Print Page | Close Window

LOVE TRANSFORMING INTO LIFE

Printed From: OpenHeaven.com
Forum Name: VOICE OF PROPHECY - Prophetic Words
Forum Discription: This forum is specifically for prophetic words and the discussion of those words.
URL: http://archive.openheaven.com/forums/forum_posts.asp?TID=34152
Printed Date: 01/17/2017 at 11:48am

Topic: LOVE TRANSFORMING INTO LIFE

Posted By: Ron McGatlin
Subject: LOVE TRANSFORMING INTO LIFE
Date Posted: 09/19/2010 at 5:06am

(Note: God continues to remove the cover and reveal more of His marvelous freedom producing truth to His disciples. This article is longer than usual and scripture is included with it because it contains what is to me fresh light. For me it is revelation that resolves a paradox regarding the cross. I pray it will open and awaken your hearts to fresh light as you take the time to consider it prayerfully. I have written it with the love and boldness with which I received it. Please slow down and take the time to read it carefully. - Ron)

Love Transforming Into Life

By Ron McGatlin

Can you see it? I see a bright and glorious day soon to come – a day of eye opening awakening – a day of seeing clearly the spiritual reality of God with us.

There is deep need among the people for the brightness of God.

Look upon the masses of people moving about the streets of life. For the most part a cloak of the shadow of death veils their minds and there is no brightness in them. Their faces are dull and there is no glow of the Spirit emanating from them. They are like a dry land void of Spirit and barren of joy. They do not really know that their Heavenly Father loves them. Like abandoned orphans they do not know His love. They live as if they are not loved at all. Unloved people are not lovely people. They are unlovely in their countenance and in their ways.

When God’s love is being experienced in a person’s life, it can be seen in the brightness of their countenance.

Love is alive.

God is love. The Son of God is Love. Love is alive in Christ Jesus and flows to us by the Holy Spirit. The experience of heavenly love on earth is by the Holy Spirit bringing the presence of God with us and in us.

To know the love of God that produces the brightness of His glory is to experience His presence with us. Everlasting life is the experience of His presence continuously with us (John 3:36). Abundant everlasting life is our abiding in Christ and Him abiding in us by the Holy Spirit (John 10:10) (1 John 5:12).

A Sad Thing

A really sad thing is that some of the people that are veiled from the brightness of fully knowing (experiencing) the love of God are Christians who believe God loves them and Christ Jesus died for them. They know about the love of God. However, they lack the faith to fully experience the love of God in the reality of their lives now. They are not aware of the experience of His presence in the Holy Spirit manifesting His love in a real and practical way that melts their hearts and brightens their countenance with the joy of the Lord.

While confessing they are saved by grace through faith in Christ Jesus, they cover their heads with shame and strive against sin of the flesh with religious restraint and performance. They feel they must take up their cross daily and fight against sin in their lives and in the lives of those around them.

Religious striving can open the door to the enemy.

Many devout Christians seek to religiously take up their cross daily and drudgingly battle their sinful thoughts and ways striving to deny themselves fleshly desires that emanate from the needs of their orphaned hearts.

A sense of lack of strength to become holy plagues them.  They feel a driving unfulfilled need for the fullness of Christ and holiness. Yet they cannot fully reach or accomplish it. They daily carry about a heavy cross of continuous self-crucifixion and lack of joyful victorious living.

This opens the door for religious spirits to invade their minds. Religious spirits are high ranking spirits that can call in other familiar spirits, seducing spirits and unclean spirits that carry their victim further into bondage and servitude. The enemy veils their hearts with spiritual blindness and robs them of the faith for experiencing the fullness of the presence of God in and with them now. The supernatural characteristics of the deceiving spirits can mimic spiritual gifts, often causing the person to be elevated in the eyes of other believers.

It is the experience of the presence of God that brings forth His power and love producing victorious life of righteousness, peace and joy in the Holy Spirit NOW.

Deliverance and spiritual healing of the soul is a product of the presence of Christ Jesus by the Holy Spirit abiding with and working through the people of God.

A breakthrough of light is coming to many.

The glorious revelation that the cross is behind us and resurrection life of Christ is with us is breaking through the dark fog of incomplete and erroneous religious beliefs. The reality of our ascending into heavenly places with Christ Jesus is enlightening our hearts.

The light of receiving understanding that Christ Jesus never asked us to remain all our lives bearing our own crosses, but, rather, to embrace His cross and be crucified with Him and resurrected with Him and ascend with Him to the throne and at the same time live victoriously on earth with Him by the Holy Spirit.

Incomplete teachings have firmly planted the erroneous belief that victorious living in resurrected life cannot be a reality for us now in this life. This false belief becomes a self-fulfilling prophesy and people of God languish in bondage of spiritual blindness to the reality of the glorious victorious life of God with us NOW.

It is the cross of Jesus that takes away our sin not our taking up our own cross daily. It is the resurrection life of Christ Jesus in us by the Holy Spirit that empowers us to live holy. There is only one cross that changes the destiny of all who believe and it is not ours, it is His. Denying ourselves and taking up our cross has its part in following Christ but it is not for cleansing us and overcoming sin. What then is the part of taking up our cross?

What was Jesus saying in the following verses?

Luke 9:23:  Then He said to them all, "If anyone desires to come after Me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross daily, and follow Me.

Mark 10:21:  Then Jesus, looking at him, loved him, and said to him, "One thing you lack: Go your way, sell whatever you have and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven; and come, take up the cross, and follow Me."

Luke 14:27:  "And whoever does not bear his cross and come after Me cannot be My disciple.

It is important to realize that all of these statements were made BEFORE the cross of Christ Jesus. They were made to those who were being invited to become followers of Jesus. These statements still apply to those who are being invited to become followers of Christ Jesus today. Jesus was not saying that the potential disciples had to be crucified on a cross of their own and then to follow Him. Jesus knew He was the one going to the cross. He also knew there would be great offense to His cross and to everyone identified with it (Gal 5:11) (Gal 6:12).

The cross of Jesus was to become the disciple’s cross. Their cross was the embracing of the cross of Christ Jesus. It involved leaving the life they had known to embrace the cross of Jesus and follow Him. Their cross was to bear a portion of the offense of the cross of Jesus. Our cross also involves leaving our past life to follow Jesus and to be identified with His cross that causes offense and persecution from the world.

There is only ONE cross to take away sin. As true followers of Christ we were crucified with Him. We are crucified to the world and the world to us by the cross of Christ Jesus.

The cross Jesus referred to when speaking to the people before His crucifixion was HIS cross and the disciples bearing the offense of His cross. Every mention of the cross after the crucifixion is of the cross of Christ Jesus. The emphasis is always the cross of Christ and our inclusion in HIS crucifixion and resurrection.

Gal 6:14:  But God forbid that I should boast except in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom the world has been crucified to me, and I to the world.

We died with Christ and now live with Christ in resurrection life, dead to the world and alive unto God.

Rom 6:2-11:  …. How shall we who died to sin live any longer in it? Or do you not know that as many of us as were baptized into Christ Jesus were baptized into His death? Therefore we were buried with Him through baptism into death, that just as Christ was raised from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life. For if we have been united together in the likeness of His death, certainly we also in the likeness of His resurrection, knowing this, that our old man was crucified with Him, that the body of sin might be done away with, that we should no longer be slaves of sin. For he who has died has been freed from sin.

Now if we died with Christ, we believe that we also live with Him, knowing that Christ, having been raised from the dead, dies no more. Death no longer has dominion over Him. For the death that He died, He died to sin once for all; but the life that He lives, He lives to God. Likewise you also, reckon yourselves to be dead indeed to sin, but alive to God in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Gal 2:20  "I have been crucified with Christ; it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me.

Our focus on our religious restraints and performance of rituals and practices (our own cross) dishonors God and denies Christ with us now. It dishonors our Lord, the cross, the resurrection and ascension. It dishonors and denies the Holy Spirit’s bringing us the life of Christ Jesus – the glorious provision of His presence with us. Like the religious Jews of the first century, those who hold on to striving religiously today have judged themselves unworthy of experiencing everlasting life now in Christ Jesus (read Acts 13:46).

Our belief and confession of daily struggling with sin dishonors and denies the provision of God with us – Christ Jesus abiding in and with us by the Holy Spirit. Christ in us is our hope (earnest expectation) of glory in this life.

Arise and shine for the light has come and the glory of the Lord has risen upon us.

Isa 60:1-3:  Arise, shine; For your light has come! And the glory of the LORD is risen upon you. For behold, the darkness shall cover the earth, And deep darkness the people; But the LORD will arise over you, And His glory will be seen upon you. The Gentiles shall come to your light, And kings to the brightness of your rising.

Isa 60:5:  Then you shall see and become radiant, And your heart shall swell with joy….

John 8:12:  Then Jesus spoke to them again, saying, "I am the light of the world. He who follows Me shall not walk in darkness, but have the light of life."

Mat 11:28:30:  "Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest."Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls."For My yoke is easy and My burden is light."

1 John 4:17:  Love has been perfected among us in this: that we may have boldness in the day of judgment; because as He is, so are we in this world.

Love never fails and
His kingdom never ends.

Ron McGatlin
Coordinator OpenHeaven.com

http://archive.openheaven.com/" target=_blank eudora="autourl - archive.openheaven.com
mailto:basileia@earthlink.net - basileia@earthlink.net

Replies:

Posted By: Gayle Getz
Date Posted: 09/19/2010 at 12:06pm

Amen to what you shared here, my Brother Ron! I can remember when Hubby & I first were baptized in Holy Spirit, He revealed we dont have to sin everyday & that there was a washing & cleansing we had started into, or I should say, 'a washing & a cleansing started in us.' We walked in the revelation ourselves, but were not able to share it with very many brothers & sisters around us. We were treated as 'kinda strange' when we said, "no you don't automatically sin everyday." We realized this had to be revealed by Holy Spirit to their hearts. However, Abba Father did assure us as we did speak we were as farmers planting the Seed of His Word. When Holy Spirit began to give us the revelation of 'walking from the dark side of the cross to the Bright/Light side of the cross' we found ourselves getting 'the left foot of fellowship' on a regular basis. Having said that, we found ourselves wanting the scriptures you shared here TO come ALIVE & produce fruit in us. Which as we presented ourselves before HIM, HE who promised is faithful & ongoing crops of righteousness are constantly being harvested. HALLELUJAH!!! May God continue to bless you as your OpenHeaven website has blessed us. 

-------------
Shalom-nothing missing, nothing broken-Gayle

Posted By: Mandy Gay
Date Posted: 09/20/2010 at 3:16am

Ron McGatlin wrote:

Many devout Christians seek to religiously take up their cross daily and drudgingly battle their sinful thoughts and ways striving to deny themselves fleshly desires that emanate from the needs of their orphaned hearts.

A sense of lack of strength to become holy plagues them.  They feel a driving unfulfilled need for the fullness of Christ and holiness. Yet they cannot fully reach or accomplish it. They daily carry about a heavy cross of continuous self-crucifixion and lack of joyful victorious living.

Thank you Ron,

I want to just bring this part up as the Lord has been speaking into it in more depth to me in just the past couple of days. 

Particularly in relation to what you have written here, He has been showing me the contrast in the gospels between the self-righteous, who try and fight their sin and "sickness" in the strength of the flesh, and the "sick" (the blind, the deaf, the lame, those caught up in sin), who, being aware of their condition and their helplessness, present themselves before Jesus for Him to heal them... some even being dragged before Him by others (the paralytic and the adulteress), covered in their shame for all to see. 

... and He healed them.

Blessings, Mandy

-------------
mandyjgay@gmail.com

Posted By: Dave Spencer
Date Posted: 09/20/2010 at 7:54am

I wish and pray that every church in the USA (and elsewhere) would get a revelation of what has been written here.  Then we would stop running a basically worthless race, both in our personal lives and in the life of our local assemblies.

It is, indeed, the real cross of Christ Jesus that offends those who are dying, but brings eternal life to those who are seeking or have found Christ.

Well done, brother Ron!

Posted By: Kriston Couchey
Date Posted: 09/20/2010 at 8:02am

Amen!!!

-------------
One of the chosen foolish and weak
http://my.opera.com/Boanerges/blog/ - http://my.opera.com/Boanerges/blog/
kcouchey@gmail.com

Posted By: Kathy Bippus
Date Posted: 09/20/2010 at 9:22am

amen Ron....freedom!

amen Dave..

the cross of Christ Jesus offends the flesh..the natural man..the adamic nature..self-righteousness..a form of godliness..hypocricy..etc. which can be very blatant, as well as, very subtle.

..the cross becomes a stumblingblock to the adamic nature which in thought, words, deeds(works) will cover himself. the Cross of Christ Jesus puts an end to all strivings..a fragrance of death exudes from, but unto us who believe..it is the fragrance of life..the end of all strivings!!! woohooo!! : )  ~it is finished~

the adamic nature, the first adam..has been finished off ..lol one way of putting it

we will make our boast in the Cross of Christ Jesus and in the power of His resurrection..and the Life which He gives in Spirit ~I AM the Resurrection and the Life~

and we see some of Paul's struggle with in Phil.3:9-10..perhaps because of the deeply embedded, ingrained thought process of the zealousness of the pharisee..? and though he had great revelation of Christ..being caught up into the third heaven...it was a process of the revelation of Christ being `fleshed out'..openly displayed through him.  

i like what Paul says here..let us labour(speedily) to enter into that Rest..no flesh..the strivings of men(adam)..can live in His Rest.

~Blessed be the Name of the Lord!~

-------------
In His Love

Posted By: james hill
Date Posted: 09/20/2010 at 3:03pm

Ron,

This is a very insightful, prophetic accurate word for the season. This is a reality that I have  issues with, and I have seen this  "mindset" everywhere.

For the past three weeks I have had an occurring thought or "expectation" that God is soon to expose "THE GREAT LIE" by giving great understanding as in an "AWAKENING"  ......I just feel like He is going to remove "scales" from those who have strived for intimacy and understanding....

For so many years people have been toiling with instilled "religious values" and I feel like that season is very soon coming to a close. Many folks have been through this season, many are at the tail end of it.....and now many are becoming aware that it is all in disaray...... God is rapidly bringing his church "to the same page"........

It seems that people have developed a "Holy frustration" that has compelled them to truly know Him.....I just feel that He is going to soooooo bless and honor those desires of His children......

The world is truly in such disaray as you have pointed out Ron.......the illusion of life has got so many running on the "rat wheel"......the world as it is  being played out ....is such a lie..........We desperately need an awakening.... God has already spoken this in His Word........and now I feel those days are upon us.....

Thank you Ron for this very truthful word.

Date Posted: 09/21/2010 at 5:07am

james hill wrote:

For the past three weeks I have had an occurring thought or "expectation" that God is soon to expose "THE GREAT LIE" by giving great understanding as in an "AWAKENING"  ......I just feel like He is going to remove "scales" from those who have strived for intimacy and understanding....

For so many years people have been toiling with instilled "religious values" and I feel like that season is very soon coming to a close. Many folks have been through this season, many are at the tail end of it.....and now many are becoming aware that it is all in disaray...... God is rapidly bringing his church "to the same page"........

Yes, James. Awakening is happening. For some it is caught from person to person for others it comes as light from the word and still others are having spiritual dreams that change their hearts. Once hardened hearts are cracking open and light is coming into their hungry souls. Hardness that came from a life experience of religion and false training from a depraved world is being made fresh and newly softened by the pure holy love of God flowing through Christ Jesus by the Holy Spirit into and through His people.

Ron

Date Posted: 09/21/2010 at 11:41am

Gayle Getz wrote:
Amen to what you shared here, my Brother Ron! I can remember when Hubby & I first were baptized in Holy Spirit, He revealed we dont have to sin everyday & that there was a washing & cleansing we had started into, or I should say, 'a washing & a cleansing started in us.' We walked in the revelation ourselves, but were not able to share it with very many brothers & sisters around us. We were treated as 'kinda strange' when we said, "no you don't automatically sin everyday." We realized this had to be revealed by Holy Spirit to their hearts. However, Abba Father did assure us as we did speak we were as farmers planting the Seed of His Word. When Holy Spirit began to give us the revelation of 'walking from the dark side of the cross to the Bright/Light side of the cross' we found ourselves getting 'the left foot of fellowship' on a regular basis. Having said that, we found ourselves wanting the scriptures you shared here TO come ALIVE & produce fruit in us. Which as we presented ourselves before HIM, HE who promised is faithful & ongoing crops of righteousness are constantly being harvested. HALLELUJAH!!! May God continue to bless you as your OpenHeaven website has blessed us. 
(Bold Mine)

Yes, Gayl, I sure know about that left foot. As we continue to stay up close with the Lord we continue to receive freshly uncovered revelation and continue to not fit in the past streams. And it continues even today. Thank God for those we can relate to through the internet and for the wonderful fellowship of knowing that others are receiving. A lot of fresh seed is sown through the internet and those with an ear to hear get it and pass it on. It does grow into the earth in its time.
Thanks for your confirmation and encouragement.

Ron

Date Posted: 09/21/2010 at 6:51pm

From Email
Dear Bro. Ron,

Excellent article!!  That is all truth!!

Was reading a book today that I have read before.  It is named "Freedom From A Self-Centered Life/Dying to Self" which is edited by Andrew Murray.  The selections are from the writings of William Law.  I read  some of the very same things you wrote in this article.  Praise God!! It is reckoning ourselves dead in Christ's crucifixion and alive unto God, through His resurrection.  Have not finished it yet but it is exciting to see and hear how the Spirit of God is directing you in this time to expound on the cross.  It is not by our own effort to die to self but it is applying the cross of Jesus.  The Scriptures you quoted
 tell it like it is.  How can anyone dispute the meaning that is so plain?  Truly, we have been deceived for many, many years but it is time for God's people to awake to righteousness and live the LIFE that Jesus came to give us.  If we yield to Him and give Him liberty to rule and reign in our hearts and lives, then it is Christ in us, that overcomes the sin issue.  He has already taken care of it, now we must accept that and let Him bring us to His fullness.

Jesus defeated the enemy and triumphed over him.  Now we are to enforce that defeat but seems as so many think the enemy is bigger than God.  The greater one lives in us and the enemy is under our feet.  All he can do is bluff when we don't know who we are in Christ and who Christ is in us.  The darkness in the world is not on us as we have the LIGHT of Jesus in us and light dispells the darkness.  Hallelujah!!!

Brother Ron, keep putting this truth out on the net.  There are those of us who are getting the vision of what Christ did for us and is doing for us, this very day, this very moment, as we surrender all to Him and to the love He has shed abroad in our hearts by the Holy Spirit.  Praise God!!

Good things are happening.  God is moving by His Spirit.  Just got a newsletter from family members who are missionaries in Brazil.  They are seeing the fruit of many years of labor by the faithful ones, who have passed on to glory now, but who passed the tordh on to others.  The report is that the tribes, who once hated each other and would fight, are now coming together and loving each other.  This is the beginning and I know it will blossom into the glory of God and Jesus Christ being exalted.  Before they left in July I got a word from the Lord, that they would not go back as the status quo but the Holy Spirit would be moving.  When I received their letter this week I wept because God is so faithful and He loves everyone, even those who have been in such darkness spiritually for years.  But the Light has come and is penetrating into the hearts of those who hear that God loves them and Jesus died for them.

Other good reports are coming from other family members here in the states.  We have a mission and it will be accomplished as we trust and obey.  All glory to God the Father and Jesus the Son, our Savior, and King!!

In God's Great Love,
Sister Jo
mailto:beardenn5@usfamily.net - beardenn5@usfamily.net

Date Posted: 09/23/2010 at 8:35am

~God is moving by His Spirit~ yes He is sister Jo!

i've been blessed in reading through your emails, that Ron is sharing with us..such a blessing, indeed you are, in the body of Christ!

thanks Ron for sharing and thanks Jo for writing,

much Love

-------------
In His Love

Date Posted: 09/25/2010 at 8:36am

Dave Spencer wrote:

I wish and pray that every church in the USA (and elsewhere) would get a revelation of what has been written here.  Then we would stop running a basically worthless race, both in our personal lives and in the life of our local assemblies.

It is, indeed, the real cross of Christ Jesus that offends those who are dying, but brings eternal life to those who are seeking or have found Christ.

Well done, brother Ron!

Thanks Dave, Keep on preaching the gospel of the kingdom and seeking the "parousia" of our Lord at all times.

Ron

Posted By: Moderator
Date Posted: 09/26/2010 at 5:25pm

ReUp

Date Posted: 12/28/2010 at 11:00am

Ron McGatlin wrote:

(Note: God continues to remove the cover and reveal more of His marvelous freedom producing truth to His disciples. This article is longer than usual and scripture is included with it because it contains what is to me fresh light. For me it is revelation that resolves a paradox regarding the cross. I pray it will open and awaken your hearts to fresh light as you take the time to consider it prayerfully. I have written it with the love and boldness with which I received it. Please slow down and take the time to read it carefully. - Ron)

Love Transforming Into Life

By Ron McGatlin

Can you see it? I see a bright and glorious day soon to come – a day of eye opening awakening – a day of seeing clearly the spiritual reality of God with us.

There is deep need among the people for the brightness of God.

Look upon the masses of people moving about the streets of life. For the most part a cloak of the shadow of death veils their minds and there is no brightness in them. Their faces are dull and there is no glow of the Spirit emanating from them. They are like a dry land void of Spirit and barren of joy. They do not really know that their Heavenly Father loves them. Like abandoned orphans they do not know His love. They live as if they are not loved at all. Unloved people are not lovely people. They are unlovely in their countenance and in their ways.

When God’s love is being experienced in a person’s life, it can be seen in the brightness of their countenance.

Love is alive.

God is love. The Son of God is Love. Love is alive in Christ Jesus and flows to us by the Holy Spirit. The experience of heavenly love on earth is by the Holy Spirit bringing the presence of God with us and in us.

To know the love of God that produces the brightness of His glory is to experience His presence with us. Everlasting life is the experience of His presence continuously with us (John 3:36). Abundant everlasting life is our abiding in Christ and Him abiding in us by the Holy Spirit (John 10:10) (1 John 5:12).

A Sad Thing

A really sad thing is that some of the people that are veiled from the brightness of fully knowing (experiencing) the love of God are Christians who believe God loves them and Christ Jesus died for them. They know about the love of God. However, they lack the faith to fully experience the love of God in the reality of their lives now. They are not aware of the experience of His presence in the Holy Spirit manifesting His love in a real and practical way that melts their hearts and brightens their countenance with the joy of the Lord.

While confessing they are saved by grace through faith in Christ Jesus, they cover their heads with shame and strive against sin of the flesh with religious restraint and performance. They feel they must take up their cross daily and fight against sin in their lives and in the lives of those around them.

This opens the door for religious spirits to invade their minds. Religious spirits are high ranking spirits that can call in other familiar spirits, seducing spirits and unclean spirits that carry their victim further into bondage and servitude. The enemy veils their hearts with spiritual blindness and robs them of the faith for experiencing the fullness of the presence of God in and with them now. The supernatural characteristics of the deceiving spirits can mimic spiritual gifts, often causing the person to be elevated in the eyes of other believers.

It is the experience of the presence of God that brings forth His power and love producing victorious life of righteousness, peace and joy in the Holy Spirit NOW.

Deliverance and spiritual healing of the soul is a product of the presence of Christ Jesus by the Holy Spirit abiding with and working through the people of God.

A breakthrough of light is coming to many.

The glorious revelation that the cross is behind us and resurrection life of Christ is with us is breaking through the dark fog of incomplete and erroneous religious beliefs. The reality of our ascending into heavenly places with Christ Jesus is enlightening our hearts.

The light of receiving understanding that Christ Jesus never asked us to remain all our lives bearing our own crosses, but, rather, to embrace His cross and be crucified with Him and resurrected with Him and ascend with Him to the throne and at the same time live victoriously on earth with Him by the Holy Spirit.

Incomplete teachings have firmly planted the erroneous belief that victorious living in resurrected life cannot be a reality for us now in this life. This false belief becomes a self-fulfilling prophesy and people of God languish in bondage of spiritual blindness to the reality of the glorious victorious life of God with us NOW.

It is the cross of Jesus that takes away our sin not our taking up our own cross daily. It is the resurrection life of Christ Jesus in us by the Holy Spirit that empowers us to live holy. There is only one cross that changes the destiny of all who believe and it is not ours, it is His. Denying ourselves and taking up our cross has its part in following Christ but it is not for cleansing us and overcoming sin. What then is the part of taking up our cross?

What was Jesus saying in the following verses?

Luke 9:23:  Then He said to them all, "If anyone desires to come after Me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross daily, and follow Me.

Mark 10:21:  Then Jesus, looking at him, loved him, and said to him, "One thing you lack: Go your way, sell whatever you have and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven; and come, take up the cross, and follow Me."

Luke 14:27:  "And whoever does not bear his cross and come after Me cannot be My disciple.

It is important to realize that all of these statements were made BEFORE the cross of Christ Jesus. They were made to those who were being invited to become followers of Jesus. These statements still apply to those who are being invited to become followers of Christ Jesus today. Jesus was not saying that the potential disciples had to be crucified on a cross of their own and then to follow Him. Jesus knew He was the one going to the cross. He also knew there would be great offense to His cross and to everyone identified with it (Gal 5:11) (Gal 6:12).

The cross of Jesus was to become the disciple’s cross. Their cross was the embracing of the cross of Christ Jesus. It involved leaving the life they had known to embrace the cross of Jesus and follow Him. Their cross was to bear a portion of the offense of the cross of Jesus. Our cross also involves leaving our past life to follow Jesus and to be identified with His cross that causes offense and persecution from the world.

There is only ONE cross to take away sin. As true followers of Christ we were crucified with Him. We are crucified to the world and the world to us by the cross of Christ Jesus.

The cross Jesus referred to when speaking to the people before His crucifixion was HIS cross and the disciples bearing the offense of His cross. Every mention of the cross after the crucifixion is of the cross of Christ Jesus. The emphasis is always the cross of Christ and our inclusion in HIS crucifixion and resurrection.

Gal 6:14:  But God forbid that I should boast except in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom the world has been crucified to me, and I to the world.

We died with Christ and now live with Christ in resurrection life, dead to the world and alive unto God.

Rom 6:2-11:  …. How shall we who died to sin live any longer in it? Or do you not know that as many of us as were baptized into Christ Jesus were baptized into His death? Therefore we were buried with Him through baptism into death, that just as Christ was raised from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life. For if we have been united together in the likeness of His death, certainly we also in the likeness of His resurrection, knowing this, that our old man was crucified with Him, that the body of sin might be done away with, that we should no longer be slaves of sin. For he who has died has been freed from sin.

Now if we died with Christ, we believe that we also live with Him, knowing that Christ, having been raised from the dead, dies no more. Death no longer has dominion over Him. For the death that He died, He died to sin once for all; but the life that He lives, He lives to God. Likewise you also, reckon yourselves to be dead indeed to sin, but alive to God in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Gal 2:20  "I have been crucified with Christ; it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me.

Our focus on our religious restraints and performance of rituals and practices (our own cross) dishonors God and denies Christ with us now. It dishonors our Lord, the cross, the resurrection and ascension. It dishonors and denies the Holy Spirit’s bringing us the life of Christ Jesus – the glorious provision of His presence with us. Like the religious Jews of the first century, those who hold on to striving religiously today have judged themselves unworthy of experiencing everlasting life now in Christ Jesus (read Acts 13:46).

Our belief and confession of daily struggling with sin dishonors and denies the provision of God with us – Christ Jesus abiding in and with us by the Holy Spirit. Christ in us is our hope (earnest expectation) of glory in this life.

Arise and shine for the light has come and the glory of the Lord has risen upon us.

Isa 60:1-3:  Arise, shine; For your light has come! And the glory of the LORD is risen upon you. For behold, the darkness shall cover the earth, And deep darkness the people; But the LORD will arise over you, And His glory will be seen upon you. The Gentiles shall come to your light, And kings to the brightness of your rising.

Isa 60:5:  Then you shall see and become radiant, And your heart shall swell with joy….

John 8:12:  Then Jesus spoke to them again, saying, "I am the light of the world. He who follows Me shall not walk in darkness, but have the light of life."

Mat 11:28:30:  "Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest."Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls."For My yoke is easy and My burden is light."

1 John 4:17:  Love has been perfected among us in this: that we may have boldness in the day of judgment; because as He is, so are we in this world.

Love never fails and
His kingdom never ends.

Ron McGatlin
Coordinator OpenHeaven.com

http://archive.openheaven.com/" target=_blank eudora="autourl - archive.openheaven.com
mailto:basileia@earthlink.net - basileia@earthlink.net

-------------
In His Love

Posted By: Gayle Getz
Date Posted: 12/28/2010 at 11:48pm

Thank you Ron, absolute TRUTH here!  When I was first receiving revelation of the cross, Holy Spirit referred to my going from the dark side of the cross to the LIGHT/BRIGHT side of the cross. (I came to know it as walking into HIS glory)... The leaving of the sinful clothing of unrighteousness at the foot of the dark side and putting on the Robe of Righteousness that Jesus gave to me personally is what brought me to the awareness that I dont sin everyday automatically, I have a choice. And through the ministry of Holy Spirit I have been schooled that I can walk daily on this earth in this flesh body without sinning. The Word, "I overcome by the Blood of the Lamb & the word of my testimony(I testify what Jesus did when HE delivered me from the kingdom of darkness and translated me into the Kingdom of Light). Makes me shout unto GOD with a voice of triumph & praise!!! 

-------------
Shalom-nothing missing, nothing broken-Gayle

Posted By: Vickie Green
Date Posted: 12/29/2010 at 3:22am

Hi    I just had this funny thought that Father God is dancing  saying YES YES YES they are "getting it"  I knew they would...I knew they would but what JOY to see they are "getting it" .

Eph 3;10  His INTENT  was that now, through the church the manifold wisdom of God should be made known to the rulers and authorities in the heavenly realms, according to His  ETERNAL  purpose which He accomplished in  Christ  Jesus  our  Lord.

When Jesus said it is finished....He meant.....IT IS FINISHED.

..when the "storm"  came Jesus was so at rest , oneness with His Father,  that he slept .       LOL   lol...  It's funny don't you think that the church is waking  up.... to enter.. REST.   Rest = peace = unity = strength.   We WILL be ONE church because thats Gods plan...

Thank you O H..... thank you Ron...          vickie              

Posted By: Lyn McSweeney
Date Posted: 10/25/2011 at 1:06pm

-------------
Love and Blessings!

Print Page | Close Window