dull, and begin operating in the flesh not even realizing they are in it.

Ron Wrote:

The fruit of the Christ-life in each person flows into others that are spiritually joined or connected. But what happens if one fully-connected member joined to the group is filled with a mixture of darkness? Mixture in believers comes from a divided heart. A genuine desire to serve God is in one side of the heart. However, on the other side are personal need, desires, and ambition which lead to self-seeking and self-serving in addition to their God-seeking and God-serving. This condition is the sin of spiritual adultery. There is a distinction between a spiritual harlot and a spiritual adulterer. A total harlot has no husband (Jesus). An adulterer has a husband but is unfaithful to Him.
Spiritual harlotry is totally self-seeking and self-serving.
Spiritual adultery is God-seeking and God-serving while at the same time self-seeking and self serving.

The true Bride is only God-seeking and God-serving.

Spiritual adultery is a despicable sin of disobedience and dishonor to God. It will be very damaging to the adulterer and the Body. It opens the door for spirits of darkness to deceive and attack bringing all forms of evil including, but not limited to, greed, strife, fear, rebellion, disorder, sickness, disease, and death. Deceived adulterers do not know they are deceived and may believe their adversity comes because of their high place in God and their high level of revelation from God. Indeed, there may be real revelation, gifting, and a real call involved, but mixed with darkness this becomes very deceptive and dangerous.

We can sum up God's love and holiness in one phrase; "Our God is a consuming fire!" His fierce love will burn up the chaff.

I can tell you from where I sit, the Lord's whole desire is bent right now on purging and tearing down self serving in the houses that are His. This is not fun to hear and people don't like me when i say it. I don't really care anymore. This is the Lord's doing in this day and I have resigned myself to it.

He is not content to let it stay the way it is, and it will not change unless it is confronted. I will certianly NOT compromise.

I have found that MOST people I deal with that are in a "house" situation where there is mixture are simply in the situation that Ron so eloquently stated:

"In my experience it is very difficult for anyone to see the deception of a group infected with spiritual adultery from within the group."   

Kris

-------------
kcouchey@gmail.com

Posted By: Zach Dixon
Date Posted: 02/25/2009 at 5:21pm

AN APOSTOLIC AND PROPHETIC RING OF FIRE

[1]Ezek 13:4  O Israel, thy prophets are like the foxes in the deserts.

Ezek 13:5  Ye have not gone up into the gaps, neither made up the hedge for the house of Israel to stand in the battle in the day of the LORD.

DIVERSITY IS GOD GIVEN

Apostles and prophets are powerful expressions of the person and administration of the Lord Jesus Christ.  The strengths of apostles and prophets at times seems to bring them into conflict.  The apostle patiently plods, while the prophet is gripped by “heavenly” imperative.  The apostle is determined to administrate for the good of the whole, while the prophet presses for the completion.  Prophets have the God given power to spur the body of Christ into action.  Apostles have the ability to chart a course for the fewest number of casualties.  Both ministry gifts are foundational and bring stability. Both gifts must love the Church to be qualified to help it.  In order for the Church to be matured into Christ it must receive these two ministries.  In order for the apostle and prophet to be most effective in helping the body of Christ they must learn to cooperate and complement each other.

RELATED TO AUTHORITY

The most dangerous man in the Church is a gifted man who is not under authority.  If a man is not accountable and correctable he has no business ministering to the Church. No matter how strong the gift is, it must be judged for truth.  No matter how beautiful the sound, the character of the instrument must be submitted to oversight. 

Many of us have had an institutional mindset.  We really didn’t know there was anyone over us in the Lord.  We thought we were covered by or under the authority of the institution we were affiliated with or the organization we were associated with.  However, it is time for this thought to be challenged and changed by the word of God.  Hebrews 13:17 says, “Obey them that have the rule over you, and submit yourselves: for they watch for your souls, as they that must give account, that they may do it with joy, and not with grief: for that is unprofitable for you.”  This is a word to the Church.  Even leaders are a part of the Church!  Who watches for your soul?  Are you a lone wolf?  Are you a loose cannon?  Is there any one who can pull you back from the folly of your soul?  Where is the relational joint in your walk with God?  Who is the individual in the body of Christ that loves you, cares for you, brings life to you, and will not patronize you when you need to hear the truth?  There is someone out there.  God has given you someone to watch for your soul.  You may not have found them yet.  Keep looking, you will discover them by prayer and a faith filled pursuit.  When God shows them to you, submit yourself to the revelation.  Then put a draw on the insight and heart of those God has given you as overseers.

APOSTOLIC COMPANIES

God is establishing “apostolic companies” in the earth.  These are not man-made relationships, they are divine. They are composed of those of spiritual rank dwelling together under the headship of Jesus Christ.  God has joined them together according to his will.  These companies are not the beginnings of new schisms (I am of Paul, I am of Apollos, I am of Cephas, I am of Christ).  True apostles carry a vision of the body of Christ in true unity.  Every member of the body of Christ is related directly or indirectly.  Apostolic companies tear down dividing walls and press the body to be “one cooperate man.”  These companies are among the people of God as those who serve, pointing to the sufficiency of Christ alone.

Every member in the Church, “the body of Christ”, need to find the people whom God has joined them to.  Every local fellowship of believers needs to find the “apostolic company” God has joined it to.

THE DIRECTIVE OF THE HOUR

It is imperative in this hour for the prophetic and apostolic to link up.  I am convinced, there will never be the penetration into the strongholds of darkness in the Church until this happens.

There are many devices of the enemy.  The Church is entrenched in a traditional, doctrinal, political, and organizational quagmire.  These things keep the Church divided and God’s people from loving one another. The mission of the apostolic is the deliverance of God’s people. The vision of the apostolic is the unity of the Church under the Lordship of Jesus Christ. 

The apostolic career is one destined to hardship and danger.  The duties and function of the apostle can easily be compared to that of senior military officers.  Apostolic work can be likened to a military campaign.  One of the strategies the Lord has shown me is the linking and cooperation of the prophetic and the apostolic.

THE OPERATION OF THE PROPHETIC

Prophets thrust the Church out of its complacency.  Prophets are warriors with tremendous spiritual authority.  They help us to comprehend and attain the purpose of God.

Prophets are often required to touch areas that make the people of God very uncomfortable.  At times, their words root out hidden things, which causes the “boat to rock.”  I have seen powerful prophetic men develop a detached attitude toward the Church because of the rejection that they have experienced.  In self-preservation, some have even walked away from the Church, forever.  “Prophets, do not draw back!”  We need you!  We need your passion, your fire, and your resolve to embrace the will of God no matter what the cost.

LINKING THE PROPHETIC AND INTERCESSION

The accusation against the false prophets of the Old Testament was that they had “not gone up into the [2]gaps, neither made up the [3]hedge for the house of Israel to stand in the battle in the day of the LORD.”

For a long time I have noticed there is a tie between prophets and intercessors.  The chief similarity is their insight into events and the lives of people, by the Spirit. In Ezekiel 13 it is apparent that God requires “His prophets” to become intercessors for the people. Not all intercessors are prophets but all prophets should be intercessors.  If a prophet will not go into the gap, if he will not make up the hedge, he is to be considered a false prophet.  Many times we have called men prophetic, when they were only disgruntled, frustrated preachers.  A true prophet loves the Church and will lay down his life for it.

PROPHETIC LEADERSHIP NEEDED

We must have true leadership from the prophetic in the area of intercession.  A wall of prophetic intercessors will create a phalanx of fire around the Church.  These intercessors may not all stand in the office of a prophet but they need to be trained by prophets.  These intercessors will stand at the perimeter of the Church. They are equipped for the edge and point of our spiritual advance.  They have been hardened for the task by adversity. They function as scouts and intelligence for the army of the Lord.  They will watch, warn, and wage war in the Spirit as the apostolic campaign turns toward new areas of work.  Now is the time to lay aside our independence.  We must become an interdependent body of related members.  The skills, gifts, and talents of the individual become the attributes of the whole.  We are a team!

So prophets, find the apostolic company God has joined you to.  Submit yourself to oversight.  Don’t just point out the problems.  Rise up and intercede (“enter seed”) for the Church!  Stand in the gap!  Make up the hedge! God has put an effectual fire in your mouth.  Use it to encourage, defend, and build up the body of Christ.  Lead the Church into effective prophetic intercession.  Show them how to tear down, root up, and overthrow the works of darkness.  The fellowship that learns prophetic intercession will become an efficient fighting force and experience destiny in its sphere of influence.  Courage will come back to the Church.  People will be saved, filled, healed, delivered, and our Father glorified!!

Heb 1:7  And of the angels he saith, Who maketh his angels spirits, and his ministers a flame of fire.

Rev 11:3  And I will give power unto my two witnesses, and they shall prophesy a thousand two hundred and threescore days, clothed in sackcloth.  4  These are the two olive trees, and the two candlesticks standing before the God of the earth.  5  And if any man will hurt them, fire proceedeth out of their mouth, and devoureth their enemies: and if any man will hurt them, he must in this manner be killed.  6  These have power to shut heaven, that it rain not in the days of their prophecy: and have power over waters to turn them to blood, and to smite the earth with all plagues, as often as they will.

-------------
Great Grace

Date Posted: 02/25/2009 at 5:29pm

yes Kriston, 

His Love is not the `i'm okay, you're okay, everyone is okay' up and down and all around roller coaster emotional type love or of double-mindedness. His Love is even as He is ( God is Love), pure, holy, clean, undefiled, unadulterated...Faithful and True. as He is, so are we in this world.

we truly can not separate Love and Holiness..they are one, amen. There is no love like unto His Love!

shared this on another thread:

It is an inner Governing manifesting outwardly. I can think of no greater than that of Love...now that is true authority..being Himself..God is Love. We can of our own selves do nothing, but that which is born/birthed of the Spirit is that which is profitable. If we look at the fruit of the Spirit, which is His character, we can see all flows from Love( agape'). Now remains faith, hope and Love but the greatest of these is Love.

It is a Love that will take one to Gethsemane in abandoned Love for the Father that the nevertheless not my will be done but Yours...surrender and obedience. Jesus understands greatly the battle of the will, so much so that He sweat great drops of blood, yet in utter abandoned Love of the Father, surrendered His and obeyed the Father's...and for whom? you, me, us!

It is a Love that will take one to the cross, where the self-life is crucified and newness of Life comesforth. Our spirit man enlarged, our minds renewed according to His Governing (Kingdom), our bodies brought under subjection..Jesus is Lord..in outward display.

blessings,

-------------
In His Love

Posted By: Bojo Sun
Date Posted: 02/25/2009 at 10:16pm

With regard to our brother dear Ron's writing, I would dare to quote some scriptures that hopefully will compliment his wonderful thoughts.

----------

Pr 9:8-9 [NIV]

Instruct a wise man and he will be wiser still;

teach a righteous man and he will add to his learning.

Pr 10:8-22 [NIV]

The wise in heart accept commands,

but a chattering fool comes to ruin.

The man of integrity walks securely,

but he who takes crooked paths will be found out.

He who winks maliciously causes grief,

and a chattering fool comes to ruin.

The mouth of the righteous is a fountain of life,

but violence overwhelms the mouth of the wicked.

Hatred stirs up dissension,

but love covers over all wrongs.

Wisdom is found on the lips of the discerning,

but a rod is for the back of him who lacks judgment.

Wise men store up knowledge,

but the mouth of a fool invites ruin.

The wealth of the rich is their fortified city,

but poverty is the ruin of the poor.

The wages of the righteous bring them life,

but the income of the wicked brings them punishment.

He who heeds discipline shows the way to life,

but whoever ignores correction leads others astray.

He who conceals his hatred has lying lips,

and whoever spreads slander is a fool.

When words are many, sin is not absent,

but he who holds his tongue is wise.

The tongue of the righteous is choice silver,

but the heart of the wicked is of little value.

The lips of the righteous nourish many,

but fools die for lack of judgment.

The blessing of the Lord brings wealth,

and he adds no trouble to it.

Pr 16:32 [NIV]

Better a patient man than a warrior,

a man who controls his temper than one who takes a city.

--------------

Jas 3:8-18 [NIV]

but no man can tame the tongue. It is a restless evil, full of deadly poison.

With the tongue we praise our Lord and Father, and with it we curse men, who have been made in God¡¯s likeness. Out of the same mouth come praise and cursing. My brothers, this should not be. Can both fresh water and salt water flow from the same spring? My brothers, can a fig tree bear olives, or a grapevine bear figs? Neither can a salt spring produce fresh water.

Who is wise and understanding among you? Let him show it by his good life, by deeds done in the humility that comes from wisdom. But if you harbor bitter envy and selfish ambition in your hearts, do not boast about it or deny the truth. Such ¡°wisdom¡± does not come down from heaven but is earthly, unspiritual, of the devil. For where you have envy and selfish ambition, there you find disorder and every evil practice.

But the wisdom that comes from heaven is first of all pure; then peace-loving, considerate, submissive, full of mercy and good fruit, impartial and sincere. Peacemakers who sow in peace raise a harvest of righteousness.

Mt 5:9 [NIV]

Blessed are the peacemakers,

for they will be called sons of God.

-------

Mt 7:16-21 [NIV]

By their fruit you will recognize them. Do people pick grapes from thornbushes, or figs from thistles? Likewise every good tree bears good fruit, but a bad tree bears bad fruit. A good tree cannot bear bad fruit, and a bad tree cannot bear good fruit. Every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire. Thus, by their fruit you will recognize them.

¡°Not everyone who says to me, ¡®Lord, Lord,¡¯ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only he who does the will of my Father who is in heaven.

----------

Jn 16:23-27 [NIV]

In that day you will no longer ask me anything. I tell you the truth, my Father will give you whatever you ask in my name. Until now you have not asked for anything in my name. Ask and you will receive, and your joy will be complete.

¡°Though I have been speaking figuratively, a time is coming when I will no longer use this kind of language but will tell you plainly about my Father. In that day you will ask in my name. I am not saying that I will ask the Father on your behalf. No, the Father himself loves you because you have loved me and have believed that I came from God.

----------

1 Jn 4:16-21 [NIV]

And so we know and rely on the love God has for us.

God is love. Whoever lives in love lives in God, and God in him. In this way, love is made complete among us so that we will have confidence on the day of judgment, because in this world we are like him. There is no fear in love. But perfect love drives out fear, because fear has to do with punishment. The one who fears is not made perfect in love.

We love because he first loved us. If anyone says, ¡°I love God,¡± yet hates his brother, he is a liar. For anyone who does not love his brother, whom he has seen, cannot love God, whom he has not seen. And he has given us this command: Whoever loves God must also love his brother.

1 Jn 3:21-4:8 [NIV]

Dear friends, if our hearts do not condemn us, we have confidence before God and receive from him anything we ask, because we obey his commands and do what pleases him. And this is his command: to believe in the name of his Son, Jesus Christ, and to love one another as he commanded us. Those who obey his commands live in him, and he in them. And this is how we know that he lives in us: We know it by the Spirit he gave us.

Dear friends, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God, because many false prophets have gone out into the world. This is how you can recognize the Spirit of God: Every spirit that acknowledges that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is from God, but every spirit that does not acknowledge Jesus is not from God. This is the spirit of the antichrist, which you have heard is coming and even now is already in the world.

You, dear children, are from God and have overcome them, because the one who is in you is greater than the one who is in the world. They are from the world and therefore speak from the viewpoint of the world, and the world listens to them. We are from God, and whoever knows God listens to us; but whoever is not from God does not listen to us. This is how we recognize the Spirit of truth and the spirit of falsehood.

Dear friends, let us love one another, for love comes from God. Everyone who loves has been born of God and knows God. Whoever does not love does not know God, because God is love.

Date Posted: 02/26/2009 at 8:00am

Mr. Sun,

wonderful verses that speak volumes to me.

I have been learning with my difficult son that correction i give him in anger only stirs anger in him, but correction i give in love and with time spent with him is very good for him, for the time i spend just expalining the fruit of his misbehavior and the fruit of righteous behavior he enjoys.

I have also been learning to let him know i believe in him and that i believe he can do anything he puts his hand to.  but still, in the midst of this I must stand and speak the truth to Him and even, "correct" him with coporal punishment.

i have learned that because i love him I will speak the truth to him and not out of wrath or causing him to have fear. i wil also punish him because of this love. So correction for "holiness" is to be out of a motivation of love and not anger, or an "i told you so and know better then you" attitude. 

I have found that God's truth is a spectrum of color (Ron wrote this and it makes sense) that emanates from the person and glory of the Lord himself. there are elements of truth that taken seperately may cause us to make wrong conclusions. But taken in as a whole they are pure clean and white.

Example. People have told me "Jesus died for the sins of the whole world, so everyone is forgiven whether they believe in God or not", but another spectrum or element of truth says:  He who does not believe in the son is condemned already. the fullness of truth gives us a clearer  perspective just not of truth, but of the heart and nature of the Lord himself.

Kris

-------------
kcouchey@gmail.com

Posted By: mariateresatee
Date Posted: 02/26/2009 at 11:10am

Speaking of "houses," perhaps God's people are not meant to live in "houses"? Perhaps we are meant to soar in the "skies" like birds do, instead of live in "houses"? Perhaps no "house," natural or spiritual, can contain God? Perhaps that is what makes for "adultery" in the first place--that we must dwell in a "house," whether big or small, old or new, and thereby live with the "man of the house"?

-------------
In Father's love,
Tere

Date Posted: 02/26/2009 at 5:51pm

so many incredible thoughts & scriptures presented...

Tere - yes! absolutely the Father's house is far greater and larger than
even the earth itself! I fully agree with that thought of soaring in the
heavens!

Alongside this is the wonderful truth that Jesus consoled and comforted
His followers with to carry them through their transition : "in my Father's
house are MANY dwelling places, I go to prepare a place for you..."

And I do believe that this is what this article is addressing. The preparing
of a people in the pure awesome connectedness and fittedness they were
designed for.

another awesome truth to set along side the soaring in His heavens is the
picture of the Body and how that the parts of the body are made and
created for "just the right place" in nearness and relation to other parts.
This in order for the entire Body to function and be healthy. so again the
setting and fitting and preparing...which may look like an embryonic blob
and very indistinguishable for a time.

and then we might even glance at how Jesus related among people - and
there were some who were closer knit to Him and others at different other
places, but in the right places...

so all this talk of "houses" is relational in intent...dwelling places within
the Father's house which are prepared for each. and there are many of
them. How that must have comforted those suddenly seemingly left
without a real place or purpose after having walked the years traveling
the area with Jesus' ministry...until He returned in His power and sure
enough He had places prepared with Him for them each.

-------------

Date Posted: 02/27/2009 at 5:56am

Denise that reminds me of the verse in John:

http://bible.crosswalk.com/onlineStudyBible/bible.cgi?w ord=joh+14:2&version=niv&st=1&sd=1&new= 1&showtools=1 - Joh 14:2 In my Father's house are many rooms; if it were not so, I would have told you. I am going there to prepare a place for you. 3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with me that you also may be where I am.

We do have a prepared place by the Lord, and He is teaching us to find and stay in our place. The Lord showed me in the last few years it is important to give Him a place IN us first, but we can never walk in the destiny we have apart from finding our place IN Him. This is not a physical setting as much as a "spiritual place"/sphere of grace/influnce/authority. It is the way in which we were formed by him to relate and function alongside each other and in the world. While we are called a "Temple" the scripture also calls us HIS body. The inseperable onesness with Him is an unavoidable truth that must be emphasised, because He IS our LIFE.

This truth takes out the religion of having to DO to BE, because we already ARE! Ron's latest article about the measure of the fullness of Christ is the heart and desire of God. To what extent will we just be in obedience to Him and remove those religious things that make a ceiling or wall between us and the fullness He is trying to bring us into.

If we were in complete obedience then we would see the manifestation of God in His people as they walk as mature sons.

Father, help us to enter into fulness of you and your purposes... 

Kris    

-------------
kcouchey@gmail.com

Date Posted: 02/27/2009 at 6:37am

Kris, yes, only a different translation...and another tranlation calls them
mansions. I am not a greek scholar but to me, putting it all togather
means a very goooooooooooooood place for each of His followers. (those
who follow Him where He goes) and the entire ch 14 of John so well
describes that entire in the Father and in the Father's house placement
you brought out.

Big key, and going bak to my first response on this thread and the entire
equally yoked theme.. "is it in fact IN the Father's HOUSE? Is there in fact
still FAMILY there? beginning and foremost the family of our
Father/Son/Holy Spirit. Or are we tending to cling to an empty abandoned
structure doomed to crumble to nothingness?"

haven't read the new article in fulness nor have I allowed it to read me..so
pardon my not responding to it yet.

-------------

Date Posted: 02/27/2009 at 8:55am

Back to the issue of being equally yoked.

Each Part Nourishes

Each member has his or hers God-designated function and supplies nourishing to the other spiritually connected members of the group. In the church, every person is nourished by the Christ-life in each person to which he or she is spiritually connected or joined.

Eph 4:16:  from whom the whole body, joined and knit together by what every joint supplies, according to the effective working by which every part does its share, causes growth of the body for the edifying of itself in love.

Col 2:19: ….holding fast to the Head, from whom all the body, nourished and knit together by joints and ligaments, grows with the increase that is from God.

• Spiritual harlotry is totally self-seeking and self-serving.
  • Spiritual adultery is God-seeking and God-serving while at the same time self-seeking and self serving.
  • The true Bride is only God-seeking and God-serving.

The deception spreads to those connected.

What flows to those joined or connected to a person of adulterous mixture?  Obviously the “nourishment” that is infused into those connected is not only that of the Christ-life but also that which can lead to many disorders and in severe cases sickness and premature death. Unfortunately, what flows from the adulterer to the spiritually connected group is the deception and oppression of the evil mixture.

The attack can take many forms and if there is any place for a toe hold the enemy will attack those connected. In the more severe cases, there will be sickness, disease, maiming accidents, and premature deaths among the people spiritually connected in a group infected by this mixture of darkness. Some of the many other visible symptoms may be strife, including marital strife, fear (including phobias), inordinate affections, stress, and lack of true prosperity. The continued spiritual battling against these things by the group will not be fully successful until the spiritual adulterer is either purified or disconnected from the group.

One classic example of functioning spiritual adultery is sometimes referred to as merchandising the things of God. It is using God’s gifting and His people to fulfill personal ambition or self-focused goals or needs and desires. This will not be like this in the purified, holy Bride church.

Do not be confused, this does not mean not to fellowship with sinners in the world. We are to fellowship by flowing Jesus to sinners, but we are not to be closely connected and receiving strength from them. We are talking here about the spiritual connection and fellowship with brothers and sisters in the true church.

1 Cor 5:9-13:  I wrote to you in my epistle not to keep company with sexually immoral people. Yet I certainly did not mean with the sexually immoral people of this world, or with the covetous, or extortioners, or idolaters, since then you would need to go out of the world.

But now I have written to you not to keep company with anyone named a brother, who is sexually immoral, or covetous, or an idolater, or a reviler, or a drunkard, or an extortioner; not even to eat with such a person.

For what have I to do with judging those also who are outside? Do you not judge those who are inside? But those who are outside God judges. Therefore "put away from yourselves the evil person."

Ron

Posted By: mariateresatee
Date Posted: 02/27/2009 at 5:51pm

Brother Ron wrote: "Mixture in believers comes from a divided heart. A genuine desire to serve God is in one side of the heart. However, on the other side are personal need, desires, and ambition which lead to self-seeking and self-serving in addition to their God-seeking and God-serving. This condition is the sin of spiritual adultery.

"...the truth is that most "Christian" ministry is attacked by spiritual adultery. The distinction is just a mater of degrees. Some may function to a greater degree in the self-serving part and others more in the God-serving part. The enemy may be more active in those who have been given revelation of the kingdom of God in an effort to stop or prolong the greater fullness of the kingdom coming forth on earth."

Hello Denise, I feel that, as Christians, one of our needs that we try to serve is the need to build and maintain a physically "see-able" expression of the "many dwelling places in My Father's house." I see that this need is present not only in leaders but in the people as well. There may be a real family in the thing that we build, and it may not be a really "bad house," but we are still seeking to serve a need in us, and that is where the mixture comes in. I believe that, when that need has been fully met by God and God alone Himself, then He will be able to truly yoke us with other people wherever and whenever He wishes in the times and seasons of our life in Him.

This thing that brother Ron wrote about is the very thing Father has been sorting out in my husband and me at the moment. I'm so grateful that He has connected us with you all here in OH. You've all been such a vital help.

-------------
In Father's love,
Tere

Date Posted: 03/03/2009 at 6:21am

Many thanks and much blessing to everyone who has entered into this thread of vital discussions for this time in which we live. The BIG thing needed by all in this day is intense intimate connection with the Lord and His DISCERNMENT in all matters.

I continue to personally feel the need to cling to nothing else and depend on nothing else than being fully connected to our Father through our Lord, Saviour, and King Jesus by the Holy Spirit. Father God fill us completely with your fullness. Make us a place of your resting and your abode on earth. Thank you Jesus for life beyond measure and peace through love that goes beyond. Amen.

Ron

Posted By: Byron Putnam
Date Posted: 04/17/2016 at 5:29am

"I continue to personally feel the need to cling to nothing else and
depend on nothing else than being fully connected to our Father
through our Lord, Savior, and King Jesus by the Holy Spirit. Father
God fill us completely with your fullness. Make us a place of your
resting and your abode on earth. Thank you Jesus for life beyond
measure and peace through love that goes beyond. Amen."

Ron

-------------
Love the Lord with all your Heart! Love one another!

Print Page | Close Window