Print Page | Close Window

THE TIME IS AT HAND

Printed From: OpenHeaven.com
Forum Name: VOICE OF PROPHECY - Prophetic Words
Forum Discription: This forum is specifically for prophetic words and the discussion of those words.
URL: http://archive.openheaven.com/forums/forum_posts.asp?TID=23095
Printed Date: 01/17/2017 at 12:02pm

Topic: THE TIME IS AT HAND

Posted By: Ron McGatlin
Subject: THE TIME IS AT HAND
Date Posted: 07/30/2008 at 2:45pm

The Time Is At Hand

By Ron McGatlin

God’s mercy endures forever. However, there are times and seasons that change.

The whole world is now encountering the end of a season. Individuals are encountering the ends of seasons in their personal lives. With every ending there is a new beginning on the horizon.

The nature and desire of God is that all be saved, that all come through the blood to the water of life and drink deeply of the life-giving Spirit of Christ. As God desires, so do we. We desire to see every work of salvation, healing, and deliverance fully completed in each life that comes into our view. We sincerely seek the mercy and grace of God for every person to come to fulfillment and completion. Our heart of mercy and human compassion says to us that there will be no end of striving for the salvation of each person in each household in every city.

We can miss God in critical times by not moving on as He moves on. While we remain stationary striving with one group or one person, others are waiting to receive salvation, healing, and deliverance and may remain untouched by the love and message God has put within us. We need to see what the Father is doing and move as He moves and remain when He remains. There may be a time to dust off our feet and move on to the hungry people ahead of us.

Luke 10:10-12:  "But whatever city you enter, and they do not receive you, go out into its streets and say, 'The very dust of your city which clings to us we wipe off against you.
Nevertheless know this, that the kingdom of God has come near you.'

There are those who are unjust and will remain unjust; there are those who are filthy and will remain filthy, and for some there is nothing more that God can do to save and cleanse them. He is not willing that any should perish. God has provided all and given all to save every person. The love of God calls and reaches out toward all. The way is open to whosoever will. Neither God nor you can repent for another person.
The will of a man is given to that man.

The mercy of God endures and the grace of God stands ready to empower every person to come to God and walk in righteousness, peace, and joy in the Holy Spirit. The precious gospel of the kingdom is being preached - faithful messengers are carrying the good news of the kingdom of Heaven on earth. The kingdom is now poised ready to enter the life of all who will believe and turn to God with their whole hearts. The time is at hand.

Rev 22:10-13:  And he said to me, "Do not seal the words of the prophecy of this book, for the time is at hand. He who is unjust, let him be unjust still; he who is filthy, let him be filthy still; he who is righteous, let him be righteous still; he who is holy, let him be holy still." "And behold, I am coming quickly, and My reward is with Me, to give to every one according to his work. I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End, the First and the Last."

Do Not Be Deceived

There is a big distinction between going to heaven when we die and living in the kingdom of God - New-Jerusalem lifestyle now on earth.
The gospel of the kingdom that Jesus preached has to do with living in the kingdom of God lifestyle now and bringing forth the ways of heaven on earth.

Not everyone will enter the New Jerusalem kingdom of God lifestyle. There shall in no wise anything enter in that defiles. That which defiles may enter into the church systems and group meetings but will not enter the spiritual kingdom of God. This is a great loss of abundant life now on earth for all that fail to enter into the kingdom of God lifestyle.

1 Cor 6:9-10:  Do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived. Neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor homosexuals, nor sodomites, nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners will inherit the kingdom of God.

Rev 22:14-15:  Blessed are those who do His commandments, that they may have the right to the tree of life, and may enter through the gates into the city. But outside are dogs and sorcerers and sexually immoral and murderers and idolaters, and whoever loves and practices a lie.

Rev 21:27:  But there shall by no means enter it anything that defiles, or causes an abomination or a lie, but only those who are written in the Lamb's Book of Life

Among the many various doctrines of the many church systems of the passing age, there are some dangerous deceptions that remain planted in many believers. The Holy Spirit led movement toward the restored revelation of the gospel of the kingdom is washing away some of the deceptions and planting hearts with the greater truth of Christ and His Kingdom. The old focus on going to heaven when we die with little or no regard for kingdom life on earth obscured much of the gospel of the kingdom that Jesus and the early apostles preached. Religious thinkers (theologians) developed systems of thought and teaching that included the redefining of words and altering what the Bible was really saying.

One abominable lie causing dangerous deception today involves a misconception of the biblical word "grace" and the work of the cross. The implication of the lie is that we can enter into the fullness of kingdom of heaven living carrying our unclean, covetous, lying ways with us. The lie says we are righteous and acceptable in the sight of God to enter into the kingdom of God lifestyle because of the grace of God and the blood of Jesus shed on the cross; we are righteous and acceptable in His sight to enter into the good kingdom of God lifestyle without changing.

The biblical word "grace" was redefined to mean only “unmerited favor” and that was interpreted to mean that we did not need to quit sinning and in fact could not in this life on earth. Here is the Strongs Greek dictionary definition of "charis," which is the word translated "grace" in the New Testament.

G5485. charis, khar'-ece; from G5463; graciousness (as gratifying), of manner or act (abstr. or concr.; lit., fig. or spiritual; espec. the divine influence upon the heart, and its reflection in the life; including gratitude

Please look at that definition carefully. Does unmerited appear anywhere? The Bible translators translated charis into a number of English words none of which contained the concept of unmerited favor. Charis does have to do with a gift or work of God in man. Grace is the influence or impact of God upon the heart and its reflection in the life. The word "influence" sounds benign, but not when you consider that the influence of God could change all creation in an instant. The influence of God is potentially very powerful. Grace is God in us changing our hearts and our lives. Grace is the empowerment of God to live godly and do the supernatural works of God. Grace empowers us to stop doing sin and live holy lives. Grace is the work of God in us and through us. Grace is not a whitewash covering for our continued sinful living. Grace does not forgive our sin; it stops our sinning. Grace is the love of God changing us from living as sons of Adam to living as sons of God through Christ the last Adam.

It is God’s mercy that forgives sin. Mercy forgives our past sin, and grace prevents our future sin as it empowers us to live holy. We are not destroyed because of the mercy of God. We have abundant life by grace.

Mercy relates to the cross of Christ and the absolution of the curse of sin and iniquity. Grace relates to the resurrection of Christ and the work of the Holy Spirit influencing our hearts and lives with the resurrection life of Christ.

The gospel of the kingdom is not primarily about going to heaven when we die. It is more about bringing heaven to earth while we are alive. It is about Christ living in you by the Holy Spirit in obedience to the will of the Father. It is about relating intimately to the God who made Betelgeuse and all the heavens and earth. It is about the grace of God doing mighty works in and through our lives to rule and reign with Him on earth, replacing all the fallen world ways and destruction with the ways of heaven and glory.

It is not enough to just believe. It matters greatly what we believe. 

What we believe as truth affects the direction of our lives. The actions and reactions in our life experience are affected by what we believe is truth. The world has been diverted from the ways of God into a corrupt disorder of need, greed, striving, covetousness, hatred, murder, violence, lying, and sexual immorality of every sort because the truth was changed into a lie. Church systems led the people to believe there was no kingdom of God potential on earth now in this life. There was only a hope of heaven when we died. For the most part people were left to their own minds and secular teachers to come up with answers and guidance for this life. This lie left the foundational guidance and order of life on earth to the influence of spirits of darkness and human understanding. Christians mostly only trusted in God for the blessed hope of heaven when they died.

The obscuring of the gospel of the kingdom of God on earth now in the Holy Spirit is, in my opinion, the most devastating lie that religious spirits have perpetrated through the past two millennia. The massive charade of powerless religious form presenting itself as the kingdom of God is the height of abomination and the desolation of the real kingdom of God.

I thank God that in recent decades the spiritual eyes and ears of a remnant across the world are opening to see into the spiritual realm and hear the word of the kingdom. The Bible will speak clearly to those who will ask the Holy Spirit to reveal the truth of the kingdom of God to them. But will remain veiled to those who continue to hold to the religious form and fallacious teachings of the past.

The real word and power of the truth of the kingdom of God can change the hearts and minds of people who can change the world as the grace of God flows through them. There is no other way, no other system of government, no other power; there is nothing apart from the God who created it all, flowing in and through pure holy people to bring forth the kingdom of heaven on earth.

Father God is revealing by His Spirit the end of the false rule of darkness over the planet. In the Spirit, the beginning is within site of the rule of truth in Christ Jesus coming upon all flesh and all the elements of earth becoming of the same order as in heaven. Father is revealing the Son in glory beyond all understanding. The simple ways of love and tender mercy shall return to earth and peace shall be upon the face of the land.

The great shaking of all that can be shaken is the destruction of all the loftiness and pride of man lifted up against God and His ways. The rule of man independent of God will be utterly destroyed never to rise again. Throughout all eternity man shall be of His true Father never to rebel again. Love and peace shall rule on earth and in heaven. Forever the way of good and evil will be no more. God will have a people who will rule and reign with Him.

For more on the real kingdom consider the Kingdom Growth Guides and the other material available in free
http://archive.openheaven.com/networking/webrings/ - download PDF files.

Keep on pursuing love.
It never fails.

Ron McGatlin

http://archive.openheaven.com/" target=_blank eudora="autourl - archive.openheaven.com
mailto:basileia@earthlink.net - basileia@earthlink.net
http://archive.openheaven.com/networking/webrings/ -

Replies:

Posted By: Lyn McSweeney
Date Posted: 07/30/2008 at 3:02pm

YES YES YES AMEN!!!!!

-------------
Love and Blessings!

Posted By: Kathy Bippus
Date Posted: 07/30/2008 at 11:03pm

Yes, the Spirit of Grace! Holy Spirit is come and in Him is the Kingdom of God  The Spirit of Grace, His Enabling, His Strength, the Might of His Arm, Resurrection Life victorious over sin and death. 

Quote Ron: "The gospel of the kingdom is not primarily about going to heaven when we die. It is more about bringing heaven to earth while we are alive. It is about Christ living in you by the Holy Spirit in obedience to the will of the Father. It is about relating intimately to the God who made Betelgeuse and all the heavens and earth. It is about the grace of God doing mighty works in and through our lives to rule and reign with Him on earth replacing all the fallen world ways and destruction with the ways of heaven and glory." underline emph. mine *K

-------------
In His Love

Posted By: mariateresatee
Date Posted: 07/31/2008 at 4:45am

"Father is revealing the Son in glory beyond all understanding."

-------------
In Father's love,
Tere

Posted By: Denise Detwiler
Date Posted: 07/31/2008 at 5:31am

excellent Ron! a very clear word...and very in line and in tune with what's
going on.

I remember being taught when I was a little girl up into my early teens
exactly what you say so many were taught. I also remember even as a
child when reciting the selected portions of scripture we were to
memorize that the taught definition didn't really fit well into the context
of many places the word grace was used. I puzzled over it and mainly
wrote it off to the belief that I was not wise enough to understand the
bible and others knew better than I.

What I have learned from the Lord could be summed up as follows: grace
is AN unmerited favor. That favor is the great love of Father God and all
the Godhead Who bestows on us the ability to become the sons of God.
Grace is His nature and character moving through our person, and even
His very person which includes those plus His power and presence and
everything else. Making us look a whole lot like Jesus. THAT fits in with
pretty well every use of the word grace in the NT. It's THE New
Testament - that new covenant which was established by the blood of
Jesus Who reopened the way for us to be what we are created to be. FREE
from sin. This is not merited (or earned) by us and so grace is AN
unmerited expression of His love and favor. How this got twisted is pretty
easy to guess when we consider the darkness of human nature.

And also thought of this - the thought of the biblical writers was that
when someone was named a "son of" anyone or anything it meant far
more than simply shared genes. It meant functioning in the nature
likeness and spirit of what you were a son of. So this was why some were
told they were NOT "sons of" Abraham rather of the devil - even tho they
in fact "were" biological sons of Abraham. "Sons of" thunder defined
some as being thunderous and maybe sudden and shockingly so. "Sons
of" God therefore would not merely be those who'd partook of His blood
(DNA) then went on being as before, sinning and not being transformed.
They actually were transformed to move in His character and nature and
all His abilities.

The grace is that we are living, moving, ministering as the express image
of Jesus in the earth.

-------------

Posted By: Mandy Gay
Date Posted: 07/31/2008 at 7:40am

The true revelation of God's grace gives us a yearning to love Him with all our heart and to serve Him in His plans and purposes on this planet.  This is the response our God desires from us to His grace.  Unfortunately though, many just take the first level goodies and  carry on with life as usual (think of the lepers Jesus healed - 9 out of the 10 didn't come back).  Its only those who really yearn to know God's heart who enter into the full blessings of the Kingdom.  And its these who will be the servants (true leaders) of the rest.

Date Posted: 07/31/2008 at 10:42am

More on the meaning of grace...

When you realise that that person who has hurt you, betrayed you, rejected you, slandered you, persecuted you, sought to destroy you – was forgiven on the cross 2000 years ago the same as you were – it humbles you – because how can you hold anything against them when God is no longer imputing their sins to them.

Chances are, if they’re behaving this way toward you, that they haven’t responded to God’s grace with the gratitude that He truly desires from us.  The gratitude which leads to repentance of anything that is unloving towards anyone and a desire to do only what blesses and delights Him.  The absence of this repentance suggests that they either haven’t fully grasped the kindness of God toward them or, like the Pharisees, in their refusal to submit to Jesus’ teachings, are holding themselves in higher authority than God.

But those who have responded to His kindness with repentance of anything unloving toward anyone, and who now desire to delight Him and bless Him with everything they do, are the true sons, who are being prepared to rule in the kingdom.

It’s God’s kindness that has led to our repentance, and it’s His kindness demonstrated through our lives that I believe will lead to the repentance of our enemies.

Matthew 5:43-48 (New International Version)

Love for Enemies

”You have heard that it was said, 'Love your neighbor and hate your enemy.' But I tell you: Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, that you may be sons of your Father in heaven. He causes his sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous. If you love those who love you, what reward will you get? Are not even the tax collectors doing that? And if you greet only your brothers, what are you doing more than others? Do not even pagans do that? Be perfect, therefore, as your heavenly Father is perfect.

I have been praying for a very close loved-one (Christian) who turned against me and made me their enemy just over a year ago.  Their betrayal and hatred toward me has taken a long time to get over, but even through the hurt I have been praying for them to know God’s will for them to love Him with their whole heart which leads to obedience.  My prayers have been rewarded and a couple of weeks ago I received a letter of apology.  Not just an apology, but deep, deep sorrow and remorse for how they’ve treated me.  Considering their previous stance in this area, this is nothing less than a miracle!  Praise God!  It would appear that they are at last becoming a disciple and son.

I believe that those of us who have come through the fire of such trials, and who seek to delight our Father, Son and Holy Spirit, are those who will lead through serving others in this way.  Our kindness will lead to their repentance.  Our prayers will lead to them getting revelation of the true nature and desires of God. 

Our service may never be noticed or appreciated by them, but we will reap the massive reward of knowing that we played a key role in bringing about their growth and in the kingdom and the associated blessings that go with it.

So, let’s love our enemies – and watch God do miracles in their lives as a result.

Posted By: Moderator
Date Posted: 08/01/2008 at 7:55am

Do Not Be Deceived

There is a big distinction between going to heaven when we die and living in the kingdom of God - New-Jerusalem lifestyle now on earth.
The gospel of the kingdom that Jesus preached has to do with living in the kingdom of God lifestyle now and bringing forth the ways of heaven on earth.

Not everyone will enter the New Jerusalem kingdom of God lifestyle. There shall in no wise anything enter in that defiles. That which defiles may enter into the church systems and group meetings but will not enter the spiritual kingdom of God. This is a great loss of abundant life now on earth for all that fail to enter into the kingdom of God lifestyle.

1 Cor 6:9-10:  Do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived. Neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor homosexuals, nor sodomites, nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners will inherit the kingdom of God.

Rev 22:14-15:  Blessed are those who do His commandments, that they may have the right to the tree of life, and may enter through the gates into the city. But outside are dogs and sorcerers and sexually immoral and murderers and idolaters, and whoever loves and practices a lie.

Rev 21:27:  But there shall by no means enter it anything that defiles, or causes an abomination or a lie, but only those who are written in the Lamb's Book of Life

Date Posted: 08/01/2008 at 8:05am

Amen Mandy,

I have heard people say many times that it is very hard for them to love their enemies. Always when we hear that we know that they are trying to work in their flesh to love. It just will never work that way.

Only as we truly abide in Him can His love fill us with real love for those who so viciously come against us. In line with what you say, if we are filled with Him and His love then they must come against God to come against us. If in fact we are in the flesh and are not filled with His love then they are only coming against us and not against God. That sure makes a difference. It is really hard to fight against God.

The pain from the wounds of those who accuse and condemn us with their words and actions will be turned into increased love for them and others as we truly forgive from our hearts and pray for them. We get an increased flow of LOVE from the pain of rejection, accusation and condemnation when we forgive and pray for our enemies. Often as Jesus pointed out they are the ones of our own household. Those we have sought to bless and serve.

I have noted again and again that the attacks always increase when we boldly preach the true gospel of the kingdom. The enemy is greatly opposed to the people of God receiving the revelation of the kingdom. He will do all that he can to stop the truth of Christ Jesus and His kingdom on earth as it is in heaven.

Much love and appreciation,

Ron

Posted By: Larry Denton
Date Posted: 08/01/2008 at 9:06am

And so it goes! "The Time Is At Hand".... dear brother...

And this article is one in understanding that it speaks of "Two Things"

The "understanding " of which brings a fullness to out ability to do yes, but more important be, in our being ...found in the Character of the King, Who is Christ.

John 1:14 (KJV)

And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

And we are found in the Flesh, yes but now comes the time we can dwell among one another and the glory (of just that abiliy) to love our neighbors,  " being patience" ...setting down to resolve who we are "In Them"  in His love manifest this begotteness of Our Father in Heaven .

But waht has he be in our being ...gotten?

Children who function in not one or the other but "BOTH" ...."Grace & Truth"

of ourselves?

"NO"... but that of Our Lord , Who is Christ, in that we can set and in setting rest , and be found gathered in the Flesh... but not of the Fleah, in that we are no longer decieved to renders judgemnets via the intelect, but of the Spirit of God, manifesting God Promise. honoring His Gifts...

I like this Word Ron, see what you think of it?

1 Peter 2:1-5 (KJV) 
    Wherefore laying aside all malice, and all guile, and hypocrisies, and envies, and all evil speakings, As newborn babes, desire the sincere milk of the word, that ye may grow thereby:  If so be ye have tasted that the Lord is gracious.  To whom coming, as unto a living stone, disallowed indeed of men, but chosen of God, and precious,  Ye also, as lively stones, are built up a spiritual house, an holy priesthood, to offer up spiritual sacrifices, acceptable to God by Jesus Christ.

Gracious?

Could it be in the Graciousness, the understanding of it, we are able in our being, inabled ...Laying aside all malice, and all guile, and hypocrisies, and envies, and all evil speakings?

"If so..........Be YE!

Larry

-------------
http://prophets-of-new.blogspot.com/">

Posted By: alicia myers
Date Posted: 08/02/2008 at 1:30am

I LOVE IT!.....You just broke that down to the core..

-------------
More of Christ, Less of Me..

Date Posted: 08/03/2008 at 1:47pm

Among the many various doctrines of the many church systems of the passing age, there are some dangerous deceptions that remain planted in many believers. The Holy Spirit led movement toward the restored revelation of the gospel of the kingdom is washing away some of the deceptions and planting hearts with the greater truth of Christ and His Kingdom. Religious thinkers (theologians) developed systems of thought and teaching that included the redefining of words and altering what the Bible was really saying.

One abominable lie causing dangerous deception today involves a misconception of the biblical word "grace" and the work of the cross. The implication of the lie is that we can enter into the fullness of kingdom of heaven living carrying our unclean, covetous, lying ways with us. The lie says we are righteous and acceptable in the sight of God to enter into the kingdom of God lifestyle because of the grace of God and the blood of Jesus shed on the cross; we are righteous and acceptable in His sight to enter into the good kingdom of God lifestyle without changing.

The biblical word "grace" was redefined to mean only “unmerited favor” and that was interpreted to mean that we did not need to quit sinning and in fact could not in this life on earth. Here is the Strongs Greek dictionary definition of "charis," which is the word translated "grace" in the New Testament.

G5485. charis, khar'-ece; from G5463; graciousness (as gratifying), of manner or act (abstr. or concr.; lit., fig. or spiritual; espec. the divine influence upon the heart, and its reflection in the life; including gratitude

Please look at that definition carefully. Does unmerited appear anywhere? The Bible translators translated charis into a number of English words none of which contained the concept of unmerited favor. Charis does have to do with a gift or work of God in man. Grace is the influence or impact of God upon the heart and its reflection in the life. The word "influence" sounds benign, but not when you consider that the influence of God could change all creation in an instant. The influence of God is potentially very powerful. Grace is God in us changing our hearts and our lives. Grace is the empowerment of God to live godly and do the supernatural works of God. Grace empowers us to stop doing sin and live holy lives. Grace is the work of God in us and through us. Grace is not a whitewash covering for our continued sinful living. Grace does not forgive our sin; it stops our sinning. Grace is the love of God changing us from living as sons of Adam to living as sons of God through Christ the last Adam.

It is God’s mercy that forgives sin. Mercy forgives our past sin, and grace prevents our future sin as it empowers us to live holy. We are not destroyed because of the mercy of God. We have abundant life by grace.

Mercy relates to the cross of Christ and the absolution of the curse of sin and iniquity. Grace relates to the resurrection of Christ and the work of the Holy Spirit influencing our hearts and lives with the resurrection life of Christ.

Ron 

Posted By: Jeff Kingshott
Date Posted: 08/03/2008 at 1:55pm

All week I have been hearing Sanctuary Ron ,

And like your word

Luke 10:10-12:  "But whatever city you enter, and they do not receive you, go out into its streets and say, 'The very dust of your city which clings to us we wipe off against you. Nevertheless know this, that the kingdom of God has come near you.'

The ones he send us all to have achoice to receive his Grace and Kingdom or to reject it .

God IS Revealing his SON " The Cornerstone " but they must " speak GRACE ! GRACE to it ! " for The Lord to come and  " ABIDE " They must receive him in what ever season and way he comes or sends messengers ~

-------------
Trust the Holy Spirit to guide you in all truths !

Date Posted: 08/04/2008 at 8:04am

Email Response:

I just read the above article, Ron...and once again I rejoice at the truth you have written.

Recently the Spirit said to me, "My written word has been rewritten and I will tolerate it no longer."  As you, I have been grieved over the deception in the church re grace and holiness, etc.  Over and over again in scripture it says to go on to maturity/perfection/wholeness in Christ...and we rarely, if ever, hear that preached.  We are given excuses for sin and call it grace... what flagrant deception, and many hold onto the lie for dear life - which is death!

We are to walk in the light of the gospel.  The gospel is Christ and Him crucified, period!  There is power when that message is preached in purity of heart.  Power is the anointing to change lives eternally...not temporarily. O, how I want the church to see that the purpose of our lives, according to scripture, is that we be conformed into the image of Christ in this life!  There is no other purpose!!  God wants sons and daughters that look like His Son.
I was seeing with even greater clarity last evening that Jesus was the image (character and image) of God; He was also the image of what man was intended to be...very God, very man.  We are to be as He was in this earth - living epistles...the living word made flesh just like our Elder Brother.  THAT is the gospel!!  All the other 'stuff' upon which the Church has majored is superfluous and deadly, as it takes us away from living the life as Paul described in Phil. 2:5-10.  I heard the audible voice of God in 1985 say to me, "Let this mind be in you..." - I knew where it was and it has been a touchstone in my life since that time. 

Ron, I am so grateful that you have a 'voice' during this season...the Church is desperate for the Real Deal...not hype, emotionalism, etc.  May it be...

Love and blessings,  Jeanette

Date Posted: 08/06/2008 at 11:43am

Hi Ron,

I’ve been reading your original post here again and it strikes me that what we’re seeing is the younger son, in the parable of the lost son, growing up and coming home.  (The Parable of the Lost Son - Luke 15:11-32)

Father has watched as the church has taken his grace for granted and believed that we could have an abundant life without abiding with Him.  The time has come when many are “coming to their senses” and returning home to Father on the estate (the kingdom).

The son was immature when he left, but his time away, with all its accompanying suffering, has matured him.  He is coming back to his father, broken, yet ready to serve on the estate as a mature son.  The father is overjoyed at the son’s return.  He has been patiently waiting and brooding, missing him and longing for the work of suffering to fulfill its role and for the boy to become a man and come home. 

Now he is entrusted with the authority to rule in the family business.

Interestingly, the older son, who didn’t run off with the inheritance, didn’t appear to mature through the story.  He hadn’t grasped the fact that the inheritance was at his disposal all the time.  He still thought he had to earn it.  He doesn’t seem to have grasped the concept of his father's grace at all.

Food for thought.

Love and blessings,

Mandy

Date Posted: 08/07/2008 at 4:24am

Malachi 4:5-6 (Amplified Bible)

Behold, I will send you Elijah the prophet before the great and terrible day of the Lord comes.

And he shall turn and reconcile the hearts of the [estranged] fathers to the [ungodly] children, and the hearts of the [rebellious] children to [the piety of] their fathers [a reconciliation produced by repentance of the ungodly], lest I come and smite the land with a curse and a ban of utter destruction.

Date Posted: 08/07/2008 at 5:27pm

Mandy wrote:
Quote:
Father has watched as the church has taken his grace for granted and believed that we could have an abundant life without abiding with Him.  The time has come when many are “coming to their senses” and returning home to Father on the estate (the kingdom).

Amen Mandy, Even mankind that left home in Adam. Lost the kingdom to the enemy and through Christ we are COMMING HOME TO THE KINGDOM!!! PRAISE GOD!!!

Ron

Date Posted: 08/08/2008 at 3:07am

Luke 10:2

He told them, "The harvest is plentiful, but the workers are few. Ask the Lord of the harvest, therefore, to send out workers into his harvest field.

Amen!

Posted By: James Alvin
Date Posted: 08/08/2008 at 8:40am

I am familiar with this passage and have always struggled with it.  It says that only those who do God's commandments will enter into God's Kingdom.  That looks fairly straightforward.  I'm concerned because when Jesus talks about murder, he says that to hate my brother is to murder.  Or when he talks about adultery, he says that to lust after someone is adultery.  While I have never taken a life, sometimes I do find very strong, hateful feelings toward people when they hurt me or my family.  How do I hope to be part of God's Kingdom while I sometimes struggle with these feelings?  Do these feelings mean that I'm practicing a lie as you emphasized in your original post?

Date Posted: 08/08/2008 at 8:08pm

James Alvin wrote:
Quote:

I am familiar with this passage and have always struggled with it.  It says that only those who do God's commandments will enter into God's Kingdom.  That looks fairly straightforward.  I'm concerned because when Jesus talks about murder, he says that to hate my brother is to murder.  Or when he talks about adultery, he says that to lust after someone is adultery.  While I have never taken a life, sometimes I do find very strong, hateful feelings toward people when they hurt me or my family.  How do I hope to be part of God's Kingdom while I sometimes struggle with these feelings?  Do these feelings mean that I'm practicing a lie as you emphasized in your original post?

Hello James,

Thank you for your very sincere question. Yes, you do have reason to be concerned and as you have suspected there is something that is yet unfinished that troubles you.

I think you probably realize that the kingdom of God, the gates, and city are all spiritual realities that have to do with our lives. Paul defined the kingdom of God as righteousness, peace and joy in the Holy Spirit. The kingdom of God is a spiritual kingdom that abides within His people and flows through them into the natural world.

The troubling that you mentioned because of internal anger or hateful feelings toward people is not righteous nor is it peace and it is not joy and it is not in the Holy Spirit. I am not sure this should be considered practicing a lie. However, it does indicate not abiding in the kingdom of God lifestyle.

Your question I believe is about how to change that. "How do I hope to be part of God's Kingdom while I sometimes struggle with these feelings?" God has provided all that we need to live in the kingdom of heaven lifestyle. However, we have a part in appropriating His provision into our lives. As you probably realize most people including many Christians are not living in the real kingdom of God lifestyle. In other words most would also struggle with things like those you mention. Either they have not heard or simply do not believe that such a life is even possible. Many have been taught the lie that the struggling life you mention is normal for this life and we will have to wait till we die and go to heaven to be free from our struggles with lust, anger and so on.

The grace of God is the empowerment to live holy lives. The power of grace gifts are brought to us in the Holy Spirit. As we live and walk in the Holy Spirit the resurrection life of Christ is imparted to us by the Holy Spirit. The greatest characteristic of Christ by the Holy Spirit is love. The power of love is available in us to forgive every person for every wrong suffered and overcome every lustful thought and desire. The process of appropriating the work of Jesus to empower us to walk in the kingdom lifestyle involves the baptism of the Holy Spirit and our personal cross leading to an intimate relationship with God in the Spirit. The process will include what some refer to as dying to self or emptying self that Christ can live in us by the Holy Spirit. We can then forgive and our lives are not the most important thing to us.

Yes, we may yet be tempted to have those hateful thoughts if we walk out of the Spirit. In that case we can quickly repent and get back in the Spirit to continue walking in Him filled with His love and forgiveness. We truly can love and pray for our enemies and those who persecute us.

This is a abbreviated statement of these important matters. I heartily recommend experiencing the
http://archive.openheaven.com/networking/webrings/ - Kingdom Growth Guides that you can download free on this site.

Keep on pursuing love.
It never fails.

Ron McGatlin

http://archive.openheaven.com/" target=_blank eudora="autourl - archive.openheaven.com
mailto:basileia@earthlink.net - basileia@earthlink.net

Print Page | Close Window