Print Page | Close Window

SONS OF LIGHT

Printed From: OpenHeaven.com
Forum Name: VOICE OF PROPHECY - Prophetic Words
Forum Discription: This forum is specifically for prophetic words and the discussion of those words.
URL: http://archive.openheaven.com/forums/forum_posts.asp?TID=30816
Printed Date: 01/17/2017 at 11:52am

Topic: SONS OF LIGHT

Posted By: Ron McGatlin
Subject: SONS OF LIGHT
Date Posted: 01/28/2010 at 2:37pm

Sons of Light
By Ron McGatlin
On dark stormy nights back in Texas where I lived the larger part of my life, it was not uncommon for the electrical power to fail and the whole area to become completely dark. In the total darkness a lightening flash would momentarily brightly illuminate the entire landscape and a picture of our surroundings would be imprinted in our minds. For a moment we could see clearly in the flash of lightning and from the remembrance of what we had seen we could continue to move toward the place where the flashlight was kept. Once we had the flashlight in hand we could move easily through the house carrying the light with us to find the old kerosene lamp and the matches to light it.
We live in a dark and stormy world today. The strong influence of the kingdom of darkness is clearly evident. The darkness of our world has been from time to time pierced by lightening strikes of the Spirit of Christ bursting through the dark clouds in the Holy Spirit in response to small groups of spiritually destitute hungry people obsessed in relentless prayer and desperate faith.
Throughout modern history there have been many bursts of lightning from heaven as Christ made Himself known in Spirit outpourings called revivals and renewals.
In these relatively short bursts of God’s love and power, intense light of life illuminated the people with the presence of God. Our hearts were filled with light in what seemed a spiritually electrified environment of excitement and great joy.
Miracles of healing popped all around. People were overcome by the power of God’s manifest presence. Many were transformed in their hearts and received heavenly revelations and experiences. People rushed to an altar to repent and were cleansed in the presence of God. Deliverance was often instantaneous. Worship and praise was often filled with spontaneity and was extreme. Love poured out like warm oil, and it seemed glory was everywhere. 
Those of you who experienced one or more of these lightning strikes as I have know that I could go on and on telling of the awesome experiences that occurred in that relatively brief time of a few years at most when the pure holy light of God continued to come as fire from heaven until man and religion infiltrated and added their darkness to the light.
These true lightning strike experiences served to provide a short season for us to seek the permanent light of God and become maturing sons of God. Even now the memory of those seasons of light can help us to seek the full everlasting light of the glory of God. Many sons of light were birthed in the lightning strikes to become light bearers in a dark world. This now is a season for sons birthed in the lightning strikes to become mature sons of light to do more than reproduce the past.
It is God’s desire for sons of light to carry more than a flashlight or a kerosene lamp of signs and wonders. The gifts of the Spirit including the miracles of signs and wonders are absolutely vital in moving us to mature faith. As wonderful as the gifts are, there is more heavenly light available to overcome darkness.
A dear prophetic friend of mine called recently with a vital word. Summing it up, the word was that God is moving us from emphasis on the gifts of the Spirit to the FRUIT OF THE SPIRIT. My spirit said, YES, the kingdom is righteousness, peace, and joy in the Holy Spirit, and these are FRUITS of the Spirit - not gifts.
Eph 5:8-14: For you were once darkness, but now you are light in the Lord. Walk as children of light (for the fruit of the Spirit is in all goodness, righteousness, and truth), finding out what is acceptable to the Lord.
And have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather expose them. For it is shameful even to speak of those things which are done by them in secret. But all things that are exposed are made manifest by the light, for whatever makes manifest is light. 
Therefore He says: "Awake, you who sleep, Arise from the dead, And Christ will give you light."
Gal 5:2225: But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control. Against such there is no law.
And those who are Christ's have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires.
If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit.
God’s desire is that as we walk in the Spirit we become sons of light to become a part of transforming our world from darkness to light.
John 12:36: "While you have the light, believe in the light, that you may become sons of light."
Sons of light have a vital role in this day of sudden destruction that comes like labor pains associated with the manifesting kingdom of our Lord.
1 Th 5:2-9: For you yourselves know perfectly that the day of the Lord so comes as a thief in the night. For when they say, "Peace and safety!" then sudden destruction comes upon them, as labor pains upon a pregnant woman. And they shall not escape.
But you, brethren, are not in darkness, so that this Day should overtake you as a thief. You are all sons of light and sons of the day. We are not of the night nor of darkness.
Therefore let us not sleep, as others do, but let us watch and be sober. For those who sleep, sleep at night, and those who get drunk are drunk at night. But let us who are of the day be sober, putting on the breastplate of faith and love, and as a helmet the hope of salvation. For God did not appoint us to wrath, but to obtain salvation through our Lord Jesus Christ.
Rom 8:19: For the earnest expectation of the creation eagerly waits for the revealing of the sons of God.
Heb 2:10:  For it was fitting for Him, for whom are all things and by whom are all things, in bringing many sons to glory, to make the captain of their salvation perfect through sufferings.
Keep on pursuing love. It never fails
and His kingdom never ends.

Ron McGatlin

http://archive.openheaven.com/" _fcksavedurl="http://archive.openheaven.com/" eudora="autourl - archive.openheaven.com
mailto:basileia@earthlink.net" _fcksavedurl="mailto:basileia@earthlink.net - basileia@earthlink.net

Replies:

Posted By: Lyn McSweeney
Date Posted: 01/28/2010 at 7:40pm

Bless you Ron...thank you for all the food you place before us on OH....Love Lyn

-------------
Love and Blessings!

Date Posted: 01/31/2010 at 6:37pm

You are welcome, Lyn. Thanks for your encouragement.

Ron

Posted By: Gayle Getz
Date Posted: 01/31/2010 at 7:20pm

YEAH GOD! YESSSSSSS & AMEN!!! MADE IN YOUR IMAGE, ABBA FATHER,,, SONS OF GOD, NOW MANIFESTING YOUR NATURE: LOVE, JOY, PEACE, PATIENCE, GOODNESS, KINDNESS, FAITHFULNESS, GENTLENESS & SELF-CONTROL...

TY RON,,, AS WE MOVE UP TO WHERE HE IS CALLING US, I SEE US MOVING IN THE SPIRIT OF WISDOM & THE SPIRIT OF UNDERSTANDING, THE SPIRIT OF COUNSEL & OF POWER, THE SPIRIT OF KNOWLEDGE, DELIGHTING OURSELVES IN TRUSTING & BEING IN/AT PEACE BEFORE HIS HOLY PRESENCE,,, AS IN IS. 11:2 &3-HALLELUJAH-THE MIND OF CHRIST!

-------------
Shalom-nothing missing, nothing broken-Gayle

Posted By: Ken Hornsby
Date Posted: 01/31/2010 at 7:52pm

Hi Ron,  Wow, the thunder is still a-rumblin' from this lightning strike! As you well recall, it was one such meeting where I was struck; in fact, a mutual friend referred to me as a lightning rod. I was struck multiple times. What you point out so beautifully here, is that those sons of light who were so birthed must stop trying to reproduce the past. Unfortunately, that "model" continues to focus on a person, place, or particular gifting(s) or signs, and often ends in religious bondage. We are to "let our light shine....(strike)?" It's proving to be a difficult transition. The church has trained people to become dependent upon these "moves of God." When a mature son is faced with the clear choice of being a copier (carrier) or a disperser, it should be no choice. Carriers can only reproduce what they are carrying. Dispersers of light - "disperse" - what does a lighning rod do? Disperses and deflects. Lightning is unpredictable. It can't be reproduced or captured. But its power is evident. There are countless strikes everyday, everywhere. Out here on the Great Plains, we appreciate the rain from storms, but also the lightning. Two things often happen: 1. a fire starts and the old stubble gets burned away. 2. There is an atmospheric reaction with nitrogen that brings new life to plants and grass. What appeared to be dead and dying suddenly becomes "revived". It is vitally needed for fruit to mature. It brings forth life - fruit. Thank you, Holy Spirit for your lightning strikes; I'll have more, please!

Struck by the Lightning of His Love, Ken

Date Posted: 02/03/2010 at 4:26am

Ken, Thanks for the comments. I had forgotten that the lightning also implanted nitrogen that makes things grow. Many fruitful mature sons of light are coming forth to change our world.

Ron

Posted By: David Jones
Date Posted: 02/03/2010 at 8:42pm

Ron McGatlin wrote:
Sons of Light
By Ron McGatlin
....These true lightning strike experiences served to provide a short season for us to seek the permanent light of God and become maturing sons of God. Even now the memory of those seasons of light can help us to seek the full everlasting light of the glory of God. Many sons of light were birthed in the lightning strikes to become light bearers in a dark world. This now is a season for sons birthed in the lightning strikes to become mature sons of light to do more than reproduce the past.
It is God’s desire for sons of light to carry more than a flashlight or a kerosene lamp of signs and wonders. The gifts of the Spirit including the miracles of signs and wonders are absolutely vital in moving us to mature faith. As wonderful as the gifts are, there is more heavenly light available to overcome darkness.

This is a great post, Bro. Ron.
      Truly, there is a lot more 'depth' of God in you than is apparent in your posts at first glance.  I immediately felt the love of God flowing out from you when I registered into the Forum.  When I first read one of your posts and also when I received your welcoming email.  God Bless You! 
      I loved the illustration of the 'lightning' in this post: Sons of Light.  It ministered to me.  The Lord has led me back to it two or three times since you posted it.  He led me to it tonight.  I feel to share some things for a greater understanding of these 'sons'.  I am only trying to be obedient to the Lord. 
      Many are talking about and wondering about the 'appearing of the sons of God'.  Who are they?  Where will they come from?  What will they be like?  Who will make up their number?  This kind of wondering and speculation also was being noised around about just before the appearance of Jesus by many in that day.  Jesus was born of a virgin 'outside' of the 'goings on', in a stable or manger, and survived Herod the Great's intent to kill him.  He matured on to manhood in humble surroundings, all the while who he was and what would take place in and through him was hidden, unknown until the time for him to 'go public', to be revealed(except the few God revealed it to).
      It's the same today.  A whole generation has been literally 'birthed' by God through Jesus for this time!  Their conception in their mother's womb was according to God's plan and purpose in these last days.  Many weren't 'planned pregnancies' others were 'miraculous pregnancies'.   He has kept them 'apart', hidden, all of their lives(although they have lived, loved and played openly around and with others both of the world and the church) as He has prepared them and filled them for their individual purposes in the advent of the Kingdom of God in Jesus Christ.
      They will 'have no beauty that any should desire them'.  They will be 'unknowns' from humble beginnings just as Jesus was.  They will be distinctly separated from anything and everything else that names the name of God.  They will stand alone.  They will not 'join up' with anything or anyone that exists in the world we know today.  Nor will anything or anyone be able to just 'join up' with them.  They will not be the 'product', will not come out of any spiritual endeavor, movement or persuasion.  There will be no 'ties' to any of those.  They will be persecuted, hated and denounced because of this.  They're not an 'elite' group, but rather' a 'brotherhood', a brotherhood unlike any other before this time(not monks or anything, don't get the wrong idea).  One formed by Christ for Christ.  They belong to Him alone!
      Although they have experienced many spiritual things during their lives there came a time, just as it did in Moses' life, when who they were became greatly apparent to them and they had their destiny revealed to them.  They have had to submit themselves to obey God and to forsake Egypt!  Like Moses, that's when they really began to go through some 'changes'.  This 'changing', becoming new, has taken many years.
      Now, the time for their revealing is very near.  Jesus alone will reveal each and every one of them.  He will do it in His own way, bu they will 'explode' upon the world scene through 'events' that people will be talking about everywhere just as in Jesus' day.  They will be even more wondered at after they are known than before.  The world has never seen anything or anyone like these 'sons of God'.  Nothing , no power, no ploy will be able to stand before them.  They are the direct Ambassadors of Christ!
      These are not going to seek any kind of fame or fortune.  Just the opposite!  When they attract too much attention, like Jesus, they will retreat away from the crowds and the publicity.  The riches of the world will come to them, much like Egypt was 'spoiled' by the Children of Israel.  They will have a certain 'course' to fulfill and a 'purpose' to carry out known only to them and the Lord.  Their primary cause and purpose will be the Kingdom of God, on Earth as it is in Heaven!
      These 'sons of God' will be 'gathered' only in places chosen by God, new places, places unknown as yet.  The very presence and Glory of God will fill those 'places'.  Jesus will be exalted as never before in the earth and there will be an 'ensign' 'set', a banner that all the world may see and come, because 'the Lord is there.'  People will come from the four corners of the earth, the north, the south, the east, the west.  Out of all these a new people, 'a people who have never been a people before' will emerge and begin to fill the Kingdom.  it will be a 'new house' in every way.  In this the earth will be harvested, reaped, before the time of the end.
     The Lord is telling you these things now so that you will understand the things that will take place in the days ahead.  And that you will know and understand and not be ignorant of what He is doing.  Most of all because He loves you so much and wants as many as possible to believe and to 'enter' into these things.
      Thanks for allowing me to share, May God Bless All In The Riches Of Jesus Christ!

-------------

Posted By: Lyn McSweeney
Date Posted: 02/04/2010 at 2:16pm

Oh WOW David!!!! Thanks for sharing!!! bless you!!!

-------------
Love and Blessings!

Date Posted: 02/05/2010 at 2:54pm

Hello David Jones,

Thanks for your enlightening comments on this thread and others.

Ron

Print Page | Close Window