Print Page | Close Window

Where is my god?( I’ve watched too much news.)

Printed From: OpenHeaven.com
Forum Name: Encountering Life's Issues - Is there a God? Is God real?
Forum Discription: What's a relationship with God all about, and what's Jesus Christ got to do with it? Have you recently been touched by God's reality? Are you wondering how you can be? Are you feeling there's a deeper purpose for your life? Are you facing a crisis and need prayer. Someone cares. Post your need here
URL: http://archive.openheaven.com/forums/forum_posts.asp?TID=11812
Printed Date: 01/17/2017 at 2:15pm

Topic: Where is my god?( I’ve watched too much news.)

Posted By: Ben Watkins
Subject: Where is my god?( I’ve watched too much news.)
Date Posted: 08/28/2006 at 11:37am

I was reading an article about the young woman that was able to escape from8 years of captivity.After i read more stories of young people who had been taken and terrible things were done, I feel lost.I grew up in a loving family with four brothers and very christian parents.I sometimes ramble or change the subject, so please bear with me.I have two young neices and a young nephew and when I see or hear of violence to the young, I become very unsure of god's plan with us.We all wonder why sometimes I know, how can trust a god who can let such things take place?                                                        In the book of job ,God tells the devil he can tempte the christian but can not harm him.Could it be part of god's will to allow evil things to happen to the weak in way to test a bigger number of people?I've lived threw several years of mental illness and for the last 2 years I've been doing a lot better. Icame to trust the lord to help me with my trials and troubles and and know he is real.I guess my worry is how to keep a good heart when innocence is being taken in such vile ways.Dear lord please help us all.         &n bsp;         &n bsp;         &n bsp;         &n bsp;         &n bsp;         &n bsp;         &n bsp;         &n bsp;         &n bsp;         &n bsp;         &n bsp;     

-------------
b. l. watkins

Replies:

Posted By: Kathy Bippus
Date Posted: 08/28/2006 at 5:03pm

Hi Ben, welcome to OH,

The Kingdom Growth Guides found on this forum will be of great blessing to you and sheds Light.

I'll just share this with you, Phil.4:8` Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are Truth, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just(righteous, holy), whatsoever things are pure(clean), whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue( excellence, valor),and if there be any praise(commendable), think on(esteem in your thoughts) these things.vs.9 Those things which you have both learned, and received, and heard and seen in me, do(practise, keep, execute): and the God of peace will be with(occupy, accompany) you.'

In His Love,

Kathy

-------------
In His Love

Posted By: Gayle Getz
Date Posted: 08/31/2006 at 6:24pm

Hello there Ben, good to have ya come into fellowship with us. God bless you! I have found keeping the Word going in a CD player or on your computer helps a bunch to keep the WORD fresh in your mind. We are told if we keep our minds on the LORD and HE is the WORD, then HE, the WORD will keep us in perfect Peace because our minds are stayed on the WORD because we trust the WORD. We are also informed through the WORD, ' to not let the WORD of GOD depart from our eyes, for it, the WORD, is life to those that find it, the TRUTH of the WORD, and healing and health to all their flesh. That is something to really shout about-HALLELUJAH!!! GLORY TO GOD!!! Just want to encourage you to get wrapped up in HIS WORD-HE won't let ya down! Love you all! Shalom-nothing mising, nothing broken. Gayle

Print Page | Close Window