Print Page | Close Window

Why doesn’t religion believe in the paranormal?

Printed From: OpenHeaven.com
Forum Name: Encountering Life's Issues - Is there a God? Is God real?
Forum Discription: What's a relationship with God all about, and what's Jesus Christ got to do with it? Have you recently been touched by God's reality? Are you wondering how you can be? Are you feeling there's a deeper purpose for your life? Are you facing a crisis and need prayer. Someone cares. Post your need here
URL: http://archive.openheaven.com/forums/forum_posts.asp?TID=22219
Printed Date: 01/17/2017 at 12:07pm

Topic: Why doesn’t religion believe in the paranormal?

Posted By: Pamela Helmick
Subject: Why doesn’t religion believe in the paranormal?
Date Posted: 05/28/2008 at 9:17pm

I notice that religion in it self does not believe in the paranormal.   I am currently at a Jewish forum and I asked them why demons are afraid of the name of Jesus and the blood of Jesus.  I asked this question to get a point across that Jesus has authority over demons.

I then shared a story about a dark spirit showing up in my room many yrs a go growling at me.  When I play a tape on the blood of Jesus the spirit left.

They were upset that I would post this.  They then told me that there is no devil and there is no demons and that I needed to dwell closer to God and not talk about these things.

Did I do wrong in sharing my story?  And why are so many religions close minded when it comes to the enemy?

-------------
Faith, hope and love but the greatest of these is love.

Replies:

Posted By: Anita Lea
Date Posted: 06/01/2008 at 9:37am

Satan is a deceiver!  He doesn't want people to think he exist.  Remember that it is not flesh and blood that we wrestle with but principalities and darkness of the world.  These people on these boards that deny satan and Jesus are living in darkness.  You did the right thing but sometimes my Sister all we can do is pray for those who will not believe us.  It is not our battle but it is the Lord's.  Prayer is a powerful tool.  Just be an intercessor for these people.  Remember, they riducled Jesus, they will do the same to us.  Love ya Sister!!!  Don't get discouraged.  If God be for you then who can be against you!!!

-------------
Your Sister in Christ,
Anita
Stand and see this great thing which the Lord will do before your eyes... 1Sam 12:16

Posted By: Pamela Helmick
Date Posted: 06/02/2008 at 7:21am

Thanks Anita for answering my qusestions.

-------------
Faith, hope and love but the greatest of these is love.

Posted By: Marjo Richardso
Date Posted: 06/02/2008 at 4:17pm

The power is in the blood of Jesus. They have not yet acknowledged "the answer" but one day they will. It will be a glorious day of fulfillment.

You are covered and well protected by the blood of our Redeemer Pamela.

Print Page | Close Window